Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

BEGINNERS 16.3 - Day Phase Three

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 1:07:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mod Note:
I majorly messed up in counting votes last phase and that resulted in the inadvertant lynching of OhHello, to whom I apologize.

Lynched Last Phase:
OhHello - You are the COP. Each night you may investigate another player. Town players investigate as "Innocent," Non-Town players investigate as "Guilty." You win with the Town.

Died Last Night:
Bullish - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select another player to die. You win with the Town.

Previously Dead:

blade runner - ???? - ????
Matbag - Janitor - Mafia

Living Players:
1. Fisher28
2. Shadowguynick
3. Sparkies
4. Khaos_Mage

With 4 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
This Day Phase will end no lather than 1:00 PM on 9/20 DDO Time.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 4:31:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 4:19:52 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
So... no sk then?

Not necessarily.
Perhaps no mafia.
Perhaps no they both killed Bullish.

We are not in a good position here...
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 4:52:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Really, these are the possibilities:
1. No TP, and one mafia.
2. Only SK remains.
3. SK and one mafia (both killed Bullish), and mimiced NP1 NK
4. Survivor and one mafia.
5. Two TP

Honestly, I would assume 1, 2 or 4 are most likely.
So, the question is, what do we do?

We have two options:
A. No lynch, and hope that one faction kills the other (if applicable)
B. Take a chance at MYLO to lynch mafia (lynching SK will lose for us, if there are SK and mafia left)
My work here is, finally, done.
Fisher28
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 5:33:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What course of action do you think we should take khaos? I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I would like to save my idea as a last resort.
Fisher28
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 5:42:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Something just occurred to me, if there is an SK and a mafia, doesn't that make it Lynch and lose?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 6:35:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 5:42:25 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
Something just occurred to me, if there is an SK and a mafia, doesn't that make it Lynch and lose?

Before I answer this, I will state that I am speaking only hypothetically about the mechanics of the game in this theoretical situation.

If the game, currently, was Townie, Townie, SK, and Mafia, then here are the following possibilities:

1. Lynch the SK, Mafia NKs a Townie, Mafia wins (barring any roles that could interfere with the Mafia NK)

2. Lynch the Mafia, the SK NKs a Townie, the SK wins (since he can't be lynched the following phase. Also barring any roles that could interfere with the NK)

3. Mislynch a Townie. This is actually a very interesting scenario. The Mafia and SK could NK each other, meaning a Town win, they could each NK the remaining Townie (Mafia win). One could NK the remaining Townie while getting NKed by the other (the surviving party wins).

4. No Lynch. Again, an interesting scenario. Like the above, they could each NK each other, resulting in a Town win. They could each NK the same Townie, making the situation even more complicated (Prisoner's Dilemma). They could each NK a different Townie (Mafia win), or one could NK the other while the other NK's a Townie (surviving party wins).

In such a case, Town's only hope would be to mislynch or no lynch and hope the remaining scum kill themselves.

Hypothetically.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 8:47:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 5:33:37 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
What course of action do you think we should take khaos? I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I would like to save my idea as a last resort.

Drafter summed it up pretty nicely.
We are in a bind.
I think the best course of action is to no lynch and hope for the best, since none of our roles have been outed, one may save us.

Keeping in mind we don't know if there are two factions or three, or if there are one kill or two.

VTNL

Drafter, hypothetically, if there was a survivor, their win condition is to share the win, correct? Or do they usurp it?
My work here is, finally, done.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 8:56:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 8:47:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/18/2013 5:33:37 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
What course of action do you think we should take khaos? I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I would like to save my idea as a last resort.

Drafter summed it up pretty nicely.
We are in a bind.
I think the best course of action is to no lynch and hope for the best, since none of our roles have been outed, one may save us.

Keeping in mind we don't know if there are two factions or three, or if there are one kill or two.

VTNL

Drafter, hypothetically, if there was a survivor, their win condition is to share the win, correct? Or do they usurp it?

At 9/11/2013 10:53:29 AM, drafterman wrote:

Survivor - Wins by surviving until another faction achieves its win condition (joint win possible).
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 9:02:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 8:53:07 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
Khaos survivors share the win not usurp it.

That's what I thought, but in many games I've played, they do usurp.
So, I say we no lynch, hoping there is a survivor (who may be shot by mafia tonight). If there are two killers out there, the best we could hope for is a double KO, a passive killing role (like a bomb or PGO).

If we did lynch, the best we could do is play spoiler...

Thanks, Drafter. I did see that, but I wanted to make sure since you said a joint win is possible.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:04:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 5:33:37 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
What course of action do you think we should take khaos? I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I would like to save my idea as a last resort.

What is your idea, BTW?
My work here is, finally, done.
Fisher28
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 5:55:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It seems nobody wants to do anything this day phase, so i will tell u my plan next DP Khaos, unless u give me a good reason to tell u before hand. Also, why do u want the survivor to be shot?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:09:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 5:55:14 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
It seems nobody wants to do anything this day phase, so i will tell u my plan next DP Khaos, unless u give me a good reason to tell u before hand.

This inactivity is quite annoying, actually.
I am curious of your plan (I'm a curious person), but is it too late next DP, since the game may be over?
Also, what if you're dead?

Also, why do u want the survivor to be shot?

1. I don't want to share a victory.
2. If they are, it pretty much ensures there isn't an SK, so there is definitely a mafia left.
3. Survivors don't care who wins. So, in the endgame, they may turn on town at a crucial juncture to ensure their own victory.

Also, if you don't think anyone wants to do anything, why not just end the DP with a no lynch vote? (I feel I should point out that Shadow hasn't logged in for over a day, though, so he might have something to say)
My work here is, finally, done.
Fisher28
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 7:29:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
True, this inactivity is quite annoying. I probably will be dead next DP so here is my plan. I think that the best way to find the scum, who is almost definitely mafia, is to out roles. Then we can analyze everyone's claims and see which one doesn't hold up. (Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to do this without me claiming, and seeing as it may be of more use to out...) I am surviver. I win by being alive when either the mafia or the town achieves their win condition, I win with that faction. (I think its best for me to out because it gives us a starting point to find the scum.)
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 7:44:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright, Fisher and/or Sparkies is scum everyone.

Fisher, if we believe him, almost guarantees there is no SK.
Of course, this is a safe fake claim because:
1. The only likely person to counter claim him would be the SK, who is not going to out himself.
2. This may mean Fisher is, in fact, SK.

Couple this with his Blackhawk slip DP1, Fisher could very well be scum.
However, I am more inclined to believe him than not.
It really depends on any results or Sparkies.

Sparkies on the other hand has done zero scumhunting in recent memory, and posted the comment "we're still lynching Bullish tomorrow" in the confusion of twilight last game. He seems more concerned with not leading a lynch than finding scum, and without an answer to our still lynching Bullish, Bullish's death was quite telling. Also, he this DP, he seemed more concerned with getting to a true MYLO than adding anything to help.

I say we either vote to lynch Sparkies, or no lynch and see what happens.
If we believe Fisher, there should only be one death this NP.

And, since Fisher is coming forward in an attempt to narrow the scum pool down, I will let him in on the shared win as a token of narrowing down the suspect pool tremendously.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 7:46:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 7:29:30 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
True, this inactivity is quite annoying. I probably will be dead next DP so here is my plan. I think that the best way to find the scum, who is almost definitely mafia, is to out roles. Then we can analyze everyone's claims and see which one doesn't hold up. (Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to do this without me claiming, and seeing as it may be of more use to out...) I am surviver. I win by being alive when either the mafia or the town achieves their win condition, I win with that faction. (I think its best for me to out because it gives us a starting point to find the scum.)

Also, the only problem with this, is that A) mafia would have a free fake claim from the janitored role, and B) the roles don't have to make sense, since they are random.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 10:42:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 9:00:38 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
Yes, but there could be a slip up. Do we have anything else to go on?

Well, we have my case against Sparkies and your role claim. I have already soft claimed a passive role, and I think the reason I'm alive is there is a role cop.
And, Shadowguy not logging in is pretty much going to kill any chances for a lynch.

VTL Sparkies (in the off chance Shadow shows up)
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 11:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Fisher, why don't you give your reads.
Who do you think is town?
Who do you think is mafia?
Why?

Personally, I think Shadow is town, and myself naturally, so that leaves you and Sparkies.
The likelihood of there being an SK is slim, given the deaths that have occurred, so I am inclined to believe your claim.

Therefore, by POE, Sparkies is the last mafia. (I also suspected him since the end of DP2)
My work here is, finally, done.
Sparkies
Posts: 652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 8:55:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 7:44:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Alright, Fisher and/or Sparkies is scum everyone.

Fisher, if we believe him, almost guarantees there is no SK.
Of course, this is a safe fake claim because:
1. The only likely person to counter claim him would be the SK, who is not going to out himself.
2. This may mean Fisher is, in fact, SK.

Couple this with his Blackhawk slip DP1, Fisher could very well be scum.
However, I am more inclined to believe him than not.
It really depends on any results or Sparkies.

Sparkies on the other hand has done zero scumhunting in recent memory, and posted the comment "we're still lynching Bullish tomorrow" in the confusion of twilight last game. He seems more concerned with not leading a lynch than finding scum, and without an answer to our still lynching Bullish, Bullish's death was quite telling. Also, he this DP, he seemed more concerned with getting to a true MYLO than adding anything to help.

I only added that we'll kynch bullish before knowing him death. But if it's MYLO wouldn't it be safest to no lynch?