BEGINNERS 15.3 - Day Phase 1

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:03:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Introduction - Third Parties and Misinformation

So far you've only been playing with two parties: The Town and Mafia. This game we will introduce Third Parties. These parties are in it for themselves. They are anti-town AND anti-mafia. Third Parties are also the Parties of extreme. Some are Parties by themselves, and can't rely on help from anyone else and hardly ever win unless the game is specifically balanced to support them. Others are very powerful and can exploit whatever situation the game is to leverage a win as they really don't care who, Town or Mafia, has an advantage.

This game also introduces the concept of flavors. Flavors are the adjectives of Mafia, altering how roles work. Here are some common flavors:

These Flavors are usually made known to the player:
Even/Odd - Roles with these modifiers can only work on Even or Odd-numbered Night Phases
X-Shot - Roles with these modifiers can only be used X number of times.

These Flavors are usually hidden from the player (their role PM is that of the normal, unflavored variety):
Paranoid - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Guitly-type results. For Doctors, they role-block their target.
Naive - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Innocent-type results. For Doctors and other non-investigative roles, they do nothing.
Insane - For Cops, they receive results opposite of the Truth

The motto of last round was trust no one but yourself. The motto of this round is trust no one, not even yourself. Plenty of roles exist that can hinder the reliability of investigations. What are those? There is only one way to find out.

Set-up:

This game is Closed Setup. No roles or ratios will be revealed.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:04:03 PM
Living Players:
1. bladerunner
2. Beginner
3. Crypto
4. Cermank
5. Noctan
6. Lannan
7. daytona
8. HatStand

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch. This Day Phase will end no later than 09:00 pm DDO Time.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:44:44 PM
With these flavors, and already having difficulty with people believing them, it would seem as if the Cop role is useless imo.
Nolite Timere
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:45:03 PM
Everyone's being quiet. I blame the buggy notifications on the update.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:45:15 PM
I declare we lynch the last person to post on this thread for lurking, unless there is evidence against another person.
Nolite Timere
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:47:32 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:45:15 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I declare we lynch the last person to post on this thread for lurking, unless there is evidence against another person.

I think it would be best if we got claims or actual information before we go on a lynch party.

VTL Crypto for claim
#FeeltheFreezerBern
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:49:35 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:47:32 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I think it would be best if we got claims or actual information before we go on a lynch party.

VTL Crypto for claim

Lol. I'm just trying to get this game started, and you can't do that unless you declare a lynch!

...oh wait, I just realized we are getting this game started, because you accused me of a claim.

Well played, well played.

VTL Daytona for being so quick to actually lynch someone, perhaps attempting to make it look like they are part of the town going for the Mafia.
Nolite Timere
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:50:45 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:49:35 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

VTL Crypto for claim

Lol. I'm just trying to get this game started, and you can't do that unless you declare a lynch!

...oh wait, I just realized we are getting this game started, because you accused me of a claim.

VTL Daytona for being so quick to actually lynch someone, perhaps attempting to make it look like they are part of the town going for the Mafia.

I am not voting for you because I want your lynch. I am voting for you because I want your claim.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:55:28 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:50:45 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

VTL Crypto for claim

I am not voting for you because I want your lynch. I am voting for you because I want your claim.

Wait, I guess I may have never really caught on, but what do you guys mean by "claim"?
Nolite Timere
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:55:53 PM

VTL Crypto for claim

VTL Daytona for being so of the town going for the Mafia.

He means he wants you to out your role. This is pretty good way to get the game going for working analyses, deciphering between role claims and such. As of right now, I suggest you do as Daytona requests and just claim your role.
Senpai has noticed you.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:56:53 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:55:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

VTL Crypto for claim

Wait, I guess I may have never really caught on, but what do you guys mean by "claim"?

Claiming means outing your role or character.

Since characters haven't been introduced yet, I am asking for your role.

Therefore, I am asking for a role claim.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:00:31 PM
Your role for Beginners 15.3:

You are the Serial-Killer. You must survive to the end of the game. Each night, the serial killer may choose one player and attempt to kill them.

It's a third party role.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:00:55 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:56:53 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:55:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

VTL Crypto for claim

Claiming means outing your role or character.

Since characters haven't been introduced yet, I am asking for your role.

Therefore, I am asking for a role claim.

What is your role?
Nolite Timere
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:01:01 PM
Okay, first off, why claim? If it is a fairly important role, such as doctor or cop, it gives the mafia an idea on who to lynch.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:01:57 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:01:01 PM, Noctan wrote:
Okay, first off, why claim? If it is a fairly important role, such as doctor or cop, it gives the mafia an idea on who to lynch.

