4. Rocket - Azrael - Ninja - Mafia
5. Noctan - Papa Smurf - Doctor - Town
6. TN05 - Dreamy Smurf - Dreamer - Town
7. JohnMilne - Tracker Smurf - Tracker - Town
8. HatStand - Vanity Smurf - Self-Watcher - Town

Night Actions:
https://docs.google.com...

Analysis:
I think the big hampering of Town was the fact that it, for some reason, got it into its head that claiming was bad. I get that claiming can backfire, but overall, and on the long term, it is necessary. This was evident toward the end of the last phase, where HatStand correctly discovered Crypto's fake claim. At LYLO (which everyone should have realized it was), everyone should have full claimed and then you lynch the scummiest person.

Unfortunately, you couldn't get the votes in time. I'm going to take a break from the beginner's game (few days to a couple weeks) and redesign them. I'm going to keep the 8 players; I think that's a good number. However, I'm probably going to eliminate the first phase as I don't think it's really that necessary and doesn't really reflect any of the types of games we actually play here.

I want to thank everyone that played and stuck with it, and I think everyone is ready to start playing regular games.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 10:10:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not role claiming killed this game for town. I role claimed early (partly because I promised to, partly to find out which person targeted me) and hoped others would follow, but nobody really did. That put a huge target on my back, and I couldn't just push for everyone to role claim because at least one person (Jon) suspected me of being mafia. I am not surprised I died in the least - what I am surprised by is someone hiding behind me, when I clearly had the biggest target on my chest, but oh well, what is done is done. Good game everyone. :)
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 10:29:19 AM
Awesome. These games have been cool to watch :) when 15.x comes up I will probably sign up as soon as possible.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:15:14 PM
Good job minions! I like this patch of beginners btw. You guys have created your own playstyles too, which is funny. I can't wait to see how they all work in conjunction with the veterans.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:58:11 PM
At 8/15/2013 7:34:39 AM, drafterman wrote:

I want to thank everyone that played and stuck with it, and I think everyone is ready to start playing regular games.

Thanks for running these, drafter. Don't know if I actually think I'm ready for the real-deal, though. That, or I am as ready as I'll ever be, and I just suck. Either way: thanks again!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 4:11:51 PM
At 8/15/2013 3:58:11 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Thanks for running these, drafter. Don't know if I actually think I'm ready for the real-deal, though. That, or I am as ready as I'll ever be, and I just suck. Either way: thanks again!

Don't be too hard on yourself.
Being ready for the real-deal is a matter of understanding how to play, not being good at it. Trust me, there are plenty of players that aren't too good at the game, and a lot of people would lump me in that category.

You only get better by playing with the "big boys", and you show real promise.

In fact, you all do.
This is a good batch of beginners, IMO.
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 4:40:43 PM
At 8/15/2013 3:58:11 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

You are more ready for the real deal, than some of the people who play in the real deal are. Trust me. Just be confident with yourself, and don't let any of the vets scare you away. You know what you are doing mate.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 6:33:28 PM
At 8/15/2013 6:31:08 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Thanks for running these Drafter! It was fun and very helpful!

Oh, and make this 3/3 wins for me as Mafia heheh.

To be fair, mafia won every game... I was pretty close to winning as serial killer, though. :P
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 6:34:06 PM
At 8/15/2013 6:33:28 PM, TN05 wrote:

To be fair, mafia won every game... I was pretty close to winning as serial killer, though. :P

True dat.

Ah, that reminds me of the game when I claimed third party and screwed myself over. xD
Nolite Timere
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 6:37:04 PM
At 8/15/2013 6:34:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

True dat.

Ah, that reminds me of the game when I claimed third party and screwed myself over. xD

It was that same game, actually.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 8:44:16 PM

I wouldn't be concerned about that. These games aren't built for balance.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 9:36:38 PM
This was by far the funniest beginner series I've ever read. Every game was more ridiculous and hilarious than the last. I absolutely loved it.

Lannan VTL for a claim in a all vanilla game...twice. Crypto fake claiming TP. Beginner pasting his PM in the 4th game! Oh man. Great series.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...