Jump to topic:

Beneath the Shade of the Sycamore Tree DP2

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 10:01:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Timothy walked down the street, fog swirling around him. Footsteps echoing off the storefronts, it was as if he was the sole inhabitant of the town of Bright-water. Small as it was, late at night it could be hours before someone else even passed by. As he walked, unbeknownst to him another man

Timothy sat watching his son swing on the tire, the same his own father had long ago when he was his own sons age. The sun was setting on the horizon, the large sycamore casting the house in its shadow. It was nearing autumn, the air taking on a slight chill, but still not quite cold.

Suddenly a loud crack rang out, and the tire his son swung on, came crashing down. His son fell crying out in pain. Timothy ran up and immediately saw his sons leg was trapped underneath the large tire, his son unable to move it in the position he was in. Praying his sons leg wasn't broken, remembering all too well the pain of his broken leg years ago while...

He lifted the tire off his son swiftly, utilizing the strength retained from all his years with Mallory, and what that... meant. His son remained laying on the ground, his leg still in the same slightly awkward position. Timothy knelt down and examines his sons leg, and was thankful to see that there was no blood. With his basic medical knowledge he was quickly and relieved to find that his son likely didn't have any broken bones. It wasn't too long before his son was up and walking, barely limping, from a sprained ankle.

If anything his son was depressed over the tire swing breaking. He was pleading with Timothy to fix it, and finally Timothy gave in,

"Ok Junior, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, its too dark to fix it, how about you go get ready for bed, and we will fix it when you wake up in the morning?"

"Ok!" his son shouted, thankfully running off upstairs to his room. It was rare for him to give in so easy, Timothy mused, he must really care about that simple swing. He was attached to it also, he knew, that tire swing had been his, place of meditation, if you will, throughout much of his life.

Soon his son was in bed and sleeping soundly. Timothy silently crept outside, and into the barn beside the house. Within he grabbed a one of the multiple lengths of climbing rope, good for a tire swing due to its anti-fray, water and dirt resistant properties, a small spotlight, and his webbed climbing gloves.

He walked back outside, to the large sycamore, and set up the spotlight pointing upwards into the tree. With the role slung on his shoulder, he deftly began climbing the tree. He moved with such speed, having climbed up and down it so many times. Every crevasse, every ridge and bump in the wood, was etched in his memory permanently. Soon he was above the ground a considerable distance, and swung onto a large branch jutting out of the tree. He slowly made his way out to the middle of the large branch, and tied the rope to the branch, dropping the rope down to the ground, he turned back towards the base of the sycamore.

Just as he did his foot slipped, and he tumbled over off the branch. He amazingly managed to grab ahold of the branch, but barely, his hands slowly slipping, until he finally lost his grip. Falling, he curled up to somewhat protect himself from the fall. Entirely aware he would be seriously hurt, in the brieft moment before his body slammed into the ground, and his entire world became but darkness.

Dead in The Night

TheAntidoter<- JANITORED

Living Players

1. TUF
2. USM
3. Drafter
4. Skepsikyma
5. Khaos_Mage
6. BossyBurrito
7. Frackjack
8. RocketEngineer
9. HCP
10. Noumena
11. jordan
12. Daytonanerd
13. Tulle
14. RoyalPaladin

With 14 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch!
________

DP will end at 11 PM EST July 8th. Good Luck!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 12:31:35 AM
I'm Timothy, I will explain later. I'm not prepared to fully defend Trekie's DP1 behavior, but I'm not making a fake claim as town. I'll start posting tomorrow morning, I have a series of questions for three of you.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 1:10:07 AM
Yraelz has replaced Noumena
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:32:07 AM
At 7/6/2013 12:31:35 AM, Yraelz wrote:
I'm Timothy, I will explain later. I'm not prepared to fully defend Trekie's DP1 behavior, but I'm not making a fake claim as town. I'll start posting tomorrow morning, I have a series of questions for three of you.

WTF... And she had how many times to claim this? Give any character description you have, NOW.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:33:12 AM
At 7/5/2013 10:26:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
FrackJack is innocent.

Thank god that is out of the way.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 4:16:14 AM
Vtl Yraelz. One mafia down, who knows how many to go. It's hard enough to believe that trekie would have said nothing last day phase, but the fact that yraelz specificly comes in and says "I can't explain trekies behavior" is the hammer and the nail for me. I will still listen to your description, but I think I am set with a Yraelz lynch this day phase.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 4:29:54 AM
At 7/6/2013 4:25:24 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Was TA one of the Timothys?

