Jump to topic:

Johnny Depp Mafia - ENDGAME

yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:20:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1st place: Town (Tuf, Sarcastic, TA, Flippant, Daytona, Royal, Noumena)
2nd place: Mafia (Budda, Khaos)
3rd place: Third Party (Drafter)

Congratulations Town!!

PM's
1. Budda

They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Sweeney Todd, tell you why.

Because in all of the whole human race, Mr. Todd, there are two kinds of men and only two:
There"s the one staying put in his proper place
And the one with his foot in the other one"s face.
Look at me, Mr. Todd, look at you.

Yes they all deserve to die.
Slit their throats and then bake them in a pie.

If you take their life, you can take their name.
You may janitor a player once in the game.

They all deserve to die.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Khaos

"You know, the only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story, the ending. And this one... is very good. This one's perfect." You are Mort Rainy from Secret Window. During your psychotic break, you discover several characters from various worlds and incorporate them into your manuscript. Each night, you may choose a player and read the role they play in your story.

3. Tuf

With young Alice gone, nothing is the same,
What is a Mad Hatter to do?
It"s time for a laugh! It"s time for a game!
I think it"s time for... something new!

There are guests in town, some naughty, some nice
But all of them needing some tea.
A tea party? Yes! How many suffice?
The perfect size party is three.

Randomly visit three players each night,
Though you will do nothing to them.

Most will not see you, you"ll stay out of sight,
Though some of these guests aren"t so dim.

Though a little mad, you"re still good at heart.
You"re never seen sporting a frown.
Stop these bad men from tearing lives apart...
And clearly you win with the town!

4. Flippant

Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier weeee! Your beloved chocolate has made you a celebrity, but you prefer to remain out of the spotlight and never leave your factory. Poor childhood experiences led to your hatred of families and children so you avoid people at all costs. However, you understand that someday you will need an heir to your chocolate factory, and you can't remain hidden forever. You have the following 1x abilities: You may not be killed one night while you remain secure in your chocolate factory. You may give another player a golden ticket to visit your factory and this will protect them for that night. Lastly, you may give a player of your choice a candy, which will prevent them from using their role for the night. You win with the town.

5. Noumena

Date: 4/12/87
Time: 21:00
Case Status: High Priority, Classified

Officer Tom Hanson:

The boys upstairs have a special kind of mission for you this time, Hanson. Word is the scum in town are gathering their forces and looking to make a name for themselves by taking out the locals. Normally we'd send in a few uniforms to take them out but this new mafia is smart... too smart. They're hiding in plain sight and there's no way to spot them until it's too late.

That's where you come in, son. You've written the book on undercover investigations and spotting perps, no matter where they hide. Be the cop you're trained to be and investigate one player each night phase to learn their affiliation. But don't get cocky, these scumbags mean business. Your undercover skills will be just about the only thing that can keep you alive this time, so you cannot reveal your character or your role until DP4 OR until you get a guilty result, whichever comes first.

Remember Hanson, lives are depending on you. This town needs you and you win with the town. Good luck.

- Sergeant Judith Hoffs

Note: You may not indicate in any way that the mods are preventing you from claiming until you can actually claim.

6. TA

What's eating you, Gilbert Grape? Your mom is a whale, your brother is a handful, and nothing ever happens in your town. Despite your shame, you can"t leave your family behind, and you return for Arnie's birthday party. One time, you may choose another player and throw them a birthday party. For that DP (or the following DP, should you use your ability at night), they cannot be lynched. You win with the town.

7. Royal

"With this ring, I ask you to be mine!" You are Victor Van Dort from The Corpse Bride. An inadvertent proposal led to your untimely descent to the underworld. You may choose one dead townie in the game to communicate with them in a PM. You win with the town.

Note: You can only use your role on characters who have been confirmed town after death.

8. Sarcastic

You are Edward Scissorhands, a seriously misunderstood creature. You may not post more than 10 posts in a DP. Doing so will result in a modkill. Use them wisely. You win with the town.

Secret Mod Note: Miller

9. Daytona

"Remember, it is you, Ichabod Crane, who is now put to the test." Your investigative services are needed, now that a new threat has befallen Sleepy Hollow. There is much more than the Headless Horseman to be feared. Each night you may choose a player, and those who visit them will be revealed to you. You win with the town.

10. Drafterman

Johnny, can you hear me? Open your eyes. Johnny? Damnit, Depp, pull yourself together!

Johnny, I don't know if you can hear me but it's Tim. Tim Burton. They don't know what caused it... too many late nights, getting too into character or what... but the doctors tell me you've had some kind of psychotic break. You're comatose for hours, days at a time and when you do wake up, it's always as... someone else. Some... character.

These shrinks are stumped but I know you better than anyone and I can help you, damnit. I can get you out of this. I've got a plan, so... if you're in there... listen up.

Your name is Johnny Depp. Right now, all those voices, all those identities in your head... they don't exist. They all want to take control and they'll destroy each other and you to do it. Right now, you're on your own. You're a third party in all this, Johnny.

The doctors say you've been calling my name and I think that means something. I think you have to get rid of the characters that aren't from my movies. You hear me, Depp? If you survive until the end of this game with only the Tim Burton characters alive, you'll win! In the meantime, to give you a hand, you've got two 1-shot night phase abilities: learn a player's character and kill a player. Use them wisely.

And Johnny... you can do this.
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:21:28 PM
MOD QUESTIONS:

1. What did you think of the game overall?
2. What did you think of the way the roles were balanced?
3. How did you feel about the game mechanicss/OPs?
4. What are your suggestions for future games?

Our thoughts on game balance/mechanics:

It goes without saying that in a 10 player game, we figured 2 mafia and 1 TP seemed like the right numbers to have. We tried to imagine each faction winning on their own.

For TP to win, he would have to kill 3 players and survive to the end. One of the players was mafia, and could get lynched (he did). One of the town players could be night killed (Noumena was). And we gave him a one-shot vig to use on someone else. We figured if he pushed the right lynch and used his vig correctly, he could have a shot at winning. We also gave him a character cop to help him narrow his targets down. (He would have shown guilty to investigation though.) The difficulty would have been playing town enough to not get investigated, but flying under the mafia"s radar.

We figured that with Drafter"s vig ability mafia needed about 3 mislynches to win.

For mafia, we gave them an every night ability to target a player and read their entire role PM. This would really help with planning out night kills, especially since they had no protective abilities (eg. Godfather, ninja). They also received a janitor because, well, it"s Sweeney Todd and baking people into pies made sense :P What was meant to hinder them was their every night role being one of Drafter"s targets.

With 7 town players, we wanted to limit how many people could be confirmed by their roles so that players would have to rely on behavioural analysis. Sarcastic"s character and role claim (Edward Scissorhands) probably would have confirmed him early on"but posting was limited and would have been more of a hindrance had someone like Flippant or Tuf received that role.

TA"s role (Gilbert Grape) was confirmable but being a small game, we thought town may not want to take the risk of a mislynch by the time it was used. Tuf (Mad Hatter) was essentially vanilla and his role was designed to show up on Watcher results.

Noumena couldn"t claim his role (Officer Tom Hanson) which meant that he either had to receive a guilty result (4/10 shot on NP1) or fake claim. In case he died without being able to out any results, Royal"s role (Victor Van Dort) was to circumvent that. Royal"s role was also meant to circumvent mafia killing off experienced players early, so that she could still receive their input and advice. However, her inability to confirm her role if she used it (and she couldn"t use it NP1 because of the janitor) left her a mislynch target as well.

Flippant probably had the most solid claim, in terms of having a major character and the only protective role in the game. We also left Captain Jack Sparrow open as a fake claim, which mafia didn"t pick up on.
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:23:11 PM
Night actions

https://docs.google.com...

