Multiball Mafia DP3

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 10:14:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In the Night...

He was walking around, blowing up cars, shooting moving objects, and in general being a pain, Which was the usual for him. When he though something went behind him. He turned around, he saw nothing.

He should have never looked back.

As soon as he tried to, he was knocked off of his feet by a blast of wind, water droplets trailing whoever did that. He looked below him.

There was a Red X on the ground. He tries to look up, and sees someone pin him back down. He's struggling to get up, the man pulls out a knife, and with death nearly reaching his throat he begins to hear a faint noise "Beep beep beep beep beep beep"

It gets louder, and when it does, the man in blue atop him runs off. He gets up, and sees the blue man Quickly pull out a pistol and headshot a man pulling out a grenade swirling in blue light, seeming far beyond his own. As The man with the grenade goes down, he pushes a older man out of the way, sparing him from the line-of-side of nere-do-wells.

The Beeping is louder, and we hear a person now not very far off yell "Get Back! The bomb has been planted! 2 figures are seen running from the site, hands above their heads."

A man in red faces off against the man in blue. A battle for the ages. The man in red fires 3 shots from a rile, dodged deftly by the man in blue. The blue man throws a grenade, and the red man is sent flying back. However, by this time the beeping Is at a deafining volume.

A flash of void, and a figure is on top of him. They wrestle, blows are exchanged, but a pulse of light engulfs him, and he sprints toward the scene, trying to watch everything. The man in void leaps off, and deflects a projectile from his natural enemy. They fight, but orange and black come out on top for black.

He looks to his left. A Device opens up, and a column of beaming light ensnares a man and his medkit. All alone, in the fray.

A shot is heard from the direction of the device, but in the fray, it missed the people, who have since hid undercover.

Then, it happens. The man in blue cuts the wrong wire.

A deafining roar is heard, white engulfs all, and then silence, which is only broken by one sound: A voice saying:

"Terrorists Win"

Deaths:

Shadowguynick - You are Commander Shepard, The Protagonist for all 3 games of the current Mass Effect Series. You have survived being shot multiple times, a Gaint laser to the Face, Indoctrination enough to make any other person go insane, The Insanely Frustrating ending of the 3rd game, and many other experiences. Thus, you can Choose one of the 3 endings.

A: Destroy: This will allow you to fuel your rage into a destructive force, giving you a kill each night.
B: Synthesis, This will allow you to target one person: Their DNA is altered with That of Synthetic DNA, allowing them to endure the next attack on their life, if they would not otherwise. This ability lasts until they need it, including during the day.
C: Control: You can select one person, and Make anything targeting them fall under your influence, thus making you the Redirector.
You win with the town.

You can also choose the refuse ending, but I wouldn"t recommend it. Choosing the refuse ending will Tree-stump you instantly.

Drafterman - You Are Junk Archer, A Syncro Monster in a popular archtype purported by the main character in the series. Each Day you can select one person and Remove them from play. They Cannot be killed, But Are silenced. In addition, any player that tries to get around the silence by posting (unvote) and (vote) Will be Swiftly mod-killed, ensuring the silence is successful. You win with the mafia.

Noumena - 8. Counter-Terrorist. You thought that you were going to be town didn"t you? You gloriously sacrifice yourself, and all you get is to be an enemy. Wonderful. Each night you can protect 2 bomb sites/ people: They cannot die for that night. You cannot protect the same bomb site/person once. In addition, you can select one person each night. If it is the terrorist, they will die regardless of protection, and as a result, you will Be Immune to Dying in the Day. In addition, one time only, you can check the scoreboard. If any of your Mafioso"s would kill the terrorist, it will fail instead, and you will be notified who it was. You win with The Counter-Mafia.

Day Phase 3 Will begin with the following players:

1. Blackhawk
2. Khaos- Mage
3. TN05
4. Sparkies
5. Johnnyboy
6. Hatstand
7. NightCat
8. Bullish

With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Go Go go!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 11:13:57 PM
Wow, the story got really confusing. I was able to wrap my head around some of the action but OMG was it awesome.

