10/28/2013 7:17:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Died Last Night:
Buddamoose
Character: Inquisitor
Color: White
Affiliation: Town

Level 1 Ability - Line-up
W: Three players will be selected at random. You will learn whether or not they are all affiliated with the Town.

Level 2 Ability - Interrogate
1W: Select another player. You will learn whether or not they are affiliated with the Town.

TheAntidoter
Character: Bioplague
Color: Green, Black
Affiliation: Mafia

Level 1 Ability - Malignant Tumor
G: For each player that was voting you at the end of the previous day phase, you gain that many Growth Counters.

Level 2 Ability - Mestasize
GB, Remove X Growth Counters: During the next day phase, your vote has the weight of X and you take X votes less to lynch. If you require 0 or less votes to lynch, you die automatically.

Lynched Last Phase:
No One

Previously Dead:
Noumena - Cleric - Town

Living Players
1. Jon
2. Khaos
3. Maikuru
4. Sparkies
5. Hatstand
6. Zaradi
7. TN05
8. FT/Yraelz

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
This phase will end no lather than 7:00 AM on 10/30 DDO time.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 7:26:16 AM
Well, IMO I believe FT's claim. Or is he scum and theres another vig out there? Just putting ideas out, I think he's town, but we never know, like how TA was town read by most people. ( from what I gathered).
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 7:43:20 AM
VTL EVERYONE WHO IS ALIVE AND WHOEVER KILLED ME IM RAGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

nac.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 7:54:45 AM
At 10/28/2013 7:17:39 AM, drafterman wrote:

Buddamoose
Character: Inquisitor

TheAntidoter
Character: Bioplague
Color: Green, Black
Affiliation: Mafia

Noumena
Character: Cleric

See I called it, The way that differentiates between us townies and the mafia is colours!
Even though that TA isn;t a proper 'person/character' It could refer to it as a sentient being(like tyranids in Warhammer 40k).

Guys whats, your through on Jon, I feel that he is town, but I would like others opinion.
At 10/24/2013 4:19:03 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At least one of Jon/TA/TN05 are mafia, according to my results from last night.

Jon is obvs town to me

TA was a town-read of mine

TN05 was, well... null

Safe bet to say both TA and TN05 should claim in full due to this as my behavioral read on TA could possibly be wrong(though I doubt that, and this DP has given me no more reason to doubt it than the stock caution that comes with all reads.)

Now that this is confirmed, Do you think that Ta was the only mafia, on that list or was there more? The probability is low, but its possible.

At 10/26/2013 11:44:28 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Sorry Drafter, but.i just have to say this:

You all fail

Good day

XD hahahahahahahahaha, Found it extremely amusing that he died. XD
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:18:43 AM
At 10/28/2013 7:43:20 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
VTL EVERYONE WHO IS ALIVE AND WHOEVER KILLED ME IM RAGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

nac.

You made urself obvs mafia with your last few post, rage at yourself.

Good day
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 9:51:30 AM
At 10/28/2013 7:33:18 AM, Sparkies wrote:
Oh, TN05 does that mean that you can take over budda's role now?

Yes. His death and TA's is a really big trade-off, but if someone can protect me the next few nights, I will be able to take over his role and use it to finish off the mafia.. I've already taken over the 'circle of protection' role (Level 2) for Noumena so I have that as well.

I believe FT/Yrealz is vig now. Targeting a claimed multiple-voter is an excellent idea and kudos to him (or the real vig) for that. I'm also taking FOS off of Sparkies since the multicolored thing is seeming to be true right now. Since I am town that leaves five people left that could be mafia: Jon, Khaos, Maikuru, Hatstand, and Zaradi.

Depending on how many mafia there are we could possibly afford a mislynch to get rid of Jon, but I don't want to commit to that yet because he hasn't been very suspicious.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 11:44:12 AM
Dead
Noumena - Cleric (W)
Buddamoose - Inquisitor (W)
TA - Bioplague (B/G)

Role/Color Claims
Maikuru - Spirit of the Forest (G)
Jon - Elf Sentinel (G)
Zaradi - Vampire (B)
TN05 - Shapeshifter (U)

Color Claims
FT/Yraelz - (R)
Sparkies - (W)

No Claim
Khaos_mage
Hatstand

If this is inaccurate I apologize - this should be an up-to-date list of all claims. If I listed your claim wrong, please correct me. As a reminder:
W - White
R - Red
B - Black
G - Green
U - Blue
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 12:44:34 PM
Sorry, FT and Budda... I was wrong about you.

FT is almost guaranteed to be town, since there were two deaths last night, unless there is a passive killing role, like PGO that could have killed TA.

There is no way that mafia would have killed one of their own, when, if they could have had two kills in one night, we would have been at MYLO today. Plus, a bad townie would need to surface and say they are the vig.

I can see a few scenarios that could be playing out, but they are so unlikely, that even I am not entertaining them.

So, the question is:
Do we think there was only one scum on Budda's list?
My work here is, finally, done.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 12:56:08 PM
At 10/28/2013 12:44:34 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Sorry, FT and Budda... I was wrong about you.

FT is almost guaranteed to be town, since there were two deaths last night, unless there is a passive killing role, like PGO that could have killed TA.

Agreed.

There is no way that mafia would have killed one of their own, when, if they could have had two kills in one night, we would have been at MYLO today. Plus, a bad townie would need to surface and say they are the vig.

I think everyone can agree on this.

I can see a few scenarios that could be playing out, but they are so unlikely, that even I am not entertaining them.

So, the question is:
Do we think there was only one scum on Budda's list?

I know I'm not scum, but I'm not sure about Jon. He hasn't been playing like scum but I've been in a game with him (the Beginner's mafia where I was SK) where nobody thought he was scum and he turned out to win the game for the mafia. We can lynch him today and risk a mislynch, have the vig kill him, or not kill him and trust he isn't mafia...

BTW, please give some sort of claim... at least your color. You and Hatstand are the only players not to have claimed yet.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 12:58:11 PM
TN05, how much mana do you have currently?
How much did you have at the start (before generation) NP2?

Answer this, and I'll claim.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:38:56 PM
At 10/28/2013 12:58:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I have zero mana at the moment.
At the start of NP2, I had one mana.
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:52:44 PM
I can say I tracked TN05 last night, and he is telling the truth about his role. Namely, that he does in fact have the power to visit deceased players and gain either their L1 or L2 ability while losing a different ability, and I know this because I observed TN05 visit Noumena. What I'd like to know, TN05, is whether you took the L1 "Ward" or the L2 "Circle of Protection" ability that Noumena used to have?

To clarify more on my tracker ability, it is my L1 ability, which I've used in both night phases, the first on Sparkies, where I generated no results, and the other on TN05. My choice on who to track has been largely influenced by the level of suspicion generated upon them by the end of a Day Period. Sparkies was high in DP1, and TN05 was in DP2.

My other night ability is where I can select a player and learn about everybody that visited them in the NP. Oh, and I'm the Elf Sentinel and I'm Green, and Town.

I'm troubled by the notion of being able to visit dead players and take their abilities, especially when you consider some of the abilities people have claimed to have here. I can genuinely say that aside from the Yraelz/Khaos conflict from the last round, I can say that there really is no more solid a lead to pursue than TN05, based both on his confirmed role, and how much he was willing to lynch Budda.

I like Hatstand's analysis from the last round: she's absolutely, brilliantly correct that Budda, TA and I are of the same alignment, and that we should target TN05.

VTL TN05.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:56:13 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:38:56 PM, TN05 wrote:

VTL TN05
His role is similar to mine, yet very different. (same in the sense that he is a backup, and my roles copy others' (except I'm not so sure anymore...))

His claiming blue when he thought it was safe, since no one claimed it yet, even though I had.

His mimicing a lvl 2 ability with zero possibility of using it until NP4, and even then, it is only as useful as the lvl 1 ability would have been.

His apparent not reading the DPs, since Yraelz knows my role, and that is part of the reason why he voted for me last DP.

Regardless if I am wrong about Yraelz's motivation for his vote on me (going from memory), TN05 explicitly called me out, yet doesn't remember doing so here: (post 86)

At 10/25/2013 7:23:53 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just got back from being gone most of the day... What the heck does me telling everyone I'm the first blue claim have to do with anything? I felt that might be useful for people to know.

As an aside, all three of me, TA, and JonMilne have roleclaimed. Quite honestly I haven't seen anything overtly scummy from TA or JonMilne, and I'm inclined to trust their roles. I think we need to confirm, right now, whether or not Budda is telling the truth about his role, and the only way to conclusively determine that is to lynch him. For that reason:

VTL Budda

If it turns out Budda is telling the truth and not lying (Hatstand makes good points in that his role could be very overpowered), the rest of us here need to lynch one of the three players he named (me, TA, JonMilne). I'm town and could absorb his role and thus keep that valuable role alive, but if everyone is really suspicious of me go ahead and mislynch me tomorrow. I would recommend you not do that but if it helps town win go ahead and do it tomorrow. Keep in mind we only have two mislynches left. If you do choose to lynch me, when I am proven innocent town vig needs to target either TA and Khaos needs to roleblock/protect JonMilne or vice versa. One or both could be mafia so both need to be restrained and ultimately killed.

If Budda is lying, we ignore his results.

Obviously, he knows my role, yet asks me for it now.

Bad play or mafia contriving; I'd say mafia is more likely.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:57:48 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:52:44 PM, JonMilne wrote:
I can say I tracked TN05 last night, and he is telling the truth about his role. Namely, that he does in fact have the power to visit deceased players and gain either their L1 or L2 ability while losing a different ability, and I know this because I observed TN05 visit Noumena. What I'd like to know, TN05, is whether you took the L1 "Ward" or the L2 "Circle of Protection" ability that Noumena used to have?

To clarify more on my tracker ability, it is my L1 ability, which I've used in both night phases, the first on Sparkies, where I generated no results, and the other on TN05. My choice on who to track has been largely influenced by the level of suspicion generated upon them by the end of a Day Period. Sparkies was high in DP1, and TN05 was in DP2.

My other night ability is where I can select a player and learn about everybody that visited them in the NP. Oh, and I'm the Elf Sentinel and I'm Green, and Town.

I'm troubled by the notion of being able to visit dead players and take their abilities, especially when you consider some of the abilities people have claimed to have here. I can genuinely say that aside from the Yraelz/Khaos conflict from the last round, I can say that there really is no more solid a lead to pursue than TN05, based both on his confirmed role, and how much he was willing to lynch Budda.

I like Hatstand's analysis from the last round: she's absolutely, brilliantly correct that Budda, TA and I are of the same alignment, and that we should target TN05.

VTL TN05.

So Budda (the guy who flipped town), TA (the guy who flipped scum), and you are of the same allignment?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:58:42 PM
Upon thinking over my role, I wonder if I am a weak killer and naive jailkeeper.
I am blue, so maybe my secondary effects (my main one being roleblocker) is nothing more than an illusion.

I haven't tested out my killing role, and I doubt I will. But, TA's multi-coloredness makes my role make A LOT more sense (and Noumena's in hindsight).
JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:00:51 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:57:48 PM, Hatstand wrote:

VTL TN05.

So Budda (the guy who flipped town), TA (the guy who flipped scum), and you are of the same allignment?

Sorry, misread. Me and Budda only then.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:02:51 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:00:51 PM, JonMilne wrote:

VTL TN05.

^ Jon is town

1. He claimed a confirmable role
2. If he were scum, he would surely have known one of his scumbuddies was dead.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:03:31 PM
White and blue are often colors that go together in magic. If he is mafia, and assuming mafia can't share between them, he could want protection from FT's vig.

I am less sure as I was before I posted my case (Jon posted while I was typing)...

Jon, why did you target TN05 over me or TA?
Budda suspected TA, and Yraelz, me. If you were going to sheep someone, why not one of them?
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:04:39 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:58:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Upon thinking over my role, I wonder if I am a weak killer and naive jailkeeper.
I am blue, so maybe my secondary effects (my main one being roleblocker) is nothing more than an illusion.

I haven't tested out my killing role, and I doubt I will. But, TA's multi-coloredness makes my role make A LOT more sense (and Noumena's in hindsight).

Who did you target last night? Can't they tell you if they were roleblocked or not?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:05:28 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:02:51 PM, Hatstand wrote:

VTL TN05.

^ Jon is town

He confirmed nothing, since TN05 stated in the DP Jon's results.
He also confirmed Sparkies' commuter role.

If he was mafia, both of these would be safe results to make.
This is Jon we're talking about here. The guy who tried to bluff a power role in a game with only vanillas.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:08:48 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:05:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 2:02:51 PM, Hatstand wrote:

VTL TN05.

^ Jon is town

True, but we can have him confirm his role.

This is Jon we're talking about here. The guy who tried to bluff a power role in a game with only vanillas.

Point.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:09:36 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:04:39 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 10/28/2013 1:58:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Who did you target last night? Can't they tell you if they were roleblocked or not?

No one.
The only people who I town read last DP are people that need to use their roles, so protecting them doesn't do any good in scum hunting, except verifying them in the event there is no NK.

Plus, it opens up my lvl 2 ability tonight to use, which we may need (but I think it won't work, like my protection didn't).
I think I am a town roleblocker and little more. I think Drafter tricked me :/
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:11:47 PM

Circle of Protection. I did this because I wanted to reserve my L1 ability for if Budda was lynched today and he was telling the truth (which he was). I did not expect him to die overnight, and if I did I would have saved it for his L2 role. If I were mafia, I'd have no reason to reserve my L1 ability for a confirmation role that has no use to mafia.

Good to know. Counting you off the mafia list.

My role is essentially a variation of the Universal backup, a role that is always town. (http://wiki.mafiascum.net...) The limitation here is that it takes at least three night phases for me to use any power, because someone has to die (DP1), I have to absorb their role (NP2), and then I can use it starting NP3. As I explained before, it is limited but extremely useful.

VTL TN05.

Go ahead, if that's what you want. I said in my big plan that I have no problem being lynched if town demands it, given that there are three people that could be mafia. I would advise against this, because if I survive two nights than I could basically win the game for us.
At 10/28/2013 1:56:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 1:38:56 PM, TN05 wrote:

VTL TN05
His role is similar to mine, yet very different. (same in the sense that he is a backup, and my roles copy others' (except I'm not so sure anymore...))

Not sure about what? That I can copy roles, or that you can?

His claiming blue when he thought it was safe, since no one claimed it yet, even though I had.

No, I claimed blue because I am blue. I said 'I think I may be the first one to claim blue', because I thought that might be important to note if nobody else had claimed it. Why? Because it could mean there aren't a lot of blue, or that people are lying about claims.

His mimicing a lvl 2 ability with zero possibility of using it until NP4, and even then, it is only as useful as the lvl 1 ability would have been.

You are correct, it has zero possibility of being used until NP4. I noted in my first post my role is limited, but could be very useful - which is exactly the case. I assume this is because there are confirmation roles from Budda, and if Budda was killed NP1 or NP2 and I copyed and used them immediately, the game could end pretty quickly. Drafterman is good about creating balanced games, and it seems like a pretty fair trade-off.

His apparent not reading the DPs, since Yraelz knows my role, and that is part of the reason why he voted for me last DP.

Regardless if I am wrong about Yraelz's motivation for his vote on me (going from memory), TN05 explicitly called me out, yet doesn't remember doing so here: (post 86)

At 10/25/2013 7:23:53 PM, TN05 wrote:
Just got back from being gone most of the day... What the heck does me telling everyone I'm the first blue claim have to do with anything? I felt that might be useful for people to know.

As an aside, all three of me, TA, and JonMilne have roleclaimed. Quite honestly I haven't seen anything overtly scummy from TA or JonMilne, and I'm inclined to trust their roles. I think we need to confirm, right now, whether or not Budda is telling the truth about his role, and the only way to conclusively determine that is to lynch him. For that reason:

VTL Budda

If it turns out Budda is telling the truth and not lying (Hatstand makes good points in that his role could be very overpowered), the rest of us here need to lynch one of the three players he named (me, TA, JonMilne). I'm town and could absorb his role and thus keep that valuable role alive, but if everyone is really suspicious of me go ahead and mislynch me tomorrow. I would recommend you not do that but if it helps town win go ahead and do it tomorrow. Keep in mind we only have two mislynches left. If you do choose to lynch me, when I am proven innocent town vig needs to target either TA and Khaos needs to roleblock/protect JonMilne or vice versa. One or both could be mafia so both need to be restrained and ultimately killed.

If Budda is lying, we ignore his results.

Obviously, he knows my role, yet asks me for it now.

Bad play or mafia contriving; I'd say mafia is more likely.

Are you really going to pull the Yrealz card (make a vote based off of really bad nonsensical logic) here, Khaos? You were mafia with me in that game and you know I occasionally forget things or get stuff wrong.

I forgot I had commented to you about your role, but I looked it up and I did indeed do that. The reason I didn't note that here is the website was having issues, and I wanted the list to be put up sooner than later. I even put a notice on it saying 'if I am wrong, correct me'. I wouldn't have given up my mana count if I was mafia and already knew your role. That makes no sense.

That aside, VTL Hatstand for role and color claim.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:12:56 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:08:48 PM, Hatstand wrote:

I suppose he can track me tonight, and tell us who I visited.
I might as well give someone mana, or use my ability. We'll see how the DP ends.

Point.

The game was an open set-up.
He doesn't pay a whole lot of attention.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:16:47 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:12:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I might as well give someone mana, or use my ability. We'll see how the DP ends

You're not the right target for this test. If you Vig someone, then he'll be able to falsify that too by just saying who died that wasn't the mafia NK target (which he would know if he were scum). .

Point.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:21:19 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:16:47 PM, Hatstand wrote:

You're not the right target for this test. If you Vig someone, then he'll be able to falsify that too by just saying who died that wasn't the mafia NK target (which he would know if he were scum). .

If I kill someone, and what about FT? How will he know who killed anyone?
There are four options I have:
1. I can protect someone (unless I am niave)
2. I can potentially kill someone (unless I am weak) (and who's to say I didn't double kill someone?)
3. I can give away mana.
4. I can do nothing.

He would have to choose, and would only have a 25% chance of successfully guessing.
But, I suppose this all depends on my being trustworthy...so, whatever... he's not getting lynched today, that I know.

Point.

Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 2:27:31 PM
At 10/28/2013 2:21:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/28/2013 2:16:47 PM, Hatstand wrote:

If I kill someone, and what about FT? How will he know who killed anyone?
There are four options I have:
1. I can protect someone (unless I am niave)
2. I can potentially kill someone (unless I am weak) (and who's to say I didn't double kill someone?)
3. I can give away mana.
4. I can do nothing.

He would have to choose, and would only have a 25% chance of successfully guessing.
But, I suppose this all depends on my being trustworthy...so, whatever... he's not getting lynched today, that I know.

True.

Either way, I don't think we should give him an iron-clad target, or else the mafia might just kill them before they can confirm anything.

Point.