Jump to topic:

Video Game Mafia DP1

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:17:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I made the DP1 OP video just to build excitement. Video games included in this video, may or may not be in the game. What I am saying is, don't take it as mod confirmation that they are.

RULES:

1. No passing the sniper to the player who passed it to you. If you pass it to that player (even if you don't know who that was), it will be randomized.
2. No Copy/Pasting your role PM anywhere.
3. You may write a 500 Character max will that will float alongside your dead body.
4. Day phases Will be 3 days long. I am giving this one a 5 hours extension due to starting it so early.
5. No messaging other players without mod Consent.
6. No talking about this game outside the game.
7. Affiliations will not show up with most bodies.
8. No insulting, beyond reasonable FOS'ing.
9. If you have questions, don't ask them publicly. I am more likely to see them in your role PM. Also answering some questions publicly may harm the integrity of the game. If I feel the question you ask is important for all players to know, I will reveal the answer in the announcement PM's.
10. Screenshots of any kind regarding any message constructed by the mod, are dis-allowed.
11. Night actions will have a 48 hours time limit. If you don't have a day action, you can send it in early if you know you can't be online to post it during the time frame.
12. If you are an inactive mafia, and aren't online when discussion are being made about night actions, if at least half of your team agree and decide on a night action for you, your actions will be made.
13. I will replace players who aren't online with 48 hours, make no attempt to post actively in the Day Phase, and who express poor conduct in the game. If you can't be online I may make an exception for you if you at least let me know in advance, though my leniance will vary on the time you let me know, how active you have been in the day phase prior to this, and whether your inactivity will effect the game.
14. Have fun!

Upon breaking any of these rules, I reserve the right to any of the following punishments depending on the severity.

1. Mod roleblock you for one night phase.
2. Permanently take away your role.
3. Replace you.
4. Mod Kill you, turing you into a 3rd party survivor.

I reserve the right to add or change rules as I please, though the liklihood of this happening will be low. Those who have played my games in the past, should know I am not too strict, and have mod killed only under the most extreme circumstances.

OP
Imagine a world where the barrier between reality and virtuality completely shatters. The bonds of imagination are broken, and some of the world bets creative storylines are free! Imagine a world where all you favorite video games are here, in one location, plot to plot, action to action.
How do they react to one another? Is there violence? Is there collaboration?
You are about to find out. Welcome, my friends, to Video Game Mafia.

It was an instant, and confusing prospect to most of the characters. Being one place, than instantly being another. Some were used to this prospect already, as they shot blue and orange globes against flat surfaces most of their lives, before dis-appearing into them, and out somewhere completely different. But even for them, not having control over that aspect was perplexing. Hundreds of random people, and other things, seemed to appear out of nowhere. All staring perplexed at one another. Some were huge and intimidating. Others looked harmless. But almost as soon as the incident began bringing everyone away from their homes, chaos ensued. Some ran away from the action. Some provoked it further.
Violence, bullets, swords, clashing, and fighting, all ensued in a mass. Some watched confused, but bemused, not affiliated. Hundreds of characters from all different types of video games were dying. Protagonists, antagonists, all the like.
Then one stood, and shouted. "ENOUGH!"
The voice was thunderous, and shocked every character. Everyone stopped the action to listen to the fellow wearing a green tunic, wielding a mastersword branded with three triangles.
"Why must we fight? We should be seeking peace with one another to solve this dilemma! None of us know where we are, or who we each other are. But we must work together, and fight as one to solve this. There is no reason for us to continue our quarrel!"
Some whooped, cheered, and nodded, at the prospect of non-violence. Others shook their head in dis-agreement.
Then one mechanical configuration spoke in a female robot voice. "We must test. Such magnificent specimens you are all. Would any of you like some cake?"
Another spoke "Why shouldn"t we fight? You Demons are responsible for my being here! Kill the Heretic!"
And another "Yeah! I used to be peaceful, but then I took an arrow to the knee! Let"s slaughter this being!"
One responded "I am sworn to carry your burdens."
The green tunic man just shook his head in dis-belief as his fairy whispered in his ear.
Finally he spoke. "Let us vote than! Who will follow me in my endeavor pursuing peace?!"
There was a massive cry of joy and cheering as they masses raised their swords, battle rifles, Buzzing chainsaw guns, and footballs.

