Total Posts:87|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

voters choice: story concept mafia sign ups

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 10:38:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I have narrowed the choices down to two mafia games I have been working on for a while. I will let the players that sign up choose which one they want to play more. I will give a brief description about both game also.

Veranova Mafia

The peaceful, serene, loving domain called Veranova, is a place inhabited by souls. It does not exist on any physical plane we know of. The souls communicate with each other, existing through naivety and love. They love their way of life, and exist off of ideals, and morals. But what happens when someone dare think different? How does the concept of hate, anger, or mutuality work within the confines of this environment? The threat of an idealistic manipulation manifesto is present, and the souls don't like it. Working together, will the souls be able to banish this new harmful way of thinking? Will they give into manipulation? Can these ideals ever be good? Find out, and join in on the philosophy of Veranova mafia! Coming soon to the games forum.

- game features recruit based anti town affiliation
- multiple factions
- A higher town to scum ratio to counter recruitments
- not as role influenced, similar to Xmas mafia rather than Walmart mafia
- Story influences by in game occurrences, designed to provide hints for all factions

Charlie's Nightmare

Welcome to Charlies world. A young boy, Charlie has led a harsh life at only 7 years old. The death of his parents, bullying, and foster parent abuse plague Charlie's life. Charlie runs away from it all, seeking to accomplish his young dreams. Pedaling his heart away on his rusty old bike, Charlies goals were set! Until the accident. Charlie now in a coma, has to find the will to live. He must fight his demons, or his nightmares and find the will to live before it is too late. In this game every player will be a part of Charlies psychology. Memories, hopes, dreams, fears. Everything that has led Charlie to the place he is in his life right now. Will Charlie fight out of this coma, or will his demons take him? Find out in: Charlie's Nightmare! Coming soon to the games forum.

-HEAVY story influence.
- Exemplifies the artistic nature of the human brain and connections we make from life experiences
- creative roles, strictly weighed so that both teams are equally and fairly balanced
- game focuses on player choice and interpetation

I probably have poured more time and effort into Charlie's Nightmare, but I can easily strengthen the other one if people are more interested in the concept. Both games require a lot of activity, and reading in order to understand a lot of the concept. Neither of the games will be finished for another week or two, which hopefully I will be finished by the time it is my turn on the list. Please only sign up if you can commit to being active. Don't sign up if you don't know if you will be online in the next few weeks. If you don't want to play, your vote towards the theme will still count if you want to join the spectators PM.

add numbers as needed.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

Spectators PM

1.
2.
3.
4.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 10:45:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
No.trolls. if I don't know you expect to be given a mafia quiz. I will also ask airmax for IP checks.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 10:54:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

Spectators PM

1. Shadowguynick (Charlie's Nightmare)
2.
3.
4.

I just want to vote, not play. Charlies Nightmare sounds really cool. I am willing to attempt a mafia test if you want me to.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 10:58:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 10:54:16 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
1. NightofCats ( Charlie's )
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

Spectators PM

1. Shadowguynick (Charlie's Nightmare)
2.
3.
4.

I just want to vote, not play. Charlies Nightmare sounds really cool. I am willing to attempt a mafia test if you want me to.
Irresistable
Posts: 224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:10:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:02:41 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:00:14 PM, Irresistable wrote:
Give me a quiz and if i pass it then let me play.

Fuck off

Sorry dude, I don't fucking want to.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:12:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:10:25 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:02:41 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:00:14 PM, Irresistable wrote:
Give me a quiz and if i pass it then let me play.

Fuck off

Sorry dude, I don't fucking want to.

That's too bad. You lost DDO's trust.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:15:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
These games are probably too high-concept for my noobery.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Irresistable
Posts: 224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:12:54 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:10:25 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:02:41 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:00:14 PM, Irresistable wrote:
Give me a quiz and if i pass it then let me play.

Fuck off

Sorry dude, I don't fucking want to.

That's too bad. You lost DDO's trust.

Aw. What a shame.

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:17:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM, Irresistable wrote:

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.

I believe it was also that the applicant not be a troll.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:18:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:12:54 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:10:25 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:02:41 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:00:14 PM, Irresistable wrote:
Give me a quiz and if i pass it then let me play.

Fuck off

Sorry dude, I don't fucking want to.

That's too bad. You lost DDO's trust.

Aw. What a shame.

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.

No, Im quite sure you banned no matter what.
Irresistable
Posts: 224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:20:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:17:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM, Irresistable wrote:

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.

I believe it was also that the applicant not be a troll.

I am not a troll.
Irresistable
Posts: 224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:20:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:18:08 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:12:54 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:10:25 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:02:41 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:00:14 PM, Irresistable wrote:
Give me a quiz and if i pass it then let me play.

Fuck off

Sorry dude, I don't fucking want to.

That's too bad. You lost DDO's trust.

Aw. What a shame.

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.

No, Im quite sure you banned no matter what.

That's great to know. Remind me to care about how sure you are of my success because I think I'm forgetting to do that. :)
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:21:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:20:09 PM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:17:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/18/2013 11:15:40 PM, Irresistable wrote:

How cute. The entry condition is a quiz. If I pass the quiz, I can play. Thanks for your input.

I believe it was also that the applicant not be a troll.

I am not a troll.

Didn't say, necessarily, that you were.

Just that your description of the entry condition was inaccurate. It said no trolls, and if the OP doesn't know you, to expect to be given a quiz.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:36:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:25:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:
How is there a flame war before the game?

It's not a flame 'war'. More like a flame 'teaching', which Irresistible needs.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:43:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. NightofCats ( Charlie's )
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Blackhawk1331 (either)
14.
15.

Spectators PM

1. Shadowguynick (Charlie's Nightmare)
2.
3.
4.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 1:36:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm going to give this a little time, but both themes presented are extremely appealing.
Senpai has noticed you.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 1:46:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/18/2013 11:25:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:
How is there a flame war before the game?

I think I started a trend :(
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:34:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Irresistible, if you can play nicely with others then I will let you play. Where have you played before?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Irresistable
Posts: 224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:43:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 2:34:12 AM, TUF wrote:
Irresistible, if you can play nicely with others then I will let you play. Where have you played before?

Epicmafia.com
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 4:14:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 2:43:10 AM, Irresistable wrote:
At 8/19/2013 2:34:12 AM, TUF wrote:
Irresistible, if you can play nicely with others then I will let you play. Where have you played before?

Epicmafia.com

Who was your old DDO account?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
JonMilne
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 10:38:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 12:34:33 AM, JonMilne wrote:
I'm in.

To clarify, since I posted this from my mobile phone, I'm in for Charlie's Nightmare.