Jump to topic:

Last Man Standing Game Idea (Revived)

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:31:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey everyone, this is a game idea me and TA came up with a long time ago. It was never put into play because of complications at the time. Now on the other hand, we may be able to start. This is just beta test and some rules may not apply. Sign up if you wish. Here is the original post:

Welcome to a new game created by myself (TDK), With help from TA. I thought of this game one night when I was bored. The game is a mix between Fate, World War, and the idea of Hunger Games. After talking with TA we have come up with a guide on how to play. There are secret achievements that can be made to receive special packages. The things in these packages can be used in the game. Here is you senario.

You are in an arena, fighting to the death with the others who sign up for this challenge. You start with Supplies, your wits, and the ability to make 2 actions from 6 options a turn.

Make allies, make enemies, fight to the death, and more in this exciting game.

Rounds:
1. Round one is in the training room before the fights begin. During this time you may chat in the forum and make alliances. All official alliances get there own (monitored) PM to talk with in the game.

2. All fighters are let in the arena and the game begins.

When there are 5 players remaining the dead are raised to delete 2 players, neither of which will become undead.

The three players left will have their items reset to starting items to finish each other off.

Game ends when only one player remains.

You Start out With:

1 Sword that Deals 1 Heart of Damage (sword breaks after 10 uses afterwards you use your fist which deals 1/2 a heart) this sword has a 10% chance of knockout and 25% chance of bleeding and 5% chance of instant death also 10% chance of the enemy escaping

2 bandages (heals 1 heart of damage each) bandages stop bleeding.

4 Pieces of Bread (Heal 1/2 heart, doesn"t stop bleeding.)

You have 6 options and 2 moves a turn.

Options:
1 Attack
2 Heal yourself (use food or bandage)
3 Heal someone else (use bandage)
4 Hide (can be the only action used in a round) (can not be used 2 turns in a row) (15% chance of attackers finding you)
5 Search for Items (you look around the arena and have a 75% chance of finding something interesting, who knows you may need it) (while using this choice you become "distracted", enemies have +10% chance to cause bleeding if they attack) (Items found are randomized, with a large chance of finding food/bandages.)
6 Talk to someone (get a brief private PM with someone not in your alliance)

Attacks hit people unless the enemy gets away or they hide that round.

After Each Round:

A dramatic representation will be presented about each player's actions. This informs alliances of backstabbing and enemies of attacks. Every action has its rewards and consequences.

At the end of each round you may be:

Bleeding- You were attacked last round and are now bleeding. You will take half a heart of damage every round unless you stop the bleeding with a bandage.
Bleeding Out- You are down to no health. If no one saves you in the next round you will die. If you are both healed and attacked while bleeding out then both actions will cancel. You will continue to bleed out next round. (If you are attacked twice and healed once you will die) (no actions may be used if you are bleeding out)
Hiding- You are hiding, and as such were not attacked that round. You will not be able to hide next round. Choose your two actions wisely.
Knocked Out- You were hit over the head last round and passed out for a couple of minutes. You may only use 1 ability the next round, and will recover at the end of the next round.
Alive - You are alive! You may use your 2 actions before the next round starts.
Dead- You may no longer participate in the game.

Objective: It is as the name implies. Become the last man standing. Kill all who stand in your way.

TIPS and THINGS TO KNOW:
Always specify what weapon you are using, otherwise we suspect you are using your fist.

Theres a good chance ,when you're looking for items, that the item will benefit your situation.

Choose carefully who you attempt to kill. Towards the end they are risen up to "thin out the herd" and may target you. (all undead actions will be presented to you upon uprising)

Every action has its rewards and consequences.

The dramatic representations will not show your items used, just your actions in general.

Do not talk about the game outside of the game. It will result in disqualification.

If you do not respond then you are not replaced. You just die in the game.

Feel free to name your characters as you please. Make the game more fantasy like.

Sign Ups Begin Now, The First Trial Run game will be co-hosted by Myself and TA. Please make sure we can send PMs to you. (We don't have a fighter limit. We estimate 8 or more may be sufficient.) Feel free to give us any advice or suggestions you might have.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:35:01 AM
At 10/8/2013 9:31:43 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
Hey everyone, this is a game idea me and TA came up with a long time ago. It was never put into play because of complications at the time. Now on the other hand, we may be able to start. This is just beta test and some rules may not apply. Sign up if you wish. Here is the original post:

Welcome to a new game created by myself (TDK), With help from TA. I thought of this game one night when I was bored. The game is a mix between Fate, World War, and the idea of Hunger Games. After talking with TA we have come up with a guide on how to play. There are secret achievements that can be made to receive special packages. The things in these packages can be used in the game. Here is you senario.

You are in an arena, fighting to the death with the others who sign up for this challenge. You start with Supplies, your wits, and the ability to make 2 actions from 6 options a turn.

Make allies, make enemies, fight to the death, and more in this exciting game.

Rounds:
1. Round one is in the training room before the fights begin. During this time you may chat in the forum and make alliances. All official alliances get there own (monitored) PM to talk with in the game.

2. All fighters are let in the arena and the game begins.

When there are 5 players remaining the dead are raised to delete 2 players, neither of which will become undead.

The three players left will have their items reset to starting items to finish each other off.

Game ends when only one player remains.

You Start out With:

1 Sword that Deals 1 Heart of Damage (sword breaks after 10 uses afterwards you use your fist which deals 1/2 a heart) this sword has a 10% chance of knockout and 25% chance of bleeding and 5% chance of instant death also 10% chance of the enemy escaping

2 bandages (heals 1 heart of damage each) bandages stop bleeding.

4 Pieces of Bread (Heal 1/2 heart, doesn"t stop bleeding.)

You have 6 options and 2 moves a turn.

Options:
1 Attack
2 Heal yourself (use food or bandage)
3 Heal someone else (use bandage)
4 Hide (can be the only action used in a round) (can not be used 2 turns in a row) (15% chance of attackers finding you)
5 Search for Items (you look around the arena and have a 75% chance of finding something interesting, who knows you may need it) (while using this choice you become "distracted", enemies have +10% chance to cause bleeding if they attack) (Items found are randomized, with a large chance of finding food/bandages.)
6 Talk to someone (get a brief private PM with someone not in your alliance)

Attacks hit people unless the enemy gets away or they hide that round.

After Each Round:

A dramatic representation will be presented about each player's actions. This informs alliances of backstabbing and enemies of attacks. Every action has its rewards and consequences.

At the end of each round you may be:

Bleeding- You were attacked last round and are now bleeding. You will take half a heart of damage every round unless you stop the bleeding with a bandage.
Bleeding Out- You are down to no health. If no one saves you in the next round you will die. If you are both healed and attacked while bleeding out then both actions will cancel. You will continue to bleed out next round. (If you are attacked twice and healed once you will die) (no actions may be used if you are bleeding out)
Hiding- You are hiding, and as such were not attacked that round. You will not be able to hide next round. Choose your two actions wisely.
Knocked Out- You were hit over the head last round and passed out for a couple of minutes. You may only use 1 ability the next round, and will recover at the end of the next round.
Alive - You are alive! You may use your 2 actions before the next round starts.
Dead- You may no longer participate in the game.

Objective: It is as the name implies. Become the last man standing. Kill all who stand in your way.

TIPS and THINGS TO KNOW:
Always specify what weapon you are using, otherwise we suspect you are using your fist.

Theres a good chance ,when you're looking for items, that the item will benefit your situation.

Choose carefully who you attempt to kill. Towards the end they are risen up to "thin out the herd" and may target you. (all undead actions will be presented to you upon uprising)

Every action has its rewards and consequences.

The dramatic representations will not show your items used, just your actions in general.

Do not talk about the game outside of the game. It will result in disqualification.

If you do not respond then you are not replaced. You just die in the game.

Feel free to name your characters as you please. Make the game more fantasy like.

Sign Ups Begin Now, The First Trial Run game will be co-hosted by Myself and TA. Please make sure we can send PMs to you. (We don't have a fighter limit. We estimate 8 or more may be sufficient.) Feel free to give us any advice or suggestions you might have.

1. Cats
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:36:05 AM
Ummm???
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:36:28 AM
That was quick. How did you read it all.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:40:15 AM
TA do you still want to co-host or not?

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:42:15 AM
At 10/8/2013 9:40:15 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
TA do you still want to co-host or not?

Yessir.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:48:29 AM
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats

- Looking for Criticism
LOLZZ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 9:49:30 AM
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats
2. LOLZZ
by your sincerely honest kool komunist dude
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:36:39 PM
Come on, anyone?

- Looking for Criticism
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 6:07:32 PM
Hey your back!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 6:07:50 PM
Since your back I'll support you and join this game.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 6:52:15 PM
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats
2. LOLZZ
3. Yrazel
4. Lannan

Awesome guys, nice to see a good starter. We need two-three more players to start but we can handle 10.

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 7:51:25 PM
At 10/9/2013 6:52:15 PM, thedebatekid wrote:
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats
2. LOLZZ
3. Yrazel
4. Lannan

Awesome guys, nice to see a good starter. We need two-three more players to start but we can handle 10.

IF you need, I'll let you mod the whole game and play.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 8:08:43 PM
Ill give it till Friday for sign ups, then will start the game.

- Looking for Criticism
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 5:55:54 PM
At 10/9/2013 6:52:15 PM, thedebatekid wrote:
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats
2. LOLZZ
3. Yrazel
4. Lannan
5. Cybertron

okiedoke
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 6:06:41 PM
The game will start Friday around 5 pm DDO Time, unless someone else signs up then TA will join the game as a player. Thank you Cyber for making sure this gets underway.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 7:09:37 AM
Its official. Game PM's will go out at 5.

A COUPLE OF CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE RULES OF THE GAME!

1) We will not have a period to make alliances at the beginning of the game. You will immediately be put into the arena.
2) The action to talk to someone is no longer an action.
3) Speaking in the game via separate PM's in unrestricted. Feel to make alliances as you please.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ALLIANCES BEFORE THE GAME, USE THIS TIME TO DO SO!

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 8:15:15 AM
NEW GAME ELEMENT:

The max health you can gain is 12 points of life.

You spawn into the field with only 10 points of life. Maybe your nerves are getting to you?

You gain back two points of life after the first phase of the game.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 9:10:42 AM
NEW GAME ELEMENT ADDED:

Would you like a special perk for the game? Send me a PM! State your personality or strategy. You may get a special attribute to help you in your fight to survive.

- Looking for Criticism
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 11:33:25 AM
I'll try.
Is this a "quick action" type game, or how long is each round?
I am not usually on when others are, so me being a player might not work.
My work here is, finally, done.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 12:18:25 PM
At 10/11/2013 11:33:25 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I'll try.
Is this a "quick action" type game, or how long is each round?

Until all actions are submitted, next round does not start.
I am not usually on when others are, so me being a player might not work.

It will.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 12:51:28 PM
At 10/10/2013 6:06:41 PM, thedebatekid wrote:
The game will start Friday around 5 pm DDO Time, unless someone else signs up then TA will join the game as a player. Thank you Cyber for making sure this gets underway.

Wait this Friday!

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 12:58:44 PM
Correct, it is an easy game and will not largely effect your weekend. Most of the calculation is on my part.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 1:26:35 PM
LMS Sign Ups:

1. Cats
2. LOLZZ
3. Yrazel
4. Lannan
5. Cybertron
6. Khaos
7. TheAntidoter

- Looking for Criticism
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 3:38:35 PM
At 10/10/2013 6:06:41 PM, thedebatekid wrote:

no problem dude
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.