BEGINNERS 15.2 - Day Phase 1

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:19:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Introduction to Role Madness:

The previous game was a watered-down version of mafia, relying more on behavioral cues and tells. While these are good skills to have and develop, a majority of the games on DDO are considered to be "Role Madness" games. That is, everyone - or almost everyone - has some role which confers active or passive abilities that players may use during the Night Phase. The details of your roles are explained in your role PM. If you have questions, please ask me in that PM and I will do me best to explain, without giving too much away.

In these games, the issue of information becomes paramount. Who do you target with your role? What do you do with the results? Will they help town? Will I get killed in response? Do I wait and get more information and risk being killed in the night or do I reveal my information now? Unfortunately, you will almost always have to answer them yourself. Trust no one but yourself.

Set-up:
This round will be semi-open. I will provide a list of roles. All roles in the game will be on that list, but not all roles on that list will be in the game.

Town-Sided Roles:
Cop - You are the COP. Each night you may target another player and learn whether they win with the TOWN or the MAFIA. You win with the TOWN.
Lie Detector - You are the LIE DETECTOR. Each night you may target one statement made by another player and learn whether or not it is true or false. You win with the TOWN.
Doctor - You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select another player to protect them from a single kill. You may not target yourself. You win with the TOWN.
Jail Keeper - You are the JAIL KEEPER. Each night you may select another player to protect them from any and all kills. You will also prevent them from using their role. You may not target yourself. You win with the TOWN.
Watcher - You are the WATCHER. Each night you may select another player. You will learn the names of all the players that visited them that night. You win with the TOWN.
Tracker - You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select another player. You will learn the names of all the players that they visit that night. You win with the TOWN.
Bulletproof - You are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be killed at night. You win with the TOWN.
Commuter - You are the COMMUTER. You cannot be targeted at night. You win with the TOWN.
Vigilante - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may target another player to die. You win with the TOWN.
Paranoid Gun Owner - You are the PARANOID GUN OWNER. Anyone that visits you at night will be killed. You win with the TOWN.

Mafia-Sided Roles:
Rolecop - You are the ROLE COP. Each night you may target another player and learn their Role PM. You win with the MAFIA.
Lookout - You are the LOOK OUT. Each night you may select another player. You will learn the names of all the players that visited them that night. You win with the MAFIA.
Roleblocker - You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may target another player and prevent them from using their role. You win with the MAFIA.
Rolestopper - You are the ROLESTOPPER. Each night you may target another player. No other player will be able to target them that night. You win with the MAFIA.

Mod Notes:
1. The descriptions above are how they appear in each players' Role PM.

2. Some of these roles will provide results to the player at the end of the Night Phase (Cop, Lie Detector, Watcher, Tracker, Role Cop). Other roles may prevent these roles from getting those results (Jail Keeper, Commuter, Role Blocker, Role Stopper). Regardless, there are no roles that can modify or alter results (as may be seen in other games). So if you get results, you can trust them - for this game.

3. In processing Roles and Actions I use the following rules:
- Apply actions which modify others' actions before the actions they modify.
- Outside of that (unmodified) actions will happen simultaneously.
- Killing doesn't stop the actions of the dead player. Imagine that all kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.
- Paradoxes or Contradictions will be resolved through Random Number Generation.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:20:46 PM
Living Players:
1. bladerunner
2. Beginner
3. xXCryptoXx
4. Cermank
5. Noctan
6. Lannan13
7. Daytonanerd

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch (or no lynch).
This Day Phase will end on 7/28 at 08:00 PM DDO Time. (Bonus 24 hours for weekend)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:32:16 PM
Some roles reference "visits." When you use your role and target another player, you "visit" them. Some roles can see who visits who, thus learning who targeted who, but not what action was taken.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:20:56 PM
The diversity of roles is one of the things that makes forum mafia so awesome. LET'S GOOOOOOO :D
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:22:49 PM
Lannan, I sure hope you are mafia so I can have the pleasure of actually lynching you this game >:(
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:37:28 PM
At 7/25/2013 9:29:02 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/25/2013 9:25:23 PM, Beginner wrote:
VTL Lannan
for claim

