Matbag - Janitor - Mafia
OnHello - Cop - Town
Bullish - Vigilante - Town

Living Players:
1. Fisher28
2. Shadowguynick
3. Sparkies
4. Khaos_Mage

With 4 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
This Day Phase will end no lather than 12:00 PM on 9/24 DDO Time.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 12:51:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright let me start by apologizing for not showing up last DP. That was my fault, I didn't really have the time to.
Now, we are stuck again at MYLO. There are 2 townies, me and someone else, but only if there is a TP. There are 3 townies if only one faction remains. My math for this goes as follows:
If there is a TP there is most likely 1 plus the 2 mafia.
If there is only mafia it is most likely 2 like last game.
In fact since we know fisher is TP (whether he lied about being survivor or not remains to be seen) we cannot lynch. If we lynch fisher, and he is survivor/SK mafia NKs one of us and wins. If we lynch a mafioso fisher (if the SK) kills one of us and wins. Town is in an extremely bad situation.
I am going to read all the DPs again.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 12:59:31 PM
At 9/21/2013 12:51:03 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Alright let me start by apologizing for not showing up last DP. That was my fault, I didn't really have the time to.
Now, we are stuck again at MYLO. There are 2 townies, me and someone else, but only if there is a TP. There are 3 townies if only one faction remains. My math for this goes as follows:
In fact since we know fisher is TP (whether he lied about being survivor or not remains to be seen) we cannot lynch. If we lynch fisher, and he is survivor/SK mafia NKs one of us and wins. If we lynch a mafioso fisher (if the SK) kills one of us and wins. Town is in an extremely bad situation.

What do you make of no kill last night?
Do you think Fisher is lying about SK and targeted someone who can't die?
What are your reads?
My work here is, finally, done.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 1:10:02 PM
At 9/21/2013 12:59:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What are your reads?

What do I make of it? I'm assuming there might be a doctor or something.
Hard to say. The NKs so far line up with him being survivor. NP1 I am pretty sure Bullish killed Matbag (based on the fact that he wanted him dead DP1) and NP2 there was only 1 kill. So if he is the SK he is a very unlucky one. However we know he is at least TP.
My reads are as follows:
Me- Town
Fisher- TP (I'm actually leaning on him being survivor)
Khaos- Town
Sparkies- scum

I would lynch sparkies or fisher, but like stated above if we do we are really just killing ourselves.
I just thought of something, are you doctor? Or some kind of role that prevents NKs?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 1:19:22 PM
At 9/21/2013 1:10:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

What are your reads?

Hard to say. The NKs so far line up with him being survivor. NP1 I am pretty sure Bullish killed Matbag (based on the fact that he wanted him dead DP1) and NP2 there was only 1 kill. So if he is the SK he is a very unlucky one. However we know he is at least TP.
My reads are as follows:
Me- Town
Khaos- Town
Sparkies- scum

I would lynch sparkies or fisher, but like stated above if we do we are really just killing ourselves.
I just thought of something, are you doctor? Or some kind of role that prevents NKs?

I have a passive role, and if mafia role copped me it explains why I'm still alive.

However, we're not so screwed.
Based on your reads, if you believe Fisher is survivor (and I actually agree), then town isn't in too bad of shape. We have to share the win, but it's better than losing, right?

VTL Sparkies
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 1:26:01 PM
At 9/21/2013 1:19:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/21/2013 1:10:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

What are your reads?

My reads are as follows:
Me- Town
Khaos- Town
Sparkies- scum

I have a passive role, and if mafia role copped me it explains why I'm still alive.

However, we're not so screwed.
Based on your reads, if you believe Fisher is survivor (and I actually agree), then town isn't in too bad of shape. We have to share the win, but it's better than losing, right?

VTL Sparkies

So what does your role do? Can it help us determine anything? Do you get ANY kind of results from it? If yes what kind of results have you gotten?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 1:26:28 PM
By the way, here are my reads (and roles):

Fisher is survivor. The fact that there are no unexplained deaths 99% precludes there being no SK... assuming there is Bullish did kill Mat (he never confirmed it for some reason)

I am town, and the bomb. This is why I believe there is a role cop. Mafia cannot kill me without losing, since Mat was killed, my death would mean mafia will also die.

Shadow is town and aesetic. Or whatever the role of not being a target is. This I assume is from a DP1 post that said there is no need to investigate him. (i.e. it will fail)

This leaves Sparkies, who I believe is role cop and mafia. He hasn't been too keen on providing analysis of late. He wanted to ensure the vig's death in the false twilight of DP2, and seemed to want to get to DP4 ASAP DP3.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 1:37:50 PM
At 9/21/2013 1:26:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Fisher is survivor. The fact that there are no unexplained deaths 99% precludes there being no SK... assuming there is Bullish did kill Mat (he never confirmed it for some reason)

I am town, and the bomb. This is why I believe there is a role cop. Mafia cannot kill me without losing, since Mat was killed, my death would mean mafia will also die.

Shadow is town and aesetic. Or whatever the role of not being a target is. This I assume is from a DP1 post that said there is no need to investigate him. (i.e. it will fail)

This leaves Sparkies, who I believe is role cop and mafia. He hasn't been too keen on providing analysis of late. He wanted to ensure the vig's death in the false twilight of DP2, and seemed to want to get to DP4 ASAP DP3.

After reading DP1 I am having a hard time believing Sparkies is mafia. Matbag pursued a lynch on him early on (when there was absolutely no suspicion and no reason to bus) saying that Sparkies would just be a liability. Since there was no reason to bus him at that point (It would be extremely stupid) I'm having a hard time believing that Matbag would try to bus him. POE states, by this logic, that YOU are the last scum. Sparkies MIGHT be the role cop, but there is really no inclination to believe he is. Since roles are random, and if he is mafia, he could be any role really. What you are stating is a possibility, not a probability.

Sparkies you need to claim.

VTL Khaos
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 2:01:58 PM
At 9/21/2013 1:37:50 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

After reading DP1 I am having a hard time believing Sparkies is mafia. Matbag pursued a lynch on him early on (when there was absolutely no suspicion and no reason to bus) saying that Sparkies would just be a liability. Since there was no reason to bus him at that point (It would be extremely stupid) I'm having a hard time believing that Matbag would try to bus him.
It's called town cred. By having mafia make a poor case against another mafia, it puts that second mafia in a better light. Compound this with the fact that Mat was janitor and could give Sparkies a free and clear safe claim makes it even more likely.

POE states, by this logic, that YOU are the last scum.
If you trust your reads so much...
However, you pegged me as town at the start of DP4, and Sparkies as scum. First impressions change, and if my behavior is more townie and Sparkies through the entirety of the game, maybe you should reevaluate your reads.

Sparkies MIGHT be the role cop, but there is really no inclination to believe he is. Since roles are random, and if he is mafia, he could be any role really. What you are stating is a possibility, not a probability.

Fair enough.
Here is another probability: why are you still alive? I can explain why I am, can you? I have soft claimed my bomb status each day, you made one passing reference to your role, which could easily have been proactive keep-the-cop-away scheme.

Tack on your mysterious absence at MYLO yesterday and now asking if I am a doc...

If roles are random, what good is his?

VTL Khaos
Fisher28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 3:47:39 PM
Here r my roles and reads:
I am survivor, leaning town (I say leaning for myself just because i am not a town role.)

Sparkies ???, leaning scum. Sparkies leans scum for a couple of reasons, he is the only one to have not claimed in any way (scum don't like to fake claim cause it leaves more opportunity for them to get caught, right?) also he randomly wanted the last DP to pass quickly so this one could come up (I would like an explanation of this).

Khaos claimed bomb, leaning town, Khaos leans town because his claim makes sense to me, he has not pushed for anything that I would view as scummy (I could have missed something though), his arguments make sense for town, and he is very active.

(Keep this in mind though) The first night phase two people died, we don't know what role the first one was, but we know a mafia ended up dead too. This could be because Bullish was a vig or because the dead person was a bomb, this would make a perfect fake claim for Khaos because it explains why he was not targeted last night and why he would not have an night results (if he fake claimed tracker or something he would have to come up with night results).

Shadow (not completely sure what the role is i just know shadow sort of claimed that it could prevent night actions used on him, or at least investigation), I read shadow as being in between, this is mostly because I view some of his actions as town, but some as scummy (most were explained though), also I am saying in between because I have been analyzing all four DPs for the past 30 min or so and I am starting to confuse myself, so I don't want to type out a confusing statement. (I will probably reread shadow later)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 5:11:35 PM
At 9/21/2013 3:47:39 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
Here r my roles and reads:
I am survivor, leaning town (I say leaning for myself just because i am not a town role.)

Sparkies ???, leaning scum. Sparkies leans scum for a couple of reasons, he is the only one to have not claimed in any way (scum don't like to fake claim cause it leaves more opportunity for them to get caught, right?) also he randomly wanted the last DP to pass quickly so this one could come up (I would like an explanation of this).

Khaos claimed bomb, leaning town, Khaos leans town because his claim makes sense to me, he has not pushed for anything that I would view as scummy (I could have missed something though), his arguments make sense for town, and he is very active.

(Keep this in mind though) The first night phase two people died, we don't know what role the first one was, but we know a mafia ended up dead too. This could be because Bullish was a vig or because the dead person was a bomb, this would make a perfect fake claim for Khaos because it explains why he was not targeted last night and why he would not have an night results (if he fake claimed tracker or something he would have to come up with night results).

That is a valid concern.
It is quite annoying that Bullish didn't own up to what he did, but if your concern is that I would have to make up results, why do you think I couldn't do that?

Shadow (not completely sure what the role is i just know shadow sort of claimed that it could prevent night actions used on him, or at least investigation), I read shadow as being in between, this is mostly because I view some of his actions as town, but some as scummy (most were explained though), also I am saying in between because I have been analyzing all four DPs for the past 30 min or so and I am starting to confuse myself, so I don't want to type out a confusing statement. (I will probably reread shadow later)
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 5:15:25 PM
At 9/21/2013 2:01:58 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

After reading DP1 I am having a hard time believing Sparkies is mafia. Matbag pursued a lynch on him early on (when there was absolutely no suspicion and no reason to bus) saying that Sparkies would just be a liability. Since there was no reason to bus him at that point (It would be extremely stupid) I'm having a hard time believing that Matbag would try to bus him.
It's called town cred. By having mafia make a poor case against another mafia, it puts that second mafia in a better light. Compound this with the fact that Mat was janitor and could give Sparkies a free and clear safe claim makes it even more likely.

He would only get town cred if Sparkies got lynched, and it was revealed that he was mafia. And in a game with the possibility of an SK it would be an extremely bold and stupid move.

Except I know I am town, so I eliminated myself from the equation.

However, you pegged me as town at the start of DP4, and Sparkies as scum. First impressions change, and if my behavior is more townie and Sparkies through the entirety of the game, maybe you should reevaluate your reads.

I will give you that. However Sparkies has been largely absent, so there is little to actually work off of him.

Sparkies MIGHT be the role cop, but there is really no inclination to believe he is. Since roles are random, and if he is mafia, he could be any role really. What you are stating is a possibility, not a probability.

Fair enough.
Here is another probability: why are you still alive? I can explain why I am, can you? I have soft claimed my bomb status each day, you made one passing reference to your role, which could easily have been proactive keep-the-cop-away scheme.

My role is commuter, which you basically guessed anyway. That is why I am still alive. I cannot die in the night. Where did you softclaim bomb? I would really like to see that.

Tack on your mysterious absence at MYLO yesterday and now asking if I am a doc...

You know for a fact I wasn't on at all. You even stated that you saw that I hadn't logged in for a while beforehand. When I asked you if you were a doc I was trying to see how you would respond.

At this point we need to see all the roles and figure out which ones make sense with what has happened so far, and which ones don't.

VTL Khaos

Unvote
We need more players to start talking before we reach a decision. I am really on the fence with Khaos. His play indicates town, but logic indicates not. I need more time to think this over.
Fisher28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 9:42:39 PM
At 9/21/2013 5:11:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
That is a valid concern.
It is quite annoying that Bullish didn't own up to what he did, but if your concern is that I would have to make up results, why do you think I couldn't do that?

It isn't that I don't think you could do that Khaos, it's just that it would't make sense, it is more dangerous.
Fisher28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 9:43:44 PM
Also, it seems we all think that Sparkies is scum, but considering my experience last round I would like Sparkies to post before I VTL him.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 10:41:23 PM
My reads is that Khaos is the most likely scum, but we are at mylo so im going VTNL and wait for the next day phase to reduce the number of possible scum.
Fisher28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 11:22:10 PM
Why do you read Khaos scum Sparkies? Why do you keep wanting next DP during MYLO, and what is your role?
Fisher28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 11:23:11 PM
All of us posted detailed and reasoned reads, you just came on and said you think Khaos is scum with no reasoning, why?
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 11:27:04 PM
Shadow said about how the things khaos have said sounds town BUT the logic isnt. For me , Shadow seems null( I suspect hider), fisher you statement seems true, and Khaos is the only one who's role is in question as I strongly believe that Khaos is scum as My role is very similar but if you dont believe me, we can just wait it out. :)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 3:45:35 AM
At 9/21/2013 11:27:04 PM, Sparkies wrote:
Shadow said about how the things khaos have said sounds town BUT the logic isnt. For me , Shadow seems null( I suspect hider), fisher you statement seems true, and Khaos is the only one who's role is in question as I strongly believe that Khaos is scum as My role is very similar but if you dont believe me, we can just wait it out. :)

Is this supposed to be a CC? "It's similar to mine"...

The roles are RANDOM, people.
In a regular game, if my role was similar to yours, that would be enough for suspicion.
However:
1. The roles are random, so it doesn't matter.
2. Your weak CC well after I bread crumbed my role, and at MYLO is not a town-tell and exactly what scum would do.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:03:59 AM
Khaos, Im not trying to CC, Im just saying in my opinion that If im alive for the nect dp, Ill definitely know who the mafia is, that is all. Lynch me and This game will end for sure.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:05:36 AM
At 9/21/2013 5:15:25 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 9/21/2013 2:01:58 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

He would only get town cred if Sparkies got lynched, and it was revealed that he was mafia. And in a game with the possibility of an SK it would be an extremely bold and stupid move.

Wrong and right.
Yes, Mat would get town cred if Sparkies was lynched.
However, if Mat were killed (as he was suspected by Bullish), then Mat's attack is viewed as trying to get a mislynch (i.e. giving Sparkies town cred).

Except I know I am town, so I eliminated myself from the equation.

I will give you that. However Sparkies has been largely absent, so there is little to actually work off of him.

AKA Lurking

Fair enough.

My role is commuter, which you basically guessed anyway. That is why I am still alive. I cannot die in the night. Where did you softclaim bomb? I would really like to see that.

1. I didn't guess at all right. My guess was ascetic, which prevents you from being a non-lethal target.
2. DP1, I suggested to OhHello my discrepency in not asking for roles was because I may have a passive role among others (a very very soft claim). I guess I didn't do anything DP2, but post 25 DP3 was this:
At 9/19/2013 9:00:38 PM, Fisher28 wrote:
Yes, but there could be a slip up. Do we have anything else to go on?

Well, we have my case against Sparkies and your role claim. I have already soft claimed a passive role, and I think the reason I'm alive is there is a role cop.
And, Shadowguy not logging in is pretty much going to kill any chances for a lynch.

VTL Sparkies (in the off chance Shadow shows up)

You know for a fact I wasn't on at all. You even stated that you saw that I hadn't logged in for a while beforehand. When I asked you if you were a doc I was trying to see how you would respond.

Just because you didn't log in doesn't mean you weren't lurking.
Yes, you couldn't have posted because you weren't logged on, but the why you weren't logged on is the question...

At this point we need to see all the roles and figure out which ones make sense with what has happened so far, and which ones don't.

VTL Khaos

Unvote
We need more players to start talking before we reach a decision. I am really on the fence with Khaos. His play indicates town, but logic indicates not. I need more time to think this over.

Let me say this...
1. If Sparkies was willing to go along with my plan NP2 where we were to mitigate any extra deaths by outing passive killing roles, why didn't he out his "similar" role? I can only guess he is alluding to PGO, which would have killed anyone.
Should I have outed my bomb status? Yes, but the only way I'd kill anyone was if I was killed, and my flip would explain it. So, my role didn't hinder my plan, but his did. This was anti-town, IMO.

2. Yes, role cop is a possibility (1/17 by my count). However, the janitored role being bomb is less probable (1/22). However, if mafia knew I was bomb, it explains why they haven't killed me. That is the only conclusion I can draw. Why is this faulty logic?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:07:18 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:03:59 AM, Sparkies wrote:
Khaos, Im not trying to CC, Im just saying in my opinion that If im alive for the nect dp, Ill definitely know who the mafia is, that is all. Lynch me and This game will end for sure.

Why are you the only one who hasn't role claimed?
Are you hunter?
Super saint....again?
Vengeful?

BTW, hider isn't in this game.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:08:50 AM
Actually, what does everyone think of Shadow's commuter claim?
Not his claim, per se, but what if Fisher is SK, and has been targeting Shadow for the last three nights. The first by accident, but then to hide his true role...
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:09:23 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:07:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Are you hunter?
Super saint....again?
Vengeful?

: BTW, hider isn't in this game.

Explain why there wasnt a kill last Night phase then? THE ONLY reason that I can think of is a bulletproof person, which means someone lied.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:11:37 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:08:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Actually, what does everyone think of Shadow's commuter claim?
Not his claim, per se, but what if Fisher is SK, and has been targeting Shadow for the last three nights. The first by accident, but then to hide his true role...

I am fairly certain that there is no SK or else there would have been more deaths in this game for sure.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:11:52 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:09:23 AM, Sparkies wrote:
At 9/22/2013 4:07:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Are you hunter?
Super saint....again?
Vengeful?

: BTW, hider isn't in this game.

Explain why there wasnt a kill last Night phase then? THE ONLY reason that I can think of is a bulletproof person, which means someone lied.

1. Mafia (i.e. you) opted not to kill anyone.
2. They targeted Shadow, who claimed commuter.

These come to mind pretty quick.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:12:55 AM
Sparkies out your role now.
You're speaking in riddles again and it is anti-town.

How are you to:
1. Know for sure who the mafia is tomorrow (and why tomorrow and not today)
2. Have a similar role to mine
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:15:15 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:12:55 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Sparkies out your role now.
You're speaking in riddles again and it is anti-town.

How are you to:
1. Know for sure who the mafia is tomorrow (and why tomorrow and not today)
2. Have a similar role to mine

I refuse, lynch me and I'll end this game. Also the main reason why I've acted scummish is (solve it yourself)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 4:16:52 AM
At 9/22/2013 4:13:17 AM, Sparkies wrote:
The mafia has to kill, dont they? Or else It could be a slow game?

Why do they have to?
SK has to, yes.
Mafia, no. But, they almost always do...

The question is, why wouldn't they?