Player by player analysis (Maikuru will post his thoughts tomorrow)

First of all, thank you all for playing and no one having to be replaced.

1. Buddamoose

Both Maikuru and I feel he deserves MVP. His night kill choices were pretty much perfect. He correctly deduced that Noumena was the cop and janitored his claim NP1. Despite Khaos" hindrance (no offense, I know you tried) budda saw quickly that he could bus him and was townread but pretty much every player for the entire game. His play was convincing enough to stall the game for quite a bit lol. I think he did a great job.

2. Drafterman

Shooting TA was a brilliant move by Drafter, and had he survived until the end, he would have fulfilled his win condition (Noumena and Khaos were already dead). Both of us were surprised that he claimed Johnny Depp, only because it screamed third party to us. However, Khaos seemed to be the only person to pick up on that. So while he seemingly confirmed himself to town by claiming Johnny, it put a huge target on his back for the night kill. He also chararacter copped Flippant, which both Maikuru and I would have done. Did anyone else notice that Flippant got away with not claiming for the entire game? Lol I think Drafter had the best use of his night actions.

3. TUF

I think Tuf played fairly well, considering he was essentially vanilla and his role was designed to hinder him. Maikuru and I both wish he hadn"t given up near the end, allowing the DP to sort of drag in a stalemate. However, he did come through and finally post what I think was the best post of the game, explaining why it didn"t make sense for Budda to investigate himself.

4. SarcasticIndeed

Sarcastic was in a tough position because his posts were limited, but Maikuru and I both feel he could have utilized them more. Some DP"s he only posted once or twice, when he had 10 at his disposal. I think it would have been safe for him to claim Edward Scissorhands early on, which would have kept the suspicion off him a bit.

5. Khaos_Mage

I realize this is only his second time as mafia, and he were under a lot of pressure early on (from Noumena). Where the play went wrong is he took the FOS to heart too early and overreacted. Flippant said one thing and he role claimed right away. His posts were erratic and didn"t make sense a lot of the time. I face palmed hard when he said Corpse Bride bombed at the box office :p But in the mafia PM you were obviously trying really hard for your team and eager to improve your play. I think in future games you will be much better.

6. TheAntidoter

He died NP2 and unfortunately, didn"t get a chance to use his role. I think, had he claimed Gilbert Grape early on and promised to prove his role later, that may have saved him from the mafia night kill because they may have seen him as a mislynch opportunity.

7. Flippant

I"m a little disappointed FT didn"t show up until toward the end :p but great play from both of them. Lynching Royal was a good move and I think FT"s reads were on point for most of the game (if not, the whole game, I can"t remember).

8. Daytona

None of the people he watched were visited by anyone, not even Tuf, which was pretty funny to watch lol. Was largely townread by everyone and caught on early to Khaos" scumminess. The only thing I would say (and is not exclusive to Daytona) is reading the OPs gave a lot of clues about the game, which a lot of people seemed to miss.

9. Royal

Sorry, Royal, but you get LVP. From day one she failed to CC Khaos. Which is understandable, as she wasn"t online during the latter half. But even after she clearly knew his role, she still didn"t CC his character. She attacked several players and called them out for not reading, which was kind of ironic. The flamewars are not fun for anyone, and making bets during a mafia game are pointless, I think. And finally, she was very hostile when Daytona asked for her claim again, telling him to go find it. Not sure what purpose that serves for anyone, whether they"re town or mafia. In short, she hindered the town the whole way by not paying close enough attention and attacking everyone. Even when she called Budda scum, it was only OMGUS, as she does with every player who ever FOS"s her.

