6/19/2013 6:37:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
MAFIA WIN
1) Ore_Ele(2) - GF, framer/lawyer
2) SarcasticIndeed - MOAT
3) yin.yang - JOAT
4) Yraelz - Enabler

Mafia Roles:

1) Ore_Ele(2) (replacing Noumena (who replacing johnnyboy54(2) (who replaced OneElephant))): You are Locke Lamora from The Lies of Locke Lamora. You are the leader of the Gentlemen Bastards. A master of disguise and deception, you appear innocent to investigation. In addition, you are the UNIVERSAL FRAMER until NP4. You can choose a player to disguise as guilty or innocent. A guilty disguise will make a player look guilty to all forms of investigation including making them appear to visit a target of your choice. An innocent disguise will make a player appear innocent to all forms of investigation including making them appear to visit a target of your choice. You win with the mafia.

2) SarcasticIndeed: You are Alduin the dragon, from Skyrim. Also, known as the God of Destruction, you have multiple abilities at your disposal:

Fire Breath: A forceful blast of fire is sent at your target delivering considerable damage and weakening your opponent. The player will not benefit from protection by other players for the rest of the game.

Frost Breath: This has the advantage of slowing enemies down allowing time for you to retreat, kill or further damage them. Target a player. If they have a role that provides them results, those results will be delayed by one night phase.

Meteor Storm: This shout is used by Alduin to summon a storm that rains meteors down from the sky. Choose a player and make them untargetable.

Unrelenting Force: The first time, this ability is used, it will temporarily stagger enemies and render them unable to use their role that night. The second time, the same enemy is targeted, it permanently disables their role.

You may use your abilities as many times as you want but only one per night. You win with the mafia.

3) Yin.yang (Maikuru + Tulle): You are a pokemon trainer from Pokemon. You have multiple pokemon at your disposal. You can call upon any of them and have them use their primary ability.

Blastoise (Hydro Cannon): You have the ability to shoot water from your cannons with enough force to punch holes in steel. If you perform the mafia night kill, it will blast through most types of protection. It cannot be roleblocked or disabled.

Rhydon (Ram): Knocks the wind out of the defending pokemon. If you perform the mafia night kill, it will ram through most types of protection. It cannot be roleblocked or disabled.

Alakazam: A pokemon with excellent memory that has the ability to remember everything that it has experienced since hatching as an Abra. Investigate a player and find out all night actions that were performed on them each NP since the start of the game.

Rayquaza: Noted for its ability to fly high in the sky. Watch a player and learn who visited them.

You may use each ability only once. Use them wisely. You win with the mafia.

4) Yraelz: Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach. You are the enabler. Your action occurs on a different time scale than most players i.e. at the beginning of the night and is immune from most other night actions. This way, the players you enable will be able to use their role that night. Each DP (before the NP starts), choose a player to enable. If their role has been affected in some way, it will now be fixed. You win with the mafia.

Mafia modnotes:
Ore_Ele only appears innocent to sane investigations.
Universal Framer works for any type of investigation, not necessarily just sane.
Roleblocks have higher priority over role disabling. So, if you are roleblocked, you cannot disable a role that night.

You are few in number but powerful compared with the town. Be aware that town has a lot of roles that can only be used within a certain DP (usually by DP3, DP4, or DP5). They also could have roles that manipulate lynches so be warned.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:37:39 PM
Night Actions

NP1 Actions
Airmax - No action
BlackVoid - Forfeit
Budda - Protects drafter, treestumped
Drafterman - Budda, Sarcastic + TA(1)
FourTrouble - Targets FourTrouble
IFLYHIGH - Recruits FT
Ore_Ele(1) - Track FT, FT visited himself
Khaos_Mage - Waived
TA(1) - Investigate Ore_ele; treestumped/dies
Skep - Learns survival skills
trekie - Investigate Budda; guilty
TUF - No action

OneE - Yin inno, yin visits FT
Sarcastic - Meteors Yraelz; treestumped
yin.yang - Piercing kill on TA
yraelz - Waived

NP2 Actions
(If you want town's actions, let me know. It is in an excel file. Don't feel like writing it all out)

