Jump to topic:

Pace of Mafia Games

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 2:41:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Currently, a new mafia game is allowed (by tradition) to start when one ends. However, there are always arguments about how many games can be running at a time.

I think a solution to this is to alter when new games are allowed to start. I think a new mafia game should be allowed to start when a current mafia game is at half the number of starting players.

If we have 2 games as the base, this will have 4 games at a time (the two that are just starting and the two that are half over) and this method self-regulates.

More activity usually means faster games, meaning new games start more frequently. Players who die early no longer have to wait an entire game before a new game starts and the new games that start are guaranteed to have a a sizable portion of people who are ready to devote attention to it.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 5:23:49 PM
At 6/4/2013 2:41:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
Currently, a new mafia game is allowed (by tradition) to start when one ends. However, there are always arguments about how many games can be running at a time.

I think a solution to this is to alter when new games are allowed to start. I think a new mafia game should be allowed to start when a current mafia game is at half the number of starting players.

If we have 2 games as the base, this will have 4 games at a time (the two that are just starting and the two that are half over) and this method self-regulates.

More activity usually means faster games, meaning new games start more frequently. Players who die early no longer have to wait an entire game before a new game starts and the new games that start are guaranteed to have a a sizable portion of people who are ready to devote attention to it.

It's a good idea but the only issue is if someone might make the mistake of modding a game of their own and playing a different game at the same time
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:05:42 PM
I completely agree. I'll start off by starting my game once one of the currently running games (most likely IShall's) have 1/2 the number of initial players.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:12:06 PM
At 6/4/2013 5:23:49 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/4/2013 2:41:58 PM, drafterman wrote:

It's a good idea but the only issue is if someone might make the mistake of modding a game of their own and playing a different game at the same time

That has nothing to do with how we pace the games. Every mod runs into this issue.