Jump to topic:

MultiBall Mafia Pre-game Phase

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 12:19:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Welcome to the Multiball Mafia Pre-game phase!

Before the game, you select in this thread a person to become governor by saying

VTG (person's name)

Votes must be bolded to count.

DP1 Will happen as soon as this phase ends.

Unvote in bold to unvote.

Playerlist:

1. Blackhawk
2. Khaos- Mage
3. TN05
4. Sparkies
5. Johnnyboy
6. JonMilne
7. Hatstand
8. Yraelz
9. NightCat
10. Drafterman
11. Shadowguynick
12. Bullish
13. Noumena
14. Lannan13
15. OhHello

With 15 players It will take 8 to choose a governor.

Pre-game phase starts now. GO GO.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 12:28:33 PM
Not sure who I want to give my vote for at this point, so I randomized it. Vote will change as game progresses.

VTG Hatstand
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 12:31:36 PM
At 9/20/2013 12:30:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Not sure what a governor is, but:
VTG Khaos

Governor has one-shot ability to end a DP with no lynch.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 12:31:51 PM
At 9/20/2013 12:30:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Not sure what a governor is, but:
VTG Khaos

They can stop a lynch once.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 1:12:53 PM
VTG Bullish

I actually promise to never use it under any circumstances UNLESS we have 2 Mafia and a Vig, or I'm the one getting lynched, or something. That's better than Drafter.
0x5f3759df
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 1:19:44 PM
Oh I forgot, you can VTNG (vote to not govern) IF you so choose.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 2:04:17 PM
At 9/20/2013 1:31:56 PM, TN05 wrote:
Unvote VTNG

Stopping a day phase is not normally a pro-town thing.

Actually, like I explained, it could be used if Mafia has a majority and can dominate, a Govern MIGHT help if there's a doctor and vig. I do admit that it's highly unlikely.

But since giving a scum governing is very bad:

UNVOTE
VTNG

I think this VTNG is kind of killing the pre phase.
0x5f3759df
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 3:27:21 PM
Does anyone get any special abilities from becoming the governor, or is that just me? I'm not quite sure how it fits in with my character and whatnot (still waiting on clarification on most of my role), but if I'm the governor, then if/when I save someone from a lynch (I presume by ending in a no lynch), their alignment will be revealed publicly. We could use this to confirm someone's affiliation, and part of my role. VTG Blackhawk
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 4:10:45 PM
At 9/20/2013 3:27:21 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Does anyone get any special abilities from becoming the governor, or is that just me? I'm not quite sure how it fits in with my character and whatnot (still waiting on clarification on most of my role), but if I'm the governor, then if/when I save someone from a lynch (I presume by ending in a no lynch), their alignment will be revealed publicly. We could use this to confirm someone's affiliation, and part of my role. VTG Blackhawk

Post again when you have clarification.
I may vote for you here, if we could have a mod-confirmed townie/scum DP1, that would be a good start.
My work here is, finally, done.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 4:24:32 PM
Until I can see that any player here actually gives themselves any extra special reason to be trusted with the Governor role, I'll VTNG.

However, I will say that the nature of my powers makes me by far town's biggest asset. Giving me the powers would massively help the town in giving the most powerful roled player the extra ability.

In turn, however, I will say that if we DO give the role of Governor to someone, then it should PROBABLY be to a player who adequately mixes experience, quality of play, and general trustworthiness in this particular game.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 4:43:50 PM
At 9/20/2013 4:10:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Post again when you have clarification.
I may vote for you here, if we could have a mod-confirmed townie/scum DP1, that would be a good start.

That part isn't what I'm confused about. That's very clear. It's the rest of my role.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 4:45:33 PM
At 9/20/2013 4:24:32 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Until I can see that any player here actually gives themselves any extra special reason to be trusted with the Governor role, I'll VTNG.

However, I will say that the nature of my powers makes me by far town's biggest asset. Giving me the powers would massively help the town in giving the most powerful roled player the extra ability.

In turn, however, I will say that if we DO give the role of Governor to someone, then it should PROBABLY be to a player who adequately mixes experience, quality of play, and general trustworthiness in this particular game.

Did you read my post? I'd call that a pretty good reason. How could you know whether or not you're the town's biggest asset when you should have no idea what other roles are out there?

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 4:50:24 PM
At 9/20/2013 4:45:33 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/20/2013 4:24:32 PM, JonMilne wrote:

Did you read my post? I'd call that a pretty good reason. How could you know whether or not you're the town's biggest asset when you should have no idea what other roles are out there?

^ I was thinking the same thing.
Unvote
VTG Blackhawk
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 5:04:07 PM
The way I see it, unless there is some sort of additional power attached (like Blackhawk claims), this ability is not very useful for the town. Considering that there are more scum in this game than normal, we would have a 2/5 chance of giving the power to the mafia. If a townie is governor, all they could do is excersise their opinion over that of the town (and there is a reason that we require a majority after all), whereas if a mafioso was governer, they could force a win at LYLO, or save a scumbuddy long enough for them to use a night action (much like what we did in Yu-Gi-Oh mafia).

As such, I wil VTG Blackhawk on the grounds that a power like the one he claimed would be too easy to prove, on the condition that it is used early on. Electing someone governor is probably akin to painting a target on their back, especially if they can use their power to confirm someone, so that and the fact that this ability could benefit the mafia greatly later on are reasons that this ability should essentially be used DP1.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 6:09:36 PM
VTG Lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 6:16:56 PM
At 9/20/2013 6:09:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTG Lannan13

Why should we vote you for governer? While I understand that to you, you are the only confirmed townie (assuming that you are town), unless we have a better reason, no one else will vote for you. One vote does not a governor make, and if everyone voted for themselves on this basis, we would end up without a governer. Please either provide a reason why we should vote for you or consider how you want this to end (assuming that you won't end up as governor).
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:27:39 PM
At 9/20/2013 5:04:07 PM, Hatstand wrote:
As such, I wil VTG Blackhawk on the grounds that a power like the one he claimed would be too easy to prove, on the condition that it is used early on. Electing someone governor is probably akin to painting a target on their back, especially if they can use their power to confirm someone, so that and the fact that this ability could benefit the mafia greatly later on are reasons that this ability should essentially be used DP1.

That was my plan. Find someone dp 1, and get their alignment.

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:44:37 PM
At 9/20/2013 7:43:16 PM, Sparkies wrote:
At 9/20/2013 7:41:30 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
This is stupid.

seconded that, VTG Johnny

Why would you vote to give me a powerful ability?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:46:46 PM
I think if blackhawk has a role that can confirm someone go ahead and use it. But if he is lying we know who we gave governor to. I am assuming we are doing this DP1 yes? If we are doing this DP1 give it to blackhawk. If he doesn't use it lynch him. If he does then we can be assured a town confirmation.
VTG Blackhawk
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:50:57 PM
Well, you are one of the more experienced players in this game, and quite a lot of people are voting for them selves, so I through that if I vote for someone who thinks this thing is stupid(which I agree as ending a day phase will definitely prevent us townies from talking and lynch I think) No one else will vote for that player! :)
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:51:20 PM
At 9/20/2013 7:46:46 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
I think if blackhawk has a role that can confirm someone go ahead and use it. But if he is lying we know who we gave governor to. I am assuming we are doing this DP1 yes? If we are doing this DP1 give it to blackhawk. If he doesn't use it lynch him. If he does then we can be assured a town confirmation.
VTG Blackhawk

Or a mafia confirmation. Depends on the affiliation of the person we choose.

Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:51:58 PM
At 9/20/2013 7:51:20 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/20/2013 7:46:46 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
VTG Blackhawk

Or a mafia confirmation. Depends on the affiliation of the person we choose.

And it is being done DP1?
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:55:18 PM
So, are we deciding to put the govern post to one person and then confirm or lynch them?
I dont really understand what you are trying to plan Nick.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 8:00:40 PM
At 9/20/2013 7:55:18 PM, Sparkies wrote:
So, are we deciding to put the govern post to one person and then confirm or lynch them?
I dont really understand what you are trying to plan Nick.

It's not Nick's plan. Blackhawk (says he) has an ability that has to do with the governor role. What will happen is that we will lynch someone and Blackhawk will use his governor power to save them. If Blackhawk is telling the truth, then whoever we tried to lynch will have their affiliation (town/mafia (that's a good question. Will we know whether they are a part of mafia 1 or mafia 2?)) mod-confirmed. If they are scum, we lynch them. If they don't get revealed, we lynch Blackhawk.