Jump to topic:

The Shades of Our Lives DP 4

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 1:46:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Reviled was the traveler on the previous day, yet now you all mourn.

FT - The traveler " It"s a cold night and you come across a fellow traveler. You talk about a fire, eat and go tell tales of past adventures. Quintessential camaraderie some would say.

Well, you could take his help, his food, his shelter... all shared of course. Each night you may visit another. Should you do so you will roleblock them yet protect yourself in the process. You win with the town.

And another nefarious death. There's only one person the speechgiver cannot say a eulogy for. Himself.

Blackhawk (formerly NightofTheLivingCats) - Walter Poe" Words have a great power over us; you have a skill with words. However, even the best speech writers and delivers err. Each night you will receive 2 (short) speeches. You will choose which one to "deliver" and 2 people to deliver it to. You must choose a speech to deliver. The better speech will galvanise them into following you " you control their votes for the following DP. The worse speech will render you voteless the following day. 3 poor speech choices* will render you permanently voteless. You win with the town.

*Yes, there is an element of subjectivity to this, yet I think my judgements are well grounded for reasons I'm not elaborating on now. Deal with it.

Living Players

1. JonMilne
2. Khaos_Mage
3. Blackhawk (replaces Lannan13)
4. TA
5. Bull_Diesel
6. IFLY
7. Beginner

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:13:49 AM
At 8/28/2013 1:53:51 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
You should just put up the endgame. This is really quite pointless.

They'd have to surrender first, and if there are more than 1 remaining mafia, this game is far from over.
Senpai has noticed you.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:22:01 AM
Why is Beginner so sure there is a TP? There was only one NK in the last NP after all, and there is a just as plausible theory as to why 3 people died in NP 2. The only way Beginner can be so certain a TP exists is if he tried to kill someone last night and failed. This, he is scum.

VTL Beginner(x2)
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:34:55 AM
At 8/28/2013 4:22:01 AM, JonMilne wrote:
Why is Beginner so sure there is a TP? There was only one NK in the last NP after all, and there is a just as plausible theory as to why 3 people died in NP 2. The only way Beginner can be so certain a TP exists is if he tried to kill someone last night and failed. This, he is scum.

VTL Beginner(x2)

DP3 already pretty much established your very probable TP/scum affiliation (refer to FT and Blackhawk's very solid cases). The case has been established, and you are first priority. Bull comes after.
And have you not registered f16's role? If you think any other reason is more plausible (why would mafia want bladerunner dead already when he could be netting more extra kills?), then you are completely delusional.
Senpai has noticed you.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:38:32 AM
I will not lynch Jon on the possibility he's third party. I don't even think third party is a priority anyways..

I'm going to wait for TA to out his results, of which he should have plenty to share. After that, I'm probably going to lynch Bull.

I targeted TA btw. Who did you use your role on Jon?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:47:18 AM

What are you talking about? The night kill didn't fail. Blackhawk is dead.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:09:43 AM
At 8/28/2013 4:47:18 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

What are you talking about? The night kill didn't fail. Blackhawk is dead.

What I'm pointing out is that if the 3rd party (agreed if there is one to be a Serial Killer) exists, then there should be TWO Night Kills orchestrated. One by the Mafia, and one by the Serial Killer. And yet in this last night phase, only one person died, and that was Blackhawk. What I'm saying is, if there is a third party, did they try to kill someone else apart from Blackhawk but failed for whatever reason, like their target being doctored or their target having their own protective mechanisms? But like I said, Beginner seems absolutely certain there is a third party, when an equally plausible explanation exists as to why three people died as a result of the events of NP2.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:12:31 AM
At 8/28/2013 4:38:32 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
I will not lynch Jon on the possibility he's third party. I don't even think third party is a priority anyways..

I'm going to wait for TA to out his results, of which he should have plenty to share. After that, I'm probably going to lynch Bull.

I used my role on you, since out of the three who voted with me for FT, I consider you to be the least suspicious of the bunch, and I wagered on the notion that any scum would think I'd be protecting myself to preserve the town's double voting powers or that I'd protect TA due to his supposed importance to the town.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:14:56 AM
Blackhawk, who did you message, and why not me?
TA, WTF yesterday? What are your results?
Beginner and Jon, get your votes off NOW.

There are likely one or two mafia left, and we don't need them to quick hammer.
My work here is, finally, done.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:18:15 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:12:31 AM, JonMilne wrote:

I used my role on you, since out of the three who voted with me for FT, I consider you to be the least suspicious of the bunch, and I wagered on the notion that any scum would think I'd be protecting myself to preserve the town's double voting powers or that I'd protect TA due to his supposed importance to the town.

This is interesting. You see, I lied about motivating TA. I motivated you. You should have been able to protect two people last night.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:20:36 AM
The only thing I can think is that Logic doesn't outright say "you were rb'd."

I don't remember if he tells you whether your night action fails or not, though I'll ask for clarification. I believe this was an issue in a previous game, so I'll look there first.

Another problem is even if Logic doesn't say anything about a person's night actions failing, why would mafia target me? Why not TA or Jon?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:23:01 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:20:36 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
The only thing I can think is that Logic doesn't outright say "you were rb'd."
Per a discussion I had with Logic this game, I don't think he does say you were rb'd.

I don't remember if he tells you whether your night action fails or not, though I'll ask for clarification. I believe this was an issue in a previous game, so I'll look there first.

Another problem is even if Logic doesn't say anything about a person's night actions failing, why would mafia target me? Why not TA or Jon?

TA would not be a target by mafia, since town is pissed at him.
Of course, this assumes TA is town.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:28:43 AM
1. JonMilne - 2x vote + BP/transfer BP
2. Khaos_Mage - 1x vig
3. Blackhawk (replaces Lannan13) - messenger
4. TA - investigative JOAT
5. Bull_Diesel -
6. IFLY - motivator
7. Beginner -
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:35:36 AM
At 8/28/2013 4:34:55 AM, Beginner wrote:

VTL Beginner(x2)

DP3 already pretty much established your very probable TP/scum affiliation (refer to FT and Blackhawk's very solid cases). The case has been established, and you are first priority. Bull comes after.

I do not think "solid" means what you think it means. The most they can accuse me of is erratic behaviour, and frankly that's a staple of all of my games when I've been town as well as here. That I unvote and then immediately cast a vote to lynch on another person isn't suspicious in the slightest, it's how I've ALWAYS rolled in these games so far, since I don't like to not have a vote cast on someone, and I'm crap at producing my own reads. Their reads on me basically amount to OMGUS as well as the fact I made the admittedly irrational decision to vote for FT's lynch. But if I was truly Mafia, there is no fvcking way I would have gotten in on that lynch. Looking back, everyone in on that lynch stunk to the high heavens of suspicion. If I was truly Mafia, I would have stayed the hell out of that vote to lynch and I would have allowed the inevitable outcome to take it's course, as it would allow far less suspicion to fall on myself. FT was going to be lynched in that day phase, regardless of my double vote being on him or not.

And have you not registered f16's role? If you think any other reason is more plausible (why would mafia want bladerunner dead already when he could be netting more extra kills?), then you are completely delusional.

Have you not registered Bladerunner's role? Let me remind you, and I'll bold the important parts:

My fair lady, one might say that you are the elusive Questing Beast - your beauty, your charm, your intelligence... you are that vision of a perfect lady; let us forget for a moment that there are differences in preference in a lady. Your beauty, your nobility, your elegance... one can not fail to respect, adore and cherish who you are. You are also fragile though; what bonds you and those who cherish you make are unbreakable, and long quests to reunite are made. Once a night you may visit somebody and create a bond. You may open a PM with this bond or be elusive and not open a PM (though I will publicise this event in the OPs in the latter case) . Upon the death of you or anyone with a bond to you, you and everyone you have a bond to will die. You win with the Mafia.

Now, as you correctly point out, Blade had the ability to net some extra kills for the Mafia with his role as he would select one person a night for him to bond with, but take a look at that last bolded part properly, and then truly consider F16's role, and again I'm bolding the particularly important part:

You have gone through a great deal in your life. You could act, but do not. You are the saviour - every night you will be informed of who is to die and what their role is. You may give up your life to save theirs. You win with the town.

So since Budda/Blade was alive during two night phases, we can surmise he created bonds with two players, and it's not unreasonable to think that those two were F16, and Blackhawk. Of course, the former of these was a particularly bad idea, due to the bolded part I highlighted in F16's role. So F16 gets notified that someone he considers particularly important to town's chances of winning is going to die, and so he decides to sacrifice himself in place of the player who was going to be killed. But, by this point, it may appear that F16 was part of a bond that included himself, Blade, and Blackhawk. And what does Blade's role say about what happens when any one person within the bond dies?

Upon the death of you or anyone with a bond to you, you and everyone you have a bond to will die.

So F16's death would cause the death of all 3 people in the bond, if we work under the assumption he chose to sacrifice himself.

Of course, the alternative explanation has suddenly become quite likely in light of your suspicious absolute insistence that a TP Serial Killer exists. Namely, Blade had created two bonds, you as the serial killer killed any one member of the bond, and the Mafia's NK attempt meanwhile failed because of their target getting protected in some way.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:36:21 AM
At 10/17/2012 3:36:56 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Well, it seems likely that I will die tonight. Out of all the roles Logic could have modkilled, he modkills the only protective role left. Fantastic. Anyways, I investigated Caveat. The problem is that Logic didn't tell me if he is inno/guilty. When I asked for my results, he just said that my "question is noted". Obviously I have been roleblocked which pretty much condemns Caveat. It also seems he lied last DP about his abilities. The only thing I am afraid of is if we let Blackvoid live and he is mafia vig, mafia may be able to gain the majority tonight if there is three scum left...

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Yeah, he doesn't say anything. How inconvenient.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:36:28 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:14:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Blackhawk, who did you message, and why not me?
TA, WTF yesterday? What are your results?
Beginner and Jon, get your votes off NOW.

There are likely one or two mafia left, and we don't need them to quick hammer.

Very well. Unvote.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:37:41 AM
Not to mention the mafia rb'er is dead. Well at least the mafia JOAT w/ rb'ing abilities is dead. What are the chances we have two town rb'ers and two mafia rb'ers?
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:39:19 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:18:15 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

This is interesting. You see, I lied about motivating TA. I motivated you. You should have been able to protect two people last night.

Your question was "Who did you use your role on Jon?" I have given you AN answer.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:40:34 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:39:19 AM, JonMilne wrote:

Your question was "Who did you use your role on Jon?" I have given you AN answer.

Are you suggesting you were able to use your role twice? If so, why did you not immediately say so?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:44:35 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:23:01 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
TA would not be a target by mafia, since town is pissed at him.

That would not effect mafia's desire to rb him. He's still a threat to mafia, I'm not. He was the only obvious candidate for being rb'd besides Jon.

If anything, mafia would have even more incentive to rb him since not only to they deprive town of any useful results, they make TA look scummy for not having any results and claiming to be rb'd when the mafia rb'er(JOAT, w/e) is already dead.

Of course, this assumes TA is town.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:49:11 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:40:34 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 8/28/2013 5:39:19 AM, JonMilne wrote:

Are you suggesting you were able to use your role twice? If so, why did you not immediately say so?

Because if you are scum, you could have tried to kill any of the two other options out of those who voted for FT. If you end up retracting the above again and saying that you did in fact visit someone other than me, then I'll know that if you end up mentioning one of the other people I protected, then you're producing a high scum tell.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:54:04 AM
Assuming there is a third party, I think we are at MYLO.
We need to be careful.

Of course, I am assuming I am town read by all, we have a 50% chance of hitting scum, then.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 6:01:35 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:49:11 AM, JonMilne wrote:
Because if you are scum, you could have tried to kill any of the two other options out of those who voted for FT. If you end up retracting the above again and saying that you did in fact visit someone other than me, then I'll know that if you end up mentioning one of the other people I protected, then you're producing a high scum tell.

I'm confused.

Why would I motivate you if I'm scum?

Why would me mentioning one of the other people you protected be a scum tell?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 6:03:25 AM
TA, I think is our target today.
I actually wanted him to be the target yesterday, but he never came on to address my questions, except only to hammer.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 6:05:24 AM
At 8/28/2013 5:54:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
We need to be careful.

TP's are counted as mafia slots.

For example, if it's 1 tp vs 2 mafia vs 5 townies, the game isn't over if we mislynch. It simply becomes 1 tp vs 2 mafia vs 3 townies(after the nk).

Of course, I am assuming I am town read by all, we have a 50% chance of hitting scum, then.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 6:08:47 AM
At 8/28/2013 6:05:24 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 8/28/2013 5:54:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
We need to be careful.

TP's are counted as mafia slots.

For example, if it's 1 tp vs 2 mafia vs 5 townies, the game isn't over if we mislynch. It simply becomes 1 tp vs 2 mafia vs 3 townies(after the nk).

TPs are generally ignored for 50% calculation, to my understanding.
Currently, there are 7 players, assume: 4 town, 2 mafia, 1 TP.
We mislynch today, town is NK, we are at 2:2:1, which is a loss for town.