8. TA
9. Frack
10. Bull_Diesel
11. IFLY
12. FT
13. Daytonanerd/F-16
14. Blackhawk133

Rules

1.All standard rules apply. If you don't know what standard rules are PM me. Better yet, some key points:

a. When the DP is ended (I declare a lynch) you stop talking. No exceptions.
b. You do not copy and past your role PMs. Paraphrase on pain of death. No stupid switching of 'You' and 'I' ; proper, significant paraphrasing. If you're unsure about whether something is allowed, paraphrase it far further or ask me if it's allowed. I will be very particular about this rule. Avoid my ire.
c. No screenshots or anything of the sort.

c. With regards to 'standard rules' , if you are unsure whether any conduct is questionable, apply the following idea:

Could I use this in a real life party game of Mafia? If not, don't do it. If yes, consult the rules, use your common sense, and only then act.

2. Once a lynch is reached it is final. DPs will end in a no-lynch if time expires.
3. Refrain from swearing, obscenities and such if you can. This is intended to be civilised, and a collegial atmosphere is most appreciated.
4. There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .

Do not post copiously if there is no need to. Some players have stated that they might not be able to play if we see massive amounts of posting. What I'm saying is this - you can post freely, yet make sure it's game related and not unnecessarily repetitive; it's easier for us all.

Replacement / Timing Policy / NP Policy

This is very important, so listen.

DPs will be 72 hours. The NP is split into two 18 hour blocks. . Consult your PMs for clarification. Furthermore, this rule has been introduced to resolve night action priority disputes. Read into it further if you wish.

I may consider extensions to a DP if it is merited, but I will decide on that count; I will be tougher on this than I have been before. Night actions are encouraged to be done in a faster time span though.

The only exception to this will be if I am responsible for a delay, say, because I'm at school.

Replacement can occur if one does not participate for 48 hours. With regards to NP 'participation' , obviously some roles may not have night actions. Inactivity in such a period does not count towards replacement.

Finally, not that this should come as a surprise in a Mafia game, nobody involved in this Mafia game is to be trusted, besides yours truly.

If there's any confusion about anything ask in your respective role PMs.

Now let's have a quality Mafia game! As always, apologies for the poor storytelling.

DP 1 Opening Story

"... and that"s why you killed her, isn"t it?"

From the fluttering curtains on 3rd story of the Victorian house you could see 3 men, illuminated by the moonlight. And yet, you couldn"t help but only see one of them. The cobblestone pavement next to the grass faded into obscurity before the magnetic presence of the speaker. Entranced, the young lady watched the scene unfold.

"Truly, you are brilliant. But it doesn"t matter; you"ve lost," replied the 2nd man " Heinrich Valdern - with laughter. Timidly, the 3rd man started forth, muttering softly.
"But you"re outnumbered. If it came to swords..."
"... I"m the best duellist in all of Nottingham, don"t you know?"

Suddenly, Valdern"s sword arced forth with lightning speed, ready to bury itself in the 3rd man"s throat. The man simply blinked as the sword rushed forth. At the last moment the first man " Horatio " intercepted the blow and threw Valdern back. The 3rd man looked on at the whole scene utterly bewildered. Valdern looked at his watch and smiled darkly.

The house suddenly burst into a towering inferno. The flames were strongest on the first floor, and were rapidly creeping up.

"I"d say the heat"s on, wouldn"t you Horatio? Still think it"s 2-1?"

"Oh come on. As if the flames would catch most strongly on the 1st floor. And as if he"d say "I"d say the heat"s on". Come on" whined the child.
"If you wanted to trap somebody, you"d put the oil on the 1st floor."
"Well..."
"Let"s continue."

Horatio knew every moment counted.
"James, clear the house now! I"ll take care of Valdern," he cried, leaping forth with his sword. James made towards the house, and then turned. He"d never seen anything like the swordplay before him. Horatio and Valdern moved so quickly that James could not even see the parries, or the blades themselves. All he could see were faint arcs of blood in the air, holding for a...

A lady screamed from within the house. James wrenched himself from the swordplay, and braced to run inside. He ran in.

The smoke assailed him, heavy and thick. Fierce flames licked at his feet. James cried out. Was anyone even inside the burning house? The smoke was getting thicker, the flames multiplying. Stumbling, James made his way to the 2nd floor. He cried out again. Nothing answered him. And then, a faint cough.

James spun around. There was a girl lain out unconscious on the floor. Slowly, his eyes beginning to blur, he picked her up and began to exit the house. Slowly, he began to sway, and then fall. So close, the door mere metres away. But he couldn"t do it. Yet another...

Horatio burst through the flames.
"Here, take my hand!" he cried, pulling James to his feet, and taking the girl over his shoulder. They stumbled out of the burning wreck.

"Th... Thanks," spluttered James.
"No problem. I already dealt with Valdern," he said, turning his head to the unconscious villain.
"But he... swordsman in..."
"As I said to him, I"m not from Nottingham, so... wait, where"s Lauren?" James staggered to his feet.
"Well, I checked the 2nd floor, heard a cough, saw an unconscious girl..."
"You... Lauren"s on the 3rd floor. You heard her cough!" he cried. "I"m going back in."
"No, you"ll never make it!" shouted James.

And then, a broad shouldered man burst from the darkness, running hard, and ran into the house.
"What the..."
"To the window!" cried Horatio, leaping over the flames surrounding the estate.
"Throw her down. I"ll catch her!" clamoured Horatio. Slowly, a figure appeared from the window. His face covered in an unreadable cover...

The man stopped speaking.
"What? That can"t be the end!" said the child.
"Child, it is not the end, just what might have been. Or rather, a fragment of what could once have been. In time, you will learn this."
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:09:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Addendum:

The living players list should also have "15. Beginner"
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:23:58 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:17:20 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne
Senpai has noticed you.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:24:59 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:23:58 AM, Beginner wrote:
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne

Of course.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:30:42 AM
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne

I'm town. And popular. To clarify, it means that while normally it would take 8 votes to lynch in this round, for me it will take 9 votes.

Your turn, what precisely are your respective claims, IFLYHIGH and Beginner?

VTL IFLYHIGH
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:33:23 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:30:42 AM, JonMilne wrote:
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne

I'm town. And popular. To clarify, it means that while normally it would take 8 votes to lynch in this round, for me it will take 9 votes.

VTL IFLYHIGH

Just for future reference since I've noticed you've made a habit of role claiming, we usually only pressure for character claims on DP1.

unvote. VTL Frack.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:39:24 AM
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne

I do realize you have qualms against claiming. Of course, there is a rationale against claiming. However, the benefits outweigh the costs as long as claiming is regulated; done only to a certain degree. A couple claims helps get the game started. Further claims are only requested of those who commit more scum-tell than others.
Plus: claims do not necessarily have to entail everything. You can simply character claim, give us the name of your character.. role claim, give us your role's function, full claim, give us everything, or soft claim, discreetly feed us hints.

VTL IFLYHIGH

Claims help us get working analyses going. The target's reaction, the content and potential falsity of its claim, etc. are great starting points for these analyses.
IFLY, let's have your claim.
VTL IFLYHIGH
Senpai has noticed you.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:43:33 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:41:48 AM, Beginner wrote:
Frackjack has closed his account

His new account is Nightofthecats or something stupid like that. He is still playing.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:49:30 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:44:52 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Give me about 10 minutes so I can come up with a fake claim. I'm going to set my status to 'offline' now.

LOL FOS! (Made my morning! 1:48AM)
Seriously though.. this inb4 doesn't eliminate the fact that you have stalled and chosen to arbitrarily respond to the game's posts. Scummmyyy
Senpai has noticed you.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 7:08:08 AM
Since I won't be on for long I'm the Town messenger. Plus I'll be gone for the weekend.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 7:09:11 AM
VTL Khaos for claim.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 8:43:03 AM
At 8/15/2013 3:39:24 AM, Beginner wrote:
VTL JonMilne.

for a claim correct?
VTL JonMilne

I do realize you have qualms against claiming. Of course, there is a rationale against claiming. However, the benefits outweigh the costs as long as claiming is regulated; done only to a certain degree. A couple claims helps get the game started. Further claims are only requested of those who commit more scum-tell than others.
Plus: claims do not necessarily have to entail everything. You can simply character claim, give us the name of your character.. role claim, give us your role's function, full claim, give us everything, or soft claim, discreetly feed us hints.

VTL IFLYHIGH

Claims help us get working analyses going. The target's reaction, the content and potential falsity of its claim, etc. are great starting points for these analyses.
IFLY, let's have your claim.
VTL IFLYHIGH

why are you giving us a lesson on types of claims?
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 8:44:55 AM
At 8/15/2013 7:08:08 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Since I won't be on for long I'm the Town messenger. Plus I'll be gone for the weekend.

Couldn't you have just told someone else in a MESSAGE you were, and not risk being outted?

VTL LANNAN
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:08:02 AM
I think the split NP is that it is a very interesting development to alleviate confusion. My guess is that Logic provides information in the first NP, possibly about other player's roles that allows people to act accordingly for the second NP. I can easily see it being used to enhance suicidal-type roles which Logic used in the past few games. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think we should adopt a mafiascum style of claiming, i.e. not claim unless the player is about to be lynched. We could just analyze behaviors and eventually agree on the scummiest player. If that player is about to be lynched, they can decide whether to claim or not. That way, we get claims out of the most suspicious players first - the ones that have been wagoned. If they claim something very townish, we'll have a wagon to analyze - seeing as everyone would have to justify why they are voting to lynch that player.

IFLY, can you point out where JonMilne has made a habit of role-claiming?

TA, what do you think a messenger role is, i.e. when do you believe players can normally send messages?

