Historical Events Mafia DP3

RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:21:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dead Yesterday

IFLYHIGH- You are the Crusades against the Jewish people in the medieval ages. Those who were non-believers of the great religion, suffered against the knights rule. You have a 1x kill, given that the crusades resulted ultimately in war and defeat. Since the crusades were viewed as a negative and sad part of history, you will also investigate guilty. You win with the town.

*Changed to Vanilla

Players Left

1. TUF
2. Drafter
3. Noumena
4. khaos
5. Budda
6. TheAntidoter
7. Noctan

4/7 votes to lynch
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:31:15 PM
==Dead==

Lucky- Jonestown mass suicide- Beloved princess (activated upon death)
Khaos- Black plague- universal role destroyer (activated upon death)
IFLY - Crusdes, 1x vig, miller

==Alive==

TUF - Evolution - role cop
Drafter - Greece - no death for one night
Noumena - Renaissance- Joat (tree stump, BP, role cop)
khaos 2 (replaces daytona) - Great Wall - find missing words
Budda (pending replacement upon request)
TheAntidoter - UN -watcher
Noctan - India revolution - vanilla
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:33:47 PM
Sorry, I forgot.

Killed in the night.

TheAntidoter- You are The establishment of United Nations. As multiple nations watched and saw inhumane things occur throughout history, an idea was formed with people who shared the same moral values against inhumane actions. They were called the United Nations. The establishment of the UN occurred through watching the faults of other nations. As a result, you are the watcher. Each night you may select a player and receive results on anyone who visited them during the night. You win with the town.

1. TUF
2. Drafter
3. Noumena
4. khaos
5. Budda
6. Noctan

4/6 votes to lynch
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:36:06 PM
==Dead==

Lucky- Jonestown mass suicide- Beloved princess (activated upon death)
Khaos- Black plague- universal role destroyer (activated upon death)
IFLY - Crusdes, 1x vig, miller
TA- United Nations- Watcher

==Alive==

TUF - Evolution - role cop
Drafter - Greece - no death for one night
Noumena - Renaissance- Joat (tree stump, BP, role cop)
khaos 2 (replaces daytona) - Great Wall - find missing words
Budda (pending replacement upon request)
Noctan - India revolution - vanilla
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:38:11 PM
We are at LYLO. Right now I am hella suspicious of noumena and Budda. If we don't hit mafia today we lose.

We know this because if there was three mafia we would have lost already.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:39:54 PM
A miller in a game with no cop -_-

*throws phone*
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:41:45 PM
So drafter is just the country Greece? Or is there actually a specific event that he claimed?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:41:52 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:39:54 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
A miller in a game with no cop -_-

*throws phone*

Maybe he was a mis-lynch target or something? LOL shame on you rocket.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:42:15 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:41:45 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
So drafter is just the country Greece? Or is there actually a specific event that he claimed?

I think he said the golden age or something.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:45:42 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:38:11 PM, TUF wrote:
We are at LYLO. Right now I am hella suspicious of noumena and Budda.

Why?
If we don't hit mafia today we lose.

We know this because if there was three mafia we would have lost already.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:48:34 PM
At 7/19/2013 12:35:55 AM, Noumena wrote:

TUF reads scum. His role is almost completely separated from his character. The connexion just isn't there. Really, his role reads, "you are the most powerful historical event. You create and improve the genetic make-up of all living thing." How does this relate to a role cop function? Then there's Drafter's point regarding the practical similarity between his and Khaos' role. Yes there are technical differences but they're overall just two role cops (Notice that TUF never entertains the idea that he could be legitimately CC'ing Khaos. Town uncertainty would have likely played big there). Given Khaos' solid position as a townie, I'm keen to err on the side of TUF just being scum here.

Re-posting this here for response/defense. The last part was edited out (retracted) given IFLY's flip.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:48:40 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:45:42 PM, Noumena wrote:

Why?

In summary: How hard you pushed on IFLY's lynch despite behavioral principles, and budda's hammer. Also FOSing budda for his feux-quit attempt, yet keeps playing. It seems like a post aimed at getting angry town cred. This is in addition to his most recent post being angry at IFLY being a miller. It's like he already knew, and is just pretending to be pissed about it, so his hammer less DP seems less suspicious.

I am pretty confident one of you two is scum. The question is: who to lynch?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:53:06 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:48:34 PM, Noumena wrote:

TUF reads scum. His role is almost completely separated from his character. The connexion just isn't there. Really, his role reads, "you are the most powerful historical event. You create and improve the genetic make-up of all living thing." How does this relate to a role cop function?

Have you read some of the other role Justification? Mine is sh1tty, but check out IFLY's. Blame the mod, not me.

Then there's Drafter's point regarding the practical similarity between his and Khaos' role. Yes there are technical differences but they're overall just two role cops (Notice that TUF never entertains the idea that he could be legitimately CC'ing Khaos.

It is because I town read Khaos based on his behavior. Also I really think there is a separating difference in roles; IE mine is much more powerful than his. The mafia probably had pretty strong roles.

Town uncertainty would have likely played big there). Given Khaos' solid position as a townie, I'm keen to err on the side of TUF just being scum here.

He only found out some words in the PM, which is relatively not helpful at all. My role offsets his and gives the town a little more power.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:56:53 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:53:06 PM, TUF wrote:

TUF reads scum. His role is almost completely separated from his character. The connexion just isn't there. Really, his role reads, "you are the most powerful historical event. You create and improve the genetic make-up of all living thing." How does this relate to a role cop function?

Have you read some of the other role Justification? Mine is sh1tty, but check out IFLY's. Blame the mod, not me.

Do you think we should only blame role discontinuities on the mod?
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:59:18 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:48:40 PM, TUF wrote:

Why?

In summary: How hard you pushed on IFLY's lynch despite behavioral principles,

Even though he flipped inno I stand by the fact that he should have been lynched. We can't just presume that the mod fccked up. The fact remains that his role claim made absolutely no sense given the other claims.

and budda's hammer. Also FOSing budda for his feux-quit attempt, yet keeps playing. It seems like a post aimed at getting angry town cred. This is in addition to his most recent post being angry at IFLY being a miller. It's like he already knew, and is just pretending to be pissed about it, so his hammer less DP seems less suspicious.

Is there a way (in yer opinion) to express annoyance without it looking faux to you? On his hammer, he asked if he should and I told him to.

I am pretty confident one of you two is scum. The question is: who to lynch?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:08:37 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:56:53 PM, Noumena wrote:

I actually don't think there is a role dis-continuity. Evolution makes more sense as a role cop than anything else I can think up. Maybe the link isn't the best, but neither were the others.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:10:06 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:08:37 PM, TUF wrote:

I actually don't think there is a role dis-continuity. Evolution makes more sense as a role cop than anything else I can think up. Maybe the link isn't the best, but neither were the others.

Why does it make sense in yer opinion?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:12:30 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:59:18 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/22/2013 2:48:40 PM, TUF wrote:

Why?

In summary: How hard you pushed on IFLY's lynch despite behavioral principles,

Even though he flipped inno I stand by the fact that he should have been lynched. We can't just presume that the mod fccked up. The fact remains that his role claim made absolutely no sense given the other claims.

It wouldn't be the first time a mod has put a role in a game for the purpose of purely being mis-lynched. Do you think IFLY was stupid enough to make a mistake like that as mafia? To claim a flavored investigative affiliation when no cops have been claimed, and he could no longer even being investigated guilty? Don't you think he would have been smart enough to make up something better than that? Besides that, his behavior was also not mafia indicative.

and budda's hammer. Also FOSing budda for his feux-quit attempt, yet keeps playing. It seems like a post aimed at getting angry town cred. This is in addition to his most recent post being angry at IFLY being a miller. It's like he already knew, and is just pretending to be pissed about it, so his hammer less DP seems less suspicious.

Is there a way (in yer opinion) to express annoyance without it looking faux to you?

Why did he have to do it publicly? He should have PM'ed the mod. Doing it publicly screams for town cred.

On his hammer, he asked if he should and I told him to.

Town cred.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:13:25 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:10:06 PM, Noumena wrote:

For exactly the reason my role PM says it does. If I were to create the role PM, though I probably would have tried to make it sound better.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:14:35 PM
Nouema, IFLY was pushing you from DP1. Than suddenly as soon as he claims miller you jumped on him and led his lynch with others. That is pretty convienent. You completely chose to dis-regard behavior.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:16:06 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:14:35 PM, TUF wrote:
Nouema, IFLY was pushing you from DP1. Than suddenly as soon as he claims miller you jumped on him and led his lynch with others. That is pretty convienent. You completely chose to dis-regard behavior.

Not that his lynch wasn't justified, but he had Khaos and Drafter both pushing hard before I caught on.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:16:52 PM
Ok, I'm going to address this whole business with my replacement request. The replacement request is no longer actually being requested. You have to understand, that I had come back from the bar at the time, and was therefore kinda buzzing. My reaction was therefore over the top, in regards to the not knowing our roles thing.

Once I sobered up I realized it wasn't that bad. So there ya go, if honestly the only things y'all can bring up for me being scummy are that I got pissed in the beginning of the game, or my lack of hyperactivity, then honestly y'all are stretching it. Anyways, continuing on...

Now what is strange about TUF now trying to FOS me for requesting to be replaced, is even he was able to see DP1, that I was not sober when I made those posts. It would of course, be a good conclusion to draw, if he thought I was drunk when I made those posts, that once I sobered up my opinion on the matter would change. So why start FOS'ing me for it now?

from what I see, Noumena is making a solid point regarding TUF. The most suspicious behavior from TUF, being that TUF hasn't even in the least entertained the possibility that his and Khaos' roles are not both town(ergo one is town and one is scum.) This is a fairly decisive scumtell, and one that is fairly solid in terms of tells in determining scum from town.

But wait for just one moment, this post here from Khaos stands out to me:

": At 7/17/2013 10:04:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Budda is town.
His role states that he will die a slow death, staying alive for one extra phase. That is a strange role for scum.

This is, of course, assuming we believe his role PM."

Khaos, how did you know what my role PM stated, if with your first death DP1, all roles were nullified/removed, making everyone a vanilla?

in regards to Nocton, in DP1 didn't he say that he "didn't yet win with the town?" Yet in DP2 when he comes out with his full claim, I don't see how he could have even come to this conclusion:

"Noctan- You are India's Independence. India"s Independence was largely won through peace, non-violence, and through leaders with admirable intentions. You are the ???????. Throughout this game you may only operate under ???-??????? methods. Your ???? power is ???? ????? ??? ???? ????. You win with the town."

A noteworthy discrepancy. But even if it is indicative of him being scum, it is likely that he is TP. So being that we are potentially at a "must lynch mafia to continue the game" situation, it wouldn't be wise to lynch him imo.

So my town reads are:

1) Noumena
2) Myself

Could go either way:

1) Khaos
2) TUF

Scum:

1)[TP]- Notcon
2) Drafter

Khaos please answer my question: "Khaos, how did you know what my role PM stated, if with your first death DP1, all roles were nullified/removed, making everyone a vanilla?"
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:18:47 PM
hold up on that Noumena town read actually:

Noumena, what does your sacrifice ability do exactly?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:19:26 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:17:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
What are the chances there is only one mafia?

not likely, its more likely that it is 4 to 2 right now and we are at MYLO
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:19:30 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:12:30 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/22/2013 2:59:18 PM, Noumena wrote:

It wouldn't be the first time a mod has put a role in a game for the purpose of purely being mis-lynched. Do you think IFLY was stupid enough to make a mistake like that as mafia? To claim a flavored investigative affiliation when no cops have been claimed, and he could no longer even being investigated guilty? Don't you think he would have been smart enough to make up something better than that? Besides that, his behavior was also not mafia indicative.

It makes sense. Cops are SOP for most games. It's a fair assumption to make. Also, what behavior were you referring to? You mentioned it last Dp but when you logged on you failed to elaborate.

Is there a way (in yer opinion) to express annoyance without it looking faux to you?

Why did he have to do it publicly? He should have PM'ed the mod. Doing it publicly screams for town cred.

So, to be clear, publicly expressing annoyance is a scum read in yer opinion.

On his hammer, he asked if he should and I told him to.

Town cred.

Wut
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:19:52 PM
Drafter seems kind of scummy...his role is kind of odd...but what about Budda?
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:21:01 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:13:25 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/22/2013 3:10:06 PM, Noumena wrote:

For exactly the reason my role PM says it does. If I were to create the role PM, though I probably would have tried to make it sound better.

Yer role PM says evolution was a powerful force. Elaborate on how you think that justifies a role cop.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:23:35 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:18:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I never asked given the fact that it became void before TA filled in the blanks.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:23:39 PM
At 7/22/2013 3:18:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

no joke, I'm onto something here, I just need you to clear this up for me
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion