Jump to topic:

The Shades of Our Lives DP 3

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 4:45:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Circumstances of NP 3 prevent me from writing a story OP without giving away too much information.

But, I'll probably present you with an imaginary duel between Madoc, one of the night's deceased, and Valdern (the first of the dead Mafia) for some light reading at a later date.

Tonight's dead, ladies and gentleman:

F-16 / Daytona - Madoc - "Once in my life, all that I sought was entry back into the Summer Country [I quote]. But I chose poorly, in so many things, and eventually the reasons that I wanted that so badly were forgotten. Only the idea of the prize remained. And then, when I lost it, and everything else, I started to remember. Then, miraculously, I was given a second chance - and I took it. And now, now that I truly understand what I have, I"m hard-pressed to ever give it up again."

You have gone through a great deal in your life. You could act, but do not. You are the saviour - every night you will be informed of who is to die and what their role is. You may give up your life to save theirs. You win with the town.

Bladerunner - Esmerelda - "It was but the faintest glimpse, but what I saw was a lady who's beauty and nobility captured me forever. I spent my whole life chasing this lady, but it was as if she was a vision, for I never saw her again. What I would have done to see her again." - The words of a noble gentleman.

My fair lady, one might say that you are the elusive Questing Beast - your beauty, your charm, your intelligence... you are that vision of a perfect lady; let us forget for a moment that there are differences in preference in a lady. Your beauty, your nobility, your elegance... one can not fail to respect, adore and cherish who you are. You are also fragile though; what bonds you and those who cherish you make are unbreakable, and long quests to reunite are made. Once a night you may visit somebody and create a bond. You may open a PM with this bond or be elusive and not open a PM (though I will publicise this event in the OPs in the latter case) . Upon the death of you or anyone with a bond to you, you and everyone you have a bond to will die. You win with the Mafia.

Blackhawk - Maximillion Wilters- "A few times in my life I"ve had moments of absolute clarity. When for a few brief seconds the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think, and things seem so sharp and the world seems so fresh. It"s as though it had all just come into existence.

I can never make these moments last. I cling to them, but like everything, they fade. I have lived my life on these moments. They pull me back to the present, and I realize that everything is exactly the way it was meant to be.
"

At times we have the clearest of thoughts. We are lucid, alive and sharp. At times we are bitter, detached and sullen; so it is with you. Every odd night you are the cop, every DP following an even NP you are the hated townie. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. JonMilne
2. Khaos_Mage
3. Lannan13
4. TA
5. Blackhawk (replaces Nightof...)
6. Bull_Diesel
7. IFLY
8. FT
9. Beginner

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 7:09:52 AM
Double voter who can give bullet proof abilities in the night to either himself or any one person who voted for the same person as he did in the previous day period.

VTL FT
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 7:12:18 AM
At 8/25/2013 7:09:52 AM, JonMilne wrote:
Double voter who can give bullet proof abilities in the night to either himself or any one person who voted for the same person as he did in the previous day period.

VTL FT (x2)
Fixed.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:14:31 AM
Really? I'm getting lynched?

I'm a bulletproof roleblocker.

You might want to slow the Day down, and actually listen to what I have to say. I was right about Lucky, so... it's at least worth hearing what my reads are before you lynch me.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:16:52 AM
I have 4 votes on me. This is precisely what bad play looks like...

I need time to go over the game and think about who the mafia are, so basically, don't hammer please until I can do that.

I'll get to it tonight.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:21:06 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:19:35 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
IFLY, who did you use your role on? The number of deaths suggests you motivated a killer of some sort.

Actually, bladerunner's role explains it. I'd still like to know who you motivated.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:32:23 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:14:31 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

You might want to slow the Day down, and actually listen to what I have to say. I was right about Lucky, so... it's at least worth hearing what my reads are before you lynch me.

1) A roleblocker is generally Mafia affiliated. Why should we be sure you're town?

2) Since you've been under no threat of getting NKed by the Mafia what with your supposed abilities, why, if you truly are not scum, did you wait until now to reveal this role of yours?

3) And who precisely have you protected with your BP abilities?

4) In the last DP, you insisted that I must be scum, and yet you went ahead and placed the hammer vote on Lucky anyway. Why did you do this?

5) Why did you repeatedly insist on your interpretation of my role claim http://www.debate.org... and http://www.debate.org... even after people had quite clearly corrected you on this?
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:34:18 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:32:23 AM, JonMilne wrote:
At 8/25/2013 10:14:31 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

1) A roleblocker is generally Mafia affiliated. Why should we be sure you're town?

2) Since you've been under no threat of getting NKed by the Mafia what with your supposed abilities, why, if you truly are not scum, did you wait until now to reveal this role of yours?

3) And who precisely have you used on your roleblocking abilities on?

4) In the last DP, you insisted that I must be scum, and yet you went ahead and placed the hammer vote on Lucky anyway. Why did you do this?

5) Why did you repeatedly insist on your interpretation of my role claim http://www.debate.org... and http://www.debate.org... even after people had quite clearly corrected you on this?

Fixed
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:37:29 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:18:47 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Oh, pretty sure blackhawk investigated me on N1. Why?

His insistence, over and over again based on gut, that I'm town.

And did he ever come up with any results?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:39:24 AM

Behavior (I'm actually town as fvck, behavior-wise), and blackhawk's investigation (I'm relatively certain he investigated me on N1). I'd also recommend looking at roles in context of the game's overall design, especially in a complicated game like this. The role is not inherently affiliated with either side.

I wanted to draw the night-kill, and claiming either bulletproof or roleblocker makes that very unlikely.

I can't protect anyone. I rb'd TA on N1 and Khaos on N2.

I hammered Lucky because he was Yesterday's lynch. I couldn't stop it, as much as I tried, so I put my vote to make sure a lynch went through. I didn't see anyone else doing it, and I didn't want the Day to end without a lynch.

Um, I'm pretty sure I understood your claim quite fine. You're actually misinterpreting my posts, which were directed at what I thought someone else was saying about your role.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:40:22 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:37:29 AM, JonMilne wrote:
At 8/25/2013 10:18:47 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Oh, pretty sure blackhawk investigated me on N1. Why?

His insistence, over and over again based on gut, that I'm town.

And did he ever come up with any results?

He never claimed cop. I'm suggesting that he was soft-claiming his results.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:43:02 AM
Jon, I recommend you take your votes off me while I reread the game. There is literally no reason to rush my lynch, and it is one of my biggest peeves playing this game. Take your time, and allow me to at least offer whatever insight I can into the game before lynching me. That's all I ask.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:51:16 AM
If it makes you feel better i'll wait a little bit before voting you, but before I read even the whole OP this phase I was ready to vote for you, apparently several others had the same thought
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:53:05 AM
It just goes to show how shallow the understanding of behavior/motivation is on this site. I would appreciate you guys waiting on that lynch.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:56:45 AM
FT, full claim and make your case cleanly and clearly or i'm going to hammer in two hours.

your claim about use of your role makes perfect sense given f-16's role. perfect if you're mafia and have to place a night kill.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:57:25 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:51:16 AM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
If it makes you feel better i'll wait a little bit before voting you, but before I read even the whole OP this phase I was ready to vote for you, apparently several others had the same thought

When and why did you change your mind about me? You may recall this post from D2:

At 8/23/2013 11:49:12 AM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
As much as I want to scum read FT right now, his kindof frantic stab in the dark theories ring town to me.

You explicitly stated you thought my theories weren't scummy. Is Lucky's flip the reason you think I'm scum? If so, does that mean you would have read me as town if Lucky had been guilty?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 10:58:29 AM
Bull, there is literally no reason to rush this DP if you're town. I need more than two hours to go over this game and figure out who the remaining mafia is.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:00:22 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:55:03 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I have a question for anyone it applies to.

Why do you want to lynch me?

your behavior to me didn't seem 100% like the feeling I get about your behavior when you're town. I can't point to it exactly but it seemed a little to sporadic or random and the only person you seemed to really be pushing to lynch was me. It's entirely possible you just really believed I was scum but I have more respect for you than to believe you couldn't find any other targets than me. Even after I wouldn't play ball with you you kept throwing my name out.

You claimed you have to use your ability in the firt 18 hours. since F-16 is now confirmed town and was savior, it only makes sense that the negative impact or killing roles must be assigned in the first 18 so that protective roles can combat those effects in the last 18
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:01:21 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:39:24 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

Behavior (I'm actually town as fvck, behavior-wise), and blackhawk's investigation (I'm relatively certain he investigated me on N1). I'd also recommend looking at roles in context of the game's overall design, especially in a complicated game like this. The role is not inherently affiliated with either side.

Quite clearly, not everyone agrees with that sentiment. There's your really bizarre FOS on Khaos even though he was using his abilities for the benefit of town, not to mention the mystery about why you've suspected Bull so much, and then your erratic behaviour towards the end of DP2. And again, without Blackhawk's investigation results, your claim means nothing.

I wanted to draw the night-kill, and claiming either bulletproof or roleblocker makes that very unlikely.

And yet despite that desire of yours, the first version of me died in NP1, and Blackhawk in NP2.

I can't protect anyone. I rb'd TA on N1 and Khaos on N2.

On what grounds?

I hammered Lucky because he was Yesterday's lynch. I couldn't stop it, as much as I tried, so I put my vote to make sure a lynch went through. I didn't see anyone else doing it, and I didn't want the Day to end without a lynch.

Sure, but as someone pointed out, you yourself had said that often a No Lynch was better than a Lynch, and you're insisting right now in this thread that you were right about Lucky being town, and yet you lynched him anyway. If DP2 had ended in a NL and Lucky had survived to DP3, then we might have a clearer idea about things. I myself could have hammered Lucky when he was at 5/7 votes, but I didn't because my suspicion on Beginner was still pretty damn high and I was unwilling to unvote before I went offline.

Um, I'm pretty sure I understood your claim quite fine. You're actually misinterpreting my posts, which were directed at what I thought someone else was saying about your role.

Check the gap between your two linked posts. It's quite clearly explained that I can only either protect myself or one of the people who cast a vote on the same person I did, and yet in your second post you're using the word "everyone". Why would you make such an unbelievably big misunderstanding?
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:02:31 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:58:29 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Bull, there is literally no reason to rush this DP if you're town. I need more than two hours to go over this game and figure out who the remaining mafia is.

how much time do you need? How about midnight tonight?
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:06:56 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:43:02 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Jon, I recommend you take your votes off me while I reread the game. There is literally no reason to rush my lynch, and it is one of my biggest peeves playing this game. Take your time, and allow me to at least offer whatever insight I can into the game before lynching me. That's all I ask.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Unvote. You have till tonight DDO time, or I'm placing my votes back on you.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:07:37 AM
At 8/25/2013 10:59:31 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'm a travellor, and if I choose to visit someone at night, then I rb them and become bulletproof.

that sucks, pretty hard to confirm that in this case.

Also, you said something about lucky's flip. I don't care anything about his flip F-16's is why I think you could be scum.

The post of mine you quoted actually says that I wanted to name you scum but was hesitant because it looked like you might be trying to find scum.

F-16's flip for me and now your either unfortunately true or unfortunately fake role have caused me to believe you could be scum.

Point me towards a sure scum target with a solid clean case and i'll make a decision, short of that or some really convincing testimony, I think you might have to take one for the team. We'll see.