Total Posts:421|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Fantasy Mafia DP2

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 6:59:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dead players

1 johnnyboy54 (1): You are JACK BAUER from 24. Gathering information and saving innocent lives is your top priority. You will stop at nothing, not even torture. You are the TORTURER. You may roleblock a player and torture them for information about what they did the previous night. I will tell you whether they were up to any nefarious activities. You can only do this starting NP2 and until NP4, after which you will turn into a vanilla. Be warned though about the downfalls of torturing people for information. You win with the town. - LYNCHED DP1

2 TheAntidoter (Lucky_Luciano): Corporate honesty. How difficult is it to get straight answers from corporations? Sometimes it seems like they make stuff up as they go along. You are the cop. Make up your own justification. Your role expires after NP3. You win with the town. - KILLED NP1

Active Players

1 airmax1227
2 BlackVoid
3 Buddamoose
4 drafterman
5 FourTrouble
6 IFLYHIGH
7 Ore_Ele (ishallannoyyo)
8 Khaos Mage
9 johnnyboy54 (2) (OneElephant)
10 SarcasticIndeed
11 Skepsikyma
12 trekie
13 TUF
14 yin.yang
15 Yraelz

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch or end the phase in a no lynch.

Deadline: 5:00 PM PST (7:00 PM DDO time) 6/11/2013
Time Remaining: 72 hours
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:10:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So FT accused me of lurking at the end of the last DP.

Unfortunately I was unable to post before Johnny was lynched because I will almost never post before 7pm central time. I also didn't add much to the DP the night before, except a few posts, because I was busy and I spent a fair amount of time fixing the thread. By the time I was done it was 4am and I needed to go to sleep.

As for what occurred in the game, I didn't support the lynch on Johnny though I wouldn't have been against it. He was as good a target as any, and my town reads supported it, so if I had the chance to hammer on Johnny, I probably would have. I also was a bit into my argument that Jack Bauer was mafia in the last F-16 game he was used, and mafia would makes sense for him given F-16's logic. Strangely his role was exactly the same this time, though now he was town. So, not sure what to think about that, but he flipped inno in the end. It happens.

So I'm going to look back at the end of the DP1 thread and offer my top scum reads from the end of it. I'll also see if I can get a read on why and who in the mafia would target TA.
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:22:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age

1. This assumes I accepted your claim as the truth.
2. You might just as well be Saruman
3. You voting me for death?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:22:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:21:38 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Eh, really Drafter?

Yes, really, and you're next after Skep, so you might as well claim.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:23:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Argh I can't find all the role/character claims.

Anyone have a recent Drafterlist? (do we still call it that?)

Or let's just compile it now... fill in what I don't have please.

Airmax1227 - Toby from Labyrinth
Drafterman - ??? - Roleblocker
Khaos mage - Kahlan from the Sword of Truth series - role blocker
TUF - ??? - Miller
Buddamoose - Gandalf
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:24:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:22:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age

1. This assumes I accepted your claim as the truth.

Which you obviously did, considering you used your ability on me

2. You might just as well be Saruman

True, but in that situation, the risk of stripping gandalf far outweighs the reward of stripping Saruman

3. You voting me for death?

Right now no, I want to know why
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:25:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
and if you haven't full claimed you need to now
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:25:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I really don't like roleblocker claims. As in this case they seem to be anti-town, though obviously they can help the town in specific circumstances. Drafter RB'd Budda, but I don't really understand why... using it randomly seems to have a high probability to harm the town. Also Khaos Mage has claimed a RB. Seems like a lot of negative town potential.
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:27:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Listen, this is totally obvious and no one here should be surprised.

1. Khaos is Town. Deal with it. There is no way in seven hells that Mafia would risk anything to get me lynched. Khaos didn't just push for my lynched, but he did it by way of a CC. His reasoning was based off of that we both couldn't be Town. A mafia wouldn't make that argument to get me lynched because, if I got lynched, it would result in Khaos subsequent lynch. So, basically, the suggestion that Khaos was scum was saying that they would offer a 1:1 trade for me. Nonsense. Completely ridiculous.

2. I went after every single individual that FOS'd or voted Khaos. I demanded justification and, while you eventually and slowly peeled your votes off of Khaos, I interpret that as more of a concession that it was no longer practical, rather than you saw the error of your ways. I didn't see anyone that truly acknowledged #1.

3. I explicitly said that everyone on that lynch was in my top 5 candidacies for being scum. Simply unvoting Khaos didn't change that.

All that said, is it really that fvcking surprising that I would use my role to neutralize people I considered scummy? Really? REALLY?

