BTSOTST Endgame

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:06:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Survivor Wins!!!

Khaos_Mage- You are Adrian De'Laroy, THE GAMBLER. You met Timothy but once, but being that you huddled him out of every possession he had, he wouldn't easily forget you. You, each night are able to target one player. That player will be given a choice between three options, the outcomes of which will be decided at random the same night:

1) Hold Em'
2) Fold Em'
3) Walk Away

the three outcomes are:

1) Being rewarded a 1X investigative ability
2) Loss of role for the night(or nothing if no active role is possessed).
3) Permanent loss of role(active or passive)

If outcome two or three occurs, then you will gain that players role for the duration that they lose it for.

You can win one of two ways:

1) Surviving until the end game
2) Permanently stealing the role of three players in the game.

You win by yourself. Good Luck

Second Place: Town

Noctan(Frackjack)- You are Paul Bess, the Chief of Surgery and Autopsy at Brightwater VA Hospital. You thus have multiple abilities at your disposal:

A) 1X Doctor- Able to protect one player from being killed during the current night the ability is used.

B) 1X Autopsy- Able to examine a dead body and determine their role, affiliation, and who if anyone visited them while they were alive.

C) 1X Anesthesia- Knock unconscious and prevent one player from using their role the night you use this ability.

You win with the town

IFLYHIGH(Skepsikyma)- You are Daniel Shumer. Father of Timothy Shumer, you have done your best to keep a watchful eye on Timothy despite being a single father. You are thus the watcher, and can watch one player a night to determine, who, if anyone visits them. You win with the town.

TUF- you are Timothy Shumer, a young child, bright and with a vast future ahead of you, you are the innocent child, and thus will be announced innocent on DP4.

RoyalPaladin- You are Joseph Drummond, the local bouncer at De'Laroys pub. You are able "bounce" or remove a person from the bar each night, silencing them for the next day phase. You win with the town.

Jordan56- You are Belefonte Krumm, a adept and skilled businessman, you built your empire quickly, efficiently, and to vast sums. You are arguably one of the most powerful men in the world, but despite all this remain humble, and live but comfortably, forgoing a lavish lifestyle. As an extremely wealthy man though, you have a variety of tools, and thus abilities at your disposal. You are thus the TYCOON:

1) Investments- You are able to invest money into a players holdings, thus preventing them from being stripped of their property(or role.) for the night.

2) Lobbying- You are able to lobby politicians to gain their favor, this preventing a player of your choosing from being stripped of their vote for the night.

3) Security Guards- You are able to hire security guards to protect you, thus making you a 1X bulletproof. If this bulletproof is used up though, then you also lose any other abilities that you have yet to use at that point, due to suffering injuries despite having said guards.

You win with the town.

Bossyburrito- You are Gregory Belsmith. You are an armed forces recruiter tasks with gaining recruits to serve in the army, navy, or Air Force, during a wartime. Your job is difficult and you have to cut some corners and make some exceptions regarding new recruits to meet quotas, but you still do a great job. You are this the mason recruiter and will die upon recruiting mafia. You win with the town.(Naive)

TheAntidoter- You are Timothy Shumer, the GUARDIAN OF LIGHT. As long as you remain alive, role pm's of dead players will be revealed. If you die though, then all role pm's will be hidden, and all subsequent deaths will be janitored for the remainder of the game. You win with the town.

Zaradi(UnstupendousMan)- You are Timothy Shumer. Focal point of the story, you are accused of deserting your post while on guard, serving in the Vietnam War. You of course didn't, and had been attacked from behind, being knocked out, and your squad slaughtered while you lay unconscious. Why they left you alive, you don't know, you simply were left alive. Given this, you are thus the MILLER, and will show guilty to affiliation investigations. You win with the town.

Drafterman- You are Veronica Bess. The nurse who is tending to Timothy Shumer, you thus are the NURSE(LOL). You are the back-up to the SURGEON, Paul Bess, your brother, and will inherit his role, if at all possible, upon his death. You win with the town.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:07:24 PM
Last Place: Mafia

Silence encompassed the night, moon overhead, bathing the surroundings in a pale glow. A lone opossum scurried along the ground, darting over the roots, and in between the trunks of the trees in the forest. Off in the distance the glow of a light could be made out.

A lamp hung outside the door of a small cabin, bathing the porch, and the immediate surroundings in an unnaturally bright light. The wildlife in the area avoided this cabin. Their instincts warning them to stay away, though for what reason, they did not know.