Wut

I'm kind of ambivalent on my desire to lynch lannan. That hammer last game pissed me off. In addition, I messaged lannan (since I was dead anyway and won't affect the game) and told him that:
no ringer could have possibly not read the OP, not counted votes, not read previous posts, and pull a hammer.
He would either be an extremely stupid town (not probable being the ringer that he is)
or
He would be a mafia, period.
And then I told him that you were confirmed to me as mafia since when lannan made his list of suspects, he dropped you to number three with cermank being number one. I mean seriously, there was NO WAY you could be less suspicious than Cermank (pretty much confirmed town).

He implied that he was mafia by telling me that the other mafia was Noctan not crypto. TO think that he would lie on a private message.. can you believe this guy???
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:38:49 PM
What do you have to say for yourself Lannan, lying on a nongame related PM..
Such a cynical fellow >:(
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:47:17 PM
Wow, everyone is online (except Daytona), but NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHINGGGGGGGG................
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:57:56 PM
God I can't stop refreshing this page.. not a single chirp among you.. I'm starting to feel a bit stupid.. I mean really really stupid.
Senpai has noticed you.
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:04:17 PM
At 7/25/2013 9:57:56 PM, Beginner wrote:
God I can't stop refreshing this page.. not a single chirp among you.. I'm starting to feel a bit stupid.. I mean really really stupid.

Then maybe you should stop fluffing before you fill up the entire page.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:06:30 PM
At 7/25/2013 9:37:28 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 7/25/2013 9:29:02 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/25/2013 9:25:23 PM, Beginner wrote:
VTL Lannan
for claim

Wut

I'm kind of ambivalent on my desire to lynch lannan. That hammer last game pissed me off. In addition, I messaged lannan (since I was dead anyway and won't affect the game) and told him that:
no ringer could have possibly not read the OP, not counted votes, not read previous posts, and pull a hammer.
He would either be an extremely stupid town (not probable being the ringer that he is)
or
He would be a mafia, period.
And then I told him that you were confirmed to me as mafia since when lannan made his list of suspects, he dropped you to number three with cermank being number one. I mean seriously, there was NO WAY you could be less suspicious than Cermank (pretty much confirmed town).

He implied that he was mafia by telling me that the other mafia was Noctan not crypto. TO think that he would lie on a private message.. can you believe this guy???

You really need to calm down. Also, you're not supposed to talk about games outside of the forum.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:10:59 PM
At 7/25/2013 10:04:17 PM, Noctan wrote:
At 7/25/2013 9:57:56 PM, Beginner wrote:

Then maybe you should stop fluffing before you fill up the entire page.

Lol, this.
Nolite Timere
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:14:48 PM
At 7/25/2013 10:06:30 PM, Noctan wrote:
You really need to calm down. Also, you're not supposed to talk about games outside of the forum.

Where'd you get that rule from? Link me a list? (I'm not being sarcastic).
Senpai has noticed you.
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:57:29 PM
At 7/25/2013 10:14:48 PM, Beginner wrote:

It's in the Mafia rules...anyway. You need to take a chill pill. Like an actual pill that makes you chill the fvck out. For some reason I could picture a :D face as you mashed the refresh button over and over again. You were posting really fast, haha. Nobody else had a chance really.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:11:21 AM
At 7/25/2013 10:57:29 PM, Noctan wrote:
At 7/25/2013 10:14:48 PM, Beginner wrote:

It's in the Mafia rules...anyway. You need to take a chill pill. Like an actual pill that makes you chill the fvck out. For some reason I could picture a :D face as you mashed the refresh button over and over again. You were posting really fast, haha. Nobody else had a chance really.
Senpai has noticed you.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:18:26 AM
I declare anyone that hasn't posted in this thread yet as suspicious for lurking!

Defend yourselves!

(I say this just to at least get a start on finding out who the Mafia is)
Nolite Timere
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:01:24 AM
At 7/26/2013 12:18:26 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I declare anyone that hasn't posted in this thread yet as suspicious for lurking!

Defend yourselves!

(I say this just to at least get a start on finding out who the Mafia is)
But maybe some people just lurk more than not (like noctan last game, although lannan lurked/observed the game without logging on).
Ugh mafia is like, reverse-reverse-reverse(ad infinitum) psychology. We have no solid leads..
Senpai has noticed you.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:21:11 AM
I have no analysis.

Though, in my defense, I was right about several important points. I was just wrong on Beginner, and let myself be swayed by Lannan. Should have stuck to my initial guns, even after the mislynch.

Annoyed, but at the same time have no real opinion yet. Beginner is acting exactly the same as last game...is that a ploy to convince us he's just like that all the time? Is that a mafia ploy to convince us he's really town? My performance last game was poor, so I have no opinion.

Also I wasn't online earlier, Beginner... my computer was just still on while I visited the inlaws. I work tomorrow...so there may be a bit of lurking from me, though to be honest there probably would be anyway. In case it isn't obvious, I'm still super annoyed.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:42:24 AM
At 7/26/2013 1:21:11 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I have no analysis.

Though, in my defense, I was right about several important points. I was just wrong on Beginner, and let myself be swayed by Lannan. Should have stuck to my initial guns, even after the mislynch.

Annoyed, but at the same time have no real opinion yet. Beginner is acting exactly the same as last game...is that a ploy to convince us he's just like that all the time? Is that a mafia ploy to convince us he's really town? My performance last game was poor, so I have no opinion.

Also I wasn't online earlier, Beginner... my computer was just still on while I visited the inlaws. I work tomorrow...so there may be a bit of lurking from me, though to be honest there probably would be anyway. In case it isn't obvious, I'm still super annoyed.

It's ok, I think you're one of our best players. D:
Senpai has noticed you.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:54:56 AM
At 7/26/2013 1:21:11 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I have no analysis.

You were great last game, just easily convinced. Stick to what you think, I mean after all, no one can really be trusted in this game.
Nolite Timere
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:10:42 AM
At 7/26/2013 11:06:57 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Really guys?

Okay, last person to respond to this thread out of the living players gets VTL'd by me.

Why are you so excited, huh? Got something cool? Betch u are the mafia or something. Declare yourself!
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:12:56 AM
At 7/26/2013 11:10:42 AM, Cermank wrote:
Really guys?

Okay, last person to respond to this thread out of the living players gets VTL'd by me.

Why are you so excited, huh? Got something cool? Betch u are the mafia or something. Declare yourself!

Now we're talking!

Let's start accusing each other of sh*t!

I declare that we have wasted one day doing absolutely nothing, and that in order to get some activity and accusing going on I will therefore lynch the last person to post in this thread for lurking!
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:13:45 AM
Really guys?

Why are you so quick to blame another person of being part of the Mafia?! Only someone who doesn't want to get pointed out as Mafia themselves would do that!

Defend yourself!
Nolite Timere
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:19:16 AM
At 7/26/2013 11:13:45 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Really guys?

Why are you so quick to blame another person of being part of the Mafia?! Only someone who doesn't want to get pointed out as Mafia themselves would do that!

Defend yourself!

Notice how beginer didn't respond even though he just posted a minute or so before me. Methinks he's thinking of a strategy.

I'm the watcher. What are you, huh?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:20:17 AM
At 7/26/2013 11:12:56 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Really guys?

Now we're talking!

Let's start accusing each other of sh*t!

I declare that we have wasted one day doing absolutely nothing, and that in order to get some activity and accusing going on I will therefore lynch the last person to post in this thread for lurking!

I'll lynch you. You have that shifty look about you.