That said (x2). A consequence of my role is that a Townie is randomly selected to lose their role. I targeted Budda and Sarcastic. So, if any other person had their role robbed, they are probably Town. The only exception is if they were targeted by Khaos or, perhaps, a similar Mafia-sided role. Thus, I have confirmed a Townie that can get their role back through Yraelz.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:28:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:24:15 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:22:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age

1. This assumes I accepted your claim as the truth.

Which you obviously did, considering you used your ability on me

???? Bwa? If I believed you, why would I target you?


2. You might just as well be Saruman

True, but in that situation, the risk of stripping gandalf far outweighs the reward of stripping Saruman

Since you can get your role back if you sufficiently convince Yraelz of your Townie-ness ... no.


3. You voting me for death?

Right now no, I want to know why

Because you FOS'd Khaos.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:31:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:28:23 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:24:15 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:22:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age

1. This assumes I accepted your claim as the truth.

Which you obviously did, considering you used your ability on me

???? Bwa? If I believed you, why would I target you?

The belief in question here isnt whether or not I'm gandalf(that came after the role steal) it was the belief in my age claim. Which obviously you did, Else why referece Saruman?


2. You might just as well be Saruman

True, but in that situation, the risk of stripping gandalf far outweighs the reward of stripping Saruman

Since you can get your role back if you sufficiently convince Yraelz of your Townie-ness ... no.


3. You voting me for death?

Right now no, I want to know why

Because you FOS'd Khaos.

thats an inane reason to strip my role. I was FOS'ing him before he even CC'd you, AND the reasoning to which I voted him was solid and consistent.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:33:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:27:08 PM, drafterman wrote:
Listen, this is totally obvious and no one here should be surprised.

1. Khaos is Town. Deal with it. There is no way in seven hells that Mafia would risk anything to get me lynched. Khaos didn't just push for my lynched, but he did it by way of a CC. His reasoning was based off of that we both couldn't be Town. A mafia wouldn't make that argument to get me lynched because, if I got lynched, it would result in Khaos subsequent lynch. So, basically, the suggestion that Khaos was scum was saying that they would offer a 1:1 trade for me. Nonsense. Completely ridiculous.

2. I went after every single individual that FOS'd or voted Khaos. I demanded justification and, while you eventually and slowly peeled your votes off of Khaos, I interpret that as more of a concession that it was no longer practical, rather than you saw the error of your ways. I didn't see anyone that truly acknowledged #1.

3. I explicitly said that everyone on that lynch was in my top 5 candidacies for being scum. Simply unvoting Khaos didn't change that.

All that said, is it really that fvcking surprising that I would use my role to neutralize people I considered scummy? Really? REALLY?

That said (x2). A consequence of my role is that a Townie is randomly selected to lose their role. I targeted Budda and Sarcastic. So, if any other person had their role robbed, they are probably Town. The only exception is if they were targeted by Khaos or, perhaps, a similar Mafia-sided role. Thus, I have confirmed a Townie that can get their role back through Yraelz.

Those are good points. I didn't consider that it could be used for affiliation confirmation and that Yraelz role is pretty much confirmed through yours. Though I don't know if I agree on the Khaos thing, could have just been a clever thing on his part while he made some bad FOS choices (justifying people thinking he's scummy) just hoping for one to stick. Though I don't have any particular reason to suspect that he is mafia anyway, so I'll grant your point ultimately.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:35:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:27:18 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL Trekie

I've never played with Trekie before so I don't know if my impression of scuminess from her was just a misunderstanding, and I didn't want to FOS her without valid reasons, which are still just based on a hunch which I guess you agree with. I'm going to go back and look at her posts more thoroughly, but in the meantime I agree that it's worth getting a claim from her... and then seeing if she's worth lynching.

VTL Trekie
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:36:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:31:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:28:23 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:24:15 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:22:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:20:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:19:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:18:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Fvck whoever destroyed my role. You just stripped fvcking GANDALF. Omfg, I had such a cool role too -_-

You're welcome.

Why? VTL Drafter you of all people should've made the damn connection in the age

1. This assumes I accepted your claim as the truth.

Which you obviously did, considering you used your ability on me

???? Bwa? If I believed you, why would I target you?

The belief in question here isnt whether or not I'm gandalf(that came after the role steal) it was the belief in my age claim. Which obviously you did, Else why referece Saruman?

I don't even recall your age claim. I referenced Saurman in response to your claim of Gandalf, here, today.



2. You might just as well be Saruman

True, but in that situation, the risk of stripping gandalf far outweighs the reward of stripping Saruman

Since you can get your role back if you sufficiently convince Yraelz of your Townie-ness ... no.


3. You voting me for death?

Right now no, I want to know why

Because you FOS'd Khaos.

thats an inane reason to strip my role. I was FOS'ing him before he even CC'd you, AND the reasoning to which I voted him was solid and consistent.

Which it shouldn't have been. It should have been removed the INSTANT he CC'd me unless you can answer the question why Mafia would put themselves on the chopping block to get me mislynched.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:37:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Drafter, the reason I voted Khaos was absolutely unrelated to you and happened before you claimed. How you can see this as not following your reasoning I don't see. I admit I didn't consider your point later because I was too focused on what seemed like a scum tell for me.but whatever.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:39:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:23:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Argh I can't find all the role/character claims.

Anyone have a recent Drafterlist? (do we still call it that?)

Or let's just compile it now... fill in what I don't have please.

Airmax1227 - Toby from Labyrinth
Drafterman - ??? - Roleblocker
Khaos mage - Kahlan from the Sword of Truth series - role blocker
TUF - ??? - Miller
Buddamoose - Gandalf

I claimed Jason Stiles probably like 30 times lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:40:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:36:03 PM, drafterman wrote:

Which it shouldn't have been. It should have been removed the INSTANT he CC'd me unless you can answer the question why Mafia would put themselves on the chopping block to get me mislynched.

Why is it assumed that Khoas would be automatically lynched the next DP for pushing for your successful lynch? Aren't mislynches DP1 just kinda understood? Others FOS'd you also. In this DP Khaos coulda just been like, it happens, I was wrong, and survived through the DP. It's also kind of a weak CC since, they function kind of differently from my understanding, and since as you are claiming, both of your roles being accurately claimed is likely.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:41:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:39:27 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:23:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Argh I can't find all the role/character claims.

Anyone have a recent Drafterlist? (do we still call it that?)

Or let's just compile it now... fill in what I don't have please.

Airmax1227 - Toby from Labyrinth
Drafterman - ??? - Roleblocker
Khaos mage - Kahlan from the Sword of Truth series - role blocker
TUF - Jason Stiles - Miller
Buddamoose - Gandalf

I claimed Jason Stiles probably like 30 times lol.

haha Yeah I forgot the name and Miller is good enough since no one will be CCing the character
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:41:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright, well I am not going to be very active for a little bit. I am going to be working, drilling at my unit, and sleeping pretty much non-stop until monday. I'll make minor posts on my breaks tomorrow. Don't expect much from me though (it's not as if people were listening to my anaylsis anyway. That's how the bandwagon on Johnny was built so fast.)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:44:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:37:52 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Drafter, the reason I voted Khaos was absolutely unrelated to you and happened before you claimed. How you can see this as not following your reasoning I don't see. I admit I didn't consider your point later because I was too focused on what seemed like a scum tell for me.but whatever.

This is why I chose you over Skep. Either Khaos is Town or he is not. He can't be both at the same time. So, if there is a sound argument that concludes that Khaos is town, that's it. It doesn't matter if he has done other suspicious things. He can't be Town due to my reasoning AND scum due to yours.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:45:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:40:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:36:03 PM, drafterman wrote:

Which it shouldn't have been. It should have been removed the INSTANT he CC'd me unless you can answer the question why Mafia would put themselves on the chopping block to get me mislynched.

Why is it assumed that Khoas would be automatically lynched the next DP for pushing for your successful lynch? Aren't mislynches DP1 just kinda understood? Others FOS'd you also. In this DP Khaos coulda just been like, it happens, I was wrong, and survived through the DP. It's also kind of a weak CC since, they function kind of differently from my understanding, and since as you are claiming, both of your roles being accurately claimed is likely.

Because he wasn't just FOSing me. His logic, literally, was that we both can't be Town. If his claim is that we both can't be Town, and I flip Town, then ....
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 7:50:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 7:44:35 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/8/2013 7:37:52 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Drafter, the reason I voted Khaos was absolutely unrelated to you and happened before you claimed. How you can see this as not following your reasoning I don't see. I admit I didn't consider your point later because I was too focused on what seemed like a scum tell for me.but whatever.

This is why I chose you over Skep. Either Khaos is Town or he is not. He can't be both at the same time. So, if there is a sound argument that concludes that Khaos is town, that's it. It doesn't matter if he has done other suspicious things. He can't be Town due to my reasoning AND scum due to yours.

I never implied he was both, I was just scumreading him hard. But I guess I cannot prove that I didn't want to remove the vote immediately because of my strong scumread. What's done is done.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac