Jump to topic:

DC and MARVEL MAFIA DP 3

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:11:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A great cataclysm shook the Earth. The combined efforts of all the superheroes and villains of Earth was barely enough to ward off the evil. As the dust settled, the crowd gathered round to search for bodies. They quickly discovered someone was missing.

A massive man utilized the distraction of the crowd. He isolated the Ghost Rider and attacked him. Ghost Rider was taken by complete surprise, and before he even had the chance to conjure hell-fire he was overwhelmed. Within moments, the flaming skull was extinguished.

Cackling insanely to himself, the Joker staggered down the street.

"Madness, is like gravity. All it takes, is a little push."

He collapsed, dead. His ruby red leer plastered onto his face.

DEAD IN THE NIGHT

Khaos Mage - ???
????

Noumena - Ghost Rider

You are Ghost Rider, or Johnny Blaze. Turned in the Devil"s bounty hunter, you rebelled against the Devil and became the Spirit of Vengeance. You destroy the evil and protect the innocent. You can launch soul-fire and your Penance Stare utterly destroys villains, forcing them to relive all the suffering they cause. Furthermore, you have a mystical chain. Thus, you are the CHAINER. You can chain two characters together. This chain will last 2 DP"s and 1 NP. Anything that happens to one member happens to the other. Furthermore, if you attempt to chain a mafia member, they will be burned and lose their night action. You win with the Town.

Joker - Yin.Yang
You are the Joker, Batman"s mortal nemesis. Your exact origins are unknown, though it is speculated that you are a failed stand-up comedian. After being chased by Batman for robbery, you fell into a pool of acid which dyed your skin white, gave your lips their permanent grin, and you"re completely insane. However, despite your insanity, you are a criminal mastermind. In the recent Dark Knight Movie, you converted Gotham"s white-knight into the horrible Two-Face. Thus, you are the YAKUZA. You may sacrifice yourself to convert another player to the mafia as a goon. Furthermore, upon activating your Yakuza power, you may permanently make one player investigate guilty. You win with the Mafia.

LYNCHED LAST DP

Buddamoose - Aquaman
You are Aquaman, a superhero who lives underwater and can talk to dolphins and fish. Yah, you"re super lame. Thus, you"re vanilla. You win with the Town.

The DP will end in 48 hours in a VTNL if no decision is made.

PLAYER LIST:

SARCASTIC
DRAFTER
TUF
THEANTIDOTER
YRAELZ
FOURTROUBLE (FRACK)
ROCKETENGINEER
JOHNNYBOY
DAYTONA
SKEPSIKYMA
MARAUDER

With 11 players left, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

FOURTROUBLE HAS REPLACED FRACKJACK.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:31:16 PM
I was told I was roleblocked this time.

the Joker did not die until just now so he didnt Yakuza Rocket earier, and Rocket gave us false results on Budda.

I highly doubt there is a Yakuza role like the Joker has that frames, and a regular framer in the mafia, that would be a little overpowered. so VOTE TO LYNCH ROCKET for death
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:34:47 PM
also I think its safe to say the Joker did not die from being chained if the OP means anything, it looks like Joker died all on his own. but Khoas might have died from being chained to the joker I'm guessing.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 1:30:14 PM
ROCKETENGINEER
DRAFTER
TUF
THEANTIDOTER

YRAELZ
FOURTROUBLE (FRACK)
JOHNNYBOY
DAYTONA
SKEPSIKYMA
MARAUDER

SARCASTIC

Two in the bolded, one in the not bolded.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 1:32:22 PM
At 6/2/2013 1:03:17 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Rocket is town, he claimed Batman.

VTL Marauder

He claimed batman after it had been insinuated that TA was claiming batman and no one had yet counterclaimed that. So it wasn't quite as risky as outright claiming it. His town status isn't really 100% assured by that.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 1:50:48 PM
At 6/2/2013 1:32:22 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

VTL Marauder

He claimed batman after it had been insinuated that TA was claiming batman and no one had yet counterclaimed that. So it wasn't quite as risky as outright claiming it. His town status isn't really 100% assured by that.

His town status is 99% assured by his claim. Joker is mafia. We can take that as nearly definitive evidence that the mafia would not have claimed Batman unless they were trying to make a 1-for-1 trade, and even that scenario is very unlikely.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 1:52:05 PM
At 6/2/2013 1:30:14 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
ROCKETENGINEER
DRAFTER
TUF
THEANTIDOTER

YRAELZ
FOURTROUBLE (FRACK)
JOHNNYBOY
DAYTONA
SKEPSIKYMA
MARAUDER

SARCASTIC

Two in the bolded, one in the not bolded.

Yakuza means there could be 3 in the bolded or 2 in the non-bolded
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 1:52:32 PM

VTL Marauder

Irrelevant. Batman may sound good and like something we would hope is a guaranteed to be in the game, that's just wishful thinking in the end. The hard evidence we have is he gave us a bogus investigative results and as a role has claimed JOAT and keeps the rest of his one shots a so he is not committed to any given lie about his role. JOAT does get fake claimed by the mafia a lot

A Scout is Obedient.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:03:53 PM
Hi guys, Rocket for death!

VTL ROCKET
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:31:02 PM
At 6/2/2013 1:50:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 6/2/2013 1:32:22 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

VTL Marauder

His town status is 99% assured by his claim. Joker is mafia. We can take that as nearly definitive evidence that the mafia would not have claimed Batman unless they were trying to make a 1-for-1 trade, and even that scenario is very unlikely.

Your an idiot. This game is a random assortment of just about any comic book characters. His claim does not make him 99% guaranteed. Not even with joker in the mafia, there has been no evidence to suggest all arch rivals came in paired sets for this game. Do you think Ocean Master or Black Manta are in the mafia because of Aquaman? There's no garuntee.

Plus even if the mafia was sure Batman is in the game having a yakuza that's useless if not used is plenty of reason to claim Batman to flush out who is to Yakyza recruit him.

Answer my charge about Rocket giving us confirmed false results. Make a case for how he didn't lie or its you who is coming off scummy.

A Scout is Obedient.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:34:19 PM
At 6/2/2013 1:55:58 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Skep, you gonna vote for Marauder or do I need to convince you?

Convincing sounds good.
- Hilaire Belloc -
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:36:59 PM
The guilty on Budda and the Yak recruit puts things out of whack. This sucks. Also, I can't vote again. Did anyone watch me?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:50:09 PM
I agree that the framer aspect of the Joker's ability makes a second framer unlikely. Since the Joker was obviously alive last DP, the only way that I can see Rocket getting a guilty on Budda is if he is scum. As far as I know, limited JOAT abilities aren't flavored. I say this is a pretty straightforward lynch.
- Hilaire Belloc -
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:51:50 PM
4 of the following are scum:
TUF, Yin.Yang, TA, Rocket, Daytona, Skep, Marauder, FT/F16, Budda, Drafterman

FT/16 are confirmed scum.
Yin.Yang is confirmed scum.
Budda is confirmed town.
Excluding Rocket, Skep, TA, and myself.

2 of the following are scum:
TUF, Daytona, Marauder

I also had one of Johnny, Frack, and Noumena as scum. Noumena was town, so:

1 of the following are scum:
Johnny, Frack

This, of course, excludes the Yak target, which could be anyone.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:53:33 PM
At 6/2/2013 2:36:59 PM, drafterman wrote:
The guilty on Budda and the Yak recruit puts things out of whack. This sucks. Also, I can't vote again. Did anyone watch me?

Yeah it does suck. So are you stalling for seeing what the mass public opinion is on Rocket first before giving your own or will you have the courage to give your own now? The yakuza does confuse things but it doesn't confuse if Rocket lied or not causing a misslynch. The yakuza had not used his role before this point when Rocket got his supposed guilty on Buddha.

A Scout is Obedient.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:55:42 PM
At 6/2/2013 2:53:33 PM, Marauder wrote:

Yeah it does suck. So are you stalling for seeing what the mass public opinion is on Rocket first before giving your own or will you have the courage to give your own now? The yakuza does confuse things but it doesn't confuse if Rocket lied or not causing a misslynch. The yakuza had not used his role before this point when Rocket got his supposed guilty on Buddha.

If you want to roll die against me, go ahead. I'm somewhat on a hard-to-lynch streak, and that's even when I'm confirmed scum.

Regardless, we can only speculate as to who the Yak target is, or what the deal with Rocket is. However, I think the sensor results are reliable, so I'd rather deal with something I can trust than something I can only speculate on.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 2:59:14 PM
At 6/2/2013 2:52:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
It's possible Rocket is paranoid, but unlikely. Rocket should full claim.

Defend that nonsense you just said, since when are 1 shot JOATs flavored and why would the world's greatest detective be flavored paranoid of all comic characters to make a one shot paranoid cop?

A Scout is Obedient.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:00:01 PM
At 6/2/2013 2:53:36 PM, drafterman wrote:
@Skep:

Marauder is almost certainly scum by POE, unless you think the sensor results are faked.

No, I just haven't absolutely ruled out as many people as you have. I still see you and TA being scum as possibilities to take into account. This makes a Marauder lynch far less certain than a Rocket lynch, as the only way for his results to make sense is for him to be a flavored JOAT cop.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:14:50 PM
At 6/2/2013 2:55:42 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/2/2013 2:53:33 PM, Marauder wrote:

If you want to roll die against me, go ahead. I'm somewhat on a hard-to-lynch streak, and that's even when I'm confirmed scum.

Regardless, we can only speculate as to who the Yak target is, or what the deal with Rocket is. However, I think the sensor results are reliable, so I'd rather deal with something I can trust than something I can only speculate on.

I just may have to pursue that later when I'm not posting fromy stupid smart phone at work and can put things in bold.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:21:58 PM
At 6/2/2013 3:00:01 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/2/2013 2:53:36 PM, drafterman wrote:
@Skep:

Marauder is almost certainly scum by POE, unless you think the sensor results are faked.

No, I just haven't absolutely ruled out as many people as you have. I still see you and TA being scum as possibilities to take into account. This makes a Marauder lynch far less certain than a Rocket lynch, as the only way for his results to make sense is for him to be a flavored JOAT cop.

Do note drafters convenient process of elimination that does not include himself and then selling it like I'm the only person who can be mafia from the sensor results. I've claimed, drafter has not.

A Scout is Obedient.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:25:41 PM
Maurader, if you are going to lie about someone else's analysis, it might work better if your lie isn't on the same page as that analysis, where everyone can easily see the truth.

You aren't the only one. You are one of three, two of which are scum

And of course I excluded myself. Why wouldn't I?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:28:38 PM
At 6/2/2013 3:21:43 PM, TUF wrote:
VTL Rocket for a full claim, and possibly death.

VTL Rocket

It'll take quite the song and dance to move this vote.
- Hilaire Belloc -
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 3:34:48 PM
Okay guys, I seriously don't know what happened with budda. I really did get a guilty result on him last DP.

I am batman. After my parents death, I committed my life to fighting crime to stop things like that from happening to others.

I have a cop ability, which I used. I have a watch ability, and a track ability. Also if joker dies, I become bulletproof the night following his death. I will be bulletproof tonight (a vig can test this).

Last night I tracked Kaos, who visited drafter.