Ore_Ele(2) - khaos guilty, visits Ore
Sarcastic - Meteor himself
yin.yang - Watch Yraelz, kill Ore
Yraelz - Re-instates SI

NP3 Actions
Ore_Ele(2) - Yraelz inno
Sarcastic - Rb BV, kill Skep
yin.yang - FT (all actions)
Yraelz - Enable Ore_Ele

NP4 Actions
Ore_Ele (2) - Yraelz inno
Sarcastic - treestump BV
yin.yang - strong kill FT
Yraelz - Waive
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:38:09 PM
Town Lose

1 johnnyboy54(1): You are JACK BAUER from 24. Gathering information and saving innocent lives is your top priority. You will stop at nothing, not even torture. You are the TORTURER. You may roleblock a player and torture them for information about what they did the previous night. I will tell you whether they were up to any nefarious activities. You can only do this starting NP2 and until NP4, after which you will turn into a vanilla. Be warned though about the downfalls of torturing people for information. You win with the town. - LYNCHED DP1
Modnotes: Can only roleblock active abilities
Hidden Modnotes: One of the downfalls of using torture is that the targets of torture may say anything to make it stop (in essence a paranoid cop). The first time a player is tortured, they will say one of the following:
NP2: They will admit to performing negative actions on the player that was rb'ed by the mafia. If no one was rb'd, then the person killed.
NP3: They will admit to visiting the target of the night kill.
NP4: They will admit to killing a player that died the previous night, randomly chosen.
If a target is tortured the second or third time, they will say: Enough! I give up... I am mafia. Pleeeease, make it stop!!!!
Target will be told that their action failed.

2 TheAntidoter(1): Corporate honesty. How difficult is it to get straight answers from corporations? Sometimes it seems like they make stuff up as they go along. You are the cop. Make up your own justification. Your role expires after NP3. You win with the town. - KILLED NP1
Hidden Modnote: You'd have to be incredibly naive to believe them.

3 trekie: You are Red Alert from Transformers: More than meets the eye. You are the COP. Each night, choose a player to investigate. You will be told if they are innocent or guilty. You win with the town. - LYNCHED DP2
Hiden Modnote: Paranoid cop

4 Ore_Ele(1) : You are an Auror from the Harry Potter series. Trained to catch scum, you have outstanding tracking abilities. Each night, until NP4, track a player and learn who they visited. You win with the town. - KILLED NP2

5 Skepsikyma: Kvothe from the Kingkiller Chronicle. Orphaned at a young age and forced to develop skills to survive, he learns a multitude of abilities. Each night, choose one of the following abilities to learn: Musical mastery, Storytelling, Survival skills. Once learned, I will explain how the abilities may be used. All abilities must be learned and used at least once before repeating an already used ability. Some may be useful, others useless. You win with the town. - KILLED NP3
Hidden Modnotes: Storytelling allows player to post a story in the OP. Musical mastery allows player to post a music video in the OP. Survival skills enable player to protect self for one night phase.

6 drafterman: Ender Wiggin from Ender's game. You are extensively trained in military tactics. You even devise some of your own tactics which often involve sacrificing part of your squad to win the battle. Once during the game, you may launch a Molecular Disruption Device at two players of your choice. Both of their roles will lose value and will malfunction on that night and all following nights. However, as collateral damage, a random townie will also similarly lose the utility of their role. Use it wisely. You win with the town. - LYNCHED DP4
Modnotes: It may not be applicable to some players. Some players will be told that they lost their role, others won't. It depends on their role. Roleblocks have higher priority over permanent role malfunctions.
Hidden Modnotes:
Harvey Dent will be unable to shoot. If used the same night, he is "killed," or any night after, Two Face will lose his bulletproof (he will be told so).
Gandalf the Grey will lose role. He will be told so.
God will be unable to stop lynches. He will be told so.
Rick Grimes will no longer be able to recruit to the Mason PM. If he has cop powers, he becomes insane. It doesn't stop him from gaining sane cop powers if he doesn't already have them.
Tracker will become na"ve (will not be told so)
Jack Bauer can no longer torture, but action is a lower priority that his.
Corporate honesty, Kvothe or red alert will have their actions fail.
Mafia will always be informed when their roles are tampered with so they can enable them back.

7 FourTrouble: You are GOD from the Bible. You are personified as an old man with a grey beard sitting in the clouds wearing a ring-like crown around his head. Each night until NP3, you may choose to bestow protection on any player (including yourself). If that player is lynched the following Day Phase, it will instead end in a no lynch. You may not choose yourself more than once. You win with the town. - KILLED NP4

8 BlackVoid: You will start out as Harvey Dent from The Dark Knight. If a kill is attempted on you at night, you survive and become Two-Face the following DP.

You are Harvey Dent, noted defense attorney. Motivated by justice and a hatred for corrupt cops, you take matters into your own hands. You are the TOWN VIGILANTE. Each Night Phase, choose a player to kill. You win with the town.

You are Two-Face, confused insane psychopath. Motivated by revenge, you attempt to kill those responsible for killing Rachel and leaving you disfigured. You are the self-aligned DAYTIME SERIAL KILLER. Each Day Phase, choose a player to kill. At night, you will be bulletproof. You win when you are the last player left alive.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - LYNCHED DP5

Modnotes: You will appear guilty to investigation by a sane cop starting on the night following the NK attempt that changes your affiliation. Bulletproof as is not absolute. For instance, you could be killed by a strong/piercing kill if one exists.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:38:43 PM
9 Airmax1227: You are Toby Williams from the Labyrinth. Your sister Sarah tells the goblins to take you away after finding her teddy bear in your room. Now your safety becomes a race against time as she attempts to solve a labyrinth. You are the INNOCENT BABY. If you survive till DP5, during any day phase or night phase, DP5 and after, you can PM me and ask me to confirm your affiliation in the DP. I will mod-confirm that you are town. You win with the town. - ENDGAMED

10 TheAntidoter(2): Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. As Gandalf the Grey, a powerful wizard of middle earth, you are part of the fellowship of the ring until you encounter the Balrog in the mines of Moria. You fight the Balrog while allowing your friends to escape. Each night until NP5, choose a player to protect. If they are targeted for a kill, they will remain unaffected. The would-be killer will receive an ominous message saying """YOU. CANNOT. PASS.""" If you successfully save a player from a kill, you will die. But only for one day phase. Your role PM will be hidden. You will then return to Middle Earth as Gandalf the White the following day phase because you have a task to complete: kill the scum. To help you with this task, you will be told an interesting piece of information. Initially mistaken for Saruman, you will appear guilty to investigations the next three nights after your return. You win with the town. - ENDGAMED
Modnote: If you are targeted for a kill directly, you will die for good.
Hidden Modnotes: For both the normal kill and strong kill, will only die for one day phase as Gandalf the Grey, and will always return. As Gandalf the White, you can be killed by the normal or strong kill. So, two kill attempts are necessary to destroy you. If original target is targeted by a normal or strong kill, the target will not die but the kill will the redirected to Gandalf the Gray. However, if the target is made Macho, then they will die.

11 Khaos_Mage: Kahlan Amnell from the Sword of Truth series. You are the mother confessor and have the power to confess a player causing someone to be entirely devoted to you. This allows you to find the truth. Once during the game, choose a player to confess. Their previous night action will be revealed to you. You will be told what action they performed and who they performed it on. However, confessions will destroy a person's mind. The confessed player will no longer be able to use their role starting from the night you confess them. You win with the town. - ENDGAMED
Modnote: Roleblocks take priority over your role. Your target receives a message saying "your role has been disabled."

12 TUF: You are Jason Stiles from the Writers debate between TUF and YYW. A military veteran turned fugitive, you are wanted by the police. There is an abundance of evidence suggesting your guilt. You were found at the scene of the crime. Your fingerprints, DNA, everything points to you being the murdering scum. What result do you imagine cops who investigate you will receive? You win with the town. - ENDGAMED
Hidden Modnote: Miller

13 IFLYHIGH: Rick Grimes, sheriff's deputy. In a world where zombies run rampant, you are the de-facto leader of a group of survivors. You are the Mason Recruiter. Each night, select a player to add to your Mason PM. You don't die upon recruiting scum. Don't worry though, the future is bright. You could become the actual sheriff at some point even in this zombie infested world. Your role only works till NP4. You win with the town. - ENDGAMED
Hidden Modnote: If the tracker dies, player becomes a sane cop until NP4
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:40:23 PM
Mafia are free to post their Mafia PM at their discretion.

Question? Comments? Complaints? Any feedback? I think it was well-played on the part of most players and I didn't run into any significant mod issues either. I'd like to hear what you thought of it and anything you would like me to change for my next game.

Thanks for playing everyone.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:51:36 PM
I was plagued by too much self-doubt in this game.

I got 50/50 with Sarcastic and Budda, better than average, but no body would join me in trying to lynch Sarcastic.

Yraelz had me, hook line and sinker, with his claim. Prior to that I was pushing for his lynch.

I was wrong about FT and TUF.

Oh well.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:59:13 PM
Awesome game, I loved it. It's the first time I've gone the distance as scum since my very first beginner game. Yraelz for MVP fo sho.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:59:44 PM
At 6/19/2013 6:51:36 PM, drafterman wrote:
I was plagued by too much self-doubt in this game.

I got 50/50 with Sarcastic and Budda, better than average, but no body would join me in trying to lynch Sarcastic.

Yraelz had me, hook line and sinker, with his claim. Prior to that I was pushing for his lynch.

I was wrong about FT and TUF.

Oh well.

You were totally right about how their reactions differed. Sarcastic knew Yraelz would enable him so didn't really bother saying much. Budda complained a lot about being role-stripped. It turned out that (at least from my POV), this was affiliation-dependent.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:01:00 PM
Damn!! If only people listened to me...

Good game all, especially mafia.

F-16, very messed up game, you had town so confused... I liked it.
My work here is, finally, done.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:04:28 PM
And yeah, Yraelz is definitely mafia MVP. The mafia had town so confused that some players voted for the mod. Apparently I was scummier than Yraelz, yin.yang, SI, and Ore_Ele. Oh, well... you guys did really, really well.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:06:58 PM
There were a few points that really worked in scum's favor. The fact that all the more experienced players were town seemed to take some of the attention off of us, especially in terms of night actions. Keeping them alive to create suspicion was an interesting aspect, also.

Speaking of night kills, everyone was right that we seemed to be targeting the inactives, but that was really more of a side effect of our actual intent, which was to disable potentially damaging roles. When you keep in mind all the passive roles and others ending prematurely, our kill reasoning should become more clear.
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:08:18 PM
At 6/19/2013 7:01:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Damn!! If only people listened to me...

Good game all, especially mafia.

F-16, very messed up game, you had town so confused... I liked it.

You and TA scum read Yin from the start, which we did not enjoy lol.
- lamerde

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:09:51 PM
Oh, and from the town side, BV-IFLY alliance in the Mason PM where they plotted against the mafia was town's last and best hope. Before they started doing this, town was doing really badly in the midgame. Town did open strongly though FOSsing OneE, Yraelz, Yinyang and Sarcastic. After FT left, the town somewhat disintegrated and lost direction until BV and IFLY starting fixing things. It was too late though since mafia had complete control by that point.

I felt Airmax and TA were a bit too quick to place their votes on BV. Should have heard his side of the story. I doubt it would have mattered though since TUF was going to vote BV as well.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:10:44 PM
At 6/19/2013 6:40:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Question? Comments? Complaints? Any feedback? I think it was well-played on the part of most players and I didn't run into any significant mod issues either. I'd like to hear what you thought of it and anything you would like me to change for my next game.

What outcome did you predict when designing the game?

I thought the game seemed quite balanced, especially given the small number of mafia.
- lamerde

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:17:06 PM
At 6/19/2013 7:10:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:

What outcome did you predict when designing the game?

I thought the game seemed quite balanced, especially given the small number of mafia.

I don't know. I wanted town, mafia, and BlackVoid to have an equal chance of winning. When designing the game, I wanted it to be challenging for town but winnable if they outplay the mafia. I wanted mafia to be powerful but require a lot of mislynches (4-5) and put in a long term commitment to win. I also thought an SK win was plausible. I thought it was 30-30-40 with 40% chance of SK winning.

