Jump to topic:

The Economy 2 - Year 1, Season 1, Day 2

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 4:07:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sorry for such a long wait. There were a lot of delays. Hopefully, things will go faster now as people are better acquainted with the game.

Day1: http://www.debate.org...
Questions: http://www.debate.org...

Year 1, Season 1, Day 2

Drafterman was elected president.

Noumena died of AIDS.

Daytonanerd was taken into custody yesterday on charges of the attempted murder of Smithereens. He attacked Smithereens with a clay knife but was stopped in the act by nearby Officer Lannan.

Smithereens then mysteriously vanished directly afterward and left this short note:
"It pains me to say that I am gone, and likely won't be back. All the things I owned are now property of buddamoose. Keep your children safe at night and remember to avoid eating strange mushrooms. This was Benjamin Smith."

In other news, people planted trees, built a few things and attempted to form contracts, n' stuff.

Players

1. TheAntidoter
2. Drafterman
3. Buddamoose
4. daytonanerd
5. lannan
6. LogicalMaddog
7. Stephan_Hawking

Player Stats

TheAntidoter
Lots: 10 (5 used)
Ore: 12
Works for: The government, as a police officer.
Has working: N/A
Notes: In possession of a government sword and shield made of iron. Growing 5 Penicillium fungi and 5 strawberry plants.

Drafterman
Lots: 5 (5 used)
Ore: 29
Works for: The People
Has working: TheAntidoter, Buddamoose and Lannan, as police officers.
Notes: Owns a pear tree, an axe, a shed and a fence. Growing 1 hemp, 1 pine tree and 2 edamame.

Buddamoose
Lots: 10 + 20 + 20 (30 used)
Ore: 237
Notes: In possession of a government sword and shield made of iron. Growing 8 timber and 2 edamame. Has a barn, 5 cows, 2 bulls, 20 chickens and 20 apple trees.

Daytonanerd
Lots: 5 (5 used)
Ore: 4
Works for: N/A
Notes: Owns a wooden shield. Growing 2 rice plants, 2 apple trees and 1 banana tree. Sitting in jail.

Lannan
Lots: 10 (7 used)
Ore: 30
Notes: In possession of a government sword and shield made of iron. Growing 3 wheat, 3 corn and 4 apple. Has a wall around property and 6 stone traps.

Logicalmaddog
Lots: 20 + 20 (40 used)
Ore: 177
Notes: Owns a 20 lot property with 20 tall maple trees, a barn, a cow, 5 chickens and 2 roosters. Growing 20 apple.

Stephan_Hawking
Lots: 0
Ore: 0
Notes: Owns a pregnant cat named Lord Flashheart, Flash by name, flash by nature.

Map Update

http://oi41.tinypic.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 4:10:28 AM
Note:
In the past game, if there was mod error on the stats, you had to deal with it. For this game, you will only deal with it for one day. Bring the error to my attention and I will fix it for the next day. However, implications arising out of not having it for a day will not be fixed.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 7:00:17 AM
Referendum: Y01-S01-D01-1
Title: Order of Government

Article 1: This referendum establishes the office of the Prime Minister.

Article 2: The term of the Prime Minister
Section 1: The first Prime Minister shall be the current president upon ratification of this referendum.
Section 2: The term of the Prime Minister shall be no less than 1 full (game) days and no more than 2 full (Game) days.
Section 3: At the end of the term, the next Prime Minister is chosen automatically, based upon the order of game players established by Fate.

Article 3: The powers of the Prime Minister
Section 1: The Prime Minister is authorized to work through the President to enforce the following powers:
a) Station police in public areas;
b) Station police in private areas (with consent of owner);
c) Issue public referendums;
d) Issue orders to police:
i. Protect People;
ii. Protect Property;
iii. Uphold laws and referendums
Section 2: The President retains sole authority over the following powers:
a) Hire and fire police;
b) Print money;
c) Issue fire;
Section 3: The President must refain from independently exercising powers reserved for the Prime Minister excepting the following circumstances:
a) There is currently no Prime Minister;
b) The President issues a Writ of Emergency;
c) In response to an imminent and severe threat to life and property;
Section 4: The Writ of Emergency is a special referrendum the President is retains the authority to submit that allows the president to perform actions otherwise reserved to the Prime Minister and requires a two-thirds majority to pass.
Section 5: It is an impeachable offense for the President to exercise powers reserved for the Prime Minister outside the provided exceptions.