He said he was. But he was supposed to be guarding someone who would prevent janitorialization Through living, so I am not sure how he got janitored.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 4:42:25 AM
At 7/6/2013 4:29:54 AM, TUF wrote:

He said he was. But he was supposed to be guarding someone who would prevent janitorialization Through living, so I am not sure how he got janitored.

1. He was janitored himself (via another role)
2. He was lying
3. He needed to protect himself
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 4:46:41 AM
At 7/6/2013 4:42:25 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

2. He was lying

I can literally only see three as a likely option.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 4:50:46 AM
At 7/6/2013 4:46:41 AM, TUF wrote:

2. He was lying

Why?
If Frack (and someone else?) were telling the truth about their necro-roles, they would be pointless unless one specific person died. So, why isn't it reasonable that mafia has a janitor?

And, why should we believe TA was Timothy?
Isn't that now four Timothys?
TA, TUF, USM, and Yraelz/Noumena?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 5:29:59 AM
At 7/6/2013 4:50:46 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

2. He was lying

Why?
If Frack (and someone else?) were telling the truth about their necro-roles, they would be pointless unless one specific person died. So, why isn't it reasonable that mafia has a janitor?

Why would TA lie about his Role? Or do you think mafia have a janitor in addition to TAs role (lol)

then who did the mafia NK? And yraelz is probably lying. I can't see why the heck trekie wouldn't have claimed Timothy yesterday when she had like a hundred chances. What do you think or yraelzs claim?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 6:19:53 AM
At 7/6/2013 12:31:35 AM, Yraelz wrote:

This is starting to get ridiculous.
Full claim, please.

USM is town.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 6:24:01 AM
At 7/6/2013 5:33:04 AM, TUF wrote:
Vtl Yraelz. Why won't this bold?

It looks bold to me, both times. It's just more subtle.

VTL Yraelz for full claim, if not death.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 8:35:24 AM
VTL Yraelz The Janitored Timothy along with the new Timothy claim seems very suspicious. In addition, I think it's strange that someone who already character claimed was janitored. That's very interesting.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 1:53:31 PM
What the hell is going on here?!?

TUF, trekkie had numerous times to claim Timothy. That's great, except Yraelz is claiming Timothy, not trekkie. So, what is your point?

Royal, if mafia is creating a wagon on Timothy, then why are you voting for Timothy (Yraelz)?

Rocket, why are you voting for Noumena (Yraelz) if you don't understand why Trekkie wouldn't have claimed Timothy, when she hasn't?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 2:06:10 PM
At 7/6/2013 5:29:59 AM, TUF wrote:
At 7/6/2013 4:50:46 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

2. He was lying

Why?

Why would TA lie about his Role? Or do you think mafia have a janitor in addition to TAs role (lol)

I didn't say TA lied about his role here. I am saying why would role(s) exist if there is a good likelihood of never needing them. For Frack's autopsy to be useful, both of the following conditions must occur:
1. Frack must stay alive
2. The one person TA was to protect must die.

Statistically speaking, there is a huge chance this role has no utility. Ergo, mafia having a janitor is more likely. Although, perhaps the janitor is only an X-shot.

then who did the mafia NK? And yraelz is probably lying.
I don't know. This is the first game outside of beginners that there was only one death in NP1. Possibilities:
1. TA was non-mafia and was NK target.
2. TA fell victim to vig, PGO, etc and NK was blocked (bulletproof, doctor)

I can't see why the heck trekie wouldn't have claimed Timothy yesterday when she had like a hundred chances. What do you think or yraelzs claim?

Trekkie is not Timothy, Yraelz is. Yraelz replaced Noumena.

I am not sure of his claim.
It is incredibly stupid to claim Timothy when there are three already. However, that is subject to WIFOM, isn't it.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 2:12:21 PM
This is the order of reacements innate
order they happened:

1) Trekie replaced Noumena
2 Yraelz+ FT(Flippant) replaced Trekie

my bad on saying they replaced Noumena, which though true, is not wholly the truth
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 2:17:31 PM
At 7/6/2013 2:12:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
order they happened:

my bad on saying they replaced Noumena, which though true, is not wholly the truth

Way to make me look like an @ss, Budda :(
However, why were both Noumena and Trekkie on the list of living players in the OP for today?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 2:18:29 PM
At 7/6/2013 2:17:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/6/2013 2:12:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
order they happened:

Way to make me look like an @ss, Budda :(
However, why were both Noumena and Trekkie on the list of living players in the OP for today?

