The Economy 2 - Year 1, Season 1

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:29:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Year 1, Season 1, Day 1

It's no utopia but things seem peaceful in the valley of Deedeo. The trees are full of flowers, the breeze is gentle and cool. While the future ever remains entirely beyond our site.

Players

1. TheAntidoter
2. Drafterman
3. Nur-Ab-Sal
4. Buddamoose
5. daytonanerd
6. wallstreetatheist
7. LogicalMaddog
8. Smithereens
9. Stephan_Hawking
10. Noumena

RULES

The last game concerned itself with lots, crops, plants, ore, resources and satisfaction. This time, things are simplified. Ore is the foundation of the game. It will take on the uses of crops and plants, as well as retain it's old uses. Satisfaction is being entirely cut from the game. It was put in as a way of gauging how well off you are. Now, it will simply be a matter of recognizing the apparent, without giving it a number. So don't simply act out of necessity. That's isn't how it worked in the last game. Do whatever you would really want to do in real life. Try to make your living situation comfortable.

You must eat ore to survive. I will not release any official rules on how much you can or need to eat. You, largely, will need to develop a hit and miss strategy when it comes to the different uses of ore. You can use ore to create more ore by planting it in the ground. It will take time to grow. Ore can be any plant you desire that exists in the real world. You will need to say what plant you are planting. Whatever uses the plant really has, you will be able to use it for in the game. Ore is used to build things. Absolutely anything. However, all advanced things must first have their parts created individually and then assembled. Creating machines, for example, will require springs, axles and other things. Ore can be instantly turned into simple materials, such as stone. It can also be turned into simple metals and glass. However, this requires other pre-invented tools to be able to handle. Advanced materials, such as steel or gunpowder, must have their ingredients invented first. The amount of ore you have will relate to the quantity of stuff you can create, as well as the difficulty of creating it. In the last game, if you used ore to try build something and didn't have enough, it failed and you lost all that ore for nothing. This time you will be able to keep it and try again.

Lots are how much land you have. You may only plant one ore for every lot you have. Most players start off with lots, and it's a given that they also have a home there. But the people with no lots are completely homeless. If they obtain lots, they still need to build or obtain a house. Buildings don't interfere with growing plants. They sort of "float in the air". Animals don't interfere either. We can also assume that everyone has cloths to wear. Homeless people have one pair.

All official actions must be submitted to me in your game PM. This thread is for working things out with other players. You can make deals here but all parties involved must make the agreement specifically clear to me in ea PM, whether it be your personal PMs or in a group PM. You may create any number of additional group PMs related to the game, as long as I am included. But please keep from making too many unnecessarily.

There are 12 hours in a day. You use hours to tell me and others how you are spending the time in your day. This is relevant to how much you can produce or how much work you can do, as well as where you will be at certain times. Employers will likely pay you per hour. There are 5 days in a season. 3 seasons in a year. Days are arbitrarily determined by me and are not literal. I process happenings during a day. I make a new thread each season. I may declare night phases inbetween stopping one day and starting a new thread. Night phase means the game is paused, no one may post. Sleep will be assumed between day phases. You don't need to allocate hours towards sleeping.

There is a government. After all, it's possible to attack other players. The presidential election begins right now. A term lasts for one year. The president has the power to hire/fire police and to secretly station them in public areas to guard. Or in private areas with the owner's consent. The president may announce a public referendum, for everyone to vote on declaring a new law. The only orders police may be given are to protect people and property or to uphold law by referendum. However, police are players and can act on their own accord, despite any consequences. People convicted of harm may be placed in jail for as long as one season. The president also has complete control of printing money. This is for public finances and for exchanging it with the people's ore to keep it in safe vaults. Also, the president is the only person who can initially issue fire to anyone. Fire can be shared infinitely from that point, through those people who it has been initially issued to.

That's basically it. Remember, I am Fate. Which means I won't sit idly by and let the game go on. I am an active participant and will do whatever I feel like. This may include sudden storms or plagues. Sometimes I will treat people equally. And sometimes I won't. I can strike you with lightening if I don't like the way you're playing.

Player Stats

Last game had stats picked based on debate wins. This time, it's random. Also, keep in mind that everything you own will be made publicly visible. I have stated where people work to start off with. You are free to change this.

TheAntidoter
Lots: 10
Ore: 50
Works for: The government, as a police officer.
Has working: N/A
Notes: In possession of a government sword and shield made of iron.

Drafterman
Lots: 5
Ore: 10
Works for: N/A
Notes: Owns 5 pear trees.

Nur-Ab-Sal

Daytonanerd
Lots: 5
Ore: 10
Works for: Logicalmaddog, on his ranch.
Notes: Owns a wooden shield.

wallstreetatheist

Logicalmaddog
Lots: 20 + 20
Ore: 200
Has working: Daytonanerd, on his ranch.
Notes: Owns a 20 lot property with 20 tall maple trees, a barn, a cow, 5 chickens and 2 roosters.

Smithereens
Lots: 20 + 20
Ore: 200
Has working: Stephan_Hawking, on his ranch.
Notes: Owns a 20 lot property with a barn, 5 cows, 2 bulls, 20 chickens and 20 apple trees.

Stephan_Hawking
Lots: 0
Ore: 5
Works for: Smithereens, on his ranch.
Notes: Owns a pregnant cat.

Noumena
Lots: 0
Ore 5
Notes: Owns a small clay knife.

Map

This game is extra exciting because, instead of being entirely imaginary, there are actual property lines. The bold black borders count as public roads.

http://oi40.tinypic.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:35:26 AM
I just realized NAS never confirmed. Anyone can replace him. And that's still only 9 players. I'll add a 10th person as another hobo.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:38:25 AM
At 6/14/2013 4:35:26 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I just realized NAS never confirmed. Anyone can replace him. And that's still only 9 players. I'll add a 10th person as another hobo.

And I accidentally included Buddamoose on the list, who never confirmed either.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:41:41 AM
Actually, WSA never confirmed either. I totally messed that part up.

In need of replacements.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 6:42:04 AM
plant 50 ore as grain. Harvest 5 trees, gather 50 seeds, plant them.

Breed animals. Convert 10 ore into wooden palisades and wire and convert 1 lot into expanded animal enclosure to allow larger animal capacity.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:13:17 AM
Smith, I propose you the following trade:

I Give:
2 Pear Trees

You Give:
1 Cow
1 Hen
1 Rooster
The next bull born to your herd.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:50:59 AM
I never confinement cause you never sent me a PM goober
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:18:44 PM
At 6/14/2013 10:50:59 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I never confinement cause you never sent me a PM goober

I did too! Lol. I sent all reserves a group message.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:37:10 PM
At 6/14/2013 4:41:41 AM, FREEDO wrote:

In need of replacements.

Could I give up my current role for WSA's role?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:45:31 PM
At 6/14/2013 1:37:10 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

In need of replacements.

Lol, no.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:46:58 PM
At 6/14/2013 1:45:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/14/2013 1:37:10 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

In need of replacements.

Lol, no.

Dammit. Well then.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:47:36 PM
At 6/14/2013 10:13:17 AM, drafterman wrote:
Smith, I propose you the following trade:

I Give:
2 Pear Trees

You Give:
1 Cow
1 Hen
1 Rooster
The next bull born to your herd.

I'm going to have to revise this to:

I Give:
1 Pear Trees

You Give:
1 Hen
1 Rooster
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:52:25 PM
I nominate myself for president.

Vote Dayonanerd for president

I won't monopolize the game, or kill citizens unnecessarily. I also will prevent corruption.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:56:38 PM
At 6/14/2013 1:52:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I won't monopolize the game, or kill citizens unnecessarily. I also will prevent corruption.

Did you clear this with your boss, first?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:59:04 PM
At 6/14/2013 1:56:38 PM, drafterman wrote:

Anyone can run for president.

Although, the president won't even have the ability to arbitrarily kill people like in the last game. Unless they do it themselves. Legal consequences still apply.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:00:22 PM
At 6/14/2013 1:59:04 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/14/2013 1:56:38 PM, drafterman wrote:

Anyone can run for president.

Although, the president won't even have the ability to arbitrarily kill people like in the last game. Unless they do it themselves. Legal consequences still apply.

Who would even want to be President then?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:00:56 PM
I was being facetious. It's amusing to think of the President as having another job with a boss.

Daytona, what assurances can you give us that you won't be unduly influenced by the desires of your employer?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:09:23 PM
Noumena:

I'd be willing to rent out one of my lots to you, so you can get started. PM me if you're interested.

(P.S. Must be able to take the Scout Oath)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:15:36 PM
At 6/14/2013 2:09:23 PM, drafterman wrote:
Noumena:

I'd be willing to rent out one of my lots to you, so you can get started. PM me if you're interested.

(P.S. Must be able to take the Scout Oath)

Include me in all group PMs.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:22:04 PM
Drafter, do you have any means to plant pear trees? If so, I would be willing to trade some ore for the means to plant 3 trees.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:23:26 PM
I'm replacing nub ur sal btw. Also, I think our best bet in this game isnt to squabble and make conflict with each other, but rather to peacefully coexist and build our wealth working together.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:24:38 PM
At 6/14/2013 2:22:04 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Drafter, do you have any means to plant pear trees? If so, I would be willing to trade some ore for the means to plant 3 trees.

Each tree requires 1 lot to grow. They were originally one on a lot. I cut down 4 to make room for ore and to make some lumber. I have harvested the pears from them which I am storing in a shed.

I presume the "means to plant" more pear trees would be in the seeds. I will send you the all the pears harvested from a single pear tree for 2 ore.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:24:49 PM
At 6/14/2013 2:22:04 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Ore is all you need to plant any tree.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord