drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 7:30:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
https://docs.google.com...

Column Description:
ID - A unique ID to preserver ordering (they are ordered as they appear in the Mafia Archive).
thread - Thread Number. Simply add the thread to the end of : www.debate.org/forums/games/topic/
users - The number of people that posted in that phase (one less)
posts - The number of posts in that phase (one less)
start - When the phase started (seconds since epoch)
end - When the phase ended (seconds since epoch)
duration - The duration of the phase, in seconds (end - start)
result - The result of the phase (Lynch, Mislynch, No Lynch, Error). Error means the script either overtly produced gibberish or the result was ambiguous and requires manual review,
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:52:30 AM
Request: Add the DP number if it pleases you.

Questions: Why are there negative/zero DP durations? Why are so many (nearly half) of the results "Errors"? What is the reference point ("epoch") of the seconds (I got 1972 from the first stat)?
0x5f3759df
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 12:17:13 PM
At 8/18/2013 11:52:30 AM, Bullish wrote:
Request: Add the DP number if it pleases you.

I plan on adding game, DP, mod, and game outcome to each line.

Questions: Why are there negative/zero DP durations?

The script determined the "end" time based on the last post made by the mod in the thread. If no such post was found, then whatever value was captured previously was used by default.

Why are so many (nearly half) of the results "Errors"?

Most for the reason mentioned above. For the rest it was because the outcome of the DP was not readily evident from the last post made by the mod.

What is the reference point ("epoch") of the seconds (I got 1972 from the first stat)?

It's system specific, from what I can tell. It's pretty much irrelevant, since what matters is the duration. I kept the original start/end times so that other stats can be obtained in the future (such as the number of concurrent mafia games for a given point in time).
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 12:22:34 PM
Thanks for the answers. I look forward to your results and salute your hard work on this game. If you need help or anything I can devote about an hour or two of my time. I have a little bit of experience in Java if that helps.
0x5f3759df
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 2:18:41 PM
UPDATE:
Added the following columns:
game - The title of the Mafia game
mod - The mod of the game
winner - The overall winner of that game
dp - The DP of that thread

There were some inconsistencies in how the links to each thread were listed in the Archive thread. Some were debate.org, others were www.debate.org. I modified my script to catch both kinds, increasing the number of records to 741.

I also modified how it looks for the final post, and that cleared up some of the errors. It is also correctly posting the numbers of users and posts (previously it started counting at 0, not 1).

Right now there are 392 errors (about half) which will require manual inspection.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 7:28:56 PM
UPDATE:
Finally fixed the issues with the wonky times. 12-hour time is a b1tch to code for. Anyway, all of the start/end times seem to be legit, meaning all of the durations should be correct.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 8:13:33 PM
At 10/2/2013 6:59:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Pretty. Still trying to figure out what to make of it.

It means you're pro. Happy? :)
0x5f3759df
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 8:27:32 PM
At 10/2/2013 8:13:33 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 10/2/2013 6:59:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Pretty. Still trying to figure out what to make of it.

It means you're pro. Happy? :)

I was thinking more in terms of Town vs. Scum Wins/Loses
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 8:48:11 PM
In mafiascum, town winrates isn't a measure of skill at all since it always the skill of the weakest townies that matter since they are ones left alive towards the end of the game. If you have a low scum win rate, it means you are bad player since you never managed to survive till the end. However, having a high win rate does not mean that you are a good player because there is always the possibility that you were easily caught and it was your partners who led the team to victory.

On DDO, winrate is often skewed because most custom setups are imbalanced. Most wins/losses can be put down as game balance issues.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:06:52 PM
At 10/2/2013 8:48:11 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In mafiascum, town winrates isn't a measure of skill at all since it always the skill of the weakest townies that matter since they are ones left alive towards the end of the game. If you have a low scum win rate, it means you are bad player since you never managed to survive till the end. However, having a high win rate does not mean that you are a good player because there is always the possibility that you were easily caught and it was your partners who led the team to victory.

On DDO, winrate is often skewed because most custom setups are imbalanced. Most wins/losses can be put down as game balance issues.

U jelly?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:20:05 PM
I find non custom set-ups dry, bland, and uninteresting. I do enjoy me a good theme and set-up to examine and analyze

. :P
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:21:34 PM
At 10/2/2013 9:06:52 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

U jelly?

It is true. Barring the rare few setups (like the recent Philosopher's game, or some of drafterman's usual games), most DDO setups rely on roles and game balance plays a critical role in the final result. Individual play may tweak the results but unless player skill is mismatched, balance influences wins.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:24:16 PM
At 10/2/2013 9:21:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/2/2013 9:06:52 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

U jelly?

It is true. Barring the rare few setups (like the recent Philosopher's game, or some of drafterman's usual games), most DDO setups rely on roles and game balance plays a critical role in the final result. Individual play may tweak the results but unless player skill is mismatched, balance influences wins.

(Don't look at my game)

)

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:26:54 PM

I'm totally trying to think of a way to make theme the main element in a game. Roles, balance, take a back seat...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:27:31 PM
At 10/2/2013 9:26:54 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I'm totally trying to think of a way to make theme the main element in a game. Roles, balance, take a back seat...

but yet alot of times, a theme requires roles to go along with that theme, still means the roles are secondary to the theme though, or does it? lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:34:07 PM
I'm now planning a very evil game that involves quantam concepts...

Quantam suicide,
Quantam Mechanics,
Quantam Superpostition...

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:39:37 PM
At 10/2/2013 9:34:07 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
I'm now planning a very evil game that involves quantam concepts...

Quantam suicide,
Quantam Mechanics,
Quantam Superpostition...

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I just spelled quantum wrong 4 times... wow.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 12:12:29 AM
How did the name become "royal" wasnt she called royalpaladin? I imagine you ran a program for this so I dont understand why the name wasnt copy pasted. Same for medic.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 5:15:39 AM
At 10/3/2013 12:12:29 AM, marcuscato wrote:
How did the name become "royal" wasnt she called royalpaladin? I imagine you ran a program for this so I dont understand why the name wasnt copy pasted. Same for medic.

Because I typed the names into the spreadsheet and am lazy.