Plus: TWO MAFIA ARE DEAD. F&CK YEA.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 11:21:19 PM
Welcome to Neverland Yrazel cause I have no f*c***g idea.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 12:38:31 AM
Wait a sec... WTF WHERE AM I!!!

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 1:45:33 AM
Correction: Forgot to factor in replacements. PLayer list would be

1. Blackhawk
2. Khaos- Mage
3. TN05
4. Sparkies
5. Johnnyboy (Yraelz)
6. Hatstand
7. NightCat (TheDebateKid)
8. Bullish

With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 5:54:08 AM
Well, that's an interesting result. 1 member from each faction is dead, so nothing has really changed. We should have a 4-4 split of town and mafias right now, which goes back to what I have said all of this game - if both mafias survive to the end, town has a major advantage With both sides at even numbers, town can basically just sit back and watch the mafias kill each other and then pick off the surviving mafia.

Now, I'm not sure who killed Drafterman (mafia or town vig), but I thank you immensely for that. With the silencer dead a crucial gambit (claiming silenced) is virtually useless, and we also confirm it is possible Blackhawk was silenced DP1.

The more concerning death is of Noumena... Not that it's bad a mafia died (it isn't), but the existence of a 'counter-terrorist' who can 'protect' two people a night highly implies that whatever the 'terrorist' is, he is an arsonist, which means we could see half the players wiped out tomorrow.

All that aside, I want to know something from Blackhawk - did you use the ring last night? This is vital because we need to be able to anticipate upcoming NP results, and having a lightning rod in play could vastly change who we lynch today. If you did not use it, I recommend you use it tonight to protect yourself - if you are telling the truth, you are one of three basically-confirmed townies (along with TDK and NoTC).
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:59:26 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:34:53 AM, Bullish wrote:
Talk to me blackhawk.

What the heck are you talking about? Blackhawk can't PM you unless you are mafia.

VTL Bullish for explanation
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:56:51 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:59:26 AM, TN05 wrote:
Talk to me blackhawk.

What the heck are you talking about? Blackhawk can't PM you unless you are mafia.

I want him to say something to me in this thread. He should know what to say.

Is it possible that thedebatekid and Yraelz are Neighbors and not Masons?
0x5f3759df
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 11:00:04 AM
At 10/6/2013 10:56:51 AM, Bullish wrote:
Talk to me blackhawk.

I want him to say something to me in this thread. He should know what to say.

Is it possible that thedebatekid and Yraelz are Neighbors and not Masons?

Unvote

Yes, it could be but I think if either one of them is mafia they would both be mafia... They apparently have role and/or affiliation confirmation in their joint PM.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 1:21:43 PM
Well, that sucked...but let's try again ;)

VTL Hatstand

Going back to my FOS on her DP1 because of her not wanting to "pardon" good players, and we now know that Drafter was scum, it could very well have been her protecting him. I said then her play and logic seemed off.

Compound this with last DP, when she explicitly said that I could be wrong about Yraelz's role, thus the counter claim. She said:

I've looked at this link, and while the word 'cuddling' does get mentioned, the word in the OP was capitalised. Furthermore, the way it's phrased makes it sound like 'Cuddles' did the kill. If 'Cuddles' really was a reference to Heavy, it would insinuate that there was a Team Fortress character in the town and in the mafia. That doesn't make that much sense to me, and completely undermines your condemnation of Jon. I think it more likely that 'Cuddles' is a reference to a non-Team Fortress killer.

So, she says there could be two from the same game, yet votes anyway.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 2:09:45 PM
Two scum down, four to go.

At 10/6/2013 1:21:43 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Well, that sucked...but let's try again ;)

VTL Hatstand

Going back to my FOS on her DP1 because of her not wanting to "pardon" good players, and we now know that Drafter was scum, it could very well have been her protecting him. I said then her play and logic seemed off.

My intentions were only ever to get the best flip possible. I still believe my logic was sound. Yes, flipping scum would have been the best result, but I still say knowing an inactive was better assuming that we have no scumreads and everyone has an equal chance of flipping scum. Considering that there was quite a bit of logic in there, if you can pinpoint what you thought was scummy I would be happy to explain it for you again.

Shall I assume that you mean the 'we shouldn't flip a good player' part? Quite simply, if a good player were flipped town, they would probably die immediately (assuming doctor protection either was not there or was not absolute). If they were not flipped and were scum anyway, 1) they would still be active, so we should have a chance of catching them 2) they would likely be killed early on. This is not true in a normal game of mafia, but I imagine it would be true in a multiball game. I have noticed a trend for good players dying early on (see philosophers (well, I got killed because I was too obviously town, but I'm pretty sure that the other kills were meant to cripple the town by killing its best players.)) and unless the mafia teams had some information that we didn't, chances are that they would not always have a positive other-scum read to go off, and so may simply try to remove a dangerous player.

I do apologise for inadvertently averting a scum flip, but I did not know that he was scum and neither did most other people here. The people on the drafter lynch were trying to get the best flip and so was I.

Compound this with last DP, when she explicitly said that I could be wrong about Yraelz's role, thus the counter claim. She said:

I've looked at this link, and while the word 'cuddling' does get mentioned, the word in the OP was capitalised. Furthermore, the way it's phrased makes it sound like 'Cuddles' did the kill. If 'Cuddles' really was a reference to Heavy, it would insinuate that there was a Team Fortress character in the town and in the mafia. That doesn't make that much sense to me, and completely undermines your condemnation of Jon. I think it more likely that 'Cuddles' is a reference to a non-Team Fortress killer.

So, she says there could be two from the same game, yet votes anyway.

No... What I said was that I thought that 'Cuddles' was not a reference to Team Fortress 2 because the connection was weak and it was unlikely that there were two characters from the same game. There was no doubt in my mind that Yralez(1) was from Team Fortress 2 and that JonMilne was therefore lying, and on the assumption that there wouldn't be two characters from the same game I pulled out one of your conclusions (that 'cuddles' was a reference to TF2) and corrected it.

Are you trying to misrepresent me, Khaos?
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 2:16:18 PM
Talk to me blackhawk.

Getting trigger happy, are we? I would have thought that it was clear that Bullish meant for Blackhawk to speak in the thread.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 2:43:13 PM
At 10/6/2013 2:16:18 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Talk to me blackhawk.

Getting trigger happy, are we? I would have thought that it was clear that Bullish meant for Blackhawk to speak in the thread.

I unvoted as soon as I got an explanation. There is a big difference between pressure votes and death votes.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 2:46:11 PM
At 10/6/2013 2:43:13 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 10/6/2013 2:16:18 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Talk to me blackhawk.

I unvoted as soon as I got an explanation. There is a big difference between pressure votes and death votes.

True, but I did not think that Bullish's actions warranted even a pressure vote, and that much was obvious. Trying to paint someone as scummy when they're not is scummy, in my opinion.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:31:30 PM
My point, Hatstand, is that you seemed to think he was lying while my case could go either way with my assumption of Yraelz being the scout. Why did you choose that I was right and Jon was lying, over the much more likely scenario that I was wrong and Jon could have been telling the truth?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:32:59 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:10:12 PM, Yraelz wrote:
I'm still down for a TNO5 lynch. -_- Obvious mafia is obvious.

What is your case against him, again? Please tell me you have something other than the pardon issue...

I would think that Hatstand's logic that cast away Drafter's pardon is much more worthy of scrutiny.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:37:06 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:31:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
My point, Hatstand, is that you seemed to think he was lying while my case could go either way with my assumption of Yraelz being the scout. Why did you choose that I was right and Jon was lying, over the much more likely scenario that I was wrong and Jon could have been telling the truth?

I never thought that there was doubt about Yralez (1) being the scout. I thought you hand found enough evidence for that with the running and the can. I viewed the case around 'Cuddles' as a separate assumption which suggested that the killer was also from TF2. I thought this was unlikely, so I pointed that out.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:43:15 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:32:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What is your case against him, again? Please tell me you have something other than the pardon issue...

I would think that Hatstand's logic that cast away Drafter's pardon is much more worthy of scrutiny.

Well, for one thing we asked him for a character claim and he didn't provide one. He simply used the momentum from Jon's lynch to hide the fact that he never gave us one. Considering how flexible most of the roles seem to be, it seems unlikely that just unveiling his character would be enough for the mafia to figure out his role. On top of that, there was his knee-jerk OMGUS, which I might have overlooked if it weren't for the fact that his defence seemed rather contrived ("I forgot we were scum together in the last game" indeed).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:44:24 PM
Reluctantly...
Unvote

In fact, I don't trust Blackhawk.
1. Role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation
2. His role is too convienent. It is basically bulletproof, which is a common mafia fake-claim.
3. With Drafter being silencer, if Blackhawk is on his team, he could say he was always being silenced with Drafter never using his ability. A post-mortem buddying (right term?).
4. Does anyone have any DP actions? Blackhawk being lightning rod for one ability seems a pointless and pathetic ability.

VTL Blackhawk
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:45:56 PM

Who else do you think is scum?

Which scum team do you think TN05 is on?
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:47:52 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:44:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Reluctantly...
Unvote

2. His role is too convienent. It is basically bulletproof, which is a common mafia fake-claim.
3. With Drafter being silencer, if Blackhawk is on his team, he could say he was always being silenced with Drafter never using his ability. A post-mortem buddying (right term?).
4. Does anyone have any DP actions? Blackhawk being lightning rod for one ability seems a pointless and pathetic ability.

VTL Blackhawk

I have no day actions.

If you think Blackhawk is scum, what do you think of his governing ability?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:50:48 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:47:52 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Reluctantly...
Unvote

VTL Blackhawk

I have no day actions.

I'm not sure.
It could be legit.
Why wouldn't scum have the ability to out another scum?
This also explains why Drafter FOS'd me for voting Blackhawk.
Furthermore, isn't a governer only activate when a lynch has been received?

I think Blackhawk had the ability to do this period. And now he has a governor ability left.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:57:12 PM
At 10/6/2013 3:50:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/6/2013 3:47:52 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Reluctantly...
Unvote

VTL Blackhawk

I have no day actions.

I'm not sure.
It could be legit.
Why wouldn't scum have the ability to out another scum?
This also explains why Drafter FOS'd me for voting Blackhawk.
Furthermore, isn't a governer only activate when a lynch has been received?

I think Blackhawk had the ability to do this period. And now he has a governor ability left.

... I hadn't even considered that. That could be very dangerous.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:04:28 PM
Blackhawk and Bullish seem to have town oriented roles.
NOTC/TDK and Yraelz appear to be town. ("mod confirmed" and player confirmed team)

By my count, this makes me and all other players scum!!
Someone is lying.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:18:40 PM
At 10/6/2013 4:04:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
NOTC/TDK and Yraelz appear to be town. ("mod confirmed" and player confirmed team)

Someone is lying.

Blackhawk is probably mafia. Considering him and Drafter pushed for the earlier game Drafter confirm. They probably have some sort of lawyer.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:21:37 PM
At 10/6/2013 4:18:40 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 10/6/2013 4:04:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Someone is lying.

Blackhawk is probably mafia. Considering him and Drafter pushed for the earlier game Drafter confirm. They probably have some sort of lawyer.

Am I right about the pardon occurs after the lynch is voted upon? Isn't it odd that the pardon and flip occurred before the lynch was even close (L-3, I think)?

Vote on him please.
His flip will help us tremendously in finding his scummate.