Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Yu-Gi-Oh mafia DP2

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

We have an amateur photographer's photo here, taken at twilight. http://www.google.com... It only got worse as the night continued.

However, officials have estimated that travel will be possible by the end of the day, as the magic has begun to wear off. The tournament shall continue as planned.

No one has died yet.

This Duel Phase will end on Saturday at 16:00 DDO time.
With 15 duelists, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
Living Duelists:
1. Hatstand (replacing Buddamoose)
2. Johnmilne
3. beginner
4. TN05
5. Drafterman
6. TUF
7. IFLY
8. Bull_Diesel
9. Lannan13
10. FrackJack
11. TA
12. Blackhawk1331
13. Shadowguynick (replacing Daytonanerd)
14. Airmax
15. Bullish
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.

So we have role confirmation.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

VTL TN05 for death.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:32:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Putting this here for easy reference.

At 8/17/2013 8:53:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Here's the full list in exchange for what IWWTP and IWWTT means.

CLAIMS LIST

FULL CLAIM
Airmax - Summoned Skull - Vanilla - IWWTP
Bullish - The Alligator's Sword - Odd night watcher/even night vigilante - 1500/1200 - IWWTP

ROLE CLAIM

Jonmilne - The Mystical Elf - stops a roleblocker? http://www.debate.org... - IWWTP
Lannan13 - Time Wizard - Chose between vig, commuter, and 1x rolechange - 500/?
Beginner - Big Shield Gardna - Ability corresponds with character
Blackhawk1331 - Gearfried the Iron Knight - BP - IWWTP

CHARACTER CLAIM

TN05 - Change of Heart - IWWTP
Drafterman [C] - Kuriboh - Mass roleblock(?)
TUF - Silver Fang
IFLY - Shield & Sword
Bull_Diesel - Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress #1 (of 2?)
FrackJack (NightOfCats) - Dark Magician Girl - IWWTP
TA - Gamma the Magnet Warrior with an exodia piece (1 of 5?) - 1500/1800? - IWWTP

NO CLAIM

HatStand (Replacing Buddamoose) -
Shadowguynick (replacing daytonanerd) -

Drafterman is pretty much confirmed.
0x5f3759df
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:37:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

There's no reason to think mafia would have popular townie roles, investigator roles, Doctor roles, or mason roles, but we've seen all of those.

But I don't know if Kuriboh is likely to be scum. I'll give it thought.

http://yugioh.wikia.com...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:42:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

VTL TN05 for death.

Not even going to ask for the new people to character claim?

BTW, I am pretty certain Airmax is lying about his claim. He claimed Summoned Skull and vanilla townie. According to the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki:

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

Summoned Skull is a "fiend with dark powers for confusing the enemy. Among the Fiend-Type monsters, this monster boasts considerable force".

Does that sound like vanilla to you?
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:47:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:42:46 PM, TN05 wrote:
BTW, I am pretty certain Airmax is lying about his claim. He claimed Summoned Skull and vanilla townie. According to the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki:

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

Summoned Skull is a "fiend with dark powers for confusing the enemy. Among the Fiend-Type monsters, this monster boasts considerable force".

Does that sound like vanilla to you?

Eh, he seems like he would be more than a vanilla, but I have no idea how khaos set up this game.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:49:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:49:08 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Drafter what did I miss about TN05?

I don't remember seeing much from him yesterday

They believe I am mafia/3rd party recruiter.
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:51:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:49:36 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:49:08 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Drafter what did I miss about TN05?

I don't remember seeing much from him yesterday

They believe I am mafia/3rd party recruiter.

why?

Are you?

I'd like your full claim.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 1:52:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:51:25 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:49:36 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:49:08 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Drafter what did I miss about TN05?

I don't remember seeing much from him yesterday

They believe I am mafia/3rd party recruiter.

why?

Are you?

I'd like your full claim.

Nope, I'm psychiatrist. Each night I choose a player, and if they are serial killer they are converted to vanilla town.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:01:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:37:59 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

There's no reason to think mafia would have popular townie roles,

To be harder to lynch.

investigator roles,

To learn about town roles in order to prioritize kills, roleblocks, etc.

Doctor roles,

To protect against SK or Vigilante

or mason roles,

Another way of gathering information.

but we've seen all of those.

Because there are reasons for having all of those.

But I don't know if Kuriboh is likely to be scum. I'll give it thought.

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

It's not the character you need to ask about. You need to ask why a mafioso would have a universal roleblock ability. I didn't just prevent the night kill. I prevented ALL night actions. The only exception I can think of is Jon's ability to protect someone from being roleblocked.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:03:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:42:46 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

VTL TN05 for death.

Not even going to ask for the new people to character claim?

Nope.


BTW, I am pretty certain Airmax is lying about his claim. He claimed Summoned Skull and vanilla townie. According to the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki:

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

Summoned Skull is a "fiend with dark powers for confusing the enemy. Among the Fiend-Type monsters, this monster boasts considerable force".

Does that sound like vanilla to you?

I'm done arguing with people. If mafia can outright lie and hundreds of data points over the course of two years isn't enough to convince people, then I don't know what will. All I know is that consensus was moving toward you at the end of last phase. You're scum, and you seem like an easy lynch. That's all I need to worry about now.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:03:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:49:08 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Drafter what did I miss about TN05?

The consensus seems to be he's TP.


I don't remember seeing much from him yesterday
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:05:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Based upon last phase, I disagree.


Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?

Confirmation. It really doesn't matter when I use my ability. Since last phase was a No Lynch I can pretend it never happened and keep moving.

You should be thrilled. It's like a double-length DP. And the longer the DP, the better, right? RIGHT?
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:08:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?

that seems obvious, he wanted to be confirmed town.

As is all we know is that Drafter claimed to be KURIBOH , then apparently the NP was skipped, and the message I received coupled with the OP from this phase seems to indicated Kuriboh are/is the reason.
The thing i'm concerned about is that this seems very much like a super convenient ploy Drafter could have orchestrated as mafia/scum.

I'm not saying I believe this to be evidence of Drafter's affiliation or that it even means anything but the following have crossed my mind:

1.) Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it.
- From the OP this phase, doesn't seem 100% consistent with Drafter simply claiming the character Kuriboh. Seems that this ability was granted by the possession of a card.

I'd like to know more about this from Drafter.

2.) Skipping a night phase theoretically shouldn't help scum, unless there is some kind of role/ability that needs to 'charge' for a certain number of turns. I don't know if this is the case, i've only played a handful of cardgames like this a handful of times, but it seems reasonable that we should consider the massroleblock might not necessarily be a town sided role.

3.) We still don't have very much information on anyone at this point, but Tuf's point about "figuring stuff out tonight" doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I guess it's because he has been so strong recently against DP1 lynches. I realize these are not the same thing but why should TUF care if we have night actions NP1 if he has stated already that he doesn't support lynches DP1. By his logic isn't a DP1 no lynch and a NP1 forfeiture actually a boon? Mafia hasn't killed anyone yet and he has some (very little) information to work with. I'm not reading too much into this, but something feels a bit off.

4.) I had an excellent point to make here and somebody just called me from the USPA , I forgot everything I was about to type while I was arguing with them. I'll re-read the posts and check in after I put this fire out. Hopefully I remember by later.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:10:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:01:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:37:59 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

There's no reason to think mafia would have popular townie roles,

To be harder to lynch.

investigator roles,

To learn about town roles in order to prioritize kills, roleblocks, etc.

Doctor roles,

To protect against SK or Vigilante

or mason roles,

Another way of gathering information.

but we've seen all of those.

Because there are reasons for having all of those.

Those are also all pro-town looking roles, giving mafia good fake claims.

Just like their are mafia reasons to have mass roleblocker on NP1, the night where a cop could have investigated TN05, or a tracker could have checked him too see if he was recruiting someone. Or even a vig killing him. Any specific reason for using your role tonight? BTW I've seen two mass roleblockers as mafia roles before, once in medics bond game, and I am straining to remember the second one. I've also used one in my game. I am finding it interesting that you want me to think you are confirmed for using your role.

But I don't know if Kuriboh is likely to be scum. I'll give it thought.

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

It's not the character you need to ask about. You need to ask why a mafioso would have a universal roleblock ability.

"Why" doesn't really matter does it? Mods put roles in the game like this all the time, roles that don't have good reasons to put in the game.

I didn't just prevent the night kill. I prevented ALL night actions. The only exception I can think of is Jon's ability to protect someone from being roleblocked.

Thanks for reminding me about that. Yes, his role seems to be a counter part to yours indeed. Whether it makes sense to make him town affiliated and you mafia affiliated, is the bigger question.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:10:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:08:06 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?

that seems obvious, he wanted to be confirmed town.