Back where the Opposum was scurrying along, for all it knew, alone and unseen. Yet, it was not, above, in the treetops, lay a man. Eyes trained upon the cabin, he was dressed completely in camouflage, black mottled with green. Suddenly the light in front of the cabin, went out, and the entire area was shadowed in darkness.

The sound of a door opening could be faintly heard. Gracefully and quickly the man in the treetop pulled out a rifle, and silently clicked a scope into place. He raised the scope to his eye, and from it, being night vision, could see a woman and child slowly come out of the cabin, followed by a man who shut the door.

His mind froze, nobody had told him about the woman and child, it was just supposed to be the man. He watched them for a moment, head towards a truck parked out front of the cabin. He needed to shoot now, or he would lose his opportunity to complete his job.

He took a deep breath and just as the man who had walked out of the cabin put his hand on the door handle of the truck-

*ffft ffft*

two quick shots spit out of the rifle, and the man dropped to the ground. He quickly and fluidly adjusted his aim, firing again. The woman fell as well. Once more he adjusted his aim, and brought his scope onto the child. A small girl, she was standing, confusion obvious in her face. It was clear she was about to start panicking.

He hesitated his shot. He never agree to this... then he took a deep breath once more, his face becoming emotionless, statue-like and fired one final time...

WELCOME YOU GOOBERS, to the Beneath the Shade of the Sycamore Tree Mafia PM!

RocketEngineer- You are Mallory Westers. Beautiful, Charming, a goddess by definition. Your attractiveness infatuates and causes almost every man to meet you to fall madly in love with you. Indeed, even Timothy Shumer fell victim to your "spell." But there was something different about Shumer, something, almost animal, perhaps primal is a better word to use. This man could be a useful tool, and so you brought Shumer into your fold. Soon he became the most efficient hitman you had in your employ.

This you are the TEMPTRESS. You have multiple abilities at your disposal:

1X Roleblock- Distract another player, and prevent them from using their night action for the night.

1X Infatuate- Target another player, that player is unable to vote for you for the remainder of the game. This players vote will still show up as voting for you if they do, it will still appear to count towards the votes required to lynch, however it will ultimately not. If they vote for you, their vote will instead count towards another player of your choosing(decided when targeting the player originally.)

1X Sacrifice- If you are to be lynched, or shot at night, you may choose to instead have another player die. You must use the ability before either being lynched or shot, and must choose the alternate lynchee or kill at that time as well.

Trekie- You are Timothy Shumer. Focal point of this story, you were a once honorable Vietnam War Veteran, who was corrupted by Mallory Westers. For her you will commit any act, kill anyone, even sacrifice your own life. Your obsession, or is it love? Its a fine line after all, has no limits.

As a highly skilled hitman, you are this the NINJA, and are untrackable and unwatchable when performing night kills. You will also automatically perform the night kills each night unless otherwise decided.

As the focal point of the story, you also will show innocent to any and all affiliation investigations, or lie detects(regarding affiliation.)

Tulle-You are Liu Sun-Jin, a servant of Mallory Westers, you are essetially at Westers right hand, and influential in many of her "business" decisions. You are skilled at money laundering, and many other things, but nothing that really translates well into a role, sooo, you are a goon.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:12:02 PM
Mafia ELO Ratings scale:

Khaos_Mage- 2
Tulle- 1
Yraelz- 1
RocketEngineer- 1.5
Drafterman- 1
IFLYHIGH- 1.5
TUF- 3
RoyalPaladin- 1
Jordan56- .5
BossyBurrito- 1
TheAntidoter- 1
Zaradi- .5
Noctan- .5

Replaced Players

Unstupendousman- 0
FrackJack- 0
Skepsikyma- 0
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:13:33 PM
Oh hey, guess who totally called that Khaos was a Survivor? Guess who also totally called that he had a solo win condition and should have been lynched? Drafter and I were right :(
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:16:46 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:13:33 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Oh hey, guess who totally called that Khaos was a Survivor? Guess who also totally called that he had a solo win condition and should have been lynched? Drafter and I were right :(

I think your silencing me DP4 actually saved me because people forgot about me.
Thanks ;)
My work here is, finally, done.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:17:38 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:16:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Thanks ;)

No, nobody forgot about you. We even had a discussion about it on DP4.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:18:58 PM
Budda, who was HCP?
Mafia, why did you let TUF live?
Rocket, why didn't you redirect the lynch to TUF?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:21:10 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:17:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/24/2013 9:16:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Thanks ;)

No, nobody forgot about you. We even had a discussion about it on DP4.

Yeah, but no one could ask me anything, and I couldn't put my foot in my mouth, which is ultimately what saved me, IMO.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:22:34 PM
MVP: TUF- for real, TUF was a straight beast in this game. He was more town than rice was white in this game. He didn't even have to be an innocent child and that was obvious enough. He acted exactly as a townie would need to when faced with the situation that was handed town in this game thanks to Yraelz good call on TA being the one who was stopping deaths from being Janitored.

- By not whining and getting caught up over it
- By having confidence in his reads, and confidence that they were still scum even after they were already dead

He successfully called out Yraelz, Tulle, and Rocket, and even though he had a moments hesitation with Rockets lynch, ended up getting back onto him for the game-winning hammer.

Seriously TUF, this game was just an absolute flex of your skills as town. You definitely deserve all three points I awarded you(that's the max right??)

Least Valuable Players

everyone who was replaced pretty much, but especially Skepsikyma, who's inactivity caused two NP's worth of watcher results to be forfeited, and FrackJack, ESEPCIALLY FRACKJACK, for being selfish and doc'ing himself as opposed to TA, when it was obvious TA needed protection, and then deciding to try and use his autopsy, on TA, when it was obvious TA was the one who upon dying, caused all deaths to be janitored.

In other words, FrackJack, you are a blazing idiot.

Royal- You're silencing of Tulle was a huge factor in Yraelz being lynched. Without Tulle, mafia were short one much needed voice to convince others not to lynch him. I actually meant to put a 1.5 ELOscore for you.

HCP's Role

I realized I forgot it...

HcP- You are Corporal Brightman of the United States Naval Seals. You have a bit of a temper, and that works well with your specialty in demolitions. You have a bit of a fascination with explosions and fires, pyromania of sorts, and relish the opportunity at wanton destruction. You are thus the BOMB, and will kill anyone who tries to kill you at night, or the hammerer of your lynch. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS COMING UP IN NEXT POST
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:23:11 PM
oh and

HardcorePwnography ELO Score- 0
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:28:14 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:12:02 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Mafia ELO Ratings scale:

Khaos_Mage- 2
Tulle- 1
Yraelz- 1
RocketEngineer- 1.5
Drafterman- 1
IFLYHIGH- 1.5
TUF- 3
RoyalPaladin- 1
Jordan56- .5
BossyBurrito- 1
TheAntidoter- 1
Zaradi- .5
Noctan- .5

Replaced Players

Unstupendousman- 0
FrackJack- 0
Skepsikyma- 0

I feel like this is a really bad idea. I can see replaced player snot being included, but elo should not be arbitrarily modified.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:30:05 PM
Budda, how did you calculate the elo scores?

Also, did you anticipate the janitoring happening so early? How did you feel about that?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:30:44 PM
So, I was a survivor in three straight games.
Is this a sign that nobody like me and/or wants me on their team?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:34:59 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:30:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:36:38 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:18:58 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Mafia, why did you let TUF live?
Rocket, why didn't you redirect the lynch to TUF?

Tuf couldn't vote for Rocket. We were hoping it would get down to Rocket, Tuf, and two other players for the win.

Props to Tuf on this game. Sorry I wasn't really in it.
yang.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:36:59 PM

My guess is that mods are not randomizing roles and that they didn't know where to put you. I can bet that you won't be TP in the next game since you won this game.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:38:25 PM
TUF you went beast mode all over my face in this game. Congratulations for just destroying the mafia. Hahaha, my respect of your play increased substantially during this game. =)

I freaking figured out how to janitor every death, and you still destroyed us. Amazing.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:38:40 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:36:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

My guess is that mods are not randomizing roles and that they didn't know where to put you. I can bet that you won't be TP in the next game since you won this game.

Or: The Mestari Effect
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:46:18 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:38:40 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

You were scum every game because you're the best scum player.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:47:37 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:46:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/24/2013 9:38:40 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

You were scum every game because you're the best scum player.

That's a lie and everyone knows it.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:47:44 PM
Night-Actions

Mafia:

DP1:

RocketEngineer- Infatuate TUF, vote counts towards HcP

NP1:

Rocket- Waives
Yraelz- Night-Kills TheAntidoter

NP2:

Rocket- Roleblock Frackjack
Tulle- Night-Kill Daytona

NP3:

Rocket- Night-Kill Bossyburrito

NP4:

Rocket- Night-Kill IFLYHIGH
Rocket- Awarded Role-Cop targets Drafterman

DP4:

Rocket- Sacrifice HcP

Town:

IFLYHIGH(Skepsikyma)

NP1- Forfeit
NP2- Forfeit
NP3- Watch Bossyburrito

Zaradi(Unstupendousman)

NP1: Awarded Tracker forfeited

Drafterman

NO NIGHT ACTIONS

DaytonaNerd

NP1: Surveillance Frackjack

Bossyburrito

NP1: Recruit USM
NP2: Recruit Khaos
NP3: Recruit Jordan

HcP

NO NIGHT ACTIONS

TUF

NO NIGHT ACTIONS except being a damn BAWSS

Jordan

NP1: Waive
NP2: Lobby Self
NP3: Invest Royal
NP4: Forfeit

RoyalPaladin

NP1: Silence Tulle
NP2: Waive
NP3: Silence Khaos

Noctan(Frackjack)

NP1: Doctor Self
NP2: Autopsy TA
NP3: Forfeit

Third Party

Khaos_Mage:

NP1: Gamble USM- awarded investigative ability[TRACKER]
NP2: Gamble USM- permanently steals role
NP3: Gamble Royal- blocked by Jordan
NP4: Gamble Rocket- awarded investigative ability[ROLE-COP]
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:50:10 PM
This was a fun game. I always love budda games because it's fun to play along with the story line, and try to figure out what happened. Catching mafia based on the story line is fun too.

I've had good luck in buddas game though; stranded, Fear, this one. I think budda is a great mod too.

I tried a new game tactic this time; It's the same one I was trying to use in drafter's game. I was analyzing player behavior and eliminating mafia based on behaviors. What would I say or do if I was mafia? What would this person say if they were town? Because of this, I was able to confirm players as town (even though I wasn't 100% confident in that). What re-enforced my town read on certain players was the lack of objection towards me town reading them. Confidence seemed to be working, and the sub-sequent following made me believe these were real.

I am not going to lie, during the last day phase, I was slightly worried that my tactic wasn't working, and that maybe I was wrong about Tulle.

I need to start trusting my behavior reads though,that was my biggest downfall in drafter's game.

Good job Yraelz. You might have been a good mafia asset had you not decided to claim Timothy late.

Also budda, whats up with that last OP mid day you made? Thta had me doubting rocket considerably...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:53:08 PM
BTW, I don't consider Khaos's win being over the towns. The mod can consider it that way, but until mods start making them win with the winning team, it doesn't matter to me. Too worried about making the mafia lose to worry about TP's. TP's winning by themselves OP'es the mafia, because if town lynches them, it gives them an extra NK.

We knew Khaos was Third party and the potential to usurp the town was there. Me and IFLY decided we don't give a fvck lol.

Town wins :)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:54:58 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:30:05 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Budda, how did you calculate the elo scores?

Also, did you anticipate the janitoring happening so early? How did you feel about that?

Anyone who was replaced was awarded a 0 to their ELO score
Anyone who forfeited a night action was automatically docked -.5 points(just once, even if multiple forfeits occurred)
Anyone who participated and played their part, but didn't necessarily stand out, was awarded a 1
Anyone who participated, played their part, and had a crucial night action that was beneficial to their side, was awarded +.5 points.
Anyone who participated, played their part, and provided solid analysis was given +.5 points.

Solid analysis being analysis that not only pinpointed mafia accurately, but led to said mafia's downfall as well.

Winner automatically recives +1 point.

TUF was awarded +2 points for game MVP. So in essence, 1 is just, you did well, and played your part, but nothing really stood out. anything lower is equivalent to being a detriment to your side, anything higher means you were a net benefit to your side.

Tulle and Yraelz each received 1.5's based off of not only their game behavior, which though was pinpointed accurately as TUF, was still, imo, solid. TUF was just that fvcking good lol, but their assistance of Rocket within the mafia PM.

Seriously, the mafia PM was HUGE, and spread out over multiple PM's. Yraelz and Tulle were big time helping Rocket out and coaching him.

I hope I did put Yraelz and Tulle as 1.5's...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:55:09 PM

Lol you have won 2/3 of them though. It can't be that bad.