Total Posts:192|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Johnny Depp Mafia - DP5

yin.yang
Posts: 428
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:17:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Tim looked up at the sound of the heart rate monitor. It had begun to beep more quickly. He glanced at the door, uncertain of whether or not to call the nurse.

"Johnny"?"

Johnny lay peacefully in his bed, eyes closed, apparently unperturbed. Quite suddenly his lips curled into a crooked smile. Then with a voice so clear, Tim was almost certain he must have woken, Johnny said, "They all deserve to die."

DEAD LAST NIGHT:

daytonanerd

"Remember, it is you, Ichabod Crane, who is now put to the test." Your investigative services are needed, now that a new threat has befallen Sleepy Hollow. There is much more than the Headless Horseman to be feared. Each night you may choose a player, and those who visit them will be revealed to you. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD:

royalpaladin

"With this ring, I ask you to be mine!" You are Victor Van Dort from The Corpse Bride. An inadvertent proposal led to your untimely descent to the underworld. You may choose one dead townie in the game to communicate with them in a PM. You win with the town.

SarcasticIndeed - Edward Scissorhands - Town
drafterman - Johnny Depp - Third Party
TheAntidoter - Gilbert Grape - Town
Khaos_Mage - Mort Rainey - Mafia
Noumena - XXXX

PLAYER LIST

1. Buddamoose
2. TUF
3. Flippant

With 3 players, it takes 2 votes to lynch. DP5 ends no later than Thursday, August 1, 2 pm DDO time (3pm EST).
Maikuru and tulle.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:21:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am pretty sure budda has to be mafia based on his results from last day phase. I am going to refrain from voting while I think about the possible outcomes though.

I visited everybody last night.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The only way budda can be town is if Flippant is the godfather. Which basically mean that budda only really had the ability to investigate khaos, IE making him really useless.

I can't help but feel a cop in a game with only two mafia is extremely unfair.

I guess I was wrong about flippant.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:28:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Like I said last DP, it was between TUF and Royal, and Royal flipped town ergo TUF is mafia

I investigated Daytona last night(just in case) but reieved no result for ovbvious reasons, but recieved no result.

VTL TUF

C'mon Flip, well at least Yraelz, FT idk what's been up with you, but you really have been doing mostly one-liners, that just have been puzzling to me. I woulda been more adamant about you supporting ur reads, but given the inno I just let you do your thing XD. Lets lynch TUF and end this game with a win.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:31:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Still going to refrain from voting in the off chance that budda is actually town, and FT hammers.

But the variable of a cop in a game with two mafia seems so overpowered to the town. Even if one of them is a godfather...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:31:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:25:25 PM, TUF wrote:
The only way budda can be town is if Flippant is the godfather. Which basically mean that budda only really had the ability to investigate khaos, IE making him really useless.

I can't help but feel a cop in a game with only two mafia is extremely unfair.

Really? Just really a "watcher" for protection? A janitor also? A role that prevents a lynch(which if a mafia is townish enough, is just as likely to be a boon to mafia?

A cop isn't in a in this set-up at all, and you know that. Cop is a common as fvck role, and is like 99% always in a game in some way shape or form. That's not even counting that I wasn't allowed to claim unless I guilted someone, or until DP4. If I don't investigate someone guilty, then in three NP's time, there is a good chance I would be NK'd.

I guess I was wrong about flippant.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:36:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:31:28 PM, TUF wrote:
Still going to refrain from voting in the off chance that budda is actually town, and FT hammers.

But the variable of a cop in a game with two mafia seems so overpowered to the town. Even if one of them is a godfather...

This isn't even a proper argumetation via balance, you are taking two variables, when there are a handful present at this point, and drawing conclusions just based off those two variables, without even factoring in any other ones. You are grasping at straws.

I got your scum buddy in Khaos, while you tried and failed to stop the lynch. Tough cookies that the game shook out this way, but it happens all the time in basic set-ups with just 1 cop 1 doc, multiple vanillas and a couple goons.

It's not overpowered for town to have 1 cop and 1 doc, 3 vanillas. While mafia has two goons, so why is it OP for there to be a cop, sans doc, while mafia has two players, being a role-cop and janitor-included role?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:37:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:31:49 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:25:25 PM, TUF wrote:
The only way budda can be town is if Flippant is the godfather. Which basically mean that budda only really had the ability to investigate khaos, IE making him really useless.

I can't help but feel a cop in a game with only two mafia is extremely unfair.

Really? Just really a "watcher" for protection? A janitor also? A role that prevents a lynch(which if a mafia is townish enough, is just as likely to be a boon to mafia?

And a cop in addition to all of this? that takes the balance it gives to the town, and pushes it overboard with a cop.

A cop isn't in a in this set-up at all, and you know that. Cop is a common as fvck role, and is like 99% always in a game in some way shape or form.

Actually not true, but I see that as good reasoning for you to fake claim it late. Also the whole "can't claim until after DP4" thing gives you a pretty good excuse to late claim.

That's not even counting that I wasn't allowed to claim unless I guilted someone, or until DP4. If I don't investigate someone guilty, then in three NP's time, there is a good chance I would be NK'd.

Not many mods make game content specific roles like this.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:36:51 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:31:28 PM, TUF wrote:
Still going to refrain from voting in the off chance that budda is actually town, and FT hammers.

But the variable of a cop in a game with two mafia seems so overpowered to the town. Even if one of them is a godfather...

This isn't even a proper argumetation via balance, you are taking two variables, when there are a handful present at this point, and drawing conclusions just based off those two variables, without even factoring in any other ones. You are grasping at straws.

I got your scum buddy in Khaos, while you tried and failed to stop the lynch. Tough cookies that the game shook out this way, but it happens all the time in basic set-ups with just 1 cop 1 doc, multiple vanillas and a couple goons.

It's not overpowered for town to have 1 cop and 1 doc, 3 vanillas. While mafia has two goons, so why is it OP for there to be a cop, sans doc, while mafia has two players, being a role-cop and janitor-included role?

If you really are your role, than why do you feel the need to justify the mods balance to me? I can see someone coming up with a fake claim trying to justify how it would fit in the game balance. But you really don't have a reason to be trying to argue with me about it, and defend the mod's balance. That's why I didn't when people accused me of my role not fitting in the game. It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:43:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:

It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.

Oh you are absolutely right, refuting scum arguments doesn't make sense at all, especially at LYLO. Love how you avoided the refutation too :)

<3 TUF, you been caught, valiant effort tho
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:45:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:43:48 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:

It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.

Oh you are absolutely right, refuting scum arguments doesn't make sense at all, especially at LYLO. Love how you avoided the refutation too :)

I said justifying the mods balance doesn't make sense, not avoiding arguing.

<3 TUF, you been caught, valiant effort tho

So intimidated.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:48:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am in no hurry. Behaviorally I think both players are likely to be scum, so I am definitely not voting yet.

I can easily see yraelz and Fourtrouble plotting to wait this at while me and budda go at each other necks, and await the chance to hammer. Not going to happen. I will wait until they make a post. If I am hammered, than too bad I suppose. I won't be the reason for town's defeat though.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:50:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Budda is mafia then honestly he deserves to win. He would have had to have planned the janitored nk with Khaos from the beginning.

I'm going to let FT weigh in on this, but I'm thinking we're taking TUF out.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:54:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:45:33 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:43:48 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:

It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.

Oh you are absolutely right, refuting scum arguments doesn't make sense at all, especially at LYLO. Love how you avoided the refutation too :)

I said justifying the mods balance doesn't make sense, not avoiding arguing.

Then 1) Respond to the refutation
2) you are also by saying it makes no sense for me to justify the mods balance, ignoring that you are scum, and because you are scum, I will refute every argument you come up with for why you are not scum.

<3 TUF, you been caught, valiant effort tho

So intimidated.

Why would I be?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:56:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:28:16 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Like I said last DP, it was between TUF and Royal, and Royal flipped town ergo TUF is mafia

I investigated Daytona last night(just in case) but reieved no result for ovbvious reasons, but recieved no result.

Why did you choose to investigate Daytona as opposed to TUF?
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:57:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:50:49 PM, Yraelz wrote:
If Budda is mafia then honestly he deserves to win. He would have had to have planned the janitored nk with Khaos from the beginning.

I'm going to let FT weigh in on this, but I'm thinking we're taking TUF out.

Mornie Utulie. We will have lost then.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:57:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL buddamoose. The fact that they haven't hammered, means they aren't mafia.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:58:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anyway, you know we're not mafia now since we didn't hammer. So... between TUF and Budda. Hmm. I think I'll go actually read the game, and then we'll make our decision.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:59:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:50:49 PM, Yraelz wrote:
If Budda is mafia then honestly he deserves to win. He would have had to have planned the janitored nk with Khaos from the beginning.

Behaviorally, I think he could have done better. I wouldn't have pushed him earlier though, because I thought other players were scummier (you). But Night Action planning wasn't bad. Town has played like sh1t.

I'm going to let FT weigh in on this, but I'm thinking we're taking TUF out.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:00:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:58:07 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Anyway, you know we're not mafia now since we didn't hammer. So... between TUF and Budda. Hmm. I think I'll go actually read the game, and then we'll make our decision.

Yeah that sounds good. I've got some work to do, I'll be back in like 1.5 hours if you want to discuss it.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:01:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 1:54:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:45:33 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:43:48 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:

It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.

Oh you are absolutely right, refuting scum arguments doesn't make sense at all, especially at LYLO. Love how you avoided the refutation too :)

I said justifying the mods balance doesn't make sense, not avoiding arguing.

Then 1) Respond to the refutation

WTF are you talking about? If you thought I was scum, why would this matter anyway? Just wondering. What does me weighing in on mod setup possibilities do to help you, if you think I am mafia anyway?

2) you are also by saying it makes no sense for me to justify the mods balance, ignoring that you are scum, and because you are scum, I will refute every argument you come up with for why you are not scum.

<3 TUF, you been caught, valiant effort tho

So intimidated.

Why would I be?

I was being sarcastic, saying I wasn't intimidated.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:03:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Town has played like such sh1t this game that I think if mafia does win, I won't be too affected.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:06:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There was no point in not voting budda I guess. They could have just as easily hammered me as they could have hammered budda, so it was impossible for flippant to be mafia.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:08:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 2:01:18 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:54:31 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:45:33 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:43:48 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2013 1:41:32 PM, TUF wrote:

It doesn't make sense to argue for the mod, unless you are generally worried about people not understanding the balance because you created the scenario.

Oh you are absolutely right, refuting scum arguments doesn't make sense at all, especially at LYLO. Love how you avoided the refutation too :)

I said justifying the mods balance doesn't make sense, not avoiding arguing.

Then 1) Respond to the refutation

WTF are you talking about? If you thought I was scum, why would this matter anyway? Just wondering. What does me weighing in on mod setup possibilities do to help you, if you think I am mafia anyway?

It doesn't help you, it is merely to show Flippant(Yraelz/FT) that you aren't making sense and are grasping at straws, which is uhh... scummy. See, I understand, that even with my results, there is still the slim chance to Yraelz/FT that I could be lying, so it makes it easier for them to make a decision, if I show how full of it you are.

Tell me, this entire time, you haven't even brought forth a substantial reason why I should be considered scum, why is this? You say behaviorally I could have been better, but go ahead and explain that. Obviously that means you think I was acting scummy, but even last DP the only reason that was at all obvious for why you were FOS'ing flip and I was because we drew a valid conclusion based off your role claim, and we're FOS'ing and voting for you. Which btw, ur behavior last DP reeks of scum omgus

2) you are also by saying it makes no sense for me to justify the mods balance, ignoring that you are scum, and because you are scum, I will refute every argument you come up with for why you are not scum.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 2:14:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/30/2013 2:14:07 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
D1, like I've said all game, Budda is clearly fvcking scum. I'll see whether D2 changes that, though.

Well yeah, but he seems nicer in DP2.