The Eternal Nightmare Mafia Eclipse Phase 2

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 7:44:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
January 18th 7099

"What kind of Mayor is Serenity? I'll tell you what kind. She's the kind of Mayor that let's vigilantes like Isabella murder innocent citizens in cold blood! Bubba was an innocent man, he has never committed a crime in his life nor has he ever shown the slightest sign of ill-will towards any Paradisian. His life was filled with a strong sense of dedication to his work and loyalty to his fellow citizens. Forever shall we miss Bubba." - The Paradisian Inquirer

-------

Khaos - You are Bubba, Paradisia"s lead detective. After your daily stop at the Donut shop you go about your duties of uncovering who is responsible for various criminal activities. Every night you may target one player and determine if they are innocent or guilty. You win with the Town when all other factions are defeated.

-------

Isabella struggled to sleep that night, knowing that she killed an innocent man. Unbearable night terrors... Her burden grew too heavy... She knew what she had to do... The responsibility could no longer be hers...

"Isabella..."
"Father! You found me! I always knew that you would! I waited here in Paradisia like you said. Now we can finally leave this place, together."
"Isabella, I never left you. I was always here, by your side. You seem to believe that you made a mistake today. Perhaps you were not careful enough, but you acted on behalf of the citizens of Paradisia. You cannot take sole responsibility for the collective decision of the townspeople."
"It doesn't matter if it the citizens wanted him dead or not! What matters is... that I... I... I killed him... I killed him... I killed an innocent man today..."
"You killed an innocent man today, and you will kill another again in the future. You have also killed every man who has tried to bring Paradisia to its knees. You are the true iron fist behind Paradisia's safety. Paradisia is in danger still, the threat is real. It is up to you to protect your home.
"Why do I have to protect anything? You are here now, we can leave all of this behind us! Right? Right? Daddy?"

A shiver shot down Isabella's spine, jolting her chest forward as she awoke from her dream. For several hours she remained crying in her bed before she managed to pull herself together. She left her home in the dead of night to find the man she believed to be responsible for all of this. Isabella rushed to the inn where he was staying, but he wasn't there. There is only one other place he could possibly be. Isabella left Paradisia and headed West into the Wastelands. She walked until she arrived at where the spacecraft was supposed to be before being destroyed by the mysterious woman in the storm. As she reached the top of the sand dune and looked down into the pit she was filled with awe. The spacecraft... it was there... and lights were shining from it...

"Is that electricity?" thought Isabella, "How would it get electricity out here? We haven't even been able to restore power to Paradisia since the storm."

A man emerged from the spacecraft.

"This ship has cells that absorbed the energy from the lightning storm and converted it into electricity."

"You! Every since you came here Paradisia has been in ruins! Everything is your fault!"

The man laughed. It was still too dark to make out who he was, but Isabella knew that only one person would be here.

"Not everything. No, there is a greater power than myself at work here. Do you ever wonder where all of this dust came from? Do you ever wonder what exactly it does? This dust, it's what remains of humanity, of Earth. This universe, it is dead. Nothing here is real. We are all just fragments of a dead man's memory, we are merely visions. Yes, that is what he called us, Visions. You see, Edgar was an astronaut. I remember now because he kept all of his video logs in this spacecraft. While my darling Freia attempted to destroy this vessel, she actually made it easier for me to discover the truth. His ship's navigational systems failed and he was sucked into a black hole. As he went into the black hole, another being came out. In what felt like three days, over twelve-thousand years passed. When he finally returned to Earth, everything and everyone was gone. This being devoured all that was living and this dust, it's what is left of a long-since extinct species. Eventually Edgar learned to use this dust and master its magical properties. He recreated reality as he remembered it. You see, we are all made of this dust. None of us are real. Not even myself. I am but a mere image of the real Edgar. Eventually the relentless nature of the dust caused his body to falter, and he created me to protect the reality he once knew. Freia wanted to destroy this space craft, and with it the truth. She feared that when the visions found out the truth they would lose their purpose for living and simply fade away."

The winds hastened and the Earth itself began to tremble. Edgar began to levitate, he turned towards Isabella and as he raised his arm she too rose above the ground. The spacecraft began to sink among the shifting sands until it was no longer visible. The two beings returned to the ground.

After an extended silence Edgar turned to Isabella, "My only purpose is to protect Edgar's memory. Now that you know the truth I cannot risk anyone else finding out. I am sorry Isabella but..." Edgar staggered as a bullet flew through his forehead. "That wasn't very nice, now. You don't seem to understand, I have mastered the dust, I can do with it as I will. You can't kill me."

Edgar's fist sparked with excess energy and with a single dash he closed the distance between himself and Isabella, driving his fist into her stomach. Isabella went into a seizure as the electricity jolted through every vein in her body. Suddenly Isabella realized the true power of the dust. As she lay there experiencing a pain like none other her mind became clear. Bolts of lightning jolted into the air from Isabella's body, as if she expelled it from herself. Slowly she climbed to her feat.

"Impressive." mocked Edgar. "You don't actually think you can wield the dust, do you?"

Fire began to envelop Isabella's hands. She ran towards Edgar when the sand below her feat began to shift. Her lower body fell into the sand and it hardened around her into solid rock.

"As I was saying earlier, I can't allow for any loose ends. I'm sorry, but this is the end."
Edgar walked away, leaving Isabella to die alone.
"Where do you think you are going?" shouted Isabella.
"I am sorry, but my time is valuable. I have to humanity to save. You remember that being I mentioned earlier? The one that arrived in our universe through a black hole? I believe he is back. He has come to destroy the reality I have recreated. I really must be going." retorted Edgar.

Edgar jumped into the air and began to fly away when a blast of fire struck him in the back. His body caught on fire and the dust that composed his physical being burnt into a crisp.

-------

Continued in the next post.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 7:45:13 PM
Budda - You are Edgar. Well, you are an image of Edgar, or a copy, or at least a bunch of dust that forms some shape that resembles Edgar. Edgar was an astronaut who was sent to explore a black hole by the Earth Republic. When his navigation systems broke down he was sucked inside of it and 12,000 years of time passed in what he felt was 3 days. Eventually he managed to repair his ship and return to earth, only to find it covered in a fog of dust. Soon he realized that he was given magical powers by this dust, and could manipulate it however he liked. He created cities again, he reconstructed civilization. He made a copy of the girlfriend that he left behind, Freia. He also created his best friend, Alpha. Eventually his health declined and he created a copy of himself to take care of the world. You are that Copy.

Having power over the dust and having created everything that exists in this reality through your former self"s memories, once during the game you may instill amnesia upon one player during the night phase, converting them into a vanilla. Every night you may end the existence of one of your memories (other players). Also, every night you may assess the memories that the original Edgar placed into another image (player) and receive their role PM. Finally, you may target one player and destroy their current incarnation of Edgar"s memory, and use their residual dust to recreate Freia. They will become Freia

-------

Isabella used up the last of her remaining energy to kill Edgar and was eventually killed by his entrapment.

TUF - You are Isabella. Your father was a sniper for the Earth Republic. In the year 7083 he was framed by the government and fled from the military. He took you and fled. When an Earth Republic patrol spotted you he told you to run East and to take refuge in the city of Paradisia. He said he would find out" And here you are, in year 7098 still waiting for him to find you. Until he comes, you will use your skills to protect Paradisia from anything that doesn"t belong. With your trusty sniper rifle you may kill one person every night. You win with the Town when all other factions are defeated.

-------

Upon realizing that Edgar was dead, Freia lost her purpose for being and ceased to exist.

IFLYHIGH - You are Freia. You are but a mere copy of Edgar"s memory, created from the Dust. Your previous incarnation has been destroyed and has been replaced with your current body, as have your memories. Your only purpose in life now is to protect the Visions from discovering the truth and therefore protecting them from their ultimate fate. You are the bodyguard. Every night you may target one player and if they are targeted for a lethal night action, you will die in their place.

-------

Serenity was never seen in Paradisia again, as her being was consumed and used as a vessel for Freia's creation.

IFLYHIGH (Pre-Conversion) - You are Serenity, the mayor of Paradisia. Your daily responsibilities have more than doubled since the eclipse occurred. You don"t have time to rethink your decisions anymore, all plans must be final. One of your most important duties is deciding who receives protection of the Armed Forces. You are the Seraph Knight. Once per game you may target a player and as long as you are alive, they cannot be lynched or night killed. However, you can no longer be bothered with meaningless tasks, therefore all non-lethal night actions that are targeted at you will fail. You win with the Town when all other factions are defeated.

-------

Rocket has replaced Matt.
Khaos (2) has replaced Noctan.

Living Players

1. Drafter
2. FlippantBouyancy
3. FrackJack
4. Khaos (2)
5. Bull
6. Maikuru
7. Beginner
8. Rocket

With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to lynch. The day phase ends at midnight EST Sunday, 11PM DDO time Saturday.

Beginner has been condemned to death. Any player who does not vote for him will be role blocked tonight and will have their vote voided during the following Eclipse Phase. This will continue every EP until he is dead.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:13:11 PM
Kudos to TUF. He shot true.

Not sure what is going on with Beginner. My vote doesn't appear to be on anyone, though that may be an affect of whatever this condemned nonsense is.

Any results?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:21:01 PM
This is the second time in a row I have died the same night I'm recruited. Really starting to piss me off. I mean, what are the odds?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:24:19 PM
SO happy right now lol. Sad at the same time. I was going to pewn this day phase. Good luck town. Oh and thanks drafter :)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:50:21 PM
My role has been destroyed. I've never seen this happen in mafia before.. someone has a role that allows them to destroy other roles......
I don't even know..
Drafter is my immediate FOS..
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:03:30 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:02:00 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Beginner has been condemned to death. Any player who does not vote for him will be role blocked tonight and will have their vote voided during the following Eclipse Phase. This will continue every EP until he is dead.
I assume:
Your vote will be voided the 'following' EP but not this EP? Lucky..
Senpai has noticed you.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:04:58 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:50:21 PM, Beginner wrote:
My role has been destroyed. I've never seen this happen in mafia before.. someone has a role that allows them to destroy other roles......
I don't even know..

Care to explain that?
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:05:10 PM
If my role wasn't manually destroyed by someone else. I think I've unknowingly violated some mod condition.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:06:29 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:04:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
I don't even know..

Care to explain that?

I wanted to confirm that you really couldn't vote. I explicitly said that I'd have you vote frackjack. My role was destroyed during the NP. Something happened. It's either you or Frackjack although the FOS on frackjack is more concrete than that on you.
Senpai has noticed you.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:13:34 PM
I mostly read last day phase. I saw all the major events. But I skipped some of the back and forth.

FrackJack is the most scummy to me from his posts.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:14:37 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:15:17 PM, drafterman wrote:
My main FOSs are still on Frack and Matt/Rocket.

Rocket, you should claim.

I am a character called Alpha.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:16:43 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:13:11 PM, drafterman wrote:

Not sure what is going on with Beginner. My vote doesn't appear to be on anyone, though that may be an affect of whatever this condemned nonsense is.
Here you make a mention to my impetus to have you vote last EP. You knew I was going to have you vote. You're also drafter.. a super-experienced mafia player. There is no way you don't see my reason for FOSing you. That you are even asking about my FOS is extremely suspect. I am probably going to be lynched today as per the condemnation.. :| THis sucks.
Drafter, please full claim and paraphrase.
Senpai has noticed you.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:17:29 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:06:29 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:04:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
I don't even know..

Care to explain that?

I wanted to confirm that you really couldn't vote. I explicitly said that I'd have you vote frackjack. My role was destroyed during the NP. Something happened. It's either you or Frackjack although the FOS on frackjack is more concrete than that on you.

I get that your reasoning was that, if you could force me to vote, I was lying about being voteless and, therefore scum. And since someone removed your role that either means it was someone who didn't want a vote on Frackjack (if Frackjack was scum) or someone that didn't it revealed that I can actually vote.

However, I was hoping that your ability, which grants some sort of protection, would negate my votelessness, since it is a direct result of this EP nonsense. I wanted you to target me and actually have it work.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:17:32 PM
I honestly do not think it is in the town's best interest for me to role claim. If I absolutely have to, then I will though.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:17:34 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:13:34 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
I mostly read last day phase. I saw all the major events. But I skipped some of the back and forth.

FrackJack is the most scummy to me from his posts.

He is extremely scummy to me too. If it weren't for Khaos, I would have heavily advocated Frack's lynch last EP.
Senpai has noticed you.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:18:54 PM
I'll post throughout the night, but for now I am going to take a nap.

Right now I scum read frackJack, Yraelz, and FourTrouble.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:18:55 PM
Actually.. I seem to recall frack being asked to full claim. Drafter, I'll hold off on you for a bit. Frack you need to full claim. You are the scummiest player alive at this moment.
Senpai has noticed you.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:19:01 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:14:37 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:

Yeah you probably should have read. Budda's PM says that Alpha was his best friend lol.

You should go ahead and full claim.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:19:52 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:16:43 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:13:11 PM, drafterman wrote:

Here you make a mention to my impetus to have you vote last EP. You knew I was going to have you vote. You're also drafter.. a super-experienced mafia player. There is no way you don't see my reason for FOSing you. That you are even asking about my FOS is extremely suspect. I am probably going to be lynched today as per the condemnation.. :| THis sucks.
Drafter, please full claim and paraphrase.

Of course I knew why you were FOSing me. However, it is was important for you to articulate it, in your own words, so I could craft an appropriate response. First, there is always the possibility that my assumption is wrong and second it is the most appropriate way to respond to such an FOS.

I've already claimed as much as I can with paraphrasal.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:20:22 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:19:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Yeah you probably should have read. Budda's PM says that Alpha was his best friend lol.

So?

Sorry, I don't think I should. You will understand.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:20:33 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:18:55 PM, Beginner wrote:
Actually.. I seem to recall frack being asked to full claim. Drafter, I'll hold off on you for a bit. Frack you need to full claim. You are the scummiest player alive at this moment.

He claimed doctor.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:20:41 PM

Edgar created Alpha as his best friend. o-o Rocket........ I want your full claim too.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:21:04 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:20:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:18:55 PM, Beginner wrote:

He claimed doctor.

I want him to paraphrase his PM.
Senpai has noticed you.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:21:11 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:20:22 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:

So?

Budda was scum and, IIRC, Alpha was interpreted as being scummy last EP.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:21:41 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:20:22 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:

So?

So Budda was scum. His PM explicitly said that he can turn a townie into his girlfriend. There is no reason to believe that the only other character mentioned in his PM, you, wouldn't also be scum.

Sorry, I don't think I should. You will understand.

LOL
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:22:44 PM
Rocket, being Edgar's best friend means you are probably on his side. Since he Edgar is mafia, our request for your full claim is justified.
Senpai has noticed you.