10. Noumena

I thought his play was fantastic and I was really impressed. It was aggressive and created a lot of activity. I really wish he hadn"t been killed NP1, as he investigated Sarcastic and would have been able to claim (and get protection) afterward.
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:23:48 PM
Wow, that is long... haha Anyway, thank you all for playing!! It was the first time modding for both of us, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:28:08 PM
Oh and one more thing---We almost mod killed Daytona for his "paraphrase" because it clearly wasn't, but then Budda did the same thing with Noumena's PM. In future games, we will have to be more explicit with what constitutes a paraphrase.
Maikuru and tulle.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:31:14 PM
At 7/31/2013 11:28:08 PM, yin.yang wrote:
Oh and one more thing---We almost mod killed Daytona for his "paraphrase" because it clearly wasn't, but then Budda did the same thing with Noumena's PM. In future games, we will have to be more explicit with what constitutes a paraphrase.

In most games, changing things like I did counts as a paraphrase. I would be curious to know how paraphrased you want roles to be in the future.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:31:46 PM
I'm on a bus to Canada right now (buses have wifi now?) so I can't post my game and player analysis until tomorrow, but a few things must be said:

1. Congrats to town! That ending was a nail biter and watching 4 elite players battle it out was quite entertaining.

2. Big props to Budda. Huge. MVP for me. His play was stellar and I don't think anyone would have minded had he actually won lol.

3. You guys are all awesome. A replacement-free game? Lol wut? As I promised, I will read and vote fairly on any debate of your choice. Please post the debate in your mafia PM for me. If it ends soon, let me know, as I'll be in Canada in 8 hours and tulle can get a little frisky when she sees me.

4. A moment of silence for royal. As a woman of her word, she will be missed.

5. LOL at drafter getting night killed the night he fulfilled his win condition :P

6. This was our first game and our much ballyhooed future game, LOST mafia, is quite ambitious. Help us make it better by telling us what you thought about this one :)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:39:24 PM
At 7/31/2013 11:31:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm on a bus to Canada right now (buses have wifi now?) so I can't post my game and player analysis until tomorrow, but a few things must be said:

1. Congrats to town! That ending was a nail biter and watching 4 elite players battle it out was quite entertaining.

2. Big props to Budda. Huge. MVP for me. His play was stellar and I don't think anyone would have minded had he actually won lol.

3. You guys are all awesome. A replacement-free game? Lol wut? As I promised, I will read and vote fairly on any debate of your choice. Please post the debate in your mafia PM for me. If it ends soon, let me know, as I'll be in Canada in 8 hours and tulle can get a little frisky when she sees me.

4. A moment of silence for royal. As a woman of her word, she will be missed.

5. LOL at drafter getting night killed the night he fulfilled his win condition :P

6. This was our first game and our much ballyhooed future game, LOST mafia, is quite ambitious. Help us make it better by telling us what you thought about this one :)

Oh believe me, James Bond mafia is going to be very ambitious as well. I don't know what you guys are planning for it, but, not giving crucial details away, I am figuring out the concept of sex in mafia for the game. I think I have got it.

Anyways, I liked the game. However, I didn't like Royal's play. I also didn't like how, even though I was the watcher, I was essentially playing blind the entire game. My watcher role only had use when it got TUF from getting his @ss to grass.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:40:16 PM
At 7/31/2013 11:31:14 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

In most games, changing things like I did counts as a paraphrase. I would be curious to know how paraphrased you want roles to be in the future.

Yeah, I'm thinking in the scholarly sense of the word. I'll C/P what I said to Tuf when he asked:

"Let's just say we wanted to modkill Daytona but our game was too small for that. We need you to describe your role PM in your own words and not simply replace a couple words here and there or add words.

So... your PM is a poem. I would not advise you copy/paste the poem and try to replace words. We're trying to get into the spirit of the game by people just describing their PM, like the fact that it's a poem and here is what it says, but in your own words.

If you're really unsure, post it here first and I'll let you know.

There is one line in your role I'd be fine with you not changing much: "Randomly visit three players each night" because there are few other ways to say that. But everything else should be in your own words for sure."