Nevermind, that says Tulle...damn dyslexia
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:05:39 PM
At 7/6/2013 4:16:14 AM, TUF wrote:
Vtl Yraelz. One mafia down, who knows how many to go. It's hard enough to believe that trekie would have said nothing last day phase, but the fact that yraelz specificly comes in and says "I can't explain trekies behavior" is the hammer and the nail for me. I will still listen to your description, but I think I am set with a Yraelz lynch this day phase.

Are you for real right now TUF/Royal? Let me explain how mafia works for a moment. You, the player, look at the motivations of all the other players and decide if they align with town, mafia, or 3P. In order to do that you have to examine the posts that a player has made. So when I get on here, late at night, during my first few moments in this game, and out that I am FKing Timothy Shumer, your first question should be, "what is Yraelz motivation for doing that?"

I don't understand how you guys go through 299 posts of analysis which clearly implicates multiple players from a behavioral perspective, and then decide (in one single post) that I must be todays lynch. On top of that you don't even bother asking me questions or examining any of the people from last DP. What happened to TA's entire reads list?! Or interrogating the people he interacted with?

Also could one of you pleeeeeaaaasssse explain my motivation for claiming Timothy as my first post in this game? Seriously, at the current rate of OPs introducing new characters I could have claimed Leeroy F-king Jenkins and road it out for the next 4 DPs if I wanted to. I probably could have claimed to be Timothy's dad, or his wife, or any of the inferred characters who probably aren't actually characters. TUF do really believe that I am such a terrible scum player that I would bandwagon a claims list as the 4th one in if it wasn't actually true? Because I'm about 100% certain that I could have fabricated a fake claim with incredi-ease.

So maybe the other question would be useful. 'What town motivation would Yraelz have for claiming Timothy Shumer?!' Is it that hard to believe that this game functions over multiple discrete time periods of Timothy's life based on the OPs and other claims. I'm willing to bet a small boatload of pirate gold that one of the Timothy's has been corrupted by Mallory based on my Role PM. And since the rest of this game is going to be janitored into the oblivion it's actually pretty useful to limit those targets. At least the information defines the direction of this game and limits the amount of misinformation the town is basing decisions off of.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:13:40 PM
At 7/6/2013 4:16:14 AM, TUF wrote:
but the fact that yraelz specificly comes in and says "I can't explain trekies behavior" is the hammer and the nail for me. I will still listen to your description, but I think I am set with a Yraelz lynch this day phase.

Oh yeah!? 'Cause that's not what I said at all. I said I wasn't fully prepared to defend Trekie's behavior. That was due to the fact that I was:
1. Tired.
2. Had had multiple drinks.
3. Not at work, where my reads sheets were.

But Let's think about this for a few moments. Trekie posted what, 4x times, during DP1? She accompanied each post with almost no analysis. She was then replaced for inactivity. She only began posting pages after you said, paraphrased, "all the Timothy's better post right now." And she didn't know her role at the time. Any one of those things could be a pretty plausible explanation as to why Trekie didn't bother claiming, but at least she breadcrumbed for me which is about to be incredi useful.

Role Claim Paraphrased:

FlippantBuoyancy- You are Timothy Shumer; the focus of this story. How did you survive that day and why was the darkness there? These questions continue to haunt you long after the terms of your service. Your life has been thrown into constant turmoil, you no longer think straight, you despise those who were once your friends and you have trouble telling the difference between right and wrong. Is it love that you feel for Mallory or hatred? Why have you pushed away everyone who was close to you?

In this game you are the universal amnesiac for the first person to die, though in reality your condition is byproduct of the traumatic experiences you recently underwent. When a death occurs you will tunnel your discontent into replacing their role and affiliation; you must reinforce balance. Until this point you will appear guilty to investigation.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:21:17 PM
TA Role, now mine, paraphrased:

TA - You are Timothy Shumer; the focus of this story. Your success in overcoming the darkness has allowed you to balance his presence. Although the past influence of others is undeniable, you have become the guardian of light. You alone can strike a balance with the darkness.

You are the guardian. If you die in this game darkness will prevail and all future deaths will be janitored (barring select roles).

Since TA's role is a one-shot death role I am now functionally a vanilla in this game but I am confirmable in so many ways that it isn't even funny. There are at least two investigators and one necro-cop. The former are likely legit because, in a game with janitors, flavored cops don't make a ton of sense. The later, is even more legit, because that can verify TA's role/affiliation.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 3:26:08 PM

Yes, read the OP. Someone pushed him out of a tree.

Now I need a very specific answer from you. In DP1 you FOS'd FrackJack (pg. 3) because Frack didn't know who his vote was on. Why did you FOS FrackJack for that action? Do you believe that not paying attention is a scum tell, and if so, what is the motivation?