Jump to topic:

Whats your favorite role?

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 8:28:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I consider Vanillas, millers, and harmless passive roles to be the most powerful role for the town. No worry of confusing or misleading results. Less stress of using a Role on the right person, you've got your voice and your vote. What else do you need?

No worry of flavors, result tampering, making assumptions from them, worrying about sending in actions that could be the reason for The town loss, etc.

Mafia are less inclined to NK you.

I know these points can be applied to normal roles to if you play it right, but I just find nillas simple and fun to play.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Irresistable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 8:30:13 PM
I like the fool role. You just act really dumb and get lynched hahahahaha.

I also like clockmaker because you are almost in autowin.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 8:52:18 PM
Killing roles. Dayvig is the best. Normal Vig a close second. I don't mind passive roles either - or any roles actually. It is affiliation that is most important. I prefer playing as town.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:03:18 PM
My favorite role so far has been my role in Logic's Castle in the Sky game.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:09:07 PM
So far, I'd have to say serial killer. It was pretty fun trying to survive to the end while having to nightkill someone, but not having anybody else to help you.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:46:37 PM
At 8/18/2013 8:28:36 PM, TUF wrote:
I consider Vanillas, millers, and harmless passive roles to be the most powerful role for the town. No worry of confusing or misleading results. Less stress of using a Role on the right person, you've got your voice and your vote. What else do you need?

No worry of flavors, result tampering, making assumptions from them, worrying about sending in actions that could be the reason for The town loss, etc.

I know these points can be applied to normal roles to if you play it right, but I just find nillas simple and fun to play.

I agree. You can also play as if you have a power role to try and draw mafia kills/actions and save power roles.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:47:11 PM

In the beginner game I played, the miller would always look like mafia if investigated. Is that standard? And if so, why do you consider it a good role?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 10:23:00 PM
My favorite role so far has been the innocent child in Lucky's Eternal Nightmare. The knowledge that I was going to be mod-confirmed made me feel completely free to do and say whatever I wanted.

As scum, I prefer joat's.

As far as affiliation goes, I prefer town, followed by mafia. I've never been third party and I don't think I'd like to; I enjoy communicating with teammates, as anyone who has been in a mafia PM with me can attest.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 12:37:31 AM
Town Vig. You can win games without relying on your team.

Redirector is 2nd, as it also gives you great control over the game, as both town or scum.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 1:56:34 AM
I'm sure no one is surprised that I like third-party roles the best, particularly Serial Killer.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Irresistable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:34:09 AM
At 8/19/2013 1:56:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm sure no one is surprised that I like third-party roles the best, particularly Serial Killer.

hi 5 TPR fans 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:54:56 AM
My Favorite Role is neutral survivor.

No Game-Breaking Win-Con, just skill.

Next Time I am one, I plan to actually post analysis.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 10:30:40 AM
Of the four roles I've had in 3 games? Gotta be the roleblocker. With the knowledge that I was surely going to get vigilanted and knowing who the serial killer was, it helped me win my first ever game. I think the Flip Flop, if I'd had more exposure to it, would have been a lot of fun as well.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:29:40 PM
At 8/19/2013 2:34:09 AM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/19/2013 1:56:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:

hi 5 TPR fans 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!

No.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 11:18:52 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:54:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
My Favorite Role is neutral survivor.

No Game-Breaking Win-Con, just skill.

Next Time I am one, I plan to actually post analysis.

Noted.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 12:25:47 AM
At 8/18/2013 9:47:11 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

In the beginner game I played, the miller would always look like mafia if investigated. Is that standard? And if so, why do you consider it a good role?

Nobody lynched millers lol
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 12:32:06 AM
At 8/20/2013 12:25:47 AM, TUF wrote:
At 8/18/2013 9:47:11 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Nobody lynched millers lol

Nobody lynched me, true, but I was deathly afraid of talking, 'cause I knew if anyone checked anything I said it would come up lies or mafia.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!