I mean, you could definitely have simply said that you are Ichabod Crane and you are the watcher because you're looking for more than the headless horseman. I'm not sure where the SOP mafia paraphrasal came from lol
Maikuru and tulle.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:46:38 PM
Another example is, an appropriate paraphrase of Noumena's role would have been this:

"My PM is set up like a report. It's dated and signed by Seargent Judith Hoffs [or whatever her name was]. I'm Officer Tom Hanson from 21 Jump Street. I couldn't claim until I got a guilty result because I'm an undercover cop".

That's a paraphrase.

Ohh I just remembered: A subtle thing no one noticed is that the letter to Officer Tom Hanson was dated for 1987, which means he was from 21 Jump Street, the TV show, not the movie. We thought that may have come into play as well.
yang.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:59:46 PM
I had an enjoyable time playing the game for sure. Felt it was well balanced, and had a blast conversating in the mafia PM.

FT definitely gets best town player, with TUF a close second, for his post that essentially sealed me as mafia right at the end.

Khaos definitely will be better at mafia in the future, he just needs to get a feel for when it's best to just keep quiet, remain calm, and not claim.

Other than that, like I said, great game
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:01:57 AM
and it wasn't a matter of, I could bus him, it was a matter of I had to bus him in regards to Khaos. His role claim made his all but guaranteed his death
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:14:28 AM
At 7/31/2013 11:59:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

FT definitely gets best town player, with TUF a close second, for his post that essentially sealed me as mafia right at the end.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Re: Tuf, yeah, when I read that I was like OH SNAP!!!
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:24:27 AM
At 8/1/2013 12:17:53 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I really did have fun with this game though. I am glad Maikuru invited me to join this after Star Wars mafia.

I'm glad ^_^

I was so proud of us having gone through our first game, mistake free, but then I forgot to post the end-scene Maikuru wrote for when Budda died :(

But we had a lot of fun modding and talked about the game all the time.
yang.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 1:28:27 AM
Fun game! I'll add thoughts later when I am not on a cell phone. For now I have some questions.

1. If royal contacted nouema would he be able to tell her his old role?

2. budda, why did you claim cop? You realize if you didn't pursue me I would have easily pursued flippant during the last day phase guaranteeing you a win?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 1:31:05 AM
This game is a perfect example of why town needs to constantly be updating claims list. I don't know how royal didn't know khaos claimed victor... But from her posts its apparent there was a significant lack of reading anyway.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 1:34:03 AM
Btw I totes would give noumena the MVP lol. Him and Daytona were my only town reads this whole game. This game really exemplifies how great noumena is. His problem is that he goes through spurts of inactivity...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 1:41:47 AM
At 8/1/2013 1:28:27 AM, TUF wrote:
Fun game! I'll add thoughts later when I am not on a cell phone. For now I have some questions.

1. If royal contacted nouema would he be able to tell her his old role?

2. budda, why did you claim cop? You realize if you didn't pursue me I would have easily pursued flippant during the last day phase guaranteeing you a win?

Good question, I suppose because I was under the thought process that it would help push things even further in the right direction. Meh, it happens
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 2:25:12 AM
This looked like a well constructed game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 3:15:43 AM
Yin.Yang, I think the game was well balanced and everything.

However, what I am curious about is why my fake claim of revivor was "unbalanced", yet Royal's actual role would have been just as unbalanced. What am I missing? I doubt a janitored player would be revived, since there is nothing left of them (I wouldn't allow it in my game).

Also, I find it odd that everyone is thinking I overreacted to Noumena. Him saying I scum-slip all the time is not true, and it upset me. If I were town, I am pretty sure I would have reacted the same way, so I don't understand why that made me suspicious.
My work here is, finally, done.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 3:56:41 AM
I'm at a bus station somewhere outside Buffalo (read: living the life), so I can't say much. Concerning royal's role, though, check out her pm. It has a note saying that it can only be used on players who have been confirmed town after death. So, she could not use it on the janitored player.

The purpose of her role was to potentially gather results (watcher, cop) from a night killed player, as well as continue discussion and behavior analysis from an experienced player, should they be killed early. If you notice, many town roles were either null or quite limited in the hopes of having players focus on discussion and analysis.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:43:03 AM

9. Royal

Sorry, Royal, but you get LVP. From day one she failed to CC Khaos. Which is understandable, as she wasn"t online during the latter half. But even after she clearly knew his role, she still didn"t CC his character. She attacked several players and called them out for not reading, which was kind of ironic. The flamewars are not fun for anyone, and making bets during a mafia game are pointless, I think. And finally, she was very hostile when Daytona asked for her claim again, telling him to go find it. Not sure what purpose that serves for anyone, whether they"re town or mafia. In short, she hindered the town the whole way by not paying close enough attention and attacking everyone. Even when she called Budda scum, it was only OMGUS, as she does with every player who ever FOS"s her.

FourTrouble and his rat started the flame wars by insulting me: (page 1 of DP4: FT's first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:06:48 PM, the dog's first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:12:49 PM, FT's second insult was at 7/29/2013 11:13:36 PM, and my first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:13:46 PM).

So, given that I insulted someone a full seven minutes after I was first insulted, I'd like to know why the blame for the flamewar is being pinned on me. Why is FT never held responsible for his actions? Why does he always get a free pass to do as he pleases with impunity?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:45:16 AM
"4. A moment of silence for royal. As a woman of her word, she will be missed."

Right, this totally isn't a double standard. I'm supposed to be honest, but FT isn't. Nobody cares that he started the flame war and that he if he was honest, he would have left the website a year ago. Instead, I'm supposed to accept the insults and leave the site because I'm garbage and he's some sort of god.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 7:05:12 AM
You're right---FT insulted you first, but I don't think it had to escalate the way that it did. A normal response would have been to acknowledge you made a mistake and didn't see Khaos' claim :/
yang.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 7:37:51 AM
At 8/1/2013 6:43:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

9. Royal

FourTrouble and his rat started the flame wars by insulting me: (page 1 of DP4: FT's first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:06:48 PM, the dog's first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:12:49 PM, FT's second insult was at 7/29/2013 11:13:36 PM, and my first insult was at 7/29/2013 11:13:46 PM).

So, given that I insulted someone a full seven minutes after I was first insulted, I'd like to know why the blame for the flamewar is being pinned on me. Why is FT never held responsible for his actions? Why does he always get a free pass to do as he pleases with impunity?

Because you take it too far and completely overshadow how it started. Someone cuts you off in traffic so you murder their entire family and try and argue that you are "innocent" and justified.

Besides, I personally don't care about the flame war, I just think this whole betting people to leave this site is childish bullsh1t that I only see you do, which should have ended when you reneged on the first time you lost.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 7:38:35 AM
At 8/1/2013 6:45:16 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
"4. A moment of silence for royal. As a woman of her word, she will be missed."

Right, this totally isn't a double standard. I'm supposed to be honest, but FT isn't. Nobody cares that he started the flame war and that he if he was honest, he would have left the website a year ago. Instead, I'm supposed to accept the insults and leave the site because I'm garbage and he's some sort of god.

Now, you're supposed to leave the site because that's what you said you would do.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 9:19:25 AM
I insulted royal cause at this point I honestly don't give a fvck anymore. If she can't deal with someone calling her "achingly stupid" in mafia, then she really shouldn't be playing the game at all.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:14:13 AM
This game was a ton of fun to spectate on. I was pretty certain FT was scum until he refused to hammer just based on the lack of contribution early on. But that was a great job coming through in the end and winning it for town. Wonder why it took so long. TUF was really obvious town. Budda played great as well and really should have gone for FT rather than TUF. I totally bought TUF's case on FT. I thought Royal was scum too - really bad play. FT made the right choice with that lynch because if you had lynched TUF instead, town would have lost as Royal votes FT and Budda would have hammered. Btw, drafter was so close.