This is my problem with claiming also.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:02:26 PM
At 7/29/2013 9:44:44 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
With these flavors, and already having difficulty with people believing them, it would seem as if the Cop role is useless imo.

Ehem.
Nolite Timere
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:12:54 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:07:20 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Vote Crypto you guys. He is antitown, since he is 3rd party as a Serial Killer.

Serial killer means we have to lynch you since your third party role means you are against the town.. sorry you messed up sorry early in the game..

VTL Crypto
Senpai has noticed you.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:14:37 PM
No.

What good would that do?

You're goal is to kill the Mafia, I may not be for the town, but my goal is to kill the mafia also.

You are getting absolutely no where by killing me.
Nolite Timere
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:26:01 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:14:37 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
No.

What good would that do?

You're goal is to kill the Mafia, I may not be for the town, but my goal is to kill the mafia also.

See, if we kill the mafia, and you survive, and kill all of us, we lose. You kill people, and don't win with the town. We have to lynch all antitown players, including third parties.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:32:22 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:26:01 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
No.

What good would that do?

See, if we kill the mafia, and you survive, and kill all of us, we lose. You kill people, and don't win with the town. We have to lynch all antitown players, including third parties.

Mafia is priority.
Nolite Timere
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:36:51 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:32:41 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Especially since I am killing off the Mafia also.

We'd have to lynch you eventually anyway, and since you're basically mafia as you get night kills, you're just as important to lynch.

VTL Crypto
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:36:59 PM
No.

What good would that do?

@Daytona: I thought that the only thing a 3rd party member had to do was survive, not kill off everyone but themselves?

If his win condition is solely to survive, then we must lynch him this DP:
Crypto is technically part of the voting population. If he dies, we won't be constrained by LYLO or MYLO. Both cases forces us to not lynch him since if we do, mafia automatically wins. Lynching him is akin to a mislynch since he is not a mafia. LYLO and MYLO means that he automatically wins. We have to nip the problem at its bud. Sorry.

Our current situation reads thus (assuming there are two mafia):
DP1
2 mafia vs. 6 nonmafia

if we do a lynch this day phase, chances are we'd lynch a nonmafia (just going by sheer probability). During NP1, the mafia will kill one of us.
DP2 (most likely scenario):
2 mafia vs. 4 nonmafia (one being 3rd party) <--- MYLO
In this case, we are obligated to lynch correctly because, if we don't, mafia wins. Also, in this scenario (MYLO quite common), we cannot lynch you since if we do, it's technically considered a mislynch resulting in DP3 with 2 mafia vs. 2 nonmafia. The win either goes to you or the mafia. I do not like playing with these odds. I therefore retain my vote on you for the following DP2 scenario:
2 mafia vs. 4 town. True we go into MYLO, but it's much better than having you with us in MYLO

Basically, we automatically lose the moment a town is lynched this Day Phase (which is extremely likely).
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:38:20 PM
I'm so stupid! His win condition is obviously the same as the Mafioso: 50%+ population
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:38:45 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:38:20 PM, Beginner wrote:
I'm so stupid! His win condition is obviously the same as the Mafioso: 50%+ population

minus the '+'
Senpai has noticed you.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:47:10 PM
Okay, guys, stop.

I messed up big time. I'm going to come out for real, even though it probably means I'll be lynched/killed by the Mafia for it.

My role is the Cop

I didn't want to tell you guys because it would result in an immediate death via the Mafia.

So, I chose a role that I thought might be impartial, and that I knew could be used to help the Town.

Sadly, I did not think you guys would lynch me for not winning with the Town, I thought you guys would accept me at least until the Mafia was killed, but perhaps not.

It's up to you guys now to either continue to lynch me due to lying/not being sure if I'm telling the truth, or protect me from the Mafia via doctor.

Notice my opening post on how I stated the Cop seemed worthless.

Notice how I quoted it for seemingly no apparent reason again.

I was hoping that you guys would catch on to me covering up my role, by showing you my interest in the Cop role.

Since it would seem you guys haven't caught on I must come out now before you guys lynch me.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:47:29 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:02:26 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:44:44 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Ehem.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 10:48:11 PM
At 7/29/2013 10:00:31 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Your role for Beginners 15.3:

You are the Serial-Killer. You must survive to the end of the game. Each night, the serial killer may choose one player and attempt to kill them.

It's a third party role.

In addition, I didn't even copy the message right! This is incorrectly formatted!
Nolite Timere