Beginner Series 17.X Sign-ups

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:27:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia University
Want to know what this strange, oddly compelling game mafia is? Know what mafia is but wish to bone up on your skills? Mafia University is the place for you!

You will be put through a boot-camp of three mafia games. Each game is designed to teach you the basics of mafia in a progressive fashion, leading up to the themed games that predominate DDO Mafia. The curriculum is as follows:

Round 1: Introduction to Mafia, Mafia Basics and Role Madness!
Round 2: Flavors, Misinformation, Information Denial, and Third Parties
Round 3: Themed Game

The games are designed for maximum exposure, not balance. The idea is to have new players deal with all of the different circumstances that may commonly run up against in normal mafia games.

The sign-up sheet below is for all three games. That way, each person gets the full effect of the beginners' course and also helps keeps things moving.

New Players:

Ringers (experienced players):

Replacements (open to all players, preference given to noobs):

Town Advisor: (Optional; May comment in Day Phase thread to give advice; has no special knowledge of the game)

Mafia Advisor: (Optional; Participates in mafia PM to give advice; has no special knowledge of the game)

What constitutes a "New" player versus an "Experienced" player? My personal, arbitrary, discretion. My primary goal is to get a game up and running, otherwise no one benefits. However, slots will be given to newer/lesser experienced/lesser ability players as a matter of preference. If you are not such a player (or I don't believe you are such a player), then feel free to sign up, but also be prepared to have your slot taken away and given to someone who will benefit from it more. Other than that, the game is open to all.

Advice: If you are not already my friend, when signing up, add me as a friend. This will make things go faster.

The above is stolen straight from Drafterman and I will be plagiarizing most of his speeches, as they are good.
The only thing I will add is that this "boot camp" will last about 3 weeks or so. Please be active and only sign up if you can make the commitment.
My work here is, finally, done.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 9:18:16 AM
I wish to join.

At 11/1/2013 3:27:53 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Mafia University
Want to know what this strange, oddly compelling game mafia is? Know what mafia is but wish to bone up on your skills? Mafia University is the place for you!

You will be put through a boot-camp of three mafia games. Each game is designed to teach you the basics of mafia in a progressive fashion, leading up to the themed games that predominate DDO Mafia. The curriculum is as follows:

Round 1: Introduction to Mafia, Mafia Basics and Role Madness!
Round 2: Flavors, Misinformation, Information Denial, and Third Parties
Round 3: Themed Game

The games are designed for maximum exposure, not balance. The idea is to have new players deal with all of the different circumstances that may commonly run up against in normal mafia games.

The sign-up sheet below is for all three games. That way, each person gets the full effect of the beginners' course and also helps keeps things moving.

New Players:
1. NotReallySmart

Town Advisor: (Optional; May comment in Day Phase thread to give advice; has no special knowledge of the game)

Mafia Advisor: (Optional; Participates in mafia PM to give advice; has no special knowledge of the game)

What constitutes a "New" player versus an "Experienced" player? My personal, arbitrary, discretion. My primary goal is to get a game up and running, otherwise no one benefits. However, slots will be given to newer/lesser experienced/lesser ability players as a matter of preference. If you are not such a player (or I don't believe you are such a player), then feel free to sign up, but also be prepared to have your slot taken away and given to someone who will benefit from it more. Other than that, the game is open to all.

Advice: If you are not already my friend, when signing up, add me as a friend. This will make things go faster.

The above is stolen straight from Drafterman and I will be plagiarizing most of his speeches, as they are good.
The only thing I will add is that this "boot camp" will last about 3 weeks or so. Please be active and only sign up if you can make the commitment.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 9:24:03 AM
Sure, I'll do it. Sign me up.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 12:48:11 PM
At 11/1/2013 12:09:12 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
I am the based god you moan about.
"I am stupid but this quote is not." - A genius
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 1:10:12 PM
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Unopinionated Moron

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:33:22 PM
At 11/1/2013 1:10:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Unopinionated Moron
5. Cheesedingo

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies

My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 10:13:01 PM
At 11/1/2013 3:33:22 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Unopinionated Moron
5. Cheesedingo

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies
2. TA
3. Hatstand

I really missed the party, didn't I? :'(
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:17:00 AM
At 11/1/2013 10:13:01 PM, Hatstand wrote:

If you can count, we need a sixth.
"I am stupid but this quote is not." - A genius
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:17:20 AM
At 11/2/2013 1:17:00 AM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

I'd like to think that after 5 proper games I don't fit into the 'beginner' category any more. But if I do, I'll happily take the slot.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:25:24 AM
At 11/2/2013 3:17:20 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 11/2/2013 1:17:00 AM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

I'd like to think that after 5 proper games I don't fit into the 'beginner' category any more. But if I do, I'll happily take the slot.

We'll give it a few days, and I'll throw you in if need be (I don't want this to drag on too long).
I am looking for beginners who don't really know how the game is played, and ringers how could work on their game. You don't really fit either, but I know you'll be active and a good player to teach, so...
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 10:56:33 PM
In light of Unopinionated's abrupt departure from the site:

At 11/1/2013 3:33:22 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies
2. TA
3. Hatstand

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:05:56 PM
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo
5. srehtiw

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies
2. TA
3. Hatstand

One more to go.
I will start this on Thursday with a replacement if no sixth beginner signs up.
Friend me if you haven't.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 8:32:44 AM
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo
5. srehtiw

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

1. Sparkies
2. TA
3. Hatstand
4. TDK

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:16:54 PM
Find a replacement for me now. I'll stop playing after 2 posts.

Fix'd
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:18:17 PM
At 11/4/2013 7:16:54 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Especially if one sentence from me could save multiple townies.

Fix'd

Super Fix'd
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:09:27 PM
At 11/4/2013 7:18:17 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Fix'd

Super Fix'd

Someone's frisky tonight, aren't they?
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:12:46 PM

Fix'd

/\ \ /::\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ \
/::\ \ /::::\ \ /::\ \ /::\____\ /::\ \ /::\____\ /::\ \ /::\____\ /::\ \ /::\ \ /::\ \ /::\ \ /::\____\ /::\ \
/::::\ \ /::::::\ \ /::::\ \ /:::/ / /::::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /::::| | /::::\ \ /::::\ \ /::::\ \ /::::\ \ /:::/ / /::::\ \
/::::::\ \ /::::::::\ \ /::::::\ \ /:::/ / /::::::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /:::::| | /::::::\ \ /::::::\ \ /::::::\ \ /::::::\ \ /:::/ / /::::::\ \
/:::/\:::\ \ /:::/~~\:::\ \ /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/ / /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /::::::| | /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/ / /:::/\:::\ \
/:::/__\:::\ \ /:::/ \:::\ \ /:::/__\:::\ \ /:::/ / /:::/ \:::\ \ /:::/____/ \:::\ \ /:::/|::| | /:::/ \:::\ \ /:::/__\:::\ \ /:::/__\:::\ \ /:::/__\:::\ \ /:::/____/ /:::/__\:::\ \
\:::\ \:::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /::::\ \:::\ \ /:::/ / /:::/ \:::\ \ /::::\ \ /::::\ \ /:::/ |::| | /:::/ \:::\ \ /::::\ \:::\ \ /::::\ \:::\ \ /::::\ \:::\ \ |::| | /::::\ \:::\ \
___\:::\ \:::\ \ /:::/____/ \:::\____\ /::::::\ \:::\ \ /:::/ / _____ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /::::::\____\________ ____ /::::::\ \ /:::/ |::| | _____ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /::::::\ \:::\ \ /::::::\ \:::\ \ /::::::\ \:::\ \ |::| | _____ /::::::\ \:::\ \
/\ \:::\ \:::\ \ |:::| | |:::| | /:::/\:::\ \:::\ \ /:::/____/ /\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ /:::/\:::::::::::\ \ /\ \ /:::/\:::\ \ /:::/ |::| |/\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ ___\ /:::/\:::\ \:::\ ___\ /:::/\:::\ \:::\____\ /:::/\:::\ \:::\ \ |::| | /\ \ /:::/\:::\ \:::\ \
/::\ \:::\ \:::\____\|:::|____| |:::| | /:::/ \:::\ \:::\____\|:::| / /::\____\/:::/____/ \:::\____\/:::/ |:::::::::::\____\/::\ \/:::/ \:::\____\/:: / |::| /::\____\/:::/____/ ___\:::| | /:::/__\:::\ \:::| |/:::/ \:::\ \:::| |/:::/ \:::\ \:::\____\ |::| | /::\____\/:::/__\:::\ \:::\____\
\:::\ \:::\ \::/ / \:::\ \ /:::/ / \::/ \:::\ \::/ /|:::|____\ /:::/ /\:::\ \ \::/ /\::/ |::|~~~|~~~~~ \:::\ /:::/ \::/ /\::/ /|::| /:::/ /\:::\ \ /\ /:::|____| \:::\ \:::\ /:::|____|\::/ |::::\ /:::|____|\::/ \:::\ /:::/ / |::| | /:::/ /\:::\ \:::\ \::/ /
\:::\ \:::\ \/____/ \:::\ \ /:::/ / \/____/ \:::\ \/____/ \:::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ \/____/ \/____|::| | \:::\/:::/ / \/____/ \/____/ |::| /:::/ / \:::\ /::\ \::/ / \:::\ \:::\/:::/ / \/____|:::::\/:::/ / \/____/ \:::\/:::/ / |::| | /:::/ / \:::\ \:::\ \/____/
\:::\ \:::\ \ \:::\ /:::/ / \:::\ \ \:::\ \ /:::/ / \:::\ \ |::| | \::::