Jump to topic:

The Eternal Nightmare Mafia Eclipse Phase 3

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 6:58:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
No OP today. There is no way of advancing the story at the moment without giving away critical information, so I will wait until an opportunity arises, or simply finish the story in the end-game.

Dead Last DP

Beginner " You are the Spirit of the Cosmos. Your existence has been short, merely a number of hours. Your existence was sparked by unseen interactions hidden deeply within The Cosmos itself. There is another spirit about, one which is devouring worlds, one by one. It has come to this world, and it is your sole duty to defeat this being. The humans that inhabit this world are weak-willed and you must strengthen their hearts. Every night you may choose a target and during the following Eclipse Phase you make them immune to Eclipse Phase Actions, force them to vote in the Eclipse Phase Thread, and give their vote double weight. However, you cannot vote on your own while you are inside another player"s body. You win with the Town when all other factions are defeated.

Nobody died last night.

Living Players

1. Drafter
2. FlippantBouyancy
3. FrackJack
4. Khaos (2)
5. Bull
6. Maikuru
7. Rocket

With 7 players remaining, it takes 3 votes to lynch. The day phase ends at midnight EST Tuesday, 11PM DDO time Monday.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 7:46:23 AM
If You have voting abilities, please say so now. I was offline when the day phase ended so I got role and vote blocked...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 7:47:06 AM
Ok. So... 5 people voted Beginner last phase. So only those 5 people can vote this phase (hence the 3 votes needed to lynch; majority of 5).

I can't vote regardless, so one other person than me can't vote, it would seem.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 8:27:57 AM
At 8/11/2013 7:47:06 AM, drafterman wrote:
Ok. So... 5 people voted Beginner last phase. So only those 5 people can vote this phase (hence the 3 votes needed to lynch; majority of 5).

The phase ended with my vote on rocket.... I'm voteless, almost positive rocket is last scum. Rocket is wmore than likely lying, he was probably the last vote on beginner, my ability would have told me ow many town remain but I'm stumped.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:31:22 AM
Okay so that means bull is actually the last mafia, rather than third party if what drafter says is true.

Too bad I am basically worthless and can't vote.

By the way, the secretive hammer last day phase isn't something a townie would do is it? I think mafia forfeited their kill, or frack protected the right person.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:32:22 AM
At 8/11/2013 8:27:57 AM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 8/11/2013 7:47:06 AM, drafterman wrote:

The phase ended with my vote on rocket.... I'm voteless, almost positive rocket is last scum. Rocket is wmore than likely lying, he was probably the last vote on beginner, my ability would have told me ow many town remain but I'm stumped.

That is impossible! I was offline and sleeping when the hammer happened lol.
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:40:13 AM
Nevermind, bull is town. Unless beginner was actually the one who voted me at the end of last day phase...

But that means that 5 people voted beginner. Beginner may have had his vote on himself.

Bull was blocked. Drafter was blocked. I was blocked. If Beginner voted himself, than this might be plausible. We should see if anyone else claims to be blocked first though. Also everyone needs to claim who they had their vote on. Maikuru I believe is clear.

I suspect Flippant, because there was a total of 6 votes yesterday. I know I didn't vote period, so that means he HAD to have voted. But he didn't talk the whole day phase.

Flippant is probably the last scum.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 10:09:39 AM
I hammered Beginner yesterday. After I told everyone not to vote Beginner so we could coordinate our votes and Lucky responded that it didn't work that way, Beginner immediately got a 4th unannounced vote. It is clear to me that person was scum. I voted after, hence my "The EP is about to end" comment.

Everyone else who has a vote needs to say so and share any results.

5 people had to have voted yesterday and we've already got 3 people saying they were roleblocked, so one of you is lying.

Rocket, since you are the primary target today, you should full claim.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 10:31:37 AM
When I said at the last second yesterday that Khaos was scum, I was referring to a number of things (though I only had time to mention one, as I knew the EP was about to close).

First of all, all of his initial posts (they start on page 3) were either detrimental or fluffy as cotton. Asking if we were in EP's or DP's (a vote on himself would have revealed that), reiterating almost exactly previous comments about what happened to Beginner and the plan to kill Rocket, suggesting we end the EP early to prevent mafia from learning things (wuh?), saying we need to kill Beginner and then suggesting we "chance it" and vote Rocket. The most damning, though, are his comments about TP.

We know Beginner had a hard-on for there being a TP, which Khaos responds to with:

At 8/9/2013 3:48:02 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Looking at mafiawiki, SK cannot win unless they remain alive solely. Chances are there is no SK, since Budda killed in the night via his role (presumably), also his mafia NK, and TUF's vig.

If there is a TP, there must be a wincon, and it isn't SK (who town doesn't win unless he is dead).

He is adamant there is no SK and even explains how none of the night actions suggest the existence of one. Then, a hot second later, he says:

At 8/9/2013 4:28:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I am Charles, the Psychiatrist. I targeted TUF.

So...there was a TP, it was a SK, and he stopped him? Why would he initially say there is no SK but not say why he knew this? Why not say it the second Beginner engages him about the existence of a TP and let town move on? Why ask for protection from Frack if he believed Tuf was the SK?

Khaos, give a full paraphrase.
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 10:33:44 AM
Lucky, if you are online, can you post a vote count? I want to check something.
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 10:54:10 AM
At 8/11/2013 10:31:37 AM, Maikuru wrote:
When I said at the last second yesterday that Khaos was scum, I was referring to a number of things (though I only had time to mention one, as I knew the EP was about to close).

First of all, all of his initial posts (they start on page 3) were either detrimental or fluffy as cotton. Asking if we were in EP's or DP's (a vote on himself would have revealed that),
how would a vote on myself revealed that?
There was speculation DP1, and I think Drafter said his role depended upon, the EPs ending and DPs returning. So, why was this not important?

reiterating almost exactly previous comments about what happened to Beginner and the plan to kill Rocket,
It appeared that Frack missed the part about losing his vote, so it's a good thing I mentioned it...
suggesting we end the EP early to prevent mafia from learning things (wuh?),
there are roles that have no been disclosed, I believe, so why build pressure to out them
saying we need to kill Beginner and then suggesting we "chance it" and vote Rocket.
I can't change my mind?
The most damning, though, are his comments about TP.

We know Beginner had a hard-on for there being a TP, which Khaos responds to with:

At 8/9/2013 3:48:02 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Looking at mafiawiki, SK cannot win unless they remain alive solely. Chances are there is no SK, since Budda killed in the night via his role (presumably), also his mafia NK, and TUF's vig.

If there is a TP, there must be a wincon, and it isn't SK (who town doesn't win unless he is dead).

He is adamant there is no SK and even explains how none of the night actions suggest the existence of one. Then, a hot second later, he says:

At 8/9/2013 4:28:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I am Charles, the Psychiatrist. I targeted TUF.

So...there was a TP, it was a SK, and he stopped him? Why would he initially say there is no SK but not say why he knew this? Why not say it the second Beginner engages him about the existence of a TP and let town move on? Why ask for protection from Frack if he believed Tuf was the SK?

To not out my role.
Just because I believe TUF was an SK, doesn't mean he was. His role was town vig, which is what he would be if I converted him; however, we don't know if he was SK or not.

Khaos, give a full paraphrase.

I am a little disheartened with my sign-up drama to focus on a paraphrase, but something about needing to focus on people who want to destroy everything due to the eclipse.
My work here is, finally, done.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:01:59 AM
@ Khaos:

- A vote for yourself would have shown whether or not voters are revealed. That is, whether we have EP's or DP's.

- Why reiterate, essentially word for word, what was already stated previously in the EP concerning Beginner and Rocket?

- What made you decide we no longer had to kill Beginner and should kill Rocket?

- You explicitly said there was no SK, then said on the next page there was one. What is the purpose of saying flat out there is no SK, rather than just considering the possibility? Also, why did you role claim under no pressure?

- So far you're given two partial paraphrases. Please full paraphrase. It takes perhaps 1 minute.
- lamerde

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:21:02 AM
This is still an EP btw. You will know if and when Day Phases are back. If I loosely use the term DP or Day Phase (I did it twice in the OP) then ignore it. It's a habit.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:27:44 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:01:59 AM, Maikuru wrote:
@ Khaos:

- A vote for yourself would have shown whether or not voters are revealed. That is, whether we have EP's or DP's.
That makes sense. I didn't think of that. I forgot the secret ballot was due to the EP.

- Why reiterate, essentially word for word, what was already stated previously in the EP concerning Beginner and Rocket?
Because I thought it necessary, probably. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to.

- What made you decide we no longer had to kill Beginner and should kill Rocket?
If Rocket was the last scum, I was concerned about any NP abilities, since Budda was bad@ss. I decided I would rather take the chance and win tonight, than have shenanigans today.

- You explicitly said there was no SK, then said on the next page there was one. What is the purpose of saying flat out there is no SK, rather than just considering the possibility? Also, why did you role claim under no pressure?
I believe TUF was SK, and I converted him NP1.
I claimed to both shut Beginner up because he didn't realize what I was doing, and to get protection from Frack, in case I was wrong about TUF and/or there are two SK.

- So far you're given two partial paraphrases. Please full paraphrase. It takes perhaps 1 minute.

Eclipsing of the sun makes even samurai lose their way. It is my duty to change their ways. My main concern are those who want nothing more than to kill whoever they want.You are Charles. You are the Psychologist. (took more than a minute ;)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:28:36 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:27:44 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Eclipsing of the sun makes even samurai lose their way. It is my duty to change their ways. My main concern are those who want nothing more than to kill whoever they want.You are Charles. You are the Psychologist. (took more than a minute ;)

Leave anything out?
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:29:37 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:05:17 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Khaos, who did you target last night?

I don't want to say who I targeted last night, but I think I was role blocked.
Has anyone been RB'd this game? I have an odd way of being told. Otherwise, it is more than RB.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:30:57 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:29:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Has anyone been RB'd this game? I have an odd way of being told. Otherwise, it is more than RB.

Why don't you want to say who you targeted?

What did Lucky tell you about your RB. This is important.
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:31:23 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:28:36 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Leave anything out?

Don't think so, except the explanation of my role.
I don't know what a good paraphrase is, but I don't think there was any pertinent detail I left out, no. Nothing like a "pyramid hat" or whatever someone said.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:32:35 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:31:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Leave anything out?

I don't know what a good paraphrase is, but I don't think there was any pertinent detail I left out, no. Nothing like a "pyramid hat" or whatever someone said.

Pajama hat lol

I'd like to hear the explanation of your role.
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:34:13 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:30:57 AM, Maikuru wrote:

In case there is an SK still on the loose, I don't want them to know if I am on the right track.

I would like to be confirmed in my RB, if at all possible, seeing as how you are questioning me. He did say I was prevented from using my action.
Why is it so important?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:36:56 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:34:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

In case there is an SK still on the loose, I don't want them to know if I am on the right track.

You outed your role yesterday. Either the SK wants to win alone, in which case they'd kill you, or they want to be converted, in which case you'd be helping them and the town.

I would like to be confirmed in my RB, if at all possible, seeing as how you are questioning me. He did say I was prevented from using my action.
Why is it so important?

I'll let you know in a second.

Who did you vote for yesterday?
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:37:15 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:32:35 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Leave anything out?

Pajama hat lol

Nope, that's it, then. Three sentences, all paraphrased.
I get the feeling I may be more of a priest than a doc, though, since I "feel it is my duty to console".
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:39:00 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:36:56 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/11/2013 11:34:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You outed your role yesterday. Either the SK wants to win alone, in which case they'd kill you, or they want to be converted, in which case you'd be helping them and the town.
Drafter.

Why is it so important?

I'll let you know in a second.

Who did you vote for yesterday?
As I said last EP, Beginner.
I should be able to vote.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:39:53 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:37:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Leave anything out?

Pajama hat lol

I get the feeling I may be more of a priest than a doc, though, since I "feel it is my duty to console".

I'm confused. Does your PM contain a description of your role? Did you include that?
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:41:10 AM
Khaos, since your vote was on Beginner, you're saying your roleblock was separate from the Beginner roleblocks. So 4 players are claiming to be roleblocked right now? Oh man...
- lamerde

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:43:34 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:39:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/11/2013 11:37:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Leave anything out?

Pajama hat lol

I'm confused. Does your PM contain a description of your role? Did you include that?

No, I didn't think it was important, plus I've already paraphrased that.
Every night, I can visit to convert SK to town-vig. IWWTTWAOFAD.

BTW, Lucky told me that, had TUF been SK and my role succeeded, he would only flip at town-vig. Ifly flipped both, because Budda's recruit was not meant to be a janitor-style role.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:44:19 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:41:10 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Khaos, since your vote was on Beginner, you're saying your roleblock was separate from the Beginner roleblocks. So 4 players are claiming to be roleblocked right now? Oh man...

Your vote was not on Beginner, correct?
What message did you get?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 11:47:02 AM
At 8/11/2013 11:44:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/11/2013 11:41:10 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Your vote was not on Beginner, correct?
What message did you get?

My vote was on Beginner.

The fact that your RB was separate from the others is the reason you need to say what you were told. With 3 other people claiming to be roleblocked, we can be sure that at least one of them is town. Those three other people can point out discrepancies between both your message and theirs, and each others.
- lamerde