6. JohnMilne
7. HatStand
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:08:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Seriously, who smurfed me? I am 100% certain someone smurfed me, and you better have good reason to have done so, because I am Dreamy Smurf and my dreaming does not work when I am smurfed.

Also, vote to smurf Crypto for role claim.
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:14:54 PM
At 8/8/2013 2:37:33 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
VTL noctan for a claim.

.....Again, there is absolutely no point in claiming. It would be idiotic.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:19:17 PM
Well, someone's most likely a doctor or something like that because there was no nightkill, or do mafia get no nightkill after someone was modkilled?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:21:17 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:14:54 PM, Noctan wrote:
VTL noctan for a claim.

At least claim your affiliation, then.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:49:16 PM
VTL noctan for a claim.

This. We already established last game that we shouldn't claim roles since it screws over power roles that work with the Town.

I'd rather not risk Noctan being a power role then getting screwed over.

I win with Town.

^ Then again what I just said is also pretty pointless since everyone can say that with little to no consequences. We need to find some middle ground in questioning so that we can protect town power roles while still being able to screw over the Mafia.
Nolite Timere
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:58:36 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:49:16 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
VTL noctan for a claim.

This. We already established last game that we shouldn't claim roles since it screws over power roles that work with the Town.

I'd rather not risk Noctan being a power role then getting screwed over.

I win with Town.

^ Then again what I just said is also pretty pointless since everyone can say that with little to no consequences. We need to find some middle ground in questioning so that we can protect town power roles while still being able to screw over the Mafia.

Unsmurf
Vote to smurf HatStand for affiliation claim
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:36:07 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:21:17 PM, TN05 wrote:
VTL noctan for a claim.

At least claim your affiliation, then.

No point other than the possibility of a lie detector, but just in case :

I win with the town.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 10:20:26 PM
Nobody's asked me yet, but I also win with town.

We need more chatter, though; who knew Beginner's constant posting was useful?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 2:54:05 AM
I win with Town.

^This. Sweet Jesus, this. I said precisely the same thing in the WWE Mafia game, that we needed to find out who was town by other methods, because anyone can say it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's true, and even now that I know how the lie detector works, there's no way that the lie detector role isn't balanced out by some other role that would hinder that investigation.

In any case, I win with town.

Last night's results were really unhelpful. While it's good we retained town members, last night could have given us a hell of a lot more to go on had someone been NKed. In any case, the one positive thing that came from the last night phase is that I found out Bladerunner didn't do anything, and since he says he's town, I'm inclined to believe him.

So we're just left, in this Day Phase, with TN05 and RocketEngineer. Rocket's pretty suspicious since he pointless VTLed Noctan for a general claim. TN05 strikes me as even more suspicious however since he asked Noctan to "At least claim your affiliation, then" and has VTLed Hatstand for an affiliation claim, and yet has not done the same of himself and has not claimed to be town.

So, VTL TN05 for affiliation claim.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 3:11:18 AM
At 8/9/2013 2:54:05 AM, JonMilne wrote:
I win with Town.

^This. Sweet Jesus, this. I said precisely the same thing in the WWE Mafia game, that we needed to find out who was town by other methods, because anyone can say it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's true, and even now that I know how the lie detector works, there's no way that the lie detector role isn't balanced out by some other role that would hinder that investigation.

Last night's results were really unhelpful. While it's good we retained town members, last night could have given us a hell of a lot more to go on had someone been NKed. In any case, the one positive thing that came from the last night phase is that I found out Bladerunner didn't do anything, and since he says he's town, I'm inclined to believe him.

So we're just left, in this Day Phase, with TN05 and RocketEngineer. Rocket's pretty suspicious since he pointless VTLed Noctan for a general claim. TN05 strikes me as even more suspicious however since he asked Noctan to "At least claim your affiliation, then" and has VTLed Hatstand for an affiliation claim, and yet has not done the same of himself and has not claimed to be town.

TN05 already pretty much claimed Dreamer, which is a town role.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 3:13:31 AM
Just putting it out there. Who here knows anything about Smurfs? Because I for one know nothing. We need some people in-the-know so we can actually take advantage of the theme.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 3:20:02 AM
At 8/9/2013 3:11:18 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 8/9/2013 2:54:05 AM, JonMilne wrote:
I win with Town.

TN05 already pretty much claimed Dreamer, which is a town role.

Just looked through the previous thread. I've just seen the claim. Thanks.

Unvote.

So that essentially confirms that Lie Detector is useless. Six out of 7 people have claimed town, and they can't all be telling the truth since there needs to be two mafia and quite possibly a 3rd party too.

Still, since we've got nothing else to go off, RocketEngineer remains the only player so far to not have claimed to be town.

VTL RocketEngineer for affiliation claim.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 6:06:16 AM
The only post RocketEngineer has made so far, over both threads, apart from voting to lynch Noctan (without apparent motive) was to stop Beginner pestering TN05. Considering that TN05 is the Dreamer (and therefore town) it seems likely that either Rocket was buddying, or they are both innocent. However, if TN05 is guilty, then that sheds a lot of doubt on Rocket. TN05, would you mind terribly if you told us of your next dream, so we can have that person confirm your identity?
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 6:08:15 AM
At 8/9/2013 6:06:16 AM, Hatstand wrote:
The only post RocketEngineer has made so far, over both threads, apart from voting to lynch Noctan (without apparent motive) was to stop Beginner pestering TN05. Considering that TN05 is the Dreamer (and therefore town) it seems likely that either Rocket was buddying, or they are both innocent. However, if TN05 is guilty, then that sheds a lot of doubt on Rocket. TN05, would you mind terribly if you told us of your next dream, so we can have that person confirm your identity?

Apparent motive for choosing Noctan, I should say.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 6:09:44 AM
At 8/8/2013 8:19:17 PM, Noctan wrote:
Well, someone's most likely a doctor or something like that because there was no nightkill, or do mafia get no nightkill after someone was modkilled?

Can any of the more experienced players answer this question? I think it would be good info to have.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 8:17:15 AM

Unsmurf

Of course; I would have told you a dream tonight, but somebody visited me, meaning I couldn't dream. That kind of put me in a poor spot since I promised yesterday that I would reveal my role. I would really, really like to know who targeted me because that person is probably mafia since I hinted I had a powerful, town-friendly role.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 10:04:05 AM
At 8/9/2013 8:17:15 AM, TN05 wrote:

Unsmurf

Of course; I would have told you a dream tonight, but somebody visited me, meaning I couldn't dream. That kind of put me in a poor spot since I promised yesterday that I would reveal my role. I would really, really like to know who targeted me because that person is probably mafia since I hinted I had a powerful, town-friendly role.

Assuming, of course, that you are in fact a dreamer. It could just have been that your other role besides executing kills for the Mafia got blocked and then the Mafia failed to kill their target for some reason. Mysteries, mysteries...
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:16:12 PM
At 8/9/2013 10:04:05 AM, JonMilne wrote:

Unsmurf

Assuming, of course, that you are in fact a dreamer. It could just have been that your other role besides executing kills for the Mafia got blocked and then the Mafia failed to kill their target for some reason. Mysteries, mysteries...

Seeing as dreamer can be pretty easily confirmed, I can't help but think that a mafia would have to be pretty stupid to claim it.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:18:36 PM
At 8/9/2013 4:16:12 PM, Hatstand wrote:

Unsmurf

Seeing as dreamer can be pretty easily confirmed, I can't help but think that a mafia would have to be pretty stupid to claim it.

I'm dreamer; if you really want to prove it, check me out or find the guy who targeted me last night. If he is a watcher, he'll know that I did not visit anyone and thus must be dreamer. You could also investigate me tonight, but then I won't be able to dream.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:34:35 PM
unsmurf.

I win with the town.

I'll just say that I have never even seen or heard of the dreamer in mafia before.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:41:44 PM
At 8/9/2013 4:34:35 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
unsmurf.

I win with the town.

I'll just say that I have never even seen or heard of the dreamer in mafia before.

Really? I'll admit it's one of the more obscure roles, but not the most by far.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:43:21 PM
At 8/9/2013 4:18:36 PM, TN05 wrote:

Unsmurf

I'm dreamer; if you really want to prove it, check me out or find the guy who targeted me last night. If he is a watcher, he'll know that I did not visit anyone and thus must be dreamer. You could also investigate me tonight, but then I won't be able to dream.

Are you saying that any visitor could have blocked the dream? I thought only a roleblocker could.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:45:08 PM
At 8/9/2013 4:43:21 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 8/9/2013 4:18:36 PM, TN05 wrote:

Unsmurf

Are you saying that any visitor could have blocked the dream? I thought only a roleblocker could.

Ah, yes. That is a standard deviation...
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 4:51:43 PM
At 8/9/2013 4:34:35 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
unsmurf.

I win with the town.

I am fairly new though myself. But yes, I have never seen the dreamer role in the games I have played in.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 5:13:52 PM
Vote Count:
Rocket - 1/4 - JonMilne

Forgot to say:

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
This Day Phase will end no later than 8/11 at 02:00 pm DDO Time.