Total Posts:266|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

MultiBall Mafia DP2

TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 7:59:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In the Night...

The Tall man walked with purpose, the people around him not knowing what it was. Or who he was. Or where he was. But he was there, waiting, waiting for something to happen. But nothing did.

He saw the box. A big black box. He had to run, he had to go fast. VERY fast. But would that save him? He had no time to think such a thing. As he bent around a corner and though: Why isn't there more dust on De_Dust? But then he felt it. A water droplet. And then more. He knew something was wrong, nothing was in the sky, but he couldn't run. He tried, but winds pulled him back, slowing him down. As he was about to pop a can and run away, he saw the last thing he would ever see this round: Cuddles.

The Winds stripped him of everything: His escape, his life, and worst of all: His identity.

He sat in his suit, pretty confident. Who in this dimension was going to mess with him? He had the power of death and life itself. He feared no man. However, right before he died, he feared one thing: A woman.

Another day, another dollar. That's if currency was worth what is used to be. But there are always things of worth. As Logan Card breathed his last, he truly realized what was worth the most: his life.

The rest of his party found him, a deep gash across his chest. It wasn't a gun, that much was obvious. Too deep for even the undead. And no normal person could hold his own with Logan. It was a mystery, one that they would have to ponder the next day.

One more person went out this day. IT was pretty wild, but nothing seemed to happen.

The rest, nobody knows, for nothing else was noticeable, or at the least worth noting.


Dead in the night:

Yraelz - ?????????????????????????????????????????????? - ????? (The question marks don't matter, just like on whose line.)

OhHello - Dovahkiin " You are the Mighty Dovakiin. You can select 3 weapons, spells, shouts, abilities, or pieces of armor to use in combat. If you do not select at least one weapon, you will be revealed as the Dovahkiin to everyone else(the next DP) You win with the town.

Lannan - " You are logan Card, a influential character in the dead island series. As you have good health, can use melee and ranged weapons, and have good all-around stats, you are the JOAT. You can select one ability each night to use.

Medkit " This move will give you a medkit which you can either use immediately, save, or give to someone else. If you save it, you can use it the night you use another ability. If your protect is successful, you get another med-kit.

Assault Weapon " Unfortunately, you do not have the ability to kill anybody with this ability, however you can role-block 3 people of your choice, by trapping them in crossfire.

Melee Weapon " Select 2 people: This move has a 50 " 50 chance of working on either of them. If you have used 2 abilities before this one, you can raise the chances to 100% in a charge, dying in the process. You and your targets can be protected against this ability, be warned. If you have used all 3 of your other abilities, you can do this move during the day instead. This is a killing move.

Suicide Pill " This pill will give the person you give it to the ability to commit suicide. This can be protected against, and can be used in conjunction with med-kit to get another doctor protect.

You win with the town.

Day Phase 2 Will begin with the following players:

1. Blackhawk
2. Khaos- Mage
3. TN05
4. Sparkies
5. Johnnyboy
6. JonMilne
7. Hatstand
8. NightCat
9. Drafterman
10. Shadowguynick
11. Bullish
12. Noumena

With 12 Alive, It's 7 to lynch.

DP2 Starts right now.

Go go go!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Sparkies
Posts: 652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 8:34:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 8:10:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
Uh... Lannan was confirmed and no one bothered to protect him?

When was he confirmed? Did I miss something?
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 8:53:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
First off, I stopped talking and didn't respond to anything last dp because I was silenced halfway through. Right when I made my last non-voting post of the phase, I recieved a message from TA that I was silenced.In the event that this happens again, I feel full disclosure of my role is necessary. I'm Steve, the guy from Minecraft. With my role I can choose one mod and "download" it. Based on the mod I choose, I get an ability. I orignally thought of choosing a gun mod to be vig, but dropped that idea. I didn't want to find myself in a poisition where I couldn't really use it. Next, I found an invincibility mod that would've made me BP. I was going to go with that, but decided that I could use my role in a more pro-town manner. So, I looked some more. (for fun I found out about a moon mod, but all that got was commuter). I found a Lord of The Rings mod and Doctor Who mod. The Doctor Who mod would've gotten me some ability that would've had a 50/50 chance of killing my target. I figured probably a doc with said flavor. With the LoTR mod, I have the Ring. I can put the ring on any np I choose, and it makes me invincible. The downside is that the next dp, I become a lightning rod. I figured that this would be a good choice because I can survive the nights, and then draw any abilities that are used the next day, such as silencing. I shared all of this with everyone in the event that I draw another silence. Since that'd prevent me from posting, you'll have something to analyze. Here are the links to the mods I had looked into so no one needs to go dig them up for themselves.
BP - I never dug up a link. I considered it to be a well known mod.
Invincibility - http://www.minecraftforum.net...
Commuter -http://www.minecraftdl.com...
Doc Who - http://www.minecraftforum.net...
LoTR - http://www.minecraftforum.net...

Here are my thoughts on players so far:
Bullish. While I disagree with his thinking on revealing information, I don't think he's scum for it. I think he's genuinly trying to do his best to help town based on his past experience. Plus, I don't see how trying to limit the information revealed would be at all beneficial from a mafia standpoint. By limiting the information, it would make it harder for his mafia to eliminate the other mafia. Sure, it does the same for the other mafia, which protects his, but I still think that he'd want more information out there.

Sparkies is null to me. In the pre-game, there's the interaction with johnny where he agrees the ability is stupid and then votes johnny. His explanation ends up being that everyone voted for themself, so if he voted for johnny, no one else would. First of all, at that point, I'd outed my ability, and most votes at that point were on me. Second off, he could have just VTNGd if he didn't want a governor. It seems that he just wasn't paying any attention whatsoever, and was trying to look active. The wall I hit in wanting to call him scum is that, like in the case of lannan, I feel that, as scum, he'd have been more clued in to what was going on. Granted, he could have been trying to avoid the risk of my ability being used on one of his scum buddies. All in all, though, I view him as null.

I'm leaning town on Hatstand. Everything that she's said has, imo, been pretty thought out. I don't think that most mafia would have put as much thought into the confirmation target. Plus, her thinking on the matter is pretty pro-town. A person that's hard to confirm and of moderate skill. First, those people like lannan are perfect mislynch targets, so I don't know why mafia would want one confirmed. Also, the wanting of confirmation of a moderate player is a town sided thing, imo. I'd think the mafia would want to know if someone like drafter was mafia more than someone like lannan. Granted, they could also want someone like drafter confirmed town less than someone like lannan. That point can kind of go either way, although I believe the first to be more likely. Regardless of that point, though, I think my first point is a pretty good indication that Hatstand is town.

Drafter, I'm leaning town. It's not so much what he said, as much as it's a gut feeling. While I said his willingness to go along with being checked is null, it doesn't feel like he was just submitting to it because there was no way out. He also expressed that he felt flipping an innactive was better than flipping an active player because they're so hard to read. While it wasn't an original idea of his, I don't get the feeling that he was parroting anyone.

Outside of these players, everyone else is null. (I had stuff on lannan and yraelz, but I deleted it since they're dead)

(These reads are largely from memory, with some skimming over the past phases. If there's something I missed that should affect one of my reads, please, let me know.)
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 8:57:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So... anyone else got anything to say? Any questions? Any results that could catch a mafia (ex: watcher saw who visited yraelz/ohhello/lannan)?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:05:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 9:01:26 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Isn't Hatstand dead? She appears in the "Died last night" list.

No.... She appears in the "still living" list, just like 11 other players including both you and me. Where did you get the idea that she'd be dead?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:05:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 9:05:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:01:26 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Isn't Hatstand dead? She appears in the "Died last night" list.

No.... She appears in the "still living" list, just like 11 other players including both you and me. Where did you get the idea that she'd be dead?

Sorry, I saw her name in the "Died last night" list.
I am guessing then she opted for no weapons.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:13:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 9:05:54 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:05:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:01:26 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Isn't Hatstand dead? She appears in the "Died last night" list.

No.... She appears in the "still living" list, just like 11 other players including both you and me. Where did you get the idea that she'd be dead?

Sorry, I saw her name in the "Died last night" list.
I am guessing then she opted for no weapons.

She's not in the "died last night" list. That's OhHello that you're talking about, and he is dead. Hatstand is only in the "still living" list.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:23:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 9:13:34 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:05:54 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:05:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/28/2013 9:01:26 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Isn't Hatstand dead? She appears in the "Died last night" list.

No.... She appears in the "still living" list, just like 11 other players including both you and me. Where did you get the idea that she'd be dead?

Sorry, I saw her name in the "Died last night" list.
I am guessing then she opted for no weapons.

She's not in the "died last night" list. That's OhHello that you're talking about, and he is dead. Hatstand is only in the "still living" list.

Well I'm retarded.
Disregard previous comments.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 3:36:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
My reads list:

Blackhawk - Town

Between his governor ability and his last post, I believe that no scum would ever come up with something that complex and easy to disprove as a false claim. If the governor role were false, we would know it by now. Also, if his claim is true, it implies day-abilities (one of which may be the silencing which he reports), and were anyone else to be targeted by such an ability on a day he claimed to use the ring his claim would be proved false.

Khaos-Mage - Null (watching)

As I have said before, I do not think that Khaos's mistake regarding Blackhawk's ability merits a scumread. His willingness to flip himself works in his favour, although I don't think that his tidbit about his character being from Yu-Gi-Oh really confirms much. My own experience in his Yu-Gi-Oh themed game taught me just how wide a field that is, so tying himself down to that franchise does nothing to tie him down in terms of roles or characters. This does not mean he is scum, it just means that that particular action does not contribute towards his being town. The only thing that really makes me pause about his play is this post here: (http://www.debate.org... (post 62)) which I noticed when re-reading DP1. In this post he suggests that I could be protecting one or more of several good players with my counter-plan. He put Cats on this list, saying that he is unsure about Cats's stature as a player. Yet in the link to the previous multiball game that he recommended as reading material here (http://www.debate.org... (post 142)), which can be found here (http://www.debate.org...), Cats's play was not nearly on par with the other people he listed. As Khaos himself played in this game, I cannot think of any reason why he would be unaware of this.

TN05 - slight town

While TN's contributions to scum hunting were minimal (the only real contribution to be made was here (http://www.debate.org... (post 131)) where he FOS's Lannan for his defensiveness), his actions in providing stability to the town by clearing up information (such as suggesting that having the remnants of two scum teams would be optimal for town (http://www.debate.org... (post 27))) or posting unofficial vote counts seem to be town orientated.

Sparkies - null

As Blackhawk said above, while some off Sparkies's actions seem a little odd (e.g. His voting of Johnny in the pre-game), I cannot think of a scum motivation for doing this, or at least not one that would have been advised against by his scumbuddies. As such, I am willing to attribute his actions to sheer noobishness. Other than that, he has not done anything significant, and he has done nothing of note to further scumhunting. Then again, he's not the only one...

Yralez - Null - inactivity - note that the previous Yralez must have been town (despite the question marks) or else he would not have been allowed to sub back in.

JonMilne - null - inactivity

NightCat - Town (confirmed)

Drafterman - null (watching)

My reads on drafter from the last round still stand. (http://www.debate.org... (post 148)

Shadowguynick - slight scum

He only made three posts in DP1, to support the lynch-drafter plan. This was made after alternate plans were mentioned (http://www.debate.org... (post 86)) and yet made no mention of them. Having a top player caught and lynched would be of more benefit to the scum than having another player caught, and this paired with his lack of genuine scumhunting seems scummy to me. (Note that by this logic, if Nick and Drafter are both scum, they are not on the same scum team.

Bullish - slight town

I like the tin-foil. It's good to consider all possibilities, and, whether he can back it up or not he is providing decent theory as to the nature of multiball games (seeing as he cannot back it up, remember to evaluate anything he says for yourself). His questioning of what people thought would be the best play style (which started (http://www.debate.org... (post 25)) and continued throughout the game) backs up this idea, as he genuinely seems to be trying to help the town find its best play.

Noumena - null - inactivity

I would appreciate it if everyone who I have labelled as either null or slight-scum (so everyone except Blackhawk and Bullish) provided their thoughts on events so far, along with their scumreads, with reasoning. Meaningful posting from you will allow you to be sorted more easily into the town or scum piles (or if you're already slipping into the scum pile, may allow us to see the error of our ways (or condemn you. But you should probably look at it the first way)).

Also, note that seeing as Yralez(1) was town, and so were the other two people who died, the numbers are now (6-3-3). Not so good for the town. We cannot afford another night like that, so it is imperative that we find the scum as fast as possible.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 3:52:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
On second thought, if Yralez(1) and Johnny were on the same scum team, TA may have allowed him to sub back in there. That would have no adverse side effects. So we don't know that Yralez(1) was town, but if he was scum then, he is now.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:10:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.

There is always a possibility that this is a scum role, but it seems unlikely. Moreover, his other actions have already painted him as town. As such, we can consider him role-confirmed and probably town.

Bullish, does the fact that you had Khaos confirm you mean that you think he is town? What is your read on him?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:18:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:10:19 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.

There is always a possibility that this is a scum role, but it seems unlikely. Moreover, his other actions have already painted him as town. As such, we can consider him role-confirmed and probably town.

Bullish, does the fact that you had Khaos confirm you mean that you think he is town? What is your read on him?

I can only imagine he does believe I am town, given what he did to me last night.
It could be a trick, but I doubt it. I am 99% sure he is town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:19:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/28/2013 8:57:56 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
So... anyone else got anything to say? Any questions? Any results that could catch a mafia (ex: watcher saw who visited yraelz/ohhello/lannan)?

I'd say Bullish is town, so we got that POE going for us.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:37:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:18:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:10:19 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.

There is always a possibility that this is a scum role, but it seems unlikely. Moreover, his other actions have already painted him as town. As such, we can consider him role-confirmed and probably town.

Bullish, does the fact that you had Khaos confirm you mean that you think he is town? What is your read on him?

I can only imagine he does believe I am town, given what he did to me last night.
It could be a trick, but I doubt it. I am 99% sure he is town.

Hardly, if the sugar-giving was along the lines of fruit-vending. As town, you would be happy to confirm him, as it would narrow your scumhunting list. As scum, you would have had to confirm him or else you yourself would be confirmed scum when he flipped. I simply wanted to know what he thought. To me, you are still null.

Was there something more to the sugar-giving? If so, a simple yes will do. A confirmation from the both of you that it did more than just sit there being confirming would be enough.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:48:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 3:36:23 AM, Hatstand wrote:
My reads list:


Khaos-Mage - Null (watching)

As I have said before, I do not think that Khaos's mistake regarding Blackhawk's ability merits a scumread. His willingness to flip himself works in his favour, although I don't think that his tidbit about his character being from Yu-Gi-Oh really confirms much. My own experience in his Yu-Gi-Oh themed game taught me just how wide a field that is, so tying himself down to that franchise does nothing to tie him down in terms of roles or characters. This does not mean he is scum, it just means that that particular action does not contribute towards his being town. The only thing that really makes me pause about his play is this post here: (http://www.debate.org... (post 62)) which I noticed when re-reading DP1. In this post he suggests that I could be protecting one or more of several good players with my counter-plan. He put Cats on this list, saying that he is unsure about Cats's stature as a player. Yet in the link to the previous multiball game that he recommended as reading material here (http://www.debate.org... (post 142)), which can be found here (http://www.debate.org...), Cats's play was not nearly on par with the other people he listed. As Khaos himself played in this game, I cannot think of any reason why he would be unaware of this.

Frack/NightCats has always been inactive when I've played with him, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Drafter isn't always active but he is respected and feared, and I've seen him post only a vote in a DP and nothing more.

I don't understand your concern with my comment.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:51:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:37:27 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:18:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:10:19 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.

There is always a possibility that this is a scum role, but it seems unlikely. Moreover, his other actions have already painted him as town. As such, we can consider him role-confirmed and probably town.

Bullish, does the fact that you had Khaos confirm you mean that you think he is town? What is your read on him?

I can only imagine he does believe I am town, given what he did to me last night.
It could be a trick, but I doubt it. I am 99% sure he is town.

Hardly, if the sugar-giving was along the lines of fruit-vending. As town, you would be happy to confirm him, as it would narrow your scumhunting list. As scum, you would have had to confirm him or else you yourself would be confirmed scum when he flipped. I simply wanted to know what he thought. To me, you are still null.

Was there something more to the sugar-giving? If so, a simple yes will do. A confirmation from the both of you that it did more than just sit there being confirming would be enough.

I don't quite understand what your saying (cultural reference, perhaps).
Let's put it this way.
Bullish gave me something, as in literally gave something to me.
What he gave me indicates the following:
1. He is town, given the nature of the gift
2. He believes I am town, otherwise I don't know why he would give it to me.

However, there is the possibility this is a trojan horse of sorts, which means he is either mafia, or thinks I am and he is town.
I don't believe this to be the case, though.

Sorry for the cryptic nature, but I am not going to out what he gave me.
He can do that.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 4:53:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL Yraelz for character

Given the number of inactives, I am assuming Yraelz replaced in as mafia, as they would have top priority.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 5:06:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:48:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 3:36:23 AM, Hatstand wrote:
My reads list:


Khaos-Mage - Null (watching)

As I have said before, I do not think that Khaos's mistake regarding Blackhawk's ability merits a scumread. His willingness to flip himself works in his favour, although I don't think that his tidbit about his character being from Yu-Gi-Oh really confirms much. My own experience in his Yu-Gi-Oh themed game taught me just how wide a field that is, so tying himself down to that franchise does nothing to tie him down in terms of roles or characters. This does not mean he is scum, it just means that that particular action does not contribute towards his being town. The only thing that really makes me pause about his play is this post here: (http://www.debate.org... (post 62)) which I noticed when re-reading DP1. In this post he suggests that I could be protecting one or more of several good players with my counter-plan. He put Cats on this list, saying that he is unsure about Cats's stature as a player. Yet in the link to the previous multiball game that he recommended as reading material here (http://www.debate.org... (post 142)), which can be found here (http://www.debate.org...), Cats's play was not nearly on par with the other people he listed. As Khaos himself played in this game, I cannot think of any reason why he would be unaware of this.

Frack/NightCats has always been inactive when I've played with him, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Drafter isn't always active but he is respected and feared, and I've seen him post only a vote in a DP and nothing more.

I don't understand your concern with my comment.

In the game you provided, he took a shot with the rifle way before it was logical, and subsequently got lynched for it. My concern is backed up by the fact that when Budda started posting post-mortem in Philosophers out of frustration, Cats replied 'are you implying that you are mafia.' Budda had already flipped town. (Note that FOS'ing dead people is not something that only Cats has done, but still) (http://www.debate.org... (post 45)) These, together with his inactivity don't leave me with much faith in him. (Sorry, Cats. I only bring this up because of Khaos's statement).

(If you aren't allowed to talk about ongoing games even when what you say is in no way connected to who is scum and who isn't, or roles, or anything of real importance, please tell me and I shall not do it again. Know that I considered carefully before I included this, and would not have done so if I thought it would in any way affect the philosophers game)

I'm usually happy to do my own meta research, but if (as you say) he has been inactive for a long time, I'm not prepared to read every game he's ever played on the off chance that I'll find this change in his meta. If you can provide me with a game that proves it, or alternately if enough of the other vets confirm that he has been known for exemplary play in the past, then I shall accept your explanation.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 5:08:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:51:54 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:37:27 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:18:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:10:19 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:04:19 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:03:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/28/2013 11:16:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Khaos Mage how much sugar did you get.

What are you talking about???

HA!!
Just kidding. I got me some of that sweet sweet sugar.

I have a hard time believing Bullish is not town.

There is always a possibility that this is a scum role, but it seems unlikely. Moreover, his other actions have already painted him as town. As such, we can consider him role-confirmed and probably town.

Bullish, does the fact that you had Khaos confirm you mean that you think he is town? What is your read on him?

I can only imagine he does believe I am town, given what he did to me last night.
It could be a trick, but I doubt it. I am 99% sure he is town.

Hardly, if the sugar-giving was along the lines of fruit-vending. As town, you would be happy to confirm him, as it would narrow your scumhunting list. As scum, you would have had to confirm him or else you yourself would be confirmed scum when he flipped. I simply wanted to know what he thought. To me, you are still null.

Was there something more to the sugar-giving? If so, a simple yes will do. A confirmation from the both of you that it did more than just sit there being confirming would be enough.

I don't quite understand what your saying (cultural reference, perhaps).
Let's put it this way.
Bullish gave me something, as in literally gave something to me.
What he gave me indicates the following:
1. He is town, given the nature of the gift
2. He believes I am town, otherwise I don't know why he would give it to me.

However, there is the possibility this is a trojan horse of sorts, which means he is either mafia, or thinks I am and he is town.
I don't believe this to be the case, though.

Sorry for the cryptic nature, but I am not going to out what he gave me.
He can do that.

For anyone else who didn't know, a Fruit Vendor is a town role that can give a layer a piece of fruit every night. The fruit does nothing. I've never seen this role used on DDO, so I guess it's not surprising that it's not widely known here.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 5:08:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 4:53:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Yraelz for character

Given the number of inactives, I am assuming Yraelz replaced in as mafia, as they would have top priority.

Let me elaborate a bit more...
1. Bullish, Blackhawk, NightCats, and two dead townies (and myself) make six townies. That leaves three unaccounted for, and six mafia. Yraelz(1) was 67% likely to be mafia. However, since he replaced back in, he was likely town. So, SOP would suggest there are only two unaccounted for townies, and I believe that puts mafia in a tight spot, so TA replaced mafia first.
2. Yraelz was janitored, and it doesn't make sense for him to be a replacement. Therefore, I believe he was respawned in his killer's scumteam.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 5:14:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 5:06:09 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:48:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 3:36:23 AM, Hatstand wrote:
My reads list:


Khaos-Mage - Null (watching)

As I have said before, I do not think that Khaos's mistake regarding Blackhawk's ability merits a scumread. His willingness to flip himself works in his favour, although I don't think that his tidbit about his character being from Yu-Gi-Oh really confirms much. My own experience in his Yu-Gi-Oh themed game taught me just how wide a field that is, so tying himself down to that franchise does nothing to tie him down in terms of roles or characters. This does not mean he is scum, it just means that that particular action does not contribute towards his being town. The only thing that really makes me pause about his play is this post here: (http://www.debate.org... (post 62)) which I noticed when re-reading DP1. In this post he suggests that I could be protecting one or more of several good players with my counter-plan. He put Cats on this list, saying that he is unsure about Cats's stature as a player. Yet in the link to the previous multiball game that he recommended as reading material here (http://www.debate.org... (post 142)), which can be found here (http://www.debate.org...), Cats's play was not nearly on par with the other people he listed. As Khaos himself played in this game, I cannot think of any reason why he would be unaware of this.

Frack/NightCats has always been inactive when I've played with him, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Drafter isn't always active but he is respected and feared, and I've seen him post only a vote in a DP and nothing more.

I don't understand your concern with my comment.

In the game you provided, he took a shot with the rifle way before it was logical, and subsequently got lynched for it. My concern is backed up by the fact that when Budda started posting post-mortem in Philosophers out of frustration, Cats replied 'are you implying that you are mafia.' Budda had already flipped town. (Note that FOS'ing dead people is not something that only Cats has done, but still) (http://www.debate.org... (post 45)) These, together with his inactivity don't leave me with much faith in him. (Sorry, Cats. I only bring this up because of Khaos's statement).
True, but he shot scum.
My point is, just because he is inactive, doesn't mean he isn't a good player. If and when he provides reads, they could be golden. I don't know, which is why I included him with others I don't really know how good they are.

(If you aren't allowed to talk about ongoing games even when what you say is in no way connected to who is scum and who isn't, or roles, or anything of real importance, please tell me and I shall not do it again. Know that I considered carefully before I included this, and would not have done so if I thought it would in any way affect the philosophers game)
That game is 99% likely to be over. I was the last scum in the game, and there is unlikely to be TP. We're waiting for the mod to return to call it officially.

I'm usually happy to do my own meta research, but if (as you say) he has been inactive for a long time, I'm not prepared to read every game he's ever played on the off chance that I'll find this change in his meta. If you can provide me with a game that proves it, or alternately if enough of the other vets confirm that he has been known for exemplary play in the past, then I shall accept your explanation.

I still don't understand your issue with this.
I said he MAY be a good player and that I don't know what others think of him. Why is that an issue to assume I know better than others of his play ability?

If I was better at reading people, I'd probably be better at this game ;)
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 5:22:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 5:08:21 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/29/2013 4:53:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Yraelz for character

Given the number of inactives, I am assuming Yraelz replaced in as mafia, as they would have top priority.

Let me elaborate a bit more...
1. Bullish, Blackhawk, NightCats, and two dead townies (and myself) make six townies. That leaves three unaccounted for, and six mafia. Yraelz(1) was 67% likely to be mafia. However, since he replaced back in, he was likely town. So, SOP would suggest there are only two unaccounted for townies, and I believe that puts mafia in a tight spot, so TA replaced mafia first.
2. Yraelz was janitored, and it doesn't make sense for him to be a replacement. Therefore, I believe he was respawned in his killer's scumteam.

This makes sense. While I don't want the DP to end so easily, with no further opportunity for reading, Yralez is a good lynch candidate.