Doctor Who Mafia Endgame

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:25:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Roles/Characters:

Drafter- You are the Midnight Entity. No one knows what you truly look like. You seem to act only through someone's body and you seek control over the actions and thoughts of others. Your frightening process of control covers three steps, each available to you as a 1x role. First you perfectly copy your target, giving you a 1x role-copy. Next you stop them from being able to speak or move freely, giving you a 1x roleblock. Lastly you force them to speak and do as you do, giving you a 1x redirect. There is no specific order you must use these abilities in. You win with the mafia.

Maikuru(2)- Cybertron(1)- You are the Master. Little did the Doctor know that you were hiding in plain sight, as the British Prime Minister Harold Saxon. You are the GF and are immune to investigation. You also have the final say on the mafia NK. You win with the mafia.

F-53939 (Royal1)- You are Madame Vastra. Formerly a great Silurian warrior and fiercely protective of your friends, you will not hesitate to use lethal force if necessary. You are the vig and may choose one person each Np to kill. You win with the town.

Frack- You are Martha Jones. You're almost a doctor but not quite. As such you are the bodyguard. You may target one person each Np for protection. Due to your inexperience though your protection will only have a 50/50 shot of going through. You win with the Town.

USM- You are the Meta-crisis Doctor. Born out of the regenerative energies of the doctor's severed hand and the touch of Donna Noble, you are neither human nor Time Lord. You did not hesitate to commit genocide against the Daleks out of anger, ignoring completely the Doctor's pleas to stop. As such, the Doctor could not trust you and sealed you off in a parallel universe with Rose. You are in some sense good, just bitter and vengeful. You are the miller and show up guilty upon investigation. You win with the town.

Maikuru(1)- The Doctor- 2x self-protect; 1x LD, 1x cop, 1x role-cop- town
Skepti(2) (Marauder1)- Madame Kavoria- wins by forcing River to kill the Doctor- third party
Budda- Jack Harkness- vanilla- town
TUF- Wildred Mott- watcher- town
Sarcastic- River Song- vanilla (2X could be forced to shoot the Doctor)- town
Tvellalott- Vashta Nerada- ninja- mafia
Skepti(1)- Rose Tyler- 1x doc and vig after looking into the TARDIS- town

Night actions:

Np1: Frack docs Royal1 (F-4939)
Maikuru(1) LD's USM and self-protects
TUF watches Drafter
Skepti(1) looks into the TARDIS to active 1x doc and vig abilities
Royal waives
Tv kills Skepti
Drafter roleblocks Budda
Marauder waives

Np2: Frack docs F-539 (Royal1)
Maikuru(1) role cops Sarcastic and self-protects
Skepti(2) (Marauder1) attempts to kill the Doctor (unsuccessful)
Drafter role copies Maikuru(1)
Cyber kills TUF
F-04893 (Royal1) kills Sarcastic

Np3: Frack docs self
F-4992 atempts to kill Drafter (redirected to Maikuru1)
Drafter redirects F-0493 to Maikuru(1)
Cyber kills Skep
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:29:38 PM
I was town's biggest nightmare in this game...as fvcking Dr. Who lol. I ld'd USM (which became worthless once people bought drafter's claim), I role copped Sarcastic (who died that night), and I led the lynch switch from cyber (scum) to budda (town).

When's the next beginner series starting again? lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:30:12 PM
It's only fitting I switched over to mafia after I died to finish town off lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:34:05 PM
Couple things I think were helpful to mafia:

1. I had me and cyber's claims already when the game started. Character and role. I was a bit nervous with mine, claiming a one-off character, but couldn't really think of anything else. I initially had more to the role (I was to become a full-time BG after using my 1x piercing cop, but after Skep claimed BG (and I didn't know he was faking) I felt I couldn't use that).

2. I bread crumbed my role to make it more believable when I claimed. This just goes to show that bread crumbing isn't necessarily pro-town.

3. I encouraged Cyber to continue to claim vanilla (nothing really else he could role claim with that character) and guided him in claiming vanilla without CCing Sarcastic.

4. Once Budda also claimed Vanilla I knew cyber was dead and had to push for his lynch.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:34:09 PM
Sorry, Budda. My reads were off. You were right about Cyber. I will duly sign up for the next beginner game modded by drafterman as a noob (although I am hoping it won't start until the current games end).

Maikuru, don't blame yourself too much. I was persuaded to switch from Cyber to Budda so it is my fault as well.

You played well as scum.

I think town missed a few chances. DP1 was wasted as was Royal's vig NP1 where she forfeited.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:38:03 PM
I deliberately played against my two major scum tells (passivity and avoiding pressuring my scum partners) in this game.

I think this game had an interesting balance. There were plenty of missed opportunities due to assumptions regarding the roles Town had.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:39:00 PM
Lol you don't have to sign up for a Beginner's Series, I was just steamed over being mislynched over what was 100% WIfOM
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:39:22 PM
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, F-16. What Frack did was suspicious, and a boon to us. I think we could have still won even with a cyber lynch, but that certainly helped things out.

My statement regarding trusting your initial gut read, I think, is a true one.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:40:07 PM
At 6/12/2013 2:39:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Lol you don't have to sign up for a Beginner's Series, I was just steamed over being mislynched over what was 100% WIfOM

You were dead anyway. I would have redirected F-16 to you that night, if cyber was lynched.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:40:20 PM
At 6/12/2013 2:38:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
I deliberately played against my two major scum tells (passivity and avoiding pressuring my scum partners) in this game.

I think this game had an interesting balance. There were plenty of missed opportunities due to assumptions regarding the roles Town had.

I think your behavior was very pro-town. It was your role claim that made it obvious you were mafia. Your attempted bus of Cyber made him look innocent securing a win.

Good play overall. I wish USM just hammered. I wonder what would have happened next if that were the case.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:42:21 PM
At 6/12/2013 2:40:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 6/12/2013 2:38:03 PM, drafterman wrote:

I think your behavior was very pro-town. It was your role claim that made it obvious you were mafia. Your attempted bus of Cyber made him look innocent securing a win.

Good play overall. I wish USM just hammered. I wonder what would have happened next if that were the case.

That depends on what you would have done (waive or shoot).

It was: You, me, USM, Frack and Maikuru. If I was lynched I would recommended NKing USM, making the next phase: Frack, Maikuru and You. I think could have been easily convinced to lynch Frack.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:47:17 PM
That's true. I'd have paused a bit and wondered why I was left alive as opposed to Frack and let Maikuru and Frack make their cases. Frack has no persuasive ability so I probably would have ended up lynching him anyways.

This is the second time I've been endgamed in two consecutive games mostly because of being open to persuasion.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:51:09 PM
Overall, this was an enjoyable game. It wasn't too complex, the roles were pretty straightforward. I would have appreciated a more active mafia, but still a good experience.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 2:53:18 PM
At 6/12/2013 2:40:07 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/12/2013 2:39:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

You were dead anyway. I would have redirected F-16 to you that night, if cyber was lynched.

Meh, I hate being mislynched, dont mind being mis-vig'd
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:04:05 PM
The interesting thing is drafter, if you had succeeded in bussing Cyber, I don't know how you would have won. Let's say you got Budda killed.

That would leave you, me, USM, Skep, Frack. We lynch Frack. I'd vig you. If we lynch you, town would have won.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:06:16 PM
If I waived, that would have left you, me, Skep or you, USM, Skep. It was mod-confirmed that Skep was at worst third party based on SI's role. I doubt he would have been lynched in 3P LYLO.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:20:28 PM
At 6/12/2013 3:04:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
The interesting thing is drafter, if you had succeeded in bussing Cyber, I don't know how you would have won. Let's say you got Budda killed.

That would leave you, me, USM, Skep, Frack. We lynch Frack. I'd vig you. If we lynch you, town would have won.

I don't understand why you would have Vigged me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:21:59 PM
At 6/12/2013 3:20:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/12/2013 3:04:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I don't understand why you would have Vigged me.

There was no other possibility. Who else could I have vigged if Frack showed up inno? I'd know that vigging Skep would lose us the game. At best I'd have waived.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:26:47 PM
Yeah, I guess had my reasoning determined prior to Skep claiming TP. I was hoping either A) Skep would still be a good person to target as mafia; or B) I could try and convince people you were SK.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 4:50:44 PM
At 6/12/2013 2:45:07 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'd like to hear Noumena's thoughts about how he felt this game went.

Too much inactivity plus you arses had no concept of the theme. The latter shouldn't have been that annoying but I seem to remember F-4838 being rather confused when Maikuru(1) claimed he was the Doctor and the JOAT.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 6:07:47 PM
I was so close to victory that I could taste it... >.>
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -