Jump to topic:

BEGINNERS 15.3 - End Game

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:28:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The serial killer (TN05) kills Noctan while the remaining Mafia (John) kills TN05 and roleblocks Beginner. This leaves just John and Beginner, and the Mafia Wins!

I was hoping that TN05 and John would kill each other for a surprising Town Win, but oh well.

Dramatis Personae:
1. bladerunner - Miller - Town
2. Beginner - Jack of All Trades (1x Doc, 1x Cop, 1x Vig) - Town
3. Crypto - Cop - Town (Mod Note: Was Naive; would only get innocent investigations)
4. Cermank - Godfather - Town
5. Noctan - Odd-Night Watcher - Town
6. TN05 (Lannan) - Serial Killer - 3rd Party
7. JohnMilne (daytona) - Roleblocker - Mafia
8. HatStand - Doctor - Town

Analysis:
Beginner protected himself NP1 and HatStand protected Noctan NP1, negating both NKs. There was some good back-and-forth analysis and I liked the activity.

Players shouldn't be too concerned about winning and losing. I don't design these games to be balanced, I design them to give players the most exposure to the concepts they are most likely to experience in "real" games. Many of these games are, or can be, extremely biased toward Town or Mafia wins.

Don't fret, there is but a single game left in the series! You've almost made it!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:32:00 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:28:49 PM, drafterman wrote:
The serial killer (TN05) kills Noctan while the remaining Mafia (John) kills TN05 and roleblocks Beginner. This leaves just John and Beginner, and the Mafia Wins!

I was hoping that TN05 and John would kill each other for a surprising Town Win, but oh well.

Dramatis Personae:
3. Crypto - Cop - Town (Mod Note: Was Naive; would only get innocent investigations)
4. Cermank - Godfather - Mafia

Analysis:
Beginner protected himself NP1 and HatStand protected Noctan NP1, negating both NKs. There was some good back-and-forth analysis and I liked the activity.

Players shouldn't be too concerned about winning and losing. I don't design these games to be balanced, I design them to give players the most exposure to the concepts they are most likely to experience in "real" games. Many of these games are, or can be, extremely biased toward Town or Mafia wins.

Don't fret, there is but a single game left in the series! You've almost made it!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:35:33 PM

Darn you, Beginner! Once you said you would target Noctan, I was going to target John and get an easy win. Once you switched and targeted him, I went after Noctan. Should have expected mafia would have a roleblocker.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:41:02 PM
Analysis:

Wait a second. I wanted to kill Daytona (John) day one. If HatStand protected Noctan, why did Daytona live?
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:47:16 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:41:02 PM, TN05 wrote:
Analysis:

Wait a second. I wanted to kill Daytona (John) day one. If HatStand protected Noctan, why did Daytona live?

That's actually a good question. Is that a typo on your part, Drafter?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:48:04 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:41:02 PM, TN05 wrote:
Analysis:

Sorry, HatStand did protect Daytona. I was going off of memory.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:53:13 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:50:19 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Incidentally, Drafter, how would you analyse my performance?

I'd like to know this as well. Not sure how well I performed compared to other serial killer performances.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 1:56:34 PM
There's no question as to my performance.. it was horrid. I was utterly convinced by myself.. and I was utterly wrong.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 2:00:37 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:35:33 PM, TN05 wrote:

Darn you, Beginner! Once you said you would target Noctan, I was going to target John and get an easy win. Once you switched and targeted him, I went after Noctan. Should have expected mafia would have a roleblocker.

yeah, I shouldn't have revealed the vigilante part.. at this point, I seriously thought Jon was SK, and was hoping he'd NK Noctan who I believed was mafia. Every single read I made was point on point, wronggggggggggggg holy beeswax. D':
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 2:04:09 PM

Dramatis Personae:
4. Cermank - Godfather - Town

Analysis:

The people who I suspected the most turn out to be town, the two people I town-read turn out to be mafia, /ragequits. That said, I look forward to Beginner's 15.4. I seriously think everyone should participate as much as possible. We should start with role claims to get working analyses going.. then reads.
Senpai has noticed you.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 2:05:48 PM
At 8/5/2013 1:50:19 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Incidentally, Drafter, how would you analyse my performance?

I'd say you did well. To be honest, I don't get down into the Walls-o-Text, as I'm mainly concentrating on the Vote Count and staying out of the game. Getting involved is important and I think players should be focused on activity and work on refining analyses as they get along.

This is the best batch of Beginners I've had so far.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 2:07:08 PM
Guys please behave consistently. If we allow contradictory behavior, we're allowing the mafia to also act thus. The mafia can then make up a bunch of things to cover discrepancies at will without having to worry about being called on for inconsistency or contradiction. Inconsistency should not be tolerated. Please don't make inconsistent or unnecessary errors. Honestly, I'd jump on you immediately for them.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 2:08:08 PM
At 8/5/2013 2:07:08 PM, Beginner wrote:
Guys please behave consistently. If we allow contradictory behavior, we're allowing the mafia to also act thus. The mafia can then make up a bunch of things to cover discrepancies at will without having to worry about being called on for inconsistency or contradiction. Inconsistency should not be tolerated. Please don't make inconsistent or unnecessary errors. Honestly, I'd jump on you immediately for them.

Unless you have a very plausible, probable and believable explanation
Senpai has noticed you.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 3:28:49 PM
We can't always control consistency, Beginner, nor should we want to.

I stand by my quiet-ness...I got to observe and participate without muddying the waters with a wall-o-my-own-analysis.

Plus I had no idea how to play the Miller, and I really was busy at work. (Side note: I had several real heart attacks, couple strokes, and a snake bite. It was an exciting tour).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 3:53:42 PM
At 8/5/2013 3:28:49 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Then town shall never win.

I stand by my quiet-ness...I got to observe and participate without muddying the waters with a wall-o-my-own-analysis.
Quietness does not benefit the town. A lurker who lurks all game and doesn't actively give analysis is not helping the town find scum.

Plus I had no idea how to play the Miller, and I really was busy at work. (Side note: I had several real heart attacks, couple strokes, and a snake bite. It was an exciting tour).
Heart attacks and strokes? I'm sorry to hear that.. Are you a wilderness tourguide or something?
Senpai has noticed you.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 4:03:50 PM
At 8/5/2013 3:53:42 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 8/5/2013 3:28:49 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Then town shall never win.

Consistency in behavior is not the same as consistency in comments.

That you've been consistently accusatory doesn't work in yours, or the town's, favor. If you pull up mafia you'll just....stay accusatory.

Quietness does not benefit the town. A lurker who lurks all game and doesn't actively give analysis is not helping the town find scum.

I actually did provide some analysis. That I didn't post in a flurry isn't necessarily harmful, any more than actually posting in a flurry necessarily helps; neither one of us did a bang-up job this round, your blustery confidence notwithstanding.

Heart attacks and strokes? I'm sorry to hear that.. Are you a wilderness tourguide or something?

Paramedic.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 4:10:19 PM
At 8/5/2013 2:08:08 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 8/5/2013 2:07:08 PM, Beginner wrote:

Unless you have a very plausible, probable and believable explanation
Like growing and evolving as a player?
My work here is, finally, done.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 5:05:00 PM
At 8/5/2013 3:18:58 PM, JonMilne wrote:
When can we expect 15.4 to begin?

I am pinging Rocket to replace Cermank. If he doesn't respond tonight I'll move down the list till I get to someone that will.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 5:58:55 PM
At 8/5/2013 5:05:00 PM, drafterman wrote:

I am pinging Rocket to replace Cermank. If he doesn't respond tonight I'll move down the list till I get to someone that will.

Now that YYW is back, he might...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 6:15:46 PM
At 8/5/2013 5:58:55 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

YYW is dead to me. I'm removing my fake support for his non-bid to Presidency.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 6:18:38 PM
At 8/5/2013 6:15:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/5/2013 5:58:55 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

YYW is dead to me.

LOL
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:33:37 AM
I apologize for not being as active in the mafia pm as I was with the previous two groups. That said, John played really well, and probably didn't need a lot of help. I was pretty impressed by his play.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 10:09:02 AM
NP1 I watched Cermank, but as he was the Godfather no results were given. Aw.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 11:06:58 AM
At 8/6/2013 10:09:02 AM, Noctan wrote:

HA. I wonder who killed me. :'(
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 11:40:39 AM
At 8/6/2013 11:06:58 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/6/2013 10:09:02 AM, Noctan wrote:

HA. I wonder who killed me. :'(

I killed you. I expected you to be town, not mafia. :P