Article 4: Removal of a Prime Minister
Section 1: At any time, any citizen may call for a Vote of No Confidence to end the term of the current Prime Minister;
Section 2: The Vote of No Confidence requires two-thirds majority to pass;
Section 3: When passed, the term of the Prime Minister immediately ends and the next Prime Minister in the order of succession begins (as defined in Article 2, Section 3).

Article 5: Ineligible Prime Ministers
Section 1: No citizen may be eligible for Prime Minister if:
a) They have been impeached while President;
b) They have been removed from the office of Prime Minister by Vote of No Confidence more than two times;
c) They have been found guilty of a felony (or this game's equivalent);
d) They are currently:
i. Incarcerated;
ii. On criminal probation;
iii. or otherwise fulfilling the sentence as the result of a criminal offense;
Section 2: Ineligible citizens will be skipped in the selection of Prime Ministers, as if they were not in the order of game players established by Fate.
Section 3: Ineligible citizens may be pardoned via referendum.
a) The list of criteria that would make a citizen ineligible do not count for Pardoned so long as that criteria occurred, in its completion, prior to the ratification of the Pardon;
b) Criteria that would make a citizen ineligible for Prime Minster that occur, even in part; after the ratification of a Pardon automatically abolishes any Pardons currently issued for them, and renders them ineligible to be Prime Minister until a new Pardon is ratified.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 10:20:25 AM
At 6/25/2013 7:01:08 AM, drafterman wrote:
I hereby am requesting volunteers to act as judge in the case of daytona.

I'll do it...

Also, I'm looking to hire a a worker. Benefits include:

1) A fair wage of 10 ore a day or 10% of all resources collected. Workers choice

2) Once we get TA's hospital up and running, I will cover any medical expenses.

3)!Will be given a tract of 5 land with which to build shelter, grow food, start up a business, whatever one really wants to do with it.

4) Will have access to equipment and tools required to perform these tasks, as well as access i shops such as the blacksmith, foundry, etc.
Job tasks will include but are not limited to:

A) Mining Ore
B) Cutting Timber
C) Planting and Harvesting crops
D) Construction
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 10:21:19 AM
oh and a bonus of plots of land, is negotiable.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 10:23:06 AM
At 6/25/2013 7:00:17 AM, drafterman wrote:
Referendum: Y01-S01-D02-1
Title: Order of Government

I vote yay on this resolution.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 10:26:46 AM
I vote yay as well
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 12:22:22 PM
I vote yay on this resolution.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 12:24:07 PM
I purpose this constitution, but since we don't have a name I just left in the name from the previous game. Feel free to change it.

Prelude: Our nation of the DUSDDO which is made up of the states of... join together to form a more perfect union inorder to increase the welfare of our citizens.

Article 1: In order for the citizens of DUSDDO to feel safe and secure the federal government must gurrientee them certain rights. The rights must include the freedom of religion, the freedom of speech, the freedom of privacy, the freedom and pursuit of happiness, and the freedom from fear.

Article 2: The National capital of the Brotherhood of DUSDDO is Ft. Chackees. This nation shall be a Capitalist nation. The national currency is the Kyro, but the dollar is allotted.

Article 3: It must take the DUSDDO a 3/5"s vote to pass a law or annex a territory. The Congress of DUSDDO has the power to declare war on another nation. The DUSDDO Congress will be unicameral which will contain the state"s governor and a senator who is from the state. Elections for a governor is every 2 elections for president, and the elections for the DUSDDO President is after every 5 laws passed. The President of DUSDDO has the right to select a DUSDDO cabnet.

Article 4: The main text of the DUSDDO Constitution shall not be changed. Only amendments may be added to the Constitution with consent from the Supreme Court and the Congress of DUSDDO.

Article 5: No laws made by the states shall interfere with any federal or the DUSDDO Constituion.

Article 6: DUSDDO shall be a Capitalist nation. The federal government shall moniter and regulate taxes, the Kyro Stock Exchange, and criminal laws. The planning of a just economic just system.

Q95;
1st Amendment
Article 1: The federal government has the right to build and maintain a military. The military members will be tax exempt after they had served in the military for at least 4 years and have not been discharged from their service branch.
Article 2: The DUSDDO citizens have the right to bear arms. The DUSDDO federal government cannot take the guns away from it"s citizens without reason, but they have the right to regulate weaponry. DUSDDO cannot tax weapons.
Article 3: Criminals can be enslaved depending on state"s law. People cannot be enslaved based on race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation.
Article 4: Everyone above the age of 10 has the right to vote. There is no barriers on voting except on weather or not the said person is imprisioned then they are not allotted the right to vote.
2nd Amendment
Article 1: The Federal government of DUSDDO is above the states to the point where when the federal government passes a law the state"s law is nullified. Local governments and the federal government cannot try to dissolve each other. The Federal government and/ or the states can"t pass ex post facto laws. States are permitted to make their own laws and constitution as long as it does not contradict the DUSDDO constitution.

Article 2: The Federal government has the right to regulate trade. Once something has traveled out of a state and is interstate then it"s a Federal responsibility. The DUSDDO federal government can post economic sanctions against other nations. States are not permitted to post sanctions against each other.

3rd Amendment
Article 1: The citizens of DUSDDO have the right to the freedom of the television and the freedom of the internet. The government shall not place cencorship on the airwaves or on the internet. The government has the right to watch the citizens of DUSDDO and track their history in order to track down possible terrorists.

Article 2: The citizens of DUSDDO have the right to peacefully assemble as long as it does not protrude other"s rights and does not distrube the peace.

4th Amendment
Article 1: DUSDDO must have a set balanced budget every 5 years and the nation must meet the spending deadline by 1 year at the minimum in as a just in case.
Article 2: The DUSDDO must not go into debt. The nation"s debt must not protrude the nation"s debt ceiling, that of which is $10,000. If the nation goes into debt than the nation must quickly get out in a 3 year time period before an automatic audit is placed on the nation to pay off the debt to get it under the Debt Ceiling.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 7:15:56 PM
Only the president may propose referendum. Unless you vote otherwise. Which I would suggest not. It would be a mess.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Scythe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 2:59:42 AM
Enjoy all your new power Budda, don't fall for Stephen's offers, and do me the favour of enacting justice on Daytonna's attempt at my murder and his co-conspirator. It was probably Hawkins.
Decommissioned Hydra
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:16:25 AM
At 6/26/2013 2:59:42 AM, Scythe wrote:
Enjoy all your new power Budda, don't fall for Stephen's offers, and do me the favour of enacting justice on Daytonna's attempt at my murder and his co-conspirator. It was probably Hawkins.

I don't view it as "power" I view it as a means of progress. Progress that will benefit everyone not just myself.

By the way, what deal?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 12:22:34 PM
Question. Do we get house or do we have to build them?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 6:40:21 PM
At 6/27/2013 12:22:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Question. Do we get house or do we have to build them?

This has been answered in the original OP. You should go read it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 7:56:05 PM
At 6/27/2013 7:31:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No one has submitted any actions.

sorry just submitted them.

Anyways, still looking to hire one person, Hawkins? Any interest?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 2:09:33 PM
The inhabitants of Deedeo are over-run by zombie hordes and violently disemboweled to the extent that they are no longer alive and also dead. Except Daytona who starved to death in jail and Flash Gordon, the cat, who went unnoticed by the zombies.

This game has ended.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 5:31:56 PM
Sad face. :(

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 5:33:02 PM
At 7/2/2013 2:09:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The inhabitants of Deedeo are over-run by zombie hordes and violently disemboweled to the extent that they are no longer alive and also dead. Except Daytona who starved to death in jail and Flash Gordon, the cat, who went unnoticed by the zombies.

This game has ended.

YESH! I WIN! I SHURVIVED THE SHOMBIE APOCALYPSHE. I WASH THE LASHT LIVING PLAYER!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 5:46:39 PM
At 7/3/2013 2:25:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
New Zombie Apocalypse Fate starting within the next few days.

I want in.