Jump to topic:

Diplomacy & War! - Game Thread

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 8:59:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Note: This thread will be used for the entire game. It will always be open. All public, game related conversations should take here. I will post daily reports that summarize actions and events happening.

As a note, no actions submitted so far have been process. The first set of actions will be processed at midnight tonight. Thus, any allusions in the opening scene are based on starting positions only.

----- START GAME -----

International Summit - 2013

Nations in Attendance:
Syria (TA)
Britain (tbk)
Empire of Antarctica (Smith)
Kingdom of Heaven (NOTC)
Australia (TN05)

Today marks the first international summit, a diplomatic conference design to foster communications between nations and brings us closer to the goal of world peace. Unfortunately, the Nation of Bullish suffered an internal revolution and its government has been dissolved (read: executed) and will not be able to partake.

Most of the nations have remained cordial with each other though the delegates from the Antarctic empire and Australia have refused to acknowledge each others presence. Whether this is related to the Australian's backroom meetings with Britain remains unknown.

The equal footing of all the nations might make stalemates more likely, and increase tensions, but they will also preclude the influence of any one nation over another, allowing for a greater degree of mutual understanding ... hopefully.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:30:00 AM
On behalf of the government from Australia, I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the people of the Nation of Bullish during these hard times. Australian-Bullish relations had been improving, and it is a severe disappointment to see them return back to square one... I would urge the new government of the Nation of Bullish to adhere to all international laws and customs.

As a side note, the Australian government is pleased to report that Antarctic-Australian relations are improving. Despite Australia's long-standing claims to much of western Antarctica, Australia intends to recognize the Empire of Antarctica for the first time; by all indications, the Empire wishes to do the same, with a shared goal of fostering a long-term alliance that will be mutually beneficial for both parties. These are encouraging developments and will bring a great deal of stability to the global environment.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:35:55 AM
I have to say, I have no sympathy for bullish.

I hope not that this tragedy gets to the heads of our fair nation of syria, for we must stay strong in troubling times.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:39:04 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:30:00 AM, TN05 wrote:
On behalf of the government from Australia, I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the people of the Nation of Bullish during these hard times. Australian-Bullish relations had been improving, and it is a severe disappointment to see them return back to square one... I would urge the new government of the Nation of Bullish to adhere to all international laws and customs.

As a side note, the Australian government is pleased to report that Antarctic-Australian relations are improving. Despite Australia's long-standing claims to much of western Antarctica, Australia intends to recognize the Empire of Antarctica for the first time; by all indications, the Empire wishes to do the same, with a shared goal of fostering a long-term alliance that will be mutually beneficial for both parties. These are encouraging developments and will bring a great deal of stability to the global environment.

At 10/4/2013 9:28:15 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Heaven shall sh!t fury all on you Downers
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:44:34 AM
@TN05

Do you wish peaceful relations?

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:46:09 AM
On Second thought

"hmm, the AAA? (Antarctic-Australian Alliance) That way we would make our agenda clear that we want to assimilate every continent and obliterate Europe."

Congrats TN05. You have eliminated any chance for peace with this agreement.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:56:05 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:46:09 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
On Second thought

"hmm, the AAA? (Antarctic-Australian Alliance) That way we would make our agenda clear that we want to assimilate every continent and obliterate Europe."

I plead the fifth.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:58:39 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:39:04 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Australia is fully prepared to stop any invasions. Attack at your own risk.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:09:41 AM
After tensions have risen throughout the world the leaders of Great Britain have tried to turn to someone who has been trustworthy in the past. After a talk with Syria we turned to Australia. We wish to stay neutral in almost any conflict approaching. Bad relations with Bullish turned to be redundant after his own country destroyed itself. We feel no sympathy for Bullish's fall.

We have improved relations with many countries but we did express our displeasure with NOTC's empire. His aggressive nature has lead Great Britain to go on the defense. Any attacks from NOTC will be dealt with accordingly.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:17:02 AM
At 10/4/2013 10:09:41 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
After tensions have risen throughout the world the leaders of Great Britain have tried to turn to someone who has been trustworthy in the past. After a talk with Syria we turned to Australia. We wish to stay neutral in almost any conflict approaching. Bad relations with Bullish turned to be redundant after his own country destroyed itself. We feel no sympathy for Bullish's fall.

We have improved relations with many countries but we did express our displeasure with NOTC's empire. His aggressive nature has lead Great Britain to go on the defense. Any attacks from NOTC will be dealt with accordingly.

The representative from Australia would like to reassure the representative from Britain that Australia intends to maintain our excellent relations with Britain.

As to the threat of the Kingdom of Heaven, it appears that their dictator NoTC's aggressive posturing in this summit is gaining no favours from anyone. The global community must stand united against this threat, and Australia plans to prepare to defend ourselves accordingly.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:18:58 AM

(I backed out of the game, so you can't "help" my nation or take my resources. )

The deposed leader salutes you.
0x5f3759df
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:38:40 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:56:05 AM, TN05 wrote:
On Second thought

I plead the fifth.

Do you stand by these words? I do not wish to go to combat if there is a peaceful solution, but these words do not bode well.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:39:44 AM
I just realized - I haven't made one private message about this game (Except to Drafterman, but that doesn't count :) )

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 10:44:12 AM
At 10/4/2013 10:38:40 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 10/4/2013 9:56:05 AM, TN05 wrote:
On Second thought

I plead the fifth.

Do you stand by these words? I do not wish to go to combat if there is a peaceful solution, but these words do not bode well.

Those weren't my words, those were of the Empire of Antarctica.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 11:05:29 AM
At 10/3/2013 10:39:57 PM, TN05 wrote:

At 10/3/2013 9:48:34 PM, Smithereens wrote:
hmm, the AAA? (Antarctic-Australian Alliance) That way we would make our agenda :clear that we want to assimilate every continent and obliterate Europe.

Sounds good to me. Long live AAA!

Drafterman, can players create their own PMs to discuss game-related matters : privately, and if so should we list you in the PM so you can see it?

You appear to have agreed here.

Do you stand by this?

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 11:07:44 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:58:39 AM, TN05 wrote:

You dare to feel the wraith of the felines? Foolish endeavor , boy.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 12:49:50 PM
At 10/4/2013 11:05:29 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 10/3/2013 10:39:57 PM, TN05 wrote:

At 10/3/2013 9:48:34 PM, Smithereens wrote:
hmm, the AAA? (Antarctic-Australian Alliance) That way we would make our agenda :clear that we want to assimilate every continent and obliterate Europe.

Sounds good to me. Long live AAA!

Drafterman, can players create their own PMs to discuss game-related matters : privately, and if so should we list you in the PM so you can see it?

You appear to have agreed here.

Do you stand by this?

I stand by forming the alliance and the name... that said, Australia is not required to agree with 100% of what any alliance partners say. Such matters are to be discussed privately.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 12:51:38 PM
At 10/4/2013 11:07:44 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 10/4/2013 9:58:39 AM, TN05 wrote:

You dare to feel the wraith of the felines? Foolish endeavor , boy.

You are the fool. Australia will not fall to an army of kittens.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 2:33:41 PM
Australia will not fall to an army of kittens!

BURRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!!!
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 7:09:49 PM
Britain and Australia are getting along? Gooood, I will therefore improve Antarctica's relations with Britain, and hope they will reciprocate.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:53:48 AM
Its question time NotLC!
What are your stances with everyone else, and why do you believe you would make a suitable dictator of the world?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 9:21:50 AM
International Summit - 2013 - Month 2

Nations in Attendance:
Syria (TA)
Britain (tbk)
Empire of Antarctica (Smith)
Kingdom of Heaven (NOTC)
Australia (TN05)

The previous month's round of negotiations were interesting, even heated. Several nations actively worked to improve their relationships (the noted feud between Antarctica and Australia abating a bit) and other relationships soured. In a striking coincidence, it seems that, for each improvement in a relationship, there was a corresponding drop. The overall affect seems to have been a polarizing affect, pushing relationships to their extremes. Of not is the Kingdom of Heaven, which has had its diplomatic doors shut on a number of nations.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 9:31:18 AM
The Commonwealth of Australia has ended its official recognition of the Kingdom of Heaven due to the belligerent actions made by King NoTC. The Commonwealth of Australia urges the Kingdom of Heaven to end its belligerence, or face the consequences from the international community.

We are also pleased to announce that we have established our first embassy in the Empire of Antarctica, and the Empire has done the same in Australia. Gifts have been exchanged for the first time between PM TN05 and Emperor Smith, and our two countries have enacted a number of treaties to ensure co-operation between our countries and people.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 4:09:32 PM
At 10/4/2013 7:09:49 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Britain and Australia are getting along? Gooood, I will therefore improve Antarctica's relations with Britain, and hope they will reciprocate.

We accept your efforts for good will.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 4:11:25 PM
Drafterman, something has been bugging me in this game from the beginning. HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY MESS THIS UP?!?! I was so soured by this that I almost left the game. I suppressed my feeling but now I MUST bring this to your attention.

Its TDK not TBK...

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 4:11:51 PM
At 10/5/2013 9:31:18 AM, TN05 wrote:
The Commonwealth of Australia has ended its official recognition of the Kingdom of Heaven due to the belligerent actions made by King NoTC. The Commonwealth of Australia urges the Kingdom of Heaven to end its belligerence, or face the consequences from the international community.

NOTC hasn't attacked anyone

called warlike

#seemslegit.

Also, International Community? Seriously, besides you, who cares?

We are also pleased to announce that we have established our first embassy in the Empire of Antarctica, and the Empire has done the same in Australia. Gifts have been exchanged for the first time between PM TN05 and Emperor Smith, and our two countries have enacted a number of treaties to ensure co-operation between our countries and people.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!