Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Johnny Depp Mafia - DP3

yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:21:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
DEAD LAST NIGHT:

drafterman

Johnny, can you hear me? Open your eyes. Johnny? Damnit, Depp, pull yourself together!

Johnny, I don't know if you can hear me but it's Tim. Tim Burton. They don't know what caused it... too many late nights, getting too into character or what... but the doctors tell me you've had some kind of psychotic break. You're comatose for hours, days at a time and when you do wake up, it's always as... someone else. Some... character.

These shrinks are stumped but I know you better than anyone and I can help you, damnit. I can get you out of this. I've got a plan, so... if you're in there... listen up.

Your name is Johnny Depp. Right now, all those voices, all those identities in your head... they don't exist. They all want to take control and they'll destroy each other and you to do it. Right now, you're on your own. You're a third party in all this, Johnny.

The doctors say you've been calling my name and I think that means something. I think you have to get rid of the characters that aren't from my movies. You hear me, Depp? If you survive until the end of this game with only the Tim Burton characters alive, you'll win! In the meantime, to give you a hand, you've got two 1-shot night phase abilities: learn a player's character and kill a player. Use them wisely.

And Johnny... you can do this.

TheAntidoter

What's eating you, Gilbert Grape? Your mom is a whale, your brother is a handful, and nothing ever happens in your town. Despite your shame, you can"t leave your family behind, and you return for Arnie's birthday party. One time, you may choose another player and throw them a birthday party. For that DP (or the following DP, should you use your ability at night), they cannot be lynched. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD:

Khaos_Mage

"You know, the only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story, the ending. And this one... is very good. This one's perfect." You are Mort Rainy from Secret Window. During your psychotic break, you discover several characters from various worlds and incorporate them into your manuscript. Each night, you may choose a player and read the role they play in your story.

Noumena

xxxxx

PLAYER LIST

1. Buddamoose
2. TUF
3. SarcasticIndeed
4. Flippant
5. Daytona
6. Royal

With 6 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch. DP2 ends no later than Saturday, July 27, 10pm DDO time (11pm EST).
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:23:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Amended:

Khaos_Mage

"You know, the only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story, the ending. And this one... is very good. This one's perfect." You are Mort Rainy from Secret Window. During your psychotic break, you discover several characters from various worlds and incorporate them into your manuscript. Each night, you may choose a player and read the role they play in your story. You win with the mafia.
Maikuru and tulle.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 10:09:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/25/2013 9:59:49 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Sarcastic is likely innocent.

Pretty sure Daytona and Budda are also town.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:08:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Tea parties with drafter, flippant and Daytona are better with crumpets.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:11:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have got a scum read on flippant. It's going to be a while before I can compile my reads on him together though, as I am very busy all week. Did flippant already full claim?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 6:38:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So we have a vig or sk. Well, whoever it was, we are pretty lucky to get drafter killed. I don't think any of us found him scummy.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 7:20:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL TUF

He believed Khaos' reviver claim even though it was obviously fake, as Budda pointed out, and when I said he was Khaos' scumbuddy, he said "Probably", basically admitting that he is scum.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:32:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 7:20:26 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
VTL TUF

He believed Khaos' reviver claim even though it was obviously fake, as Budda pointed out, and when I said he was Khaos' scumbuddy, he said "Probably", basically admitting that he is scum.

I didn't say I believed it lol. Originally I didn't want to risk killing possibly the best town role in the game. But I turned on khaos pretty hard when I looked at his behavior. So is this all you've got royal? A hasty thoughtless vote? I guess you are probably going to disappear now for another two phases as usual. Btw whacko, Yraelz took the same position on khaos that i did.

if you decide you want to be helpful please provide thoughts on flippant and Daytona.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:35:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I really need sleep, I am working 5 twelve hour shifts this week. I have a pretty good feeling on flippant being mafia. I just need some time where I am not sleeping or working to write it up.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:36:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 6:38:19 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
So we have a vig or sk. Well, whoever it was, we are pretty lucky to get drafter killed. I don't think any of us found him scummy.

Fairly sure drafter used his one shot kill the night he died.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:41:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 6:38:19 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
So we have a vig or sk. Well, whoever it was, we are pretty lucky to get drafter killed. I don't think any of us found him scummy.

Drafter killed TA. The mafia (as per Khaos' FOS killed Drafter).
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:43:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/25/2013 10:09:40 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 7/25/2013 9:59:49 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Sarcastic is likely innocent.

Pretty sure Daytona and Budda are also town.

TUF, there was a town answer and a scum answer to these statements.

Town Answer: "How do you know that those three are town?"

Scum Answer: "OMG you're confirming townies while my team is already behind. Need to keel you!"

Notice the difference?
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
NP2 was delayed so long because I finally decided I should actually read this game and use a night action. Coming out of that reading, late last night, I had settled on either Drafter or Sarcastic being scum.

Premise 1: There are only two mafiosos in this game. Considering the existence of a TP (Drafter) this game could not have started with 3x mafia. That would just be too unbalanced.

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

As for the rest of players we can do some pretty simple POE based on one fundamental question. That question is, "when are scum willing to BUS their scum buddy in this game?"

Well the answer to that question is, "not at the very beginning of DP2." Since the mafia didn't know of Drafter's TP affiliation, from their perspective, a successful bus would put the mafia at 1 vs. 6 townies. Even with the "bus credit", this is a terrible position to be in.

Furthermore, since the mafia knew that they had Sweeney Todd and he was going to janitor roles, the mafia would have had to have made the, "you claim reviver, we'll janitor, and I'll bus you" strategy from the very beginning. This seems highly unlikely.

So when Buddamoose starts DP2 by criticizing Khaos' role, and Daytona immediately bandwagons that logic, I have extreme doubts that either of them are mafia.

Thus far we have:
Sarcastic: 100% Town
Flippant: Town via role PM
Budda: Town by behavorial analysis.
Daytona: Town by behavorial analysis.
TUF: Undecided
Royal: Undecided
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:23:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This leaves a 50/50 situation between TUF and Royal.

1. Royal: She did eventually join the Khaos wagon but this was after some momentum had built, so I'm not lending a ton of town credit. However she also outed her role and, to some extent, counter claimed Khaos, which seems entirely unnecessary from a mafia perspective. What has me unhappy about Royal is her role claim. The ability to communicate with one dead townie seems utterly useless in this game. Especially considering that the first kill was janitored. Honestly, if the mafia had play this well, Royal may never have even got a chance to use her role. But even if she did, I don't know why that is useful? Just to discuss reads with the dead person? I'm very null on Royal, but if I had to just go off of play I would call her town.

2. TUF: I originally gave him a lot of town credit because he bread crumbed so early. However, as I soon realized, the frequency with which you bread crumb does not build additional town credit. At some point, continuing to bread crumb the Mad Hatter just turns into fluff posts. Like 20 fluff posts... This is a very different kind of TUF than the, "I'm going to pursue scum reads like it's nobodies business", from BTSOTST.

TUF originally sided with Khaos against Noumena during DP1, but only after Budda had suggested that Noumena seemed overly agressive. During DP2 TUF suggested that we should let Khaos prove his role, which is actually the exact opposite of how he approached me during BTSOTST. His attitude in that game was, 'if someone has scum behavior then we should lynch them instead of giving them another opportunity to hurt the town at night.' He turned around a few posts later said that a reviver does seem too powerful, but then he said he didn't want to lynch Khaos.

To me, TUF's behavior looks like he has been trying to toe a fine line between distancing himself from Khaos while simultaneously keeping Khaos alive. He suggested that he would hammer at the end of DP2, but if he is mafia, then that is a pretty empty gesture because he would know that Khaos wasn't the bomb.

VTL TUF for role claim and quite possibly death. He's probably Sweeney Todd.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:44:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I am the mafia's mis-lynch target today, huh? Fvck it, I am way way way too tired to do anything now. Just got home, and I am crashing. If I die, I die. Not going to lose sleep over a game.

For now, VTL Flippant.

I will post my read on him if I ever get a chance between sleeping and signing up for every morning overtime shift.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:46:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And I dont really care about role claiming before I go. I will be seen visiting three random players each night. Those are my tea parties I mentioned the last couple of days. Other than that I am basically a nilla.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:52:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 12:44:34 PM, TUF wrote:
So I am the mafia's mis-lynch target today, huh? Fvck it, I am way way way too tired to do anything now. Just got home, and I am crashing. If I die, I die. Not going to lose sleep over a game.

For now, VTL Flippant.

I will post my read on him if I ever get a chance between sleeping and signing up for every morning overtime shift.

The easy mafia mislynch target was Sarcastic lol... By a mile.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:53:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 12:46:53 PM, TUF wrote:
And I dont really care about role claiming before I go. I will be seen visiting three random players each night. Those are my tea parties I mentioned the last couple of days.

You don't really care but you're going to role claim anyways?

Other than that I am basically a nilla.

Basically?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:10:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM, Yraelz wrote:

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

I would agree with this, but does a roleblock stop the NK in this game?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:13:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 6:38:19 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
So we have a vig or sk. Well, whoever it was, we are pretty lucky to get drafter killed. I don't think any of us found him scummy.

wait a second... why are you automatically assuming that it was a vig or an sk. With only one kill it would make more sense to believe it was the mafia NK...

this is an uber suspicious post, it hints at inside knowledge, like he knows it can't be the mafia NK... with Yraelz coming out and saying he roleblocked sarcastic, this is too much to ignore.

VTL Sarcastic for a claim
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:13:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:10:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM, Yraelz wrote:

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

I would agree with this, but does a roleblock stop the NK in this game?

A roleblock would have to stop the mafia if there is one mafia left, which is the most likely scenario, as Yraelz pointed out.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:16:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 11:41:22 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 7/26/2013 6:38:19 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
So we have a vig or sk. Well, whoever it was, we are pretty lucky to get drafter killed. I don't think any of us found him scummy.

Drafter killed TA. The mafia (as per Khaos' FOS killed Drafter).

I am not completely convinced Drafter killed TA. His killing ability was one shot. I am not sure if he would have used it last night. I think there could be another killing role.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:16:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:13:58 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:10:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM, Yraelz wrote:

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

I would agree with this, but does a roleblock stop the NK in this game?

A roleblock would have to stop the mafia if there is one mafia left, which is the most likely scenario, as Yraelz pointed out.

no, you aren't understanding my question, would a roleblock, block the mafia NK?

see, its really a mod decision on whether a roleblock would prevent the mafia NK, or simply a regular mafia action like Khaos' rolecop. In fact in most cases, roleblocks don't stop NK's
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:18:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
wait derp there were two kills weren't there, damn serves me right for trying to make conclusions after just waking up
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:18:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
unvote
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:21:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just don't think it makes sense to say sarcastic is confirmed though, until we figure out whether a roleblock would prevent a NK tho. Its not a guaranteed thing that it would after all
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:23:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:16:50 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:13:58 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:10:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM, Yraelz wrote:

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

I would agree with this, but does a roleblock stop the NK in this game?

A roleblock would have to stop the mafia if there is one mafia left, which is the most likely scenario, as Yraelz pointed out.

no, you aren't understanding my question, would a roleblock, block the mafia NK?

see, its really a mod decision on whether a roleblock would prevent the mafia NK, or simply a regular mafia action like Khaos' rolecop. In fact in most cases, roleblocks don't stop NK's

I would have thought it stopped the NK, if only one player comprised the entire mafia. :/

Oh well.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:29:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:23:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:16:50 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:13:58 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:10:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/26/2013 11:57:24 AM, Yraelz wrote:

Premise 2: If Khaos was mafia, then there could only be one mafioso left.

So I chose Sarcastic as my mafia target and used a 1x roleblock on him. The fact that there is only one mafioso left, and the fact that the night kill still went through, means that Sarcastic is confirmed town.

I would agree with this, but does a roleblock stop the NK in this game?

A roleblock would have to stop the mafia if there is one mafia left, which is the most likely scenario, as Yraelz pointed out.

no, you aren't understanding my question, would a roleblock, block the mafia NK?

see, its really a mod decision on whether a roleblock would prevent the mafia NK, or simply a regular mafia action like Khaos' rolecop. In fact in most cases, roleblocks don't stop NK's

I would have thought it stopped the NK, if only one player comprised the entire mafia. :/

Oh well.

not necessarily, askin the mod will solve this question tho, so...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion