Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

AQ Mafia Endgame Thread

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 10:13:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Town Wins

Mafia

1. Elias Hucksteen-governor (Yraelz)

2. Dianne Grimm: Mafia Tracker and Watcher (Zaradi)

3. Gideon Darborn: lawyer (Johnny)

Dark Convention

4. Juan Manuelito (The Antidoter)

Jibay releaser: roleblocks

1x recruit

Town

5. Abraham Thorn: JOAT (Lucky)

1x Commute

1x Kill

1x JOAT grant

1x Scramble(all people who receive results will receive mismatched results)

6. Quimley: Even Night Tracker (Noumena)

7. Charlie: Odd Night Watcher (Rocket)

8. Max: Infiltrator (Cop) (Khaos)

9. Claudia: Vanilla (Budda)

10. Livia: Doctor (lannan)

11. Geming Chu: Politician (drafterman)

12.Clockwork GOlem) (TUF), bulletproof

13. Innocence: roleblocker (ribbet spell) (FourTrouble)

14. Darla: Miller (Smithreens)

15. Alexandra: Vigilante (FrackJack)

Analysis

The town played extremely well, and the Mafia was pretty weak because of inactivity. Yraelz actually scum-slipped on DP1 when he was discussing Mafia Lawyers, but nobody caught it, and he was able to basically skate through the game until he refused to claim at the end. MVP goes to Mestari/Lucky for claiming JOAT, changing his claim and convincing everyone that he was a commuter, stopping a town death on NP2, and killing Yraelz on NP3.

Night Phase 1Night Phase 2Night Phase 3
Mafia
Yraelz nk luckyYrealz NK FrackJackYraelz kills drafter
Danielle watches/tracks KhaosDeadD
Johnny lawyers selfDeadD

Town
Lucky commutesLucky: Roleblocks FrackJackLucky Kills Yrealz
Noumena-noneNoumena: FFNoumena: None
Rocket watches FTRocket: NoneRocket:
Khaos investigates FrackJackKhaos investigates FTKhaos: Investigates Budda
Budda-NoneBudda; noneBudda: None
lannan protects FTlannan FFFrackJack2: Protect Ft
drafterman forces Yraelz to vote for Johnnydrafter puts Yraelz on Noumenadrafter: Yraelz on TUF
TUF: noneTUF :noneTUF: none
FT: Roleblock LuckyFT Roleblocks BuddaFT Roleblocks: TUF

FrackJack: kills Danielle/ZaradiFrackJack Kills NoumenaFJ1: dead

Smithreens: NoneSmith: noneNone
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 10:14:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I thought the Town was in a mess at the beginning because I definitely overpowered the Mafia, but the Town sweeped this game . . .
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 10:22:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 5:58:32 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz is town.

At 5/23/2013 12:59:55 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, let Yraelz have his own vote. He's town...

At 5/23/2013 10:31:30 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz is so town it hurts to even think about.

At 5/23/2013 10:37:28 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
LEAVE YRAELZ THE FVCK ALONE. HE'S TOWN. I'M 99% SURE OF IT.

I vouch for him.

At 5/23/2013 10:59:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 5/23/2013 10:57:18 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/23/2013 10:55:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
If only I could be so lucky...
Unvote, though I'm still suspicious of you, VTL Johnny for a claim

Everyone is, it's the dashing good looks. ;)

I've never suspected you for even a single moment. I guess your good looks don't work on me.

At 5/29/2013 9:49:49 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Khaos, I can nearly promise you Yraelz is town. The tone of confidence in every single one of his posts is the most genuine thing I've ever seen in this game. To say things like, "I claim when I want to," is not something scum say. I've played in a hydra with Yraelz quite a lot. I'd like to think I have some insight into his play, at least more than the other players here. If you think I'm town, and I know you do, then please trust me. Yraelz is town. I am 99% certain of it.

At 5/30/2013 11:26:54 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
...
I am telling you, at the same time, that I am 99% certain Yraelz is town
...
I do not believe Yraelz is scum. ... I am convinced that Yraelz is town.
...
I will not vote for Yraelz because I believe he is town, and therefore I trust him when he says that his claim can potentially harm the town. ... In this case, I am 99% certain Yraelz is town.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:15:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I admit that after DP 1 I skimmed, but this was a pretty good game. Good job, everyone =)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:16:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:14:42 PM, drafterman wrote:
Budda, what is it with you being vanillas?