Once the roles were assigned though, with all the experienced players ended up town, I felt the town would win. Especially after FT FOSsing you guys and OneE. There were a ton of votes on OneE. If town followed through with that, they would have won.

If Yraelz was lynched DP5 instead of BlackVoid, Ore would have been lynched next and then Sarcastic. That would have left you alone at 4P MYLO. It would have been anyone's game then. I think people voted for BV way too quick.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:37:58 PM
At 6/19/2013 7:29:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
BV, were you hoping to become TP?

Entering into DP5, I could only imagine he wanted to. It would have been his best chance for a win.
My work here is, finally, done.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:58:51 PM
At 6/5/2013 6:20:44 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Town

-Airmax(Right)
-Fourtrouble(Right)
-Blackvoid(Right)
-Sarcastic(Wrong)
-Drafter(Right)
-Buddamoose
-TUF(Right)
-Johnny(Right)
-Skepsikyma(Right)

Null

-IFLY
-Ishy
-Trekie
-Lucky

^^no scum in group

Scum

-Yin_Yang(Right)
-Yraelz(Right)
-OneE(Right)
-Khaos(Wrong)

85% read accuracy DP1, only 6 pages in. Mmmmm, yeah
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:02:48 PM
This game started so well, ended so bad. I pretty much had 3/4 the mafia down on D1 (all Yraelz), and later told F-16 in a PM it was Yin/Yraelz. It wasn't nearly as hard to figure out as people might think.

Yin was not only counter-claimed by Skep, but his behavior was as scummy as it gets. I pointed out one of the biggest scum-tells ever from D1 -- committed by tulle -- and basically ignored by every player in the game. When Yraelz voted for IFLY instead of Yin, that basically gave him away, along with his mafia-sided role and his terrible push on BV, I honestly don't know how the mafia got away with this game. I dunno what this town was thinking lynching BV, he was literally the ONLY person making any sense whatsoever on D5. I literally could not believe my eyes as he got lynched. His analysis on D5 was as town as it gets. You don't ignore sh!t like that. His analysis was thoughtful. Yraelz's wasn't.

I can't fault all the townies, I was just as terrible, totally uninvolved after D1. I barely read any of the game, and even forgot to submit my night-action for N3. I was glad to see I was night-killed, but then when I saw the town voting for BV, I just could not believe what was happening. That was quite tragic.

Oh well, lots of good scum-tells to pick up on in this game. It also is a great example of how behavioral analysis would have been the only way for town to win this game -- Ore got extremely lucky being fake-confirmed by drafter's role -- but in terms of behavior, 1E and all of his replacements were extremely scummy and deserving of lynching.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:07:29 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:00:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Read accuracy from flakers doesn't count.

Meh, so you say. I honestly have been annoyed with playing mafia as of late. Spectating was fun, solely out of the entertainment of seeing how lost so many people were. But when I had already been vanilla before an umpteen amount of times, and I finally get a cool role, and it gets stripped, I just got so pissed.

Combine that with me being mislynched in Doctor Who mafia over utter BS, and I just had no desire to play mafia, and still am unsure if I even want to participate in Drafters game. I'm Weighing the decision currently...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:09:52 PM

I'm fine with this if some of the town players are interested in thought processes. We did have some funny strategies that we never employed.

I think your game destroyed role analysis which necessitated behavioral analysis. Personally I believe that that is a better way to do things and so enjoyed the variance. At first I thought the mafia was really under-powered in this game (considering the many mislynches requires) but I think the friendly fire from town really balanced things out.

Thanks for creating.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:12:28 PM
F-16, you modded naval warfare, right? You mod all the flawless victories.
- lamerde

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:14:18 PM
God, and me and Ifly had just agreed in the mason PM that Yraelz, Sarcastic, Ore, and Yin were the most logical scum team. If only I had gotten back in time to make the case against Yraelz.

It really sucks that we didn't lynch Yraelz on DP3. I guess its also partially my fault for not pushing it enough past the initial argument.

Now I'm really ticked at TA for being a complete sheep and just bandwagoning on my freakin' lynch which ultimately lead to my death. I didn't like Airmax's vote either, but TA's play was ridiculous. Ugh....

At least the game was enjoyable.