Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

BEGINNERS 16.1 - End Game

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 7:15:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia Wins!

Dramatis Personae
1. Fisher28 - Priest - Town
2. Bullish - Bodyguard - Town
3. Shadowguynick - Paranoid Gun Owner - Town
4. Sparkies - Super Saint - Town
5. Matbag24 - Vanilla - Town
6. OhHello - Scout - Mafia
7. Khaos_Mage - Tracker - Town
8. bladerunner (Chillwuitm888) - Lookout - Mafia

Not a bad round.

OhHello managed well alone (with blackhawk's aid). I apologize for the mod error NP1 as well as for a bit of inactivity, but I think the game held together well. I will start the next round tomorrow!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 7:40:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The good news is:
1. Town finally learned to lynch
2. Town also realized their mistake, albeit too late as the mislynch already occurred.

Town should have not been so hasty, as well as asked themselves:
1. Why did the cop not die, but the tracker?
2. Why did the cop not want to have two people verified (cop and priest), when the other two people would be killed together?

It was anti-town behavior all the way, and the reason why I was killed (to not point it out).
My work here is, finally, done.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 7:41:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think OhHello did pretty well. I helped, but what he did was ultimately up to him. As for the last dp, there wasn't much to do about that. OhHello did absolutely nothing that was anti-town. His reasoning for having "copped" mat over fisher made perfect sense as a way to check Khaos considering that fisher was such a strong town read. The fact that mat already had suspicion on him only helped. As for mat's post-lynch talking, there was nothing of substance there that would have warranted a lynch against OhHello. First of all, he did reveal results for dp 2. He claimed to have gotten a guilty on chill. Second, he didn't claim until last due to lack of pressure and time constraints, both of which are perfectly reasonable. I had advised him to claim earlier, but it didn't much matter in the end. Finally, mat, saying that OhHello was obviously mafia from your perspective was meaningless. It was a vanilla vs a cop with one being mafia as far as the town was concerned. Town generally errs on the side of the cop, from what I've seen. Plus, as I said, his reasoning was sound. Mat could've played his role better. With a list of all possible roles, he should've soft claimed a power role. That's what you do as vanilla/bp. You soft claim something strong. Pretend you're a tracker, or a doc, or a cop. It tends to draw, and waste, mafia actions. You can look at LordKnuckle's Hunger Games game for an example. I was a vanilla, but soft claimed tracker, I think, and drew silences and role blocks from the mafia. They completely wasted their moves on me. That's what mat should've tried to do in order to spare the power roles, imo.

Between the lack of lynching, the mod error, and the fact that FT didn't post all that much the town was left at somewhat of a disadvantage. They just let mafia kill them off at night. Had it not been for the PGO, I don't know that town would've killed any mafia. I say that FT's lack of posting was a hinderance to the town because they got almost no guidance while the mafia had a ton of guidance from me.

I'm sort of surprised that no one attacked khaos after blade/chill flipped mafia. Khaos claimed tracker, which has a mafia counter part. After having seen blade/chill flip, I would've doubted khaos's claim, personally.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 7:46:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Town should have not been so hasty, as well as asked themselves:
1. Why did the cop not die, but the tracker?

Assuming that you and OhHello had both been town, it'd paint OhHello as scummy. It'd set up for a mislynch. Even if OhHello had been town and, let's say sparks, had been mafia, I'd still have advised that you be killed.

2. Why did the cop not want to have two people verified (cop and priest), when the other two people would be killed together?

Fisher was fairly confirmed based on behavior. You wouldn't be confirmed by saying that OhHello visited fisher since the target was laid out ahead of time. If he changed without warning, though, and you got it, then you'd be confirmed. The fact that the first player you tracked was killed and the second player was told who to target could've been viewed as scummy by a townie going into the np.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 8:05:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Gotta say, fantastic gambit at the end there. That move should have been an immediate scum-tell, but town was too lazy to ask questions and simply 'followed orders'.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 8:31:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
i wouldn't mind being an advisor in this series of games to mafia, or a player :P
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 8:37:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Grah! As soon as OhHello posted that I realized we were doomed. Anyway, if the mafia don't mind me asking what made you decide to kill me NP1 :3
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 9:40:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/10/2013 8:31:54 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
i wouldn't mind being an advisor in this series of games to mafia, or a player :P

FT seemed to bail, and he could have been used DP2 a lot.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sparkies
Posts: 652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 7:27:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Could you also it was my idiocy in VTL matbag for no reason also cost us the game? oh and fisher for not wait but, i did lead the band wagon for absolutely no reason
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 10:06:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sparkies you need to be more careful in a MYLO situation. Weigh in all the decisions, and hear from all the players, before making a choice. OhHello convinced Fisher (Even though realistically as soon as fisher noticed OhHello had not gone through with the plan. The plan was for both OhHello, and Khaos to both visit Fisher. When OhHello didn't go through it I would've lynched him.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 2:35:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/11/2013 10:06:16 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Sparkies you need to be more careful in a MYLO situation. Weigh in all the decisions, and hear from all the players, before making a choice. OhHello convinced Fisher (Even though realistically as soon as fisher noticed OhHello had not gone through with the plan. The plan was for both OhHello, and Khaos to both visit Fisher. When OhHello didn't go through it I would've lynched him.

No, it changed to khaos tracks OhHello who cops fisher.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 3:30:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/11/2013 2:35:58 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/11/2013 10:06:16 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Sparkies you need to be more careful in a MYLO situation. Weigh in all the decisions, and hear from all the players, before making a choice. OhHello convinced Fisher (Even though realistically as soon as fisher noticed OhHello had not gone through with the plan. The plan was for both OhHello, and Khaos to both visit Fisher. When OhHello didn't go through it I would've lynched him.

No, it changed to khaos tracks OhHello who cops fisher.

I thought that was what matbag proposed, and khaos proposed the other way? I guess it doesn't matter now though.
OhHello
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 2:33:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/10/2013 8:37:16 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Grah! As soon as OhHello posted that I realized we were doomed. Anyway, if the mafia don't mind me asking what made you decide to kill me NP1 :3

You were reasonable, posted a ton and seemed to have some idea of what you were doing. Everyone else except Fisher was either passively agreeing with people or not making a lot of sense, and Fisher was generally a lot quieter.
OhHello
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 2:38:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also, just one last thing that i'd like to finally set straight

At 9/10/2013 3:42:15 AM, Matbag24 wrote:

You posted a few times in the first DP quite early, I see why you would have any problems just claiming out right at the beginning.

I've gone through DP1 and every single post was within the time constraints that I mentioned. If you need me to quote them or something that's fine, but I legitimately can't go on during much of the day. The only reason why I could was that Hatstand had her ipad and was getting me to go on it at lunch.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 3:04:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/12/2013 2:33:53 AM, OhHello wrote:
At 9/10/2013 8:37:16 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Grah! As soon as OhHello posted that I realized we were doomed. Anyway, if the mafia don't mind me asking what made you decide to kill me NP1 :3

You were reasonable, posted a ton and seemed to have some idea of what you were doing. Everyone else except Fisher was either passively agreeing with people or not making a lot of sense, and Fisher was generally a lot quieter.

And what did you say when blade died :)?
OhHello
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 3:24:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/12/2013 3:04:27 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 9/12/2013 2:33:53 AM, OhHello wrote:
At 9/10/2013 8:37:16 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Grah! As soon as OhHello posted that I realized we were doomed. Anyway, if the mafia don't mind me asking what made you decide to kill me NP1 :3

You were reasonable, posted a ton and seemed to have some idea of what you were doing. Everyone else except Fisher was either passively agreeing with people or not making a lot of sense, and Fisher was generally a lot quieter.

And what did you say when blade died :)?

Verbally? There was swearing involved. That was super annoying, but it got the game going and made an interesting game. Is that part of the reason why you were so overly-verbal? Because you knew that if we considered you a viability then we'd lynch you?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 3:27:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In a way yes. Mostly it was because I knew you guys couldn't touch me withought dieing. But I definitely hoped to draw the kill