"And who supports the cause for violence, fighting, and more death?"
Another roar went out, though there was quite a considerable difference in the cheer. It was much quiter, and seemed pathetic in comparison to the previous cry.
"It is decided, then! We video games choose peace! Those who oppose the cause of peace, and kill further, will be smitten down by the masses! I have spoken!"
Cheering, applause, and retribution ensued.

------------------

LATER

As song drink and dance ensued, a small group formed outside the masses.
"Who are they to destroy my Kill Death Ratio? I was on a winning streak. 3 more kills and I would have had a care package! Those noobs"." Said an invisible figure. To the others realization, he wasn"t actually invisible, he was just in the prone position. They stared in confusion as the person squatted, and stood up several times over the slaughtered body of a video game character.

"Yeah" Um can you stop doing that? Err, yes thankyou. Now-" The assassin was cut off by a wild eye drunk squirrel.
"Hey I"ll call der um shots round here boys! Here"s da plan, we fling poop at em! Then we-" But he fell off the rock he was standing on and passed out before he could finish.
One pondered. "Well how should we do this with without being swarmed by the masses? I used to slay all matters of men publicly, but that was before I took an-"

"Yes, we get it. Before you took an arrow to the knee. Please shut up!" The assassin said glaring angrily.

Then one standing back listening to the conversation spoke up.

"I have an idea. See this sniper rifle? This is pure, raw power. Put it in anyone"s hands, and the urge to fire it will be irresistible. Let"s give it to one of those goody goods. See how long they can go before firing it. Maybe we can cause some pandemonium again, just like we want. Then one by one, they will all be dead!"

The characters all laughed maniacally at the prospect. And so it was. As the character feasted, and be-friended each other, the malicious ones lurked, awaiting their chance.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. OreEle
2. TheAntidoter
3. Drafter
4. Skeps
5. maruader
6. F-16
7. FourTrouble
8. Smithereens
9. Airmax
10. Johnny
11. Frack
12. OBerHerr
13. Medic
14. bossy
15. Kaos
16. Budda
17. SarcasticIndeed

With 17 players, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
Let the madness begn!

This Day Phase ends in 77 Hours.

AKA: June 14th 11:18 AM Central time (DDO time)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:25:13 AM
My game predictions:

1. OreEle -Scum
2. TheAntidoter -Scum
3. Drafter -Scum
4. Skeps -Scum
5. maruader -Scum
6. F-16 -Town
7. FourTrouble -Town
8. Smithereens -Town
9. Airmax -Town
10. Johnny -Town
11. Frack -Town
12. OBerHerr -Town
13. Medic -Town
14. bossy -Town
15. Kaos -Town
16. Budda -Town
17. SarcasticIndeed -Town

Curious to see my accuracy at the end of the game. Now, onto business. VTL Ore-Ele. And goodnight.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:32:28 AM
Wait, you say you reserve the right to punish anyone who breaks a rule, but lets say we catch a scum and decide to watch him in the night as opposed to lynch. He breaks rule 14 since he isn't having fun and thus you mod-rb him for that night phase. Harsh.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:47:03 AM
At 6/11/2013 6:32:28 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Wait, you say you reserve the right to punish anyone who breaks a rule, but lets say we catch a scum and decide to watch him in the night as opposed to lynch. He breaks rule 14 since he isn't having fun and thus you mod-rb him for that night phase. Harsh.

Lol. Smart @ss.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:42:26 AM
The crappiest video game

Smithereens-1/9- Drafterman
OreEle- 1/9- Sarcastic
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:43:03 AM
At 6/11/2013 7:42:26 AM, TUF wrote:
The crappiest video game

OreEle- 1/9- Sarcastic

Smith's vote doesn't count?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:44:33 AM
The crappiest video game

OreEle- 2/9- Sarcastic, smithereens
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:32:29 AM
Chell- Portal
Link- Zelda
GLaDOS- Portal
Guard- Skyrim
Lydia- Skyrim
Navi- Zelda
Conker- Conker's Bad Fur Day
Chainsaw guns- Gears of War?
Assassin- Assassin's Creed?

Vote To Lynch Smithereens
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:41:23 AM
At 6/11/2013 8:32:29 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Chell- Portal
Link- Zelda
GLaDOS- Portal
Guard- Skyrim
Lydia- Skyrim
Navi- Zelda

Where was Chell shown?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:47:28 AM
At 6/11/2013 8:41:23 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 6/11/2013 8:32:29 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Chell- Portal
Link- Zelda
GLaDOS- Portal
Guard- Skyrim
Lydia- Skyrim
Navi- Zelda

Where was Chell shown?

"Being one place, than instantly being another. Some were used to this prospect already, as they shot blue and orange globes against flat surfaces most of their lives, before dis-appearing into them, and out somewhere completely different."
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:14:04 AM
At 6/11/2013 6:25:13 AM, Smithereens wrote:
My game predictions:

1. OreEle -Scum
2. TheAntidoter -Scum
3. Drafter -Scum
4. Skeps -Scum
5. maruader -Scum
6. F-16 -Town
7. FourTrouble -Town
8. Smithereens -Town
9. Airmax -Town
10. Johnny -Town
11. Frack -Town
12. OBerHerr -Town
13. Medic -Town
14. bossy -Town
15. Kaos -Town
16. Budda -Town

Curious to see my accuracy at the end of the game. Now, onto business. VTL Ore-Ele. And goodnight.

That must be one complex algorithm you used to get that, lol. I'll be more than happy to character reveal. However, it comes with the stipulation that you do so as well. I don't like people pushing for others to reveal when they themselves won't.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:17:01 AM
In a way to try to tie everyone done (namely the mafia), we can have everyone claim if their game was shown in the opening video. If memory services correctly, that worked well for the Meme game that Mongeese did a long time ago.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:32:02 AM
The crappiest video game

Smithereens-2/9- Drafterman, bossy
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:36:57 AM
At 6/11/2013 9:17:01 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
In a way to try to tie everyone done (namely the mafia), we can have everyone claim if their game was shown in the opening video. If memory services correctly, that worked well for the Meme game that Mongeese did a long time ago.

What if we don't know the games, or whether ours was included?? Plus, TUF said the video isn't an indicator of the games being in this game.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:54:43 AM
At 6/11/2013 6:25:13 AM, Smithereens wrote:
My game predictions:

1. OreEle -Scum
2. TheAntidoter -Scum
3. Drafter -Scum
4. Skeps -Scum
5. maruader -Scum
6. F-16 -Town
7. FourTrouble -Town
8. Smithereens -Town
9. Airmax -Town
10. Johnny -Town
11. Frack -Town
12. OBerHerr -Town
13. Medic -Town
14. bossy -Town
15. Kaos -Town
16. Budda -Town

> No TP. inb4 Smithy is TP.

vtl Smith
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:10:30 AM
The crappiest video game

Smithereens-3/9- Drafterman, bossy, frack
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:57:28 AM
Name that qoute:

"Go, go, go! The Core ain't payin' us by the hour!"

"Politicians are the weeds of the galaxy."

"It's true what they say. The grass is always greener, and you really don't know what it is you have, until it's gone... gone... gone."

"You're like free pizza at an anime convention. She can smell you... and she wants to consume you."

"It's a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same. Roseburrow learned that lesson all to well."
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:08:16 PM
I win with the town.

VTL Smitherrens for pressure.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:13:20 PM
The crappiest video game

Smithereens-5/9- Drafterman, bossy, frack, F-16, TA
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:43:15 PM
At 6/11/2013 10:36:57 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 6/11/2013 9:17:01 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

What if we don't know the games, or whether ours was included?? Plus, TUF said the video isn't an indicator of the games being in this game.

Well the "not all included" doesn't really matter as that was the same with the meme mafia. Though that does make sense that some may not be familiar with their particular game, and probably unlikely that they'd be able to pick out a single cut scene.

However, it would be beneficial to lock people done to some kind of claim. That will hamper the mafias ability to fake claim.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:35:28 PM
I know I am an easy mislynch with my gameplay, but please don't vote on me unless you are serious. I have every reason to believe I may be miller, but I am simply a hated townie, and given my game, one vote may kill me.

I am Shaq-fu. One of the worst, most hated games in history.
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:02:56 PM
The crappiest video game

Smithereens-6/9- Drafterman, bossy, frack, F-16, TA, FT