Jump to topic:

WhiteFlag + Nightless + Chosen Mafia Sign-ups

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:04:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a modified white flag game. First off, let's define "White Flag." It is a variation is which if there is only one mafia player left, they lose. http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

In order to win, town doesn't need to lynch all the mafia, but if there are 4 mafia for instance, town only need lynch any 3 to win.

Number of Players: 13
Setup: Open

Mechanics:
1) Nightless - This doesn't mean day kills as has been the MO in other nightless games. This means that the mafia do not have kills. The number of scum is proportionately higher to compensate.

2) Chosen -
-> Pre-game, the mafia select one player in the game to veto. This player cannot be "chosen". 3 of the remaining 9 townies are randomly selected by an RNG to be the Chosen Townies.

-> The Mafia are told who was Chosen, but the Chosen are not. They will receive vanilla townie role PMs.

-> As long as all 3 Chosen Townies are alive, they cannot be endgamed (ie, 2, 3, or 4 Mafia vs. 3 Chosen is a town win). For the mafia to win, they must lynch at least one of the chosen townies in the course of the game.

-> Chosen Townies flip "Chosen Townie".

-> The town cannot no-lynch, as such, unique rules apply to deadline lynches.

See this page for more details although the numbers there are not the ones that we will be using. (It was setup as a 9 player game: http://wiki.mafiascum.net...)

3) Modified White Flag - The game ends when either mafia are reduced to one player, or the town are reduced to 4 players.

If town are reduced to 4 members and at least one chosen townie has been lynched, mafia win. If no Chosen townie has been lynched, town win.

If mafia are reduced to 1 member, town win.

As can be seen, mafia must lynch at least one chosen townie to stand a chance of winning.

See this page for a similar game from which I got half of the idea for this setup (http://wiki.mafiascum.net...). Note that the numbers are different though as it was designed as a 10 player game.

------- SETUP --------

1) 4 Mafia Goons (will be provided a mafia PM)
2) 6 Vanilla Townies
3) 3 Chosen Townies (will receive Vanilla townie role PMs). Chosen Townies will not be told that they are chosen but the mafia will be told who the chosen townies are at the beginning of the game.

Note: Clearly, this game has no roles and an intense focus on behavioral analysis. For those who played my last open game, you will notice many differences:
- There is only one scumteam - scum cannot scumhunt genuinely. They have to contrive analysis with the knowledge that everybody else is town.
- They have to lynch at least one chosen townie which gives them different motivations.
- They have to ensure that at least two of them survive meaning the last two mafia can't bus each other - or at least get the other lynched, because if any 3 mafia are lynched, town win. This is somewhat similar to the vengeful games but the behavioral cues are doubled when the game is down to two mafia because either could be lynched for a town win.

----- DEADLINE RULES -----

Days will last 96 hours. There are no night phases although if players want, I will start the next DP after a 24 hour break.

The first time that deadline is reached without a majority, the day will extend for another 24 hours. The second time, it will extend for 12 hours. The third time, a chosen townie will be randomly "lynched" as decided by an RNG. From the fourth time onward, a random town-affiliated player will be "lynched" at deadline. In other words, if time runs out, it is a guaranteed mislynch.

If there is a replacement within 24 hours of the DPs end, the time will extend to 24 hours from the point of replacement.

That's a lot of mechanics but remember there are no roles. Instead of roles, we have mechanics that specifically intensify behavioral cues. As such, I can see the game being more fun for players that like to focus on behavior.

This goes without saying but as the moderator, I reserve the right to refuse a player. The game will start when it is convenient and there are the fewest number of other games going on in the near future (maybe within a week or two). So, don't fret if you are in other games, I specifically intend to start it at a convenient time to all.

Sign-ups
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:22:11 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:04:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
This is a modified white flag game. First off, let's define "White Flag." It is a variation is which if there is only one mafia player left, they lose. http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

In order to win, town doesn't need to lynch all the mafia, but if there are 4 mafia for instance, town only need lynch any 3 to win.

Number of Players: 13
Setup: Open

Mechanics:
1) Nightless - This doesn't mean day kills as has been the MO in other nightless games. This means that the mafia do not have kills. The number of scum is proportionately higher to compensate.

2) Chosen -
-> Pre-game, the mafia select one player in the game to veto. This player cannot be "chosen". 3 of the remaining 9 townies are randomly selected by an RNG to be the Chosen Townies.

-> The Mafia are told who was Chosen, but the Chosen are not. They will receive vanilla townie role PMs.

-> As long as all 3 Chosen Townies are alive, they cannot be endgamed (ie, 2, 3, or 4 Mafia vs. 3 Chosen is a town win). For the mafia to win, they must lynch at least one of the chosen townies in the course of the game.

-> Chosen Townies flip "Chosen Townie".

-> The town cannot no-lynch, as such, unique rules apply to deadline lynches.

See this page for more details although the numbers there are not the ones that we will be using. (It was setup as a 9 player game: http://wiki.mafiascum.net...)

3) Modified White Flag - The game ends when either mafia are reduced to one player, or the town are reduced to 4 players.

If town are reduced to 4 members and at least one chosen townie has been lynched, mafia win. If no Chosen townie has been lynched, town win.

If mafia are reduced to 1 member, town win.

As can be seen, mafia must lynch at least one chosen townie to stand a chance of winning.

See this page for a similar game from which I got half of the idea for this setup (http://wiki.mafiascum.net...). Note that the numbers are different though as it was designed as a 10 player game.

------- SETUP --------

1) 4 Mafia Goons (will be provided a mafia PM)
2) 6 Vanilla Townies
3) 3 Chosen Townies (will receive Vanilla townie role PMs). Chosen Townies will not be told that they are chosen but the mafia will be told who the chosen townies are at the beginning of the game.

Note: Clearly, this game has no roles and an intense focus on behavioral analysis. For those who played my last open game, you will notice many differences:
- There is only one scumteam - scum cannot scumhunt genuinely. They have to contrive analysis with the knowledge that everybody else is town.
- They have to lynch at least one chosen townie which gives them different motivations.
- They have to ensure that at least two of them survive meaning the last two mafia can't bus each other - or at least get the other lynched, because if any 3 mafia are lynched, town win. This is somewhat similar to the vengeful games but the behavioral cues are doubled when the game is down to two mafia because either could be lynched for a town win.

----- DEADLINE RULES -----

Days will last 96 hours. There are no night phases although if players want, I will start the next DP after a 24 hour break.

The first time that deadline is reached without a majority, the day will extend for another 24 hours. The second time, it will extend for 12 hours. The third time, a chosen townie will be randomly "lynched" as decided by an RNG. From the fourth time onward, a random town-affiliated player will be "lynched" at deadline. In other words, if time runs out, it is a guaranteed mislynch.

If there is a replacement within 24 hours of the DPs end, the time will extend to 24 hours from the point of replacement.

That's a lot of mechanics but remember there are no roles. Instead of roles, we have mechanics that specifically intensify behavioral cues. As such, I can see the game being more fun for players that like to focus on behavior.

This goes without saying but as the moderator, I reserve the right to refuse a player. The game will start when it is convenient and there are the fewest number of other games going on in the near future (maybe within a week or two). So, don't fret if you are in other games, I specifically intend to start it at a convenient time to all.

Sign-ups
13. Daytonanerd
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:24:42 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:23:23 AM, drafterman wrote:
/in
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:28:20 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:23:10 AM, drafterman wrote:
I want to play, but I know I'll be vetoed.

I am not sure what you mean. The mafia can't veto anyone from playing. They can just ensure that that person isn't chosen. So, if they see a player as hard to lynch, they can ensure that that player isn't in a small pool of players, one of which they must lynch.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:30:09 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:28:20 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I am not sure what you mean. The mafia can't veto anyone from playing. They can just ensure that that person isn't chosen. So, if they see a player as hard to lynch, they can ensure that that player isn't in a small pool of players, one of which they must lynch.

Exactly. LOL. You don't think I'm at the top of that list?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:33:41 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:30:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:28:20 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Exactly. LOL. You don't think I'm at the top of that list?

I do. I was just confused by you saying that you want to play but will be vetoed implying that you thought the vetoed player couldn't play. Never mind...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:35:23 AM
At 8/14/2013 11:26:21 AM, Bullish wrote:
I might sign up but this seems too complicated.

The set-up is, certainly, the play will be more simplified.

It's easy:

Mafia win condition: Lynch 5 Townies at least one of which must be Chosen.
Town win condition: Lynch 3 Mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:36:42 AM
The analysis comes from the fact that the Mafia must focus their attention on the chosen, one of whom they must lynch, and whose identities only they know.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:39:48 AM
I'll play.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:07:30 PM
At 8/14/2013 11:52:52 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:36:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
13 Daytonanerd
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:31:05 PM
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
13 Daytonanerd
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:54:12 PM
At 8/14/2013 12:31:05 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
13 Daytonanerd

Just sign me up. I think I can handle this.
0x5f3759df
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:09:19 PM
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
9 Bull_Diesel
13 Daytonanerd

i'll play. sounds exciting
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:39:04 PM
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
9 Bull_Diesel
13 Daytonanerd

By the way, keep the signups going. I predict there'll be at least a few people will be too inactive or forget about the signups by the time this game starts. If more than 13 people want to play, I'll pick the ones that I believe will be most active.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 4:49:38 PM
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
9 Bull_Diesel
10 Beginner
13 Daytonanerd
Senpai has noticed you.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 9:41:48 PM
Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
9 Bull_Diesel
10 Beginner
11 FourTrouble
12 TUF
13 daytonanerd
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 7:49:08 AM
At 8/14/2013 2:34:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
What?!?
People sign up then don't play? Preposterous!
Heresy, sir, you must be a warlock.

It's F-16, what do you expect.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 8:48:10 AM
This game is going to be amazing. AMAZING!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:21:14 AM
This game's design is pretty much worse-case-scenario for my play style. I wonder if I could adapt enough to perform well. Let's have a go at it!

Sign-ups
1 drafterman
2 Buddamoose
3 TheAntidoter
4 NTLC
5 Khaos
6 BlackHawk
7 JonMilne
8 Bullish
9 Bull_Diesel
10 Beginner
11 FourTrouble