As is all we know is that Drafter claimed to be KURIBOH , then apparently the NP was skipped, and the message I received coupled with the OP from this phase seems to indicated Kuriboh are/is the reason.
The thing i'm concerned about is that this seems very much like a super convenient ploy Drafter could have orchestrated as mafia/scum.

Oh FFS.


I'm not saying I believe this to be evidence of Drafter's affiliation or that it even means anything but the following have crossed my mind:

1.) Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it.
- From the OP this phase, doesn't seem 100% consistent with Drafter simply claiming the character Kuriboh. Seems that this ability was granted by the possession of a card.

I'd like to know more about this from Drafter.

2.) Skipping a night phase theoretically shouldn't help scum, unless there is some kind of role/ability that needs to 'charge' for a certain number of turns. I don't know if this is the case, i've only played a handful of cardgames like this a handful of times, but it seems reasonable that we should consider the massroleblock might not necessarily be a town sided role.

3.) We still don't have very much information on anyone at this point, but Tuf's point about "figuring stuff out tonight" doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I guess it's because he has been so strong recently against DP1 lynches. I realize these are not the same thing but why should TUF care if we have night actions NP1 if he has stated already that he doesn't support lynches DP1. By his logic isn't a DP1 no lynch and a NP1 forfeiture actually a boon? Mafia hasn't killed anyone yet and he has some (very little) information to work with. I'm not reading too much into this, but something feels a bit off.

I was JUST thinking this. His argument is that longer DP = more information = better chance at finding scum and, presumably, more optimal choices for roles. By that logic, he should be over the moon about this, since now we have double the information. He should be THANKING me that I am helping him to hunt scum and optimize his role choices.


4.) I had an excellent point to make here and somebody just called me from the USPA , I forgot everything I was about to type while I was arguing with them. I'll re-read the posts and check in after I put this fire out. Hopefully I remember by later.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:12:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:10:01 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 2:01:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:37:59 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

There's no reason to think mafia would have popular townie roles,

To be harder to lynch.

investigator roles,

To learn about town roles in order to prioritize kills, roleblocks, etc.

Doctor roles,

To protect against SK or Vigilante

or mason roles,

Another way of gathering information.

but we've seen all of those.

Because there are reasons for having all of those.

Those are also all pro-town looking roles, giving mafia good fake claims.

Just like their are mafia reasons to have mass roleblocker on NP1, the night where a cop could have investigated TN05, or a tracker could have checked him too see if he was recruiting someone. Or even a vig killing him. Any specific reason for using your role tonight? BTW I've seen two mass roleblockers as mafia roles before, once in medics bond game, and I am straining to remember the second one. I've also used one in my game. I am finding it interesting that you want me to think you are confirmed for using your role.

Sorry about bringing this up, but there was a mafia ability for universal roleblock avaliable in 5ds.

But I don't know if Kuriboh is likely to be scum. I'll give it thought.

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

It's not the character you need to ask about. You need to ask why a mafioso would have a universal roleblock ability.

"Why" doesn't really matter does it? Mods put roles in the game like this all the time, roles that don't have good reasons to put in the game.

I didn't just prevent the night kill. I prevented ALL night actions. The only exception I can think of is Jon's ability to protect someone from being roleblocked.

Thanks for reminding me about that. Yes, his role seems to be a counter part to yours indeed. Whether it makes sense to make him town affiliated and you mafia affiliated, is the bigger question.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:12:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:10:01 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 2:01:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:37:59 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:29:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:16:57 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:40:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dateline: Duelist Kingdom. NP1.
Officials last night declared a state of emergency and requested that all duelists stay indoors. Apparently, Kuriboh acquired a powerful magic card and activated it. The streets were shortly flooded with millions of Kuriboh and before long, it was nearly impossible to move at all. The mass of fur was so thick, they even blocked the light from the moon.

At 8/16/2013 1:40:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyway, I'm Kuriboh

At 8/18/2013 12:27:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
No Night Kill Tonight.


So we have role confirmation.

Indeed. And, unless you can think of a reason why mafia would have such an ability, it is as close to affiliation confirmation as you can get.

There's no reason to think mafia would have popular townie roles,

To be harder to lynch.

investigator roles,

To learn about town roles in order to prioritize kills, roleblocks, etc.

Doctor roles,

To protect against SK or Vigilante

or mason roles,

Another way of gathering information.

but we've seen all of those.

Because there are reasons for having all of those.

Those are also all pro-town looking roles, giving mafia good fake claims.

Just like their are mafia reasons to have mass roleblocker on NP1,

But not a mass roleblocker + NK stopper.

the night where a cop could have investigated TN05, or a tracker could have checked him too see if he was recruiting someone. Or even a vig killing him. Any specific reason for using your role tonight? BTW I've seen two mass roleblockers as mafia roles before, once in medics bond game, and I am straining to remember the second one. I've also used one in my game. I am finding it interesting that you want me to think you are confirmed for using your role.

Because there is literally NO reason why my ability would be given to a scum. It can only hurt them.


But I don't know if Kuriboh is likely to be scum. I'll give it thought.

http://yugioh.wikia.com...

It's not the character you need to ask about. You need to ask why a mafioso would have a universal roleblock ability.

"Why" doesn't really matter does it?

It's the only thing that matters.

Mods put roles in the game like this all the time, roles that don't have good reasons to put in the game.

For example?

I didn't just prevent the night kill. I prevented ALL night actions. The only exception I can think of is Jon's ability to protect someone from being roleblocked.

Thanks for reminding me about that. Yes, his role seems to be a counter part to yours indeed. Whether it makes sense to make him town affiliated and you mafia affiliated, is the bigger question.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:13:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:05:07 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Based upon last phase, I disagree.


Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?

Confirmation. It really doesn't matter when I use my ability. Since last phase was a No Lynch I can pretend it never happened and keep moving.

Did you not put it together that investigators would have probably been on TN05 last night, if there were any? Nevermind. What's done is done.

You should be thrilled. It's like a double-length DP. And the longer the DP, the better, right? RIGHT?

Trying so hard to be a douche right now. Efforts in vain. I don't care. I conceded the point yet you still are trying to push it. Why is being right more important to you than figuring out the game? What is pro-town about what you are doing right now?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:15:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I had a big long post written out as a response to Drafter last Day Phase, but I didn't send it to my email yet because it was un-finished, though I was hoping to have it posted before the DP started. Anyways, most of it outlines my FOS on drafter, while the rest is an attempt to diffuse the situation from last DP. I'll be able to post it tomorrow.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:17:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What if the NK was role-blocked, not protected against?

There are ability based NK's that could be blocked. Drafter still is one of i believe 2 people who have claimed an effect monster.

In other news, Drafterman stopped me from passing my card to blackhawk, so by confirming yourself, you stopped me from doing the same.

NYEH.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:17:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:13:28 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/21/2013 2:05:07 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/21/2013 1:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
I think it would have been better to have had a NK than to have roleblocked us. It ewas very possible we could have figured stuff out tonight.

Based upon last phase, I disagree.


Drafter why did you feel the need to use your role tonight as opposed to any other night?

Confirmation. It really doesn't matter when I use my ability. Since last phase was a No Lynch I can pretend it never happened and keep moving.

Did you not put it together that investigators would have probably been on TN05 last night, if there were any? Nevermind. What's done is done.

You should be thrilled. It's like a double-length DP. And the longer the DP, the better, right? RIGHT?

Trying so hard to be a douche right now. Efforts in vain. I don't care. I conceded the point yet you still are trying to push it. Why is being right more important to you than figuring out the game? What is pro-town about what you are doing right now?

You didn't concede the point. You decided that the effort in trying to refute me wasn't worth it which isn't the same, but whatever.

I planned on doing it the second I saw my role PM. All my role effectively does is make a Night Phase skipped. This hurts the mafia. That's why balanced Beloved Princesses skip a NP when NK'd by the Mafia as a punishment to them.

Not only is the very operation of my role pro-town by definition, but I thought it would be quick, easy, and early, confirmation of me as town, which is important to have in a game.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:17:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Note to self: If you EVER, I mean EVER, dis-agree with drafter, or FOS him, expect to be put down. Even if you concede to him, he will just ride you until the game isn't about scum hunting anymore, and it's more about appeasing his ego. Cool, this is turning out to be a fun fvcking game. Fvck this sh1t.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:20:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:12:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
Mods put roles in the game like this all the time, roles that don't have good reasons to put in the game.

For example?

I just said two, and TA pointed out another one. Bond mafia, wal-mart mafia, and 5D's all had universal roleblockers in them. Why do you think this is affiliation confirmation?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 2:20:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 2:17:39 PM, TUF wrote:
Note to self: If you EVER, I mean EVER, dis-agree with drafter, or FOS him, expect to be put down. Even if you concede to him, he will just ride you until the game isn't about scum hunting anymore, and it's more about appeasing his ego. Cool, this is turning out to be a fun fvcking game. Fvck this sh1t.

Fluff post.