?? You mean like being FOS'd and what not? Or getting the role vanilla regularly? I know awhile back I was miller all the time, at least its not that haha
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:17:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:16:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:14:42 PM, drafterman wrote:
Budda, what is it with you being vanillas?

?? You mean like being FOS'd and what not? Or getting the role vanilla regularly? I know awhile back I was miller all the time, at least its not that haha

Getting the role all the time. Naval, this game, DC/Marvel.

Every time you claim vanilla I think, "Come on Budda, put some effort into your fake claim."
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:19:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:17:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:16:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:14:42 PM, drafterman wrote:
Budda, what is it with you being vanillas?

?? You mean like being FOS'd and what not? Or getting the role vanilla regularly? I know awhile back I was miller all the time, at least its not that haha

Getting the role all the time. Naval, this game, DC/Marvel.

Every time you claim vanilla I think, "Come on Budda, put some effort into your fake claim."

Lol, I'm not sure if I've ever claimed vanilla as scum though...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:20:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:19:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:17:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:16:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/1/2013 12:14:42 PM, drafterman wrote:
Budda, what is it with you being vanillas?

?? You mean like being FOS'd and what not? Or getting the role vanilla regularly? I know awhile back I was miller all the time, at least its not that haha

Getting the role all the time. Naval, this game, DC/Marvel.

Every time you claim vanilla I think, "Come on Budda, put some effort into your fake claim."

Lol, I'm not sure if I've ever claimed vanilla as scum though...

I bet you will now lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:35:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nice job town =) Especially Drafter and Lucky.

I really enjoyed this game. Being town read by various people throughout (Budda and FT most notably) was pretty epic. If my team hadn't been comprised of the biggest lurker and a 100% inactive, this game may have turned out differently.

Lucky, I agree that my fake claim was terrible. Especially true of the win condition. But at the point of my fake claim it was a 10:1 split. I needed something for you all to do for four rounds while I orchestrated mislynches and shot at people. I also needed a way to explain away the cops incoming guilty result. I'm curious about what you would have actually claimed?
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 12:53:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 10:24:35 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Well, I got it wrong. Obviously.

drafter was MVP, not Lucky. Lucky didn't do sh!t all game.

I'm not going to dispute who should be MVP, because I don't care, but don't say I didn't do sh!t all game. I may not have been extremely active in the DPs, but in the 3 NPs I blocked a mafia kill, in the process freeing myself to act as I please, I blocked a vig kill on a townie, and I killed a mafia member. In effect I saved two townies and killed a mafioso in 3 night phases. To say that I played terribly as town this game is simply ignorant. Just because I do not follow SOP does not mean that my actions were not productive.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 1:06:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A few notes on the setup:

There is almost no conceivable way for the Dark Convention to win. They need a majority with 2 people, meaning they need it to get down to 3 players to win, and 2 to tie. They can only win if they recruit a vig or enter the night phase with 2 cult, 1 vig, and 1 mafia, and the vig/mafia kill each other. They honestly had to have at least 1 more starting member, with their roles being manipulative or protective rather than inhibitory, or two with decent roles to even have a shot at winning. Either that or an every night recruit.

Mafia was pretty underpowered. Why did they have a watcher/roleblocker? The reason I scum-read FT so hard was because his role made so much conceptual sense as mafia. Only give the mafia watcher and tracker variants if (1) they are meant to be a fake claim - which isn't possible in this setup - or (2) they have a role that can utilize the watcher/tracker results, like a role blocker. The role was effectively a waste. Maybe they could watch themselves every night and use that to plan for investigative results before the DP went up, but that's it really.

I care more about the conceptual coherence of scum factions than the town, because the town can usually win if they play well, so I'll stop there.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 1:28:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
On a side note: I'm 4-0 since returning to mafia, not counting the LOTR game, so I must be doing something right. ^_^
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 2:09:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:39:32 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Oh, and Drafter, I shot you dead. Even though I lost the game, it brings me warm feelings.

You say this as though it matters.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 2:12:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 12:53:17 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 6/1/2013 10:24:35 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Well, I got it wrong. Obviously.

drafter was MVP, not Lucky. Lucky didn't do sh!t all game.

I'm not going to dispute who should be MVP, because I don't care, but don't say I didn't do sh!t all game. I may not have been extremely active in the DPs, but in the 3 NPs I blocked a mafia kill, in the process freeing myself to act as I please, I blocked a vig kill on a townie, and I killed a mafia member. In effect I saved two townies and killed a mafioso in 3 night phases. To say that I played terribly as town this game is simply ignorant. Just because I do not follow SOP does not mean that my actions were not productive.

I won't deny the excellent choices for your night actions, but what saved you from your own lies was the fact that other people made themselves bigger targets. If it weren't for johnny, you probably would have been mislynched DP2.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 2:53:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lucky, you made yourself a mislynch target. It doesn't matter how good your night-actions were, the DP is where towns win the game. You're literally "lucky" that I care more about winning than policy lynching. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even pushed for johnny's claim/death. You would have died, and with that, the game could have had a very different outcome. The good play on DP2 came from me, ignoring your stupidity, and going after the scum. The good player throughout the rest of the game came from drafter, who consistently focused on Yraelz and made sure we didn't lynch on DP3 before getting his claim. You literally had no effect on the outcome of this game. That's what I mean when I say you didn't do sh!t.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 3:25:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 2:53:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

...The good player throughout the rest of the game came from drafter, who consistently focused on Yraelz and made sure we didn't lynch on DP3 before getting his claim. ...

So, why was I wrong in doing this?
It seems to be another one of those "I am a noob so listen to me, while player X knows what he is doing" type things.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 3:35:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Royal,
Out of curiosity, if Yraelz was unlynchable, how were we to win, had Lucky used his kill, and we lost our vig? Or is this typical in games, where there can be an automatic town loss?
My work here is, finally, done.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:11:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 3:25:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/1/2013 2:53:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

...The good player throughout the rest of the game came from drafter, who consistently focused on Yraelz and made sure we didn't lynch on DP3 before getting his claim. ...

So, why was I wrong in doing this?

You weren't.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:13:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 4:11:09 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 6/1/2013 3:25:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/1/2013 2:53:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

...The good player throughout the rest of the game came from drafter, who consistently focused on Yraelz and made sure we didn't lynch on DP3 before getting his claim. ...

So, why was I wrong in doing this?

You weren't.
YEAH!!!
I feel my cred slowly rising...
My work here is, finally, done.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:37:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 2:53:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Lucky, you made yourself a mislynch target. It doesn't matter how good your night-actions were, the DP is where towns win the game. You're literally "lucky" that I care more about winning than policy lynching. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even pushed for johnny's claim/death. You would have died, and with that, the game could have had a very different outcome. The good play on DP2 came from me, ignoring your stupidity, and going after the scum. The good player throughout the rest of the game came from drafter, who consistently focused on Yraelz and made sure we didn't lynch on DP3 before getting his claim. You literally had no effect on the outcome of this game. That's what I mean when I say you didn't do sh!t.

You fail to see net benefits. I was the JOAT, while I have a vote during the day just as much as every other townie does, I have an incredible amount of power during the DP as displayed throughout this game. Sure I made myself a target for the town, but it was in exchange for being free of any negative mafia night actions, and I also freed up townie investigative and protective roles to be on other players. Honestly it was the risk of getting lynched vs maximizing the efficiency of the town's night actions. I'm pretty confident in my ability to survive a mislynch, so it's a fair tradeoff. You are only looking that the explicit drawbacks of lying and the day-time implications, but are ignoring the implicit benefits gained during the night. Furthermore, I called Yraelz as scum on DP2 as well. Just because I was out of town and not as active during the DP doesn't mean my reads weren't correct for the most part. The only incorrect reads I had were on Drafter and yourself. I changed Drafter to a town read DP2 after looking at his character in more death and I only retained a scum read on you for the sake of conceptual coherency, but apparently the mafia roles have no synergy whatsoever. If I died DP1, Frack killed Noumena NP2, and Yraelz lived another DP then you can't say that with a competent mafia (i.e. not Johnny and Zaradi) this game wouldn't have been different. The only reason my night actions seemed insignificant is because the mafia played terribly overall.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:37:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 3:35:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Royal,
Out of curiosity, if Yraelz was unlynchable, how were we to win, had Lucky used his kill, and we lost our vig? Or is this typical in games, where there can be an automatic town loss?

He was the governor. He had a 1-shot ability to overturn a lynch.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014