Jump to topic:

Yu-Gi-Oh Mafia DP5

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 12:47:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You have all proven yourselves excellent Duelists, so you have been invited to the Domino Battle City Tournament!!! Congratulations!

There are some new rules that need explaining.
First, the old new lynch mechanic that took place in Duelist Kingdom is hereby absolved. ATK and DEF do not matter any longer.
However, there is a new rule. Because in Battle City, sacrifices must be made in order to summon stronger monsters, it stands to reason there should be a new lynch mechanic as well.

Here's how it works:
Every day phase, there are to be two votes cast. They must be cast together or they don't count.
One is the standard VTL/VTNL, of which there must be a majority. There is no plurality lynching.
The other vote is a VTS, or VTNS, vote to sacrifice. If a near majority is reached (L-1), the duelist is sacrificed, and can kill another duelist of the sacrificed's choice with them. (like a selective bomb)

In the event of a double hammer, only the lynch goes through.
Any unvote, unvotes both votes.
The DP does NOT stop if a no sacrifice vote has been reached; however, that status is not frozen, and can be changed later that same DP.
The sacrifice's deaths occur simultaneously, so mafia cannot win at LYLO by killing a townie who then kills scum.
All votes must be cast in the same post, or it will not count.

Also, since you are all elite duelist, the DP and NP are accelerated to last only 48 hours and 24 hours, respectively. However, and addition 24 hours will be added to account for the new rules and the Labor Day holiday.

Who will be crowned the Battle City champions?
Let"s Duel!

Died in the night:
IFLY - You are the magic card Shield & Sword. While the card allows you to swap the attack and defense of all monsters in play, you have the role of STATICIAN. Each night, you may select a target and learn their stats (ATK and DEF). You win with the Pharaoh.
You have no stats.

Died last DP:
Bull_Diesel - You are Exodia, the Forbidden One. You are in search of your missing limbs, and once completed you will be unstoppable. You are the SURVIVOR, and have a shared win with the winning faction as long as you remain alive.
You have an independent win condition as follows:
Every night, you have 2x SEARCH. You may select two targets to see if they have any of your missing limbs. If so, you will take them. Collecting them will cause the following effects: 1: you will receive 1x watcher; 2. you will investigate innocent; 3. you will not be seen at night (ninja). And upon collecting all four limbs, you will win... assuming you don't die the next day, as it takes an entire DP to be summoned in your true form. Your summoning will be announced.
ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 12:50:22 PM
Living duelists:
1. beginner
2. Drafterman
3. Lannan13
4. JonMilne (2) (replacing NightoftheLivingCats)
5. TA
6. Blackhawk1331
7. Shadowguynick (replacing Daytonanerd)
8. Yraelz (replacing Airmax)

Make sure to read the OP for the new lynch mechanic.
With 8 duelists it takes 5 to lynch, or 4 to sacrifice.

This DP will end 1300 on 9/3 (Tuesday 1pm)
My work here is, finally, done.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:52:41 PM
I feel good enough about voting Lannan that I'm down with being the sacrifice if we can't get enough votes.

VTL Lannan
VTS Yraelz
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 3:49:56 PM
At 8/31/2013 1:52:41 PM, Yraelz wrote:
I feel good enough about voting Lannan that I'm down with being the sacrifice if we can't get enough votes.

VTL Lannan
VTS Yraelz

You want to sacrifice yourself?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 4:13:19 PM
I don't think we should sacrifice anyone outside of LYLO or MYLO. If we sacrifice a mafia, then they will more or less gain a free, unstoppable, night kill.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 4:31:43 PM
At 8/31/2013 4:13:19 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I don't think we should sacrifice anyone outside of LYLO or MYLO. If we sacrifice a mafia, then they will more or less gain a free, unstoppable, night kill.

Good point. But wouldn't mafia get it in a MYLO/LYLO situation as well?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 4:38:23 PM
At 8/31/2013 4:31:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

We actually probably shouldn't use it at all. I don't see it helping us. If we give it to a townie, they could kill another townie, and hurt us even more. If we give it to mafia, then they'll definitely hit town. As far as I can tell, the odds of the ability hurting the town are greater than the odds of it helping us. Personally, I'm always going to VTNS. Since we have to cast both votes at once, VTNL and VTNS. The VTNL is just a place holder so that I can VTNS. I'm not actually advocating that we don't lynch.

Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 5:01:36 PM
At 8/31/2013 4:38:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 8/31/2013 4:31:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

We actually probably shouldn't use it at all. I don't see it helping us. If we give it to a townie, they could kill another townie, and hurt us even more. If we give it to mafia, then they'll definitely hit town. As far as I can tell, the odds of the ability hurting the town are greater than the odds of it helping us. Personally, I'm always going to VTNS. Since we have to cast both votes at once, VTNL and VTNS. The VTNL is just a place holder so that I can VTNS. I'm not actually advocating that we don't lynch.

Do you think we should continue Lannan's lynch, like the last DP? I don't have any read on him, but he did lie. You are more experienced, what do you think?
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 5:30:44 PM
At 8/31/2013 12:47:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
The DP does NOT stop if a no sacrifice vote has been reached; however, that status is not frozen, and can be changed later that same DP.
Blackhawk.. someone has to be sacrificed. Think of it as trading a player's life for a gun.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 5:31:09 PM
At 8/31/2013 1:52:41 PM, Yraelz wrote:

VTL Lannan
VTS Yraelz

Yraelz is town.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 5:33:54 PM
At 8/31/2013 5:32:13 PM, Beginner wrote:
VTL Lannan

VTNS
Yraelz, who do you plan on shooting if/when you are sacrificed? Why?
Senpai has noticed you.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 6:33:49 PM
Why are we lynching Lannan? Is it because he lied last DP about replacements? Or did other evidence come up?
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 7:25:54 PM
At 8/31/2013 6:33:49 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Why are we lynching Lannan? Is it because he lied last DP about replacements? Or did other evidence come up?

Lannan's posting revolves around Lannan. All he talks about is his role and his activity, only talking when prompted. Basically, all he cares about is himself and his town cred. This was one of the major points against Bull.

The better question, shadow, is, why should we not lynch lannan?
Senpai has noticed you.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 7:32:03 PM
VTL LANNAN

VOTE TO SACrifie Yraelz
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 8:40:26 PM
I have a better idea. Why don't we sacrifice Lannan? If he's town, we're not losing much. If he's maf, it's small loss we're taking with his killing one of us. Yraelz, tell him who to kill. He's going to be lynched anyway.. You and drafter are the best players alive (I'm beginning to have issues with drafter's level of participation)
I don't see the point in your killing yourself.
Your self-sacrifice makes no sense. Possible ulterior motive: town-cred hunting. Self-sacrifice = town.
Forget my earlier read.
Unvote
VTL Yraelz
VTS Lannan
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 8:45:23 PM
I'm also beginning to have issues with your claim again. I didn't think of it last DP (too keen on Bull), but recall that Hatstand is the Blue Eyes White Dragon, the strongest normal monster in the game. Hatstand also had a huge variety of powers (role cop, role block, off the top of my head).
Now what was Yraelz's justification for being a vanilla?
At 8/26/2013 8:18:26 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 8/26/2013 5:42:17 PM, Beginner wrote:
Yraelz, please claim.

I'll bold things that I exchange for synonyms, but this is literally my role PM aside from that:

Hi Summoned Skull. This card is a very powerful normal monster, thus, you lack abilities. You are VANILLA. YWWTP.
ATK: 2500 DEF: 1200
A very powerful normal monster? Hatstand's character, Blue Eyes White Dragon is an even stronger normal monster.
Your claim is utter bs.
Senpai has noticed you.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 9:04:40 PM
At 8/31/2013 7:25:54 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 8/31/2013 6:33:49 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

Lannan's posting revolves around Lannan. All he talks about is his role and his activity, only talking when prompted. Basically, all he cares about is himself and his town cred. This was one of the major points against Bull.

The better question, shadow, is, why should we not lynch lannan?

I wouldn't know why not. I just didn't pay much attention to lannan, after bull became my target. I didn't see the arguments floating around him.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 9:27:49 PM
At 8/31/2013 8:40:26 PM, Beginner wrote:
You and drafter are the best players alive (I'm beginning to have issues with drafter's level of participation)

Drafter will be gone for a bit. I forget when he is coming back (I think tomorrow) because he said so in my beginner games.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 12:06:51 AM
Drafter's gone, nobody seems to want to be active.... :\
Reads
Yraelz - scum
Blackhawk - potential scum
Lannan - likely scum
Shadowguy - potential scum
JonMilne - confirmed town (based on character)
TA - confirmed town (mod)
Drafter - near-confirmed town (Kuriboh, NP ender 1x)

Original:
Lynch Yraelz, sacrifice Lannan, Lannan kills Blackhawk. The game should end (Yraelz is the last scum). If not we lynch shadowguy next day phase. Every potential scum is to die.
We're guaranteed to hit the last mafia member(s).

New:
I went over the sacrifice thing and realized that misread the new mechanic. We either lynch or we sacrifice. Both cannot happen at the same time.
Sacrifice Lannan, have Lannan kill Yraelz.
If NP6 is to happen (meaning there are 2 mafia, and Yraelz is the only one of the two above who is mafia mafia)
There will be 5 players left.
Next, we sacrifice Blackhawk/ShadowGuyNick. If the one we sacrifice is town, he will kill the other, who is confirmed mafia. If we sacrifice the mafia, it doesn't matter who the mafia kills.
Mafia cannot win.
Good game everyone. XD
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 12:31:55 AM
Someone say something.. Lannan, you have a bunch of people wanting you dead.
Hello??
Yraelz. I'm positive you're scum. Not even going to bother saying anything?
Blackhawk, shadow, I've proposed your sacrifices. What do you think?

Guys, my plan is perfect. Can we please sacrifice Lannan?
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 1:48:14 AM
At 9/1/2013 1:46:42 AM, JonMilne wrote:
VTS Yraelz
VTL Lannan

Jon.. VTS Lannan please.
Senpai has noticed you.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 7:47:03 AM
At 8/31/2013 8:51:27 PM, Beginner wrote:
Lannan, if you are town, I urge you to kill Blackhawk upon being sacrificed.

WTF? You just call yraelz scum and then urge lannan to kill me?

Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 7:48:27 AM
At 9/1/2013 12:31:55 AM, Beginner wrote:
Someone say something.. Lannan, you have a bunch of people wanting you dead.
Hello??
Yraelz. I'm positive you're scum. Not even going to bother saying anything?
Blackhawk, shadow, I've proposed your sacrifices. What do you think?

Guys, my plan is perfect. Can we please sacrifice Lannan?

I think mine is somewhat out of the blue. I mean, I'm fine with it, if it means a town win for us, so you want me to kill blackhawk if I am sacrificed?

Sounds like the best way the town can win.
VTL yraelz
VTS Lannan
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 7:59:35 AM
At 9/1/2013 1:48:14 AM, Beginner wrote:
At 9/1/2013 1:46:42 AM, JonMilne wrote:
VTS Yraelz
VTL Lannan