Jump to topic:

Yu-Gi-Oh Mafia Endgame

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:33:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In a horrible downward spiral lead by the mod, the mafia lose from near surefire victory.

Here are the roles:
Mafia:
Hatstand (replacing Budda):
You are the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon. You are one of the most powerful monsters in duel monsters, as such, you are the STRONGMAN. As Kaiba's favorite card, you are often seen as challenging the Pharaoh to improve his skills, but given the chance, you would usurp his throne. You are the GODFATHER. You appear innocent upon investigation, and you have the final say with the night kill. With your ferocity, you scare most all other monsters into submission, therefore you are the ROLEBLOCKER and ROLE COP. Every night, you may visit a player, and prevent their role from activating, as well as learning their role.
You win with the mafia.
ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500

TN05:
You are the magic card Change of Heart. The evil presence that inhabits Bakura cherishes this card, which turns monsters against their duelist. You are the RECRUITER. Once per game, you may select one player and recruit them to the mafia. The recruited player becomes a GOON. You win with the mafia.
You have no stats.

Shadowguynick (replacing Daytona):
You are the fusion monster known as Thousand-Eyes Restrict. As Pegasus' ultimate beast, you have multiple abilities at your disposal, thus, you are the JOAT. (all abilities are 1x, except for roleblocker)
BLINDING LIGHT, which stops the day phase and cancels any and all lynches. However, this cannot be used until four players have voted.
ABSORB, which allows you to redirect all actions to a player, if they survive the night, they are silenced and you steal their vote the next DP.
STROBE, with all your eyes at your disposal, you may select two players and have their night actions randomized.
ROLEBLOCKER, every night you, unless you use different ability, you can roleblock a player.
You win with the mafia.
ATK: 0 DEF: 0

Town:
TA:
You are Gamma the Magnet Warrior. With your magnetic properties you can combine with your fellow Magna Warriors to transform into Valkyrion the Magna Warrior. Your magnetic attraction allows you to be the SELF-REDIRECTOR. Every night you may select a target, and any actions that would be performed on them, will be focused on you instead. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 1500 DEF: 1800

Beginner:
You are Big Shield Gardna. What you lack in offense you more than make up for in your defensive stats thanks to your gigantic shield. Use your shield to become the STRONG BODYGUARD. Every night, you may use your big shield to protect someone, and it will repel almost any attack. However, due to your weak attack, you will not destroy the attacker. Also, if you decide to hide behind your shield yourself, you will lose the ability to protect the next NP. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 100 DEF: 2600

Bullish:
You are Alligator's Sword. As an alligator warrior, you can lurk in the swamp, as well as wield a blade. This makes you an ODD NIGHT WATCHER/EVEN NIGHT VIGILANTE. On odd nights, you may select a player and see who they visit. On even nights, you may select a player and kill them.
You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 1500 DEF:1200

JonMilne2 (replacing NightCats):
You are Dark Magician Girl. As a higher level spellcaster, you have many strategies available to you, thus you are the JOAT. (all abilities are 1x)
SAGE'S STONE, which allows you to call upon the Dark Magician to execute an unstoppable kill, day or night.
MAGICIAN"S CIRCLE allows you to summon a spellcaster to be the brunt of any and all actions directed to you.
MAGIC CYLCINDER will allow you to take all night actions directed at you and redirect them to a player of your choice.
You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 2000 DEF: 1700

JonMilne:
You are the Mystical Elf. As a creature designed to defend, you are the ENABLER. Every night, you may select two targets, and if they would be roleblocked, they role activates and is performed. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 800 DEF: 2000

Lannan:
You are Time Wizard. Being a master of time magic, you can bend time to your will. As such, you must choose your destiny. You can either be a COMMUTER, using your time magic to transport yourself safely to the next DP, or you may choose to be the VIGALANTE, which allows you to perform a kill every night by transporting your target 1000 years into the future. However, you may also, on any night, instead choose to use TIME MAGIC to go back to the beginning of the game and correct your choice. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 500 DEF: 400

Blackhawk:
You are Gearfried the Iron Knight. Being a master swordsman whose attack would make the earth shake, you built a suit of armor to inhibit your power. However, it is iron, isn't it, so you are BULLETPROOF. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 1800 DEF: 1600

TUF:
You are Silver Fang. As a wolf, you naturally have a keen sense of smell. So, it makes sense you are the TRACKER. Each night you may target a player to see where they have been that night. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 1200 DEF: 800

Yraelz (replacing Airmax):
You are Summoned Skull. You are a very powerful normal monster, and as such, you have no abilities. You are VANILLA. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 2500 DEF: 1200

Drafter:
You are Kuriboh, the fun loving fur ball whose low attack allows for a powerful combo. MULTIPLY, once in the game, you can crowd the town with an infinite number of Kuriboh, blocking any and all actions, including the night kill. You win with the Pharaoh.
ATK: 300 DEF: 200

IFLY:
You are the magic card Shield & Sword. While the card allows you to swap the attack and defense of all monsters in play, you have the role of STATICIAN. Each night, you may select a target and learn their stats (ATK and DEF). You win with the Pharaoh.
You have no stats.

Third Party:
Bull_Diesel:
You are Exodia, the Forbidden One. You are in search of your missing limbs, and once completed you will be unstoppable. You are the SURVIVOR, and have a shared win with the winning faction as long as you remain alive.
You have an independent win condition as follows:
Every night, you have 2x SEARCH. You may select two targets to see if they have any of your missing limbs. If so, you will take them. Collecting them will cause the following effects: 1: you will receive 1x watcher; 2. you will investigate innocent; 3. you will not be seen at night (ninja). And upon collecting all four limbs, you will win... assuming you don't die the next day, as it takes an entire DP to be summoned in your true form. Your summoning will be announced.
ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000

The heirarchy of actions for this game was:
Multiply
Redirect
Roleblock (which dissolves any redirection, but is absorbed if RB was redirected)
Search 1
All other results/actions
Kills
Search 2
My work here is, finally, done.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:35:57 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:33:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
In a horrible downward spiral lead by the mod, the mafia lose near surefire victory.
fixed. :)
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:36:14 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:35:57 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 9/3/2013 4:33:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
In a horrible downward spiral lead by the mod, the mafia lose from surefire victory.
fixed. :)
Senpai has noticed you.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:38:21 PM
How in the heck was I role-blocked?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:42:21 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:41:34 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/3/2013 4:38:21 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Which time?

I was role-blocked n1-n3
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:42:40 PM
Night actions:
NP1:
I honestly didn't keep track of because Drafter used his ability, so they were all negated.

NP2:
Hatstand -RC/RB Bullish
Johnmilne - Enable Hatstand and Shadowguy
Beginner - Protect Drafter
TN05 - Recruit Beginner
Drafterman - N/A
TUFTrack - Bull_Diesel
IFLY - Stat NightCat
Bull_Diesel - Search TUF and Blackhawk
Lannan13 - waived
Nightofthelivingcats - Magician's Circle
TheAntidoter - Self-redirect from Beginner to TA, give card to Blackhawk
Blackhawk1331 - N/A
Shadowguynick - RB Beginner
Airmax
Bullish - Vig Airmax
NKShadow kills JonMilne

NP3:
DraftermanN/A
Blackhawk1331N/A
Yraelz - Attempts to burn the card
Hatstand - RB/RC TA
Shadowguynick - RB IFLY
TheAntidoter - From Beginner to TA"give card to Blackhawk
IFLY - Stat Yraelz
Bull_Diesel - Search TA and Blackhawk
Bullish - Watch Bull_Diesel
TUF - Track Beginner
JonMilne - Sage's Stone Hatstand
Beginner - NK Bullish
Lannan13 - Vig TUF

NP4:
Drafterman - N/A
Blackhawk1331 - N/A
Yraelz - N/A
JonMilne - Magic Cylinder Lannan
TheAntidoter - From Blackhawk to TA
IFLY - Stat Lannan
Shadowguynick - RB Lannan NK Ifly
Beginner - N/A
Lannan13 - Switch to Commuter

NP5:
Beginner-NK Drafter
TheAntidoter-Self-redirect from Drafter

NP6:
NK Drafter
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:44:27 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:42:21 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Which time?

I was role-blocked n1-n3

N1 we roleblocked beginner to make sure nothing could interfere with the NK. That got redirected to you. Then I role copped you the night it got revealed. That's why your role PM was in the mix. The other time we just roleblocked you.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:44:57 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:42:21 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Which time?

I was role-blocked n1-n3

Drafter negated all roles NP1.
You drew the RB from Beginner NP2. (had they not RB'd Beginner that night as well, you would have been recruited)
You were RB/RC NP3.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:55:03 PM
Critical Mod errors:
1. Posted Bull_Diesel's NP2 results in announcements thread.
2. DP4, I confused TA and TUF, and mod-confirmed TA. (to remedy, I allowed a day search for Bull and a day role cop for mafia)
3. DP5, I missed Blackhawk's vote completely. Thus, Yraelz should have been lynched and not Lannan sacrificed.

Other mod errors:
1. Numerous typos/misinformation in role.
2. Not thinking the second lynch mechanic through enough.

Mod notes:
Inactivity was horrible, with 2/3 of the mafia dropping out DP1. However, extra kudos to Hatstand and Shadowguy for their gusto and gameplay. It was a treat to watch these noobs in action.

Unfortunately, I gave key roles to players that knew little about the theme (namely, Bull and IFLY), and inactives (TA and Lannan) that knew the game were of little help. Of course, there was Beginner, but he was recruited early on, so his helping town was obviously mitigated.

These factors combined with my own mistakes made this game difficult to mod. I deeply apologize for the mistakes I made.

I do hope you all enjoyed playing.

So, I'm not going to ask how my modding was, as it was atrocious, but how was the game's balance?
I basically had two OP scum, and two goons. While the town had a "doc", "cop", and 1.5 vigilantes with an additional 1x vig.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:57:27 PM
GG guys. Just know mafia should have won! XP

That aside, I am shocked you did not immediately lunch Beginner. At best I hoped he would last a day or two.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:59:33 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:57:27 PM, TN05 wrote:

That aside, I am shocked you did not immediately lunch Beginner. At best I hoped he would last a day or two.

In all fairness, mafia's inactivity DP1 was a game changer that benefited you the mafia.
Had Budda voted, you would have been lynched via the mechanic (you needed his DEF).
Had Daytona been active, he may have used his blinding light to end the DP.
Thus, you may not have been able to recruit at all.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:01:14 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:55:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Critical Mod errors:
1. Posted Bull_Diesel's NP2 results in announcements thread.
2. DP4, I confused TA and TUF, and mod-confirmed TA. (to remedy, I allowed a day search for Bull and a day role cop for mafia)
3. DP5, I missed Blackhawk's vote completely. Thus, Yraelz should have been lynched and not Lannan sacrificed.

Other mod errors:
1. Numerous typos/misinformation in role.
2. Not thinking the second lynch mechanic through enough.

Mod notes:
Inactivity was horrible, with 2/3 of the mafia dropping out DP1. However, extra kudos to Hatstand and Shadowguy for their gusto and gameplay. It was a treat to watch these noobs in action.

Unfortunately, I gave key roles to players that knew little about the theme (namely, Bull and IFLY), and inactives (TA and Lannan) that knew the game were of little help. Of course, there was Beginner, but he was recruited early on, so his helping town was obviously mitigated.

These factors combined with my own mistakes made this game difficult to mod. I deeply apologize for the mistakes I made.

I do hope you all enjoyed playing.

So, I'm not going to ask how my modding was, as it was atrocious, but how was the game's balance?
I basically had two OP scum, and two goons. While the town had a "doc", "cop", and 1.5 vigilantes with an additional 1x vig.

I thought the balance was good. The mafia might have been a bit OP (we should've easily won, due to the combination of blinding light and absorb, plus rolecop and two roleblocks) Thanks for complimenting my "gusto" and I had a great time for my first game.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:02:02 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:59:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

In all fairness, mafia's inactivity DP1 was a game changer that benefited you the mafia.
Had Budda voted, you would have been lynched via the mechanic (you needed his DEF).

Still, I would have recruited him at some point.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:03:55 PM

And DP2 is where our luck essentially is zilch. Lol, I like how Jon killed Hatstand because she was slightly suspicious. I really didn't see that coming.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:04:18 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:02:02 PM, TN05 wrote:

Still, I would have recruited him at some point.

I'm saying you likely would have been lynched DP1 or DP2, and, thus, not been able to use your recruit before death. Drafter made sure of your loss of role NP1.

Of course, had they been active, they may have helped with a fake claim or done something else that could have kept you alive.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:19:10 PM
Mod notes:

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:23:15 PM
VTL Beginner for wanting to overkill with the sacrifice mechanic :(
If Khaos didn't miss Blackhawk's vote.. Yraelz would have been lynched, Nick would have stolen a vote (we were discussing this), and we would have won DP6.. :)
VTL Khaos for being a bewby.
Hindsight is always worth revisiting.
D
Senpai has noticed you.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:32:56 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:23:15 PM, Beginner wrote:
If Khaos didn't miss Blackhawk's vote.. Yraelz would have been lynched, Nick would have stolen a vote (we were discussing this), and we would have won DP6.. :)
D

You likely would have won DP6, but not necessarily.
One, had you killed TA and he redirected the absorb, it wouldn't have helped.
Two, had Yraelz been lynched, you would have needed four votes to lynch with six players.
A lynch needed to occur DP6, and while you could have prevented one, the town could have sacrificed one of themselves to kill one of you.

But, yes, I would have put your chance of victory around 90%.
Again, sorry.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:38:23 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:32:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
D

Two, had Yraelz been lynched, you would have needed four votes to lynch with six players.
A lynch needed to occur DP6, and while you could have prevented one, the town could have sacrificed one of themselves to kill one of you.

Again, sorry.

The plan was to get another single lynch, and then absorb for 100% chance of victory. We would have killed Drafter or TA that round anyway, so either way, TA would have died. And I think we could have managed to get Lannan lynched in the next DP.

But you can't be blamed for the decision to risk the sacrifice.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:43:06 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:38:23 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/3/2013 5:32:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
D

Again, sorry.

The plan was to get another single lynch, and then absorb for 100% chance of victory. We would have killed Drafter or TA that round anyway, so either way, TA would have died. And I think we could have managed to get Lannan lynched in the next DP.
You probably could have.

But you can't be blamed for the decision to risk the sacrifice.
Nope, I can't.
With the sacrifice in play, town was actually unknowingly at MYLO.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:45:13 PM
Overall though, this game was awesomely fun. Town would not believe how much fun we had in the mafia PM.

Balance was great IMO. Town and mafia each had phase-ending powers, town had bvigs but mafia had recruiter, etc. It felt completely fair in that regard.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:48:35 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:45:13 PM, TN05 wrote:
Overall though, this game was awesomely fun. Town would not believe how much fun we had in the mafia PM.

Balance was great IMO. Town and mafia each had phase-ending powers, town had bvigs but mafia had recruiter, etc. It felt completely fair in that regard.

In hindsight, the mafia was really witty.
0x5f3759df
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:55:57 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:48:35 PM, Bullish wrote:

Hey, you would have won if our day cop hasn't been you. That was the only reason we so heavily pushed your lynch.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 6:05:14 PM
At 9/3/2013 5:55:57 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 9/3/2013 5:48:35 PM, Bullish wrote:

Hey, you would have won if our day cop hasn't been you. That was the only reason we so heavily pushed your lynch.

You're confusing Bull_Diesel and Bullish.
LOL