Total Posts:652|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Eternal Nightmare Mafia Eclipse Phase 1

Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:15:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Earth... Year 7098... March 12th... Sunday... Who am I? Where did you find me? In a spacecraft! Why would I be there? You don't know? I guess you're right. I had ID on me that says my name is Edgar? And where is this place? Paradisia? I don't remember a city called Paradisia. What is all of this dust? It has been here since you can remember? Okay. I should go take a look around." - Video Log of the Paradisia Medical Center, Room 26, on Sunday, March 12th, 7098. A mysterious man named Edgar was discovered several miles West of the city in The Wastelands. He seems to have lost his memory.

-------

"Most people don't remember their past anymore. They just do what they do. And there is this strange dust on the Earth. Nobody knows where is came from or what it does. A few people claim to be effected by it; they say that it gives them some sort of powers. Most people who spend too much time in it end up suffering from amnesia though. We think this is why none of us know who we are, or where we are from. We found you in The Wastelands, it is likely that the dust caused your memory loss. What we don't understand is why you were in what resembles a space craft. Space exploration ended over 4,000 years ago. Perhaps you were traveling and saw its wreckage as refuge. I suggest you stay here for a little while. This town is called Paradisia. Now it doesn't look like much, but after a bit of time it will feel like home. The people are warm and welcoming here, and we all stick together." - Serenity, Mayor of Paradisia to Edgar, March 13th, 7098.

-------

March 27th, 7098

"Who is this? Where did you find him?" asked Serenity.
"I don't know who he is, but he looks familiar. I went back into the Wastelands to search the spacecraft's wreckage for any sign of who I am, and I found him. He was unconscious so I brought him back here to get him out of the dust" explained Edgar.
"Do you know how dangerous spending time in the dust it? You could lose your memory again, you could forget everything!" cried Serenity.
"I have already lost everything. What difference would losing the last two weeks of my memory make?" he laughed.

-------

"You don't know your name you say? There was no I.D. on you. Do you remember anything? Nothing? Well then, I suppose we shall call you Alpha, for you are both the first person to be found with no memory and no I.D., and the first person I have ever seen that is as ugly as you are. Maybe you should go play in the dust, I hear it is cleansing on the skin." - Video Log of the Paradisia Medical Center, Room 4, March 27th, 7098. Jet, the leading memory analyst in Paradisia, attempted to determine basic information about Alpha.

-------

March 29th, 7098

"A strangely powerful lightning storm is approaching the city. But how? There are no nearby sources of water. We have to obtain out water from the ocean, 58 miles to the East, and desalinize it in the city. The rain is making the sand surrounding the city turn muddy and the buildings are shaking. Have the Gods forsaken us? Wait, there is a woman in the storm! Somebody has to rescue her! Isabella! Assemble a task force and..."
"No! Serenity, you know what the dust does to people. I will not risk my life, or the lives of a task force to rescue one person whom we have never seen before."
"Fine. I will go. The dust doesn't seem to affect me, I will go alone and rescue her" interjected Alpha. He left before anybody could stop him, or even question his sanity.

-------

March 29th, 7098

"Go away!" shouted the woman. Is she... flying? It looks as if she is controlling the storm, orchestrating it with her hands. What in the name of... A lightning bolt struck just short of my feet.
"I said to go away!"
"Who are you, and what are you doing? I have come to help you."
"It doesn't matter, you don't belong here."
"Are you controlling the storm? How?"
"It. Doesn't. Matter. Leave before you cannot turn back. If you don't let me finish my task then everyone in Paradisia will cease to exist. You have to let me finish." I looked behind her and saw the spacecraft's wreckage. She was trying to destroy it! But why? Suddenly another lightning bolt struck, ever closer. I left her and returned to Paradisia.

-------

"We never returned to the spacecraft, there was no reason to assume that this mysterious woman failed. Everything was normal in Paradisia for some time after that incident." - Alpha's Journal, April 17th, 7098.

-------

November 8th, 7098

"Aurelius, could you please turn on the lights? It has gotten dark early today, and I have to finish this report for the town council." requested Serenity.
Click. Click. Click.
"The power seems to be out, Madame." the man responded. Serenity moved to open the curtains when she suddenly paused.
"What is the matter, Madame?" the man asked.
"The Sun... It has been blocked by a sea of dust..."

-----

"Every since that day we have had no daylight. The Sun has been eclipsed by dust, it looks to be of the same composition as that on Earth. This only raises question as to where the dust comes from. Everybody in Paradisia is terrified. The entire atmosphere has changed. Nobody is happen anymore. The streets are empty, the stores no longer have visiting customers and must deliver their goods, but even the deliverymen are full of gloom. We all hope that this passes soon, but it does not seem that the dust is moving. The holiday season this year has been filled with horror rather than celebration. Some people are beginning to lose their insanity. I fear for the worst." - Edgar, speaking to Alpha on December 22nd, 7098.

-------

Day Phases have been replaces with Eclipse Phases. Due to the fear caused by the eclipsing on the Sun, nobody has the courage to take action publicly. Voting must be done in your role PMs. I will provide official vote counts in the DP, but will not list the names of who has voted or whom they have voted for. With 12 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to lynch. This Day Phase will end at Midnight EST, 11pm DDO time, Wednesday, August 7th.

Living Players

1. TUF
2. Budda
3. Khaos
4. Drafter
5. FlippantBouyancy
6. FrackJack
7. Noctan
8. Bull
9. IFLY
10. Maikuru
11. Beginner
12. mattrodstrom

Replacements

1. Ober
2. JonMilne
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:28:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I win with the town.

Lucky, we're allowed to say who we voted for in this thread, right?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:32:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 11:28:04 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I win with the town.

Lucky, we're allowed to say who we voted for in this thread, right?

Yes.

BTW, standard rules apply. No PMs about the game without Mod consent, no screenshots AT ALL, you must paraphrase your role pm heftily, HEFTILY, no anagraming your role PM. If you think you might be punished for it, ask first.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:36:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Cool. I'm voting for beginner for posting in the wrong announcement PM.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:38:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 11:32:49 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
BTW, standard rules apply. No PMs about the game without Mod consent, no screenshots AT ALL, you must paraphrase your role pm heftily, HEFTILY, no anagraming your role PM. If you think you might be punished for it, ask first.

Hey!! That only affects me! I demand access to anagrams!!!
Noctan
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:48:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, my role has the most British name evar. The character, anyway.

VTL Beginner for being a beginner.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:59:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 11:48:02 PM, Noctan wrote:
Well, my role has the most British name evar. The character, anyway.

VTL Beginner for being a beginner.

You can't vote in the thread, only the pm's. My vote in my pm hasn't been posted yet. I'm predicting that this voting mechanic is going to be a huge pain in lucky's asss lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:07:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 11:47:10 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Were the roles purely randomized?

As always.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:08:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
About to Fade Away

Beginner - 2/7
Flip - 1/7
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:10:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Some initial thoughts:

1. Kudos to lucky on a cool story so far and a creative writing style :). I didn't pick up much from the story aside from some exposition, character names, and possible character alignments. I will make some detailed character lists later when I'm not typing from a phone.

2. The voting mechanic is obviously very scum sided. Votes need to be announced here and frequent vote counts will be essential.

3. Beginner is online. Just sayin.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:15:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:08:04 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
About to Fade Away

Beginner - 2/7
Flip - 1/7

Did you vote for yourself, yraelz?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:16:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 11:48:02 PM, Noctan wrote:
Well, my role has the most British name evar. The character, anyway.

VTL Beginner for being a beginner.

Did you vote for beginner in your pm?

This voting thing is already annoying lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:18:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:15:35 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/4/2013 12:08:04 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
About to Fade Away

Beginner - 2/7
Flip - 1/7

Did you vote for yourself, yraelz?

Yeah lol, but then FT told me I was an idiot. =,(
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:46:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Playing one more game of league of legends, will be more active in about 20minutes-1hr
Senpai has noticed you.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:49:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:46:33 AM, Beginner wrote:
Playing one more game of league of legends, will be more active in about 20minutes-1hr

Why can't you just character claim? It would of taken less effort than writing that sentence.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:51:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:47:45 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
About to Fade Away

Beginner - 3/7

No more votes on beginner. In fact, I don't think we should get people at all close to lynching in this game unless that is our intention. There are probably 3-4 scum in this game, meaning they can easily group hammer.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:52:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, time to realize some things.

There are probably 3 mafia who can vote without us knowing who they were. Which means that having 7 votes to lynch is inaccurate. In reality L-3 can result in a quickhammer without us knowing who did it.

Presently it should be assumed that it takes 4 votes to lynch. Which puts beginner at L-1.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:53:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:51:49 AM, Maikuru wrote:
No more votes on beginner. In fact, I don't think we should get people at all close to lynching in this game unless that is our intention. There are probably 3-4 scum in this game, meaning they can easily group hammer.

-.- (goes back to working out... dejectedly)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:54:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:53:12 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 8/4/2013 12:51:49 AM, Maikuru wrote:
No more votes on beginner. In fact, I don't think we should get people at all close to lynching in this game unless that is our intention. There are probably 3-4 scum in this game, meaning they can easily group hammer.

-.- (goes back to working out... dejectedly)

It's not all bad, I'm town reading you pretty solidly now =D. We should work together this game. FT can't take care of you the way I can.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:56:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:54:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
It's not all bad, I'm town reading you pretty solidly now =D. We should work together this game. FT can't take care of you the way I can.

Yeah, FT called me a nazi in our PM. I'd much rather work with you.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 12:57:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:56:50 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 8/4/2013 12:54:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
It's not all bad, I'm town reading you pretty solidly now =D. We should work together this game. FT can't take care of you the way I can.

Yeah, FT called me a nazi in our PM. I'd much rather work with you.

"It never lasts long." - Tulle
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:00:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For the sake of simplicity I'm just going to term this twilight lynching or TL (to factor the +3 votes).

Beginner you're at TL-1. You should claim.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:01:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 1:00:35 AM, Yraelz wrote:
For the sake of simplicity I'm just going to term this eclipse lynching or EL (to factor the +3 votes).

Beginner you're at EL-1. You should claim.

Fix'd
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:01:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 12:57:25 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 8/4/2013 12:56:50 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 8/4/2013 12:54:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
It's not all bad, I'm town reading you pretty solidly now =D. We should work together this game. FT can't take care of you the way I can.

Yeah, FT called me a nazi in our PM. I'd much rather work with you.

"It never lasts long." - Tulle

I'm defenseless against these jokes LOL
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:12:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I counted like six characters from the OP.
I think we should all soft-claim our character by stating if they are in the OP or not.

My character is not mentioned in the OP.
My work here is, finally, done.