Bull, why nightofcats?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:36:43 AM
I am the miller. I'll post more later but I am not completely sure that my character is 'real'. I don't have a name and the description of my character almost sounds like a fantasy.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:49:49 AM
At 8/15/2013 11:08:02 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think the split NP is that it is a very interesting development to alleviate confusion. My guess is that Logic provides information in the first NP, possibly about other player's roles that allows people to act accordingly for the second NP. I can easily see it being used to enhance suicidal-type roles which Logic used in the past few games. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think we should adopt a mafiascum style of claiming, i.e. not claim unless the player is about to be lynched. We could just analyze behaviors and eventually agree on the scummiest player. If that player is about to be lynched, they can decide whether to claim or not. That way, we get claims out of the most suspicious players first - the ones that have been wagoned. If they claim something very townish, we'll have a wagon to analyze - seeing as everyone would have to justify why they are voting to lynch that player.

IFLY, can you point out where JonMilne has made a habit of role-claiming?

TA, what do you think a messenger role is, i.e. when do you believe players can normally send messages?

I understand what you are getting at, but with 2 Night phases, I don't see a reason that Lannan couldn't easily be comfirmed.

Bull, why nightofcats?

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:52:34 AM
At 8/15/2013 11:49:49 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

I understand what you are getting at, but with 2 Night phases, I don't see a reason that Lannan couldn't easily be comfirmed.

I think his intention was to avoid people spending time pressuring him this DP when he isn't going to be here.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:13:43 PM
I've only been in one of LoR's games before, but since it's all custom that he made up, how does getting character claims help? I can see that people with the good characters can confirm themselves, but if someone has one of the characters that's portrayed as bad, then they just have to quickly come up with a fake name that sounds reasonable, don't they? Or have I missed something from his past games?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:14:04 PM
I picked Frack pretty much at random. That's as good a place to start as any trying to draw out claims.

I'd like to know more about why you think we should not push for claims, I feel like the system used here works pretty well if it's used correctly.

What incentive is there for everyone to not claim ?

I think the idea of getting claims early is to lock people into a claim of some kind before the dynamics and setup of the game are fully revealed. By telling everyone NOT to claim, and to focus purely on behavior, you're decidedly going to impact their behavior, likely resulting in skewed reads or altered behavior.

I just don't see that the benefits of NOT claiming at least a character outweigh the benefits of getting several claims early. I'm more than willing to hear what you've got to say on the matter. I guess this will be one of those [DP1 Lynch Good/Bad] or [Vanilla CC] issues everyone just has their opinion on. I don't really see how the opposite opinion makes any sense, but it obviously does to somebody.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:17:05 PM
At 8/15/2013 12:13:43 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I've only been in one of LoR's games before, but since it's all custom that he made up, how does getting character claims help? I can see that people with the good characters can confirm themselves, but if someone has one of the characters that's portrayed as bad, then they just have to quickly come up with a fake name that sounds reasonable, don't they? Or have I missed something from his past games?

kindof, but there are very often references to other characters in his OPs and in actual role pms.

and even if it doesn't explicitly and directly help, there's really not much reason it should hurt us. so why not do it?
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:17:18 PM
At 8/15/2013 11:52:34 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/15/2013 11:49:49 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

I think his intention was to avoid people spending time pressuring him this DP when he isn't going to be here.

I would have rather he character claimed and accomplished the same thing.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:25:15 PM
At 8/15/2013 12:14:04 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I picked Frack pretty much at random. That's as good a place to start as any trying to draw out claims.

I'd like to know more about why you think we should not push for claims, I feel like the system used here works pretty well if it's used correctly.

What incentive is there for everyone to not claim ?

I think the idea of getting claims early is to lock people into a claim of some kind before the dynamics and setup of the game are fully revealed. By telling everyone NOT to claim, and to focus purely on behavior, you're decidedly going to impact their behavior, likely resulting in skewed reads or altered behavior.

I just don't see that the benefits of NOT claiming at least a character outweigh the benefits of getting several claims early. I'm more than willing to hear what you've got to say on the matter. I guess this will be one of those [DP1 Lynch Good/Bad] or [Vanilla CC] issues everyone just has their opinion on. I don't really see how the opposite opinion makes any sense, but it obviously does to somebody.

Is this in reference to what I said? Normally, I'm all for getting a few character claims on the first dp and then subsequent dps if we don't have anything. I'm just not that experienced with LoR's games, and since they're entirely made by him, I'm just wondering how character claims can help the town much.

Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:29:31 PM
At 8/15/2013 12:25:15 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Is this in reference to what I said? Normally, I'm all for getting a few character claims on the first dp and then subsequent dps if we don't have anything. I'm just not that experienced with LoR's games, and since they're entirely made by him, I'm just wondering how character claims can help the town much.

the post you quoted was actually addressing F-16.

I responded to your post by quoting it.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:30:12 PM
At 8/15/2013 12:17:05 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 8/15/2013 12:13:43 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

kindof, but there are very often references to other characters in his OPs and in actual role pms.

and even if it doesn't explicitly and directly help, there's really not much reason it should hurt us. so why not do it?

Well it could hurt. Based on the op, I'd guess Horatio, James, and Lauren are all pro-town. If we pressure one of those people into claiming, we could put a main character at risk early on in the game. I'm not saying we shouldn't get the claims, I'm just wondering how much it can really help before I pressure for them.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 12:33:43 PM
At 8/15/2013 12:29:31 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 8/15/2013 12:25:15 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

the post you quoted was actually addressing F-16.

I responded to your post by quoting it.

I saw the second part after.