Total Posts:246|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Johnny Depp Mafia - DP1

yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 3:58:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"It's enjoyable working with [Johnny Depp]. I like actors that like to become characters. Some actors make a career out of being themselves in a movie. But I've always enjoyed those real character actors that just like to become different creatures, and he's that way."

-Tim Burton

***RULES***

***PLEASE READ THESE VERY CAREFULLY***


All phases will last no more than 48 hours. Any inactive players will be replaced after one subsequent day phase/night phase of inactivity, with available replacements. An inactive player is defined as any player that does not post within the day phase, or within their role PM, in the span of one subsequent day and night phase.

Plurality lynching is not in effect. When a time limit is reached without a majority, it will result in a No Lynch.

No creating PMs about this game or discussing this game in other threads.

No screenshots of any PMs or threads are allowed.

The PM's are not all written the same way.

All role PM's (including any conversations, answered questions, etc.) must be properly and fully paraphrased.
If you are unsure if you are properly paraphrasing, I highly suggest, and implore any and all players who need it, to ask for our assistance.

Upon breaking any of these rules, we reserve the right to any of the following punishments depending on the severity.

1. Mod roleblock you for one night phase.
2. Permanently take away your role.
3. Replace you.
4. Mod Kill you, turning you into a 3rd party survivor.
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 3:58:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
PLAYER LIST

1. Buddamoose
2. drafterman
3. TUF
4. SarcasticIndeed
5. Khaos_Mage
6. TheAntidoter
7. Flippant
8. Daytona
9. Royal
10. Noumena

With 10 players, 6 votes are needed to lynch.

DP will end no later than July 21, at 4pm DDO time (5pm EST).
Maikuru and tulle.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:13:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow

Why do you think this is best?
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:14:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good news guys, I'm a Johnny Depp character!

Bad news, I'm visiting a prospective graduate school tomorrow and so I will be a little inactive during this DP. I'm sure FT will pick up the slack though.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:23:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:13:58 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow

Why do you think this is best?

I think this is best so we know how the game is laid out, in terms of if it is a few movies with more than one character coming from each movie, or if each character in the game comes from a different movie.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:45:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd rather focus on behaviors for D1. We don't really have any good reason to freely out character or setup information at this point.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:33:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:45:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'd rather focus on behaviors for D1. We don't really have any good reason to freely out character or setup information at this point.

^^this
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:04:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:45:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'd rather focus on behaviors for D1. We don't really have any good reason to freely out character or setup information at this point.

I'm not the best at figuring out behaviors and getting reactions out of people. That, my friend, is your specialty, fourtrouble.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:50:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 5:43:43 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Budda, who do you want to lynch?

Right now, it's not narrowe down quite a bit to make that decision, but I will say i have initial town reads on you and Daytona.

Daytona for his immediate claim and suggestion for a mass claim, even though it was an idea i disagree with, the fact he locked himself into a char claim right away is townish.

You because of your disagreeable with it. Its well documented by now that I tend to townrea people who come out with judgements or posts i agree with, or had a similar or matching thought process with. Same applies here
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:52:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:04:52 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:45:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'd rather focus on behaviors for D1. We don't really have any good reason to freely out character or setup information at this point.

I'm not the best at figuring out behaviors and getting reactions out of people. That, my friend, is your specialty, fourtrouble.

This post also swing townish for me. Daytona is playing to his strengths, that being role an character analysis, as opposed to behaviors, which players like FT any myself would tend to use most often
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:41:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL Khaos for something.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:43:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow

Since the only Johnny Depp 'things' in the game will allude to our roles/characters, how is this not just a mass claim (for instance if someone says 'Pirates of the Carribean' we can presume they're Jack Sparrow)?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:46:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

You should switch to Khaos. He's scum, dude.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:47:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.

I wasn't talking about time, I was talking about the DP. We were only 12-14 posts into the DP, and Royal hasn't even posted yet.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:49:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:47:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.

I wasn't talking about time, I was talking about the DP. We were only 12-14 posts into the DP, and Royal hasn't even posted yet.

He knows. Stop talking and vote Khaos.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:55:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:43:12 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow

Since the only Johnny Depp 'things' in the game will allude to our roles/characters, how is this not just a mass claim (for instance if someone says 'Pirates of the Carribean' we can presume they're Jack Sparrow)?

I'm not sure if every character is a Johnny Depp character though. Johnny Depp is more of a protagonist actor, so I am wondering if scum are comprised of characters who faced off against Depp's characters.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:55:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:49:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:47:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.

I wasn't talking about time, I was talking about the DP. We were only 12-14 posts into the DP, and Royal hasn't even posted yet.

He knows. Stop talking and vote Khaos.

For what? For a claim? For death?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:01:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:55:07 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:43:12 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 3:59:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I think we best make a list of the Johnny Depp things in this game. I'll start, since my character has something to do with:

Sleepy Hollow

Since the only Johnny Depp 'things' in the game will allude to our roles/characters, how is this not just a mass claim (for instance if someone says 'Pirates of the Carribean' we can presume they're Jack Sparrow)?

I'm not sure if every character is a Johnny Depp character though. Johnny Depp is more of a protagonist actor, so I am wondering if scum are comprised of characters who faced off against Depp's characters.

Still, I don't like the idea of mass-revealing that info yet. I'd rather vote Khaos.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:01:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 8:55:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:49:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:47:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.

I wasn't talking about time, I was talking about the DP. We were only 12-14 posts into the DP, and Royal hasn't even posted yet.

He knows. Stop talking and vote Khaos.

For what? For a claim? For death?

Character. If necessary, claim. If necessary, death.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:11:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 9:01:51 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:55:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:49:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:47:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:43:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2013 8:24:55 PM, TUF wrote:
Royal is always a good lynch to start with. Can't go wrong with that.

VTL Royal

A lynch? Normally, I'd consider it too early to consider a lynch on a person who hasn't posted, but when it's Royal, it makes you consider. I'll just stay back for now, since I don't want to vote for a lynch based on only the user.

It's 7]almost 8 PM here. That's plenty late enough for a lynch IMO.

I wasn't talking about time, I was talking about the DP. We were only 12-14 posts into the DP, and Royal hasn't even posted yet.

He knows. Stop talking and vote Khaos.

For what? For a claim? For death?

Character. If necessary, claim. If necessary, death.

Ok then. That works.

VTL Khaos_Mage
#FeeltheFreezerBern
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:28:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It doesn't look like the mods have made a rule against encrypting roles and then providing a decryption key when pressured to claim. I think we should all do this.
yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:32:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 9:28:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
It doesn't look like the mods have made a rule against encrypting roles and then providing a decryption key when pressured to claim. I think we should all do this.

Thank you for reminding us of this mechanic.

This tactic and any similar are against the rules, if not the very nature of the game. If you have doubt concerning unique tactics outside of the standard operating procedure of the game in general, we encourage players to run them by us first.

Thank you.
Maikuru and tulle.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:39:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 9:32:28 PM, yin.yang wrote:
At 7/19/2013 9:28:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
It doesn't look like the mods have made a rule against encrypting roles and then providing a decryption key when pressured to claim. I think we should all do this.

Thank you for reminding us of this mechanic.

This tactic and any similar are against the rules, if not the very nature of the game. If you have doubt concerning unique tactics outside of the standard operating procedure of the game in general, we encourage players to run them by us first.

Thank you.
Ok, then VTL Khaos for a claim.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 9:43:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 9:28:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
It doesn't look like the mods have made a rule against encrypting roles and then providing a decryption key when pressured to claim. I think we should all do this.

Interesting idea... I have to get to my laptop to do the whole encrpting though, so it may be a bit before I could do it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern