The ClockTower Mafia ENDGAME

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:03:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The RailWay Bandits(Mafia1)

Fourtrouble- you are Bellamy Wilson. A notorious outlaw and leader of The RailWay Bandits, you are wanted throughout much of the western territories of the United States. For the past few months you have made this town your territory. The last sheriff that was idiotic enough to face you down, Sheriff Hawkins, was gunned down in a duel at high noon. Your skills with the revolver are unmatched throughout the frontier, and your reputation precedes you wherever you go. Untouchable by the law, and with few people than can match you in duels, you are thus THE DUELIST. Each day phase you will choose to enter a duel with another player. When you duel this player, you will kill them, UNLESS, that player is a part of your rival "gang" The GraveDiggers. If you target one of these players, you will enter into a PM with them. At that point what will happen will be disclosed to you and that participating player only. You are also THE LAWYER, and can choose to make one player show as innocent to all investigations, as the local law, is under your ruthless control.

Maikuru- You are Johnny "two-toes" Sanchez. Wilson's right-hand man and steadfast friend throughout his life, you are the SACRIFICER and ROLEBLOCKER. If Wilson is to die, you can choose to die instead, and will also kill whomever is going to kill Wilson. Each night you may also roleblock one person each night.

The Gravediggers(Mafia 2)

Bluesteel- you are David Haversham, leader of "The Gravediggers." An infamous gang throughout much of the western territories for your ruthlessness, and disregard for life. Your skills with a revolver are matched by few throughout the territories and thus you are THE DUELIST. Each day you may choose to duel one player, killing them. UNLESS you happen to target a member of your rival "gang" The Railway Bandits. If this happens you will be placed into a PM with this target, and what happens afterwards will be disclosed if that should occur. You are a keen observer as well, and are able to deduce things with ease that most others wouldn't, thus making you THE ROLE-COP. Each night you can investigate one player and their role will be revealed to you.

NightofTheLivingCats- you are Alber Guevarez, Haversham's right hand man, and steadfast friend. You are thus the SACRIFICE, and if Haversham is to die, you may choose instead to die, and also kill whomever would have killed Haversham. You are also a ROLEBLOCKER, and may roleblock one person a night.

Town

Johnnyboy- you are the new Sheriff in town, Sheriff Dominic David-Palmer. You are a seasoned bounty hunter and only recently took up law enforcement upon request of your new wife. You are thus THE SHERIFF, and may investigate one player each night and determine their affiliation via innocent or guilty. You win with the town, good luck.

Tulle- you are Pastor Davidson. each day phase you may select up to 5 players, these players will be protected from all actions until the next day phase, but they will be roleblocked as well. You may not select yourself, and you win with the town.

Daytonanerd- you are Gus Bertroth, the local saloon owner. You hear many things while tending to your saloon from all kinds of people. THUS YOU ARE THE EAVESDROPPER. Each night you will choose two players. From those two players you will receive respectively one post from each players PM that night. All names will be redacted.

Yraelz you are Doctor Faith Dionysis. You are new to the town, and are eager to prove your skills as a doctor. You abhor violence, and loss of life. THUS you are the DOCTOR. If a player is shot, you will be given the chance to save them. If you choose to, you will, keep in mind though that until you make your choice, their role PM will not be revealed. If you do, they will remain alive, if you do not, they will die and their role PM will be revealed. Due to medical good being in short supply, you may only choose to use your ability 2X this game. You win with the town.

F-16, you are Neil Bethesba, a local inn owner. You, each day can offer one player a room at your inn. When you do you will enter into a PM with this player until the next Day Phase, and can speak freely with them. You win with the town. Good luck.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:09:20 PM
So a couple questions:

1) Theoretically could roles like these translate well into a larger, slower paced game?

2) If this type of game were taken and put into the context of a larger game, how well do you think it would turn out?

3) Which roles do you like? Which roles do you dislike?

4) What improvements do you think could be made in this to make it a better game when I eventually use it in a similar, non-quickire game in the future?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:12:47 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:09:20 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
So a couple questions:

1) Theoretically could roles like these translate well into a larger, slower paced game?

2) If this type of game were taken and put into the context of a larger game, how well do you think it would turn out?

3) Which roles do you like? Which roles do you dislike?

4) What improvements do you think could be made in this to make it a better game when I eventually use it in a similar, non-quickire game in the future?

1) Write down all of these roles on a piece on paper.
2) Tear it into halves.
3) Tear it into fourths.
4) Chuck it in the trashcan.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:15:46 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:12:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

1) Write down all of these roles on a piece on paper.
2) Tear it into halves.
3) Tear it into fourths.
4) Chuck it in the trashcan.

Por Que?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:16:29 PM
lmao

My bad for forgetting to actually use my role :/

I like FT's and Bluesteel's roles, though perhaps not in the same game (so only one mafia faction). I don't like the idea of their roles and Maikuru's role twice over in the same game (sorry, I forget bluesteel's scumbuddy).
yang.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:17:38 PM
The one thing I was confused about, which FT and I discussed in our pm, was my sacrifice. I don't see a circumstance in which I could use it to protect him and not simultaneously give away his role. Could you explain how you saw the role functioning?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:18:00 PM
I don't like DP1 kills because the player gets zero chance to do anything. So day vig's aren't the nicest mechanic. And I don't think the head-to-head duel thing added anything. We guessed a number. I guessed 7 (the most commonly picked number in North America) and was right. And then you asked us a question that google can easily answer as trivia.

So this is basically just a two-mafia setup, which is fine in a larger game.

I kind of like the idea of the doctor being forced to save scum early on. Try to explain that later when the person you saved flips scum.

You should have also explained how the duel would work in the role PM instead of in real time. Plus, there's still nothing stopping someone from outing the other person in the duel as mafia if they start losing the duel....
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:18:42 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:16:29 PM, tulle wrote:

I like FT's and Bluesteel's roles, though perhaps not in the same game (so only one mafia faction)

Fair enough, is it more of a not wanting to have more then two factions in a game thing, or more of a not wanting to have two of the same types of those roles in a game?

. I don't like the idea of their roles and Maikuru's role twice over in the same game (sorry, I forget bluesteel's scumbuddy).

well I think this answers my question, so you would be ok with there being multiple factions, ergo 3 total in a game, as long as the roles were not mirrored for the two "mafia' factions?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:21:54 PM
@budda

The reason I don't find multi-faction games fun is that (1) they focus too much on roles and not on the classic fun aspect of mafia (town scum-hunting and mafia trying to fool them, and (2) because it becomes REALLY confusing for poor townies who are just the pawns of the different factions as they try to use the town to serve their agenda.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:22:18 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:17:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:
The one thing I was confused about, which FT and I discussed in our pm, was my sacrifice. I don't see a circumstance in which I could use it to protect him and not simultaneously give away his role. Could you explain how you saw the role functioning?

Basically in the game, the only way your role could be used on FT is if he was initiated into a duel with Bluesteel. Being the the "Duel" itself would be a secret PM, you would only be notified that FT has been shot. So basically, you would sacrifice yourself, to save FT, while also killing Bluesteel, or vice versa where Cats used his Sacrifice ability to save Bluesteel.

Because the only people who would be aware that FT even had such a role in the first place would be Bluesteel and yourself, Bluesteels death would reveal nothing, or if the situations were reversed, FT's death would reveal nothing about Bluesteel.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:23:04 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:21:54 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@budda

The reason I don't find multi-faction games fun is that (1) they focus too much on roles and not on the classic fun aspect of mafia (town scum-hunting and mafia trying to fool them, and (2) because it becomes REALLY confusing for poor townies who are just the pawns of the different factions as they try to use the town to serve their agenda.

Yeah, pretty much. Single faction games are so much fun. I rarely ever use third parties at all in any of my games. It totally kills the informed minority aspect of the game.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:24:11 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:18:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/1/2013 10:16:29 PM, tulle wrote:

I like FT's and Bluesteel's roles, though perhaps not in the same game (so only one mafia faction)

Fair enough, is it more of a not wanting to have more then two factions in a game thing, or more of a not wanting to have two of the same types of those roles in a game?

. I don't like the idea of their roles and Maikuru's role twice over in the same game (sorry, I forget bluesteel's scumbuddy).

well I think this answers my question, so you would be ok with there being multiple factions, ergo 3 total in a game, as long as the roles were not mirrored for the two "mafia' factions?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I prefer to not have 2 mafia factions. I like FT/Bluesteel's role on its own (but only one of them, not both), but I didn't like it with Maikuru's role. So no dueler + sacrificer. I especially didn't like the combination with their being two factions that had that ability.
yang.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:24:37 PM
@budda

The reason I don't find multi-faction games fun is that (1) they focus too much on roles and not on the classic fun aspect of mafia (town scum-hunting and mafia trying to fool them

fair enough, so you would rather see a game in which there was just a mafia and a town, and nothing else?

(2) because it becomes REALLY confusing for poor townies who are just the pawns of the different factions as they try to use the town to serve their agenda.

This is definitely understandable. I can definitely see how such a thing would be entirely confusing. Are there any ways that you can think of that would reduce this confusion? Without of course scrapping the concept in entirety?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:25:20 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:22:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Basically in the game, the only way your role could be used on FT is if he was initiated into a duel with Bluesteel. Being the the "Duel" itself would be a secret PM, you would only be notified that FT has been shot. So basically, you would sacrifice yourself, to save FT, while also killing Bluesteel, or vice versa where Cats used his Sacrifice ability to save Bluesteel.

Because the only people who would be aware that FT even had such a role in the first place would be Bluesteel and yourself, Bluesteels death would reveal nothing, or if the situations were reversed, FT's death would reveal nothing about Bluesteel.

Ohh I thought this included lynches/vig kills. That makes more sense. Nevermind what I said then. That's actually really interesting and I can see it working in a larger game.
yang.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:27:08 PM
What were your thoughts(ALL) on the Doctor role I gave to Yraelz? Wherein he was given the opportunity to save a player once the lethal action had already taken place? What are improvement that any of you can think of to make this a better role in the future?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:29:44 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:25:20 PM, tulle wrote:
At 9/1/2013 10:22:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Ohh I thought this included lynches/vig kills. That makes more sense. Nevermind what I said then. That's actually really interesting and I can see it working in a larger game.

yeah pretty much, if one hadn't targeted the other, or vice versa, their roles would simply serve as day-kills, in place of the night-kill
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 10:31:05 PM
At 9/1/2013 10:23:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@budda

Yeah, pretty much. Single faction games are so much fun. I rarely ever use third parties at all in any of my games. It totally kills the informed minority aspect of the game.

ok, fair enough, you are universally against any extra factions in games. That's respectable
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion