Jump to topic:

The Economy 2 - Mod Questions

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 8:02:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As this is a complex game that requires a lot of clarification, I've created this thread for any questions players want to make publicly.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 3:13:57 AM
when making more complex things, I understand that it takes more ore. By how much does this increase for what level of complexity?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:16:51 AM
Why doth thouest deign us with thy presence, O glorious lord of the juniper?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 2:32:34 AM
At 6/18/2013 3:13:57 AM, Smithereens wrote:
when making more complex things, I understand that it takes more ore. By how much does this increase for what level of complexity?

It's completely arbitrary by me. I pretty much make it up as I go along.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 3:04:46 AM
At 6/19/2013 2:53:30 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Do we need you to confirm if our crafting is successful or if our daily actions go through?

Yes but only at some point before that day phase ends. And you can change your mind about any of your actions before I post the next one.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 10:46:07 AM
Do I need shade for my penicillin spores lol?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:32:46 PM
At 6/19/2013 10:46:07 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Do I need shade for my penicillin spores lol?

They're in a cabinet in your house.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2013 7:41:42 PM
Clarification: There is no automatic mining in this game, like there was last time.

For a few reasons.
1. It didn't make any logical sense. People could endlessly pull resources out of nowhere, indefinitely and with no cost. That's not how the economy works.
2. It led to irrational hording behavior. People behaved as if the whole point of the economy was to mine more ore. And very little was ever actually accomplished with it.

A few people have expressed issue with this. I personally think this is a big improvement to the game that makes it more realistic. People are expecting everything to fall into their lap. This game requires more work on the part of the players, to figure out what they can do and then to actually go through with putting everything in order so they can accomplish it.

Someone has asked me, "what jobs are there?". That is a stupid question. Firstly, there are as many as you choose to make, as long as it makes sense with the resources you have. Secondly, I am Fate. I am the bringer and taker of life. I am not your personal consultant.

Can't say I wouldn't bring some extra good-fortune your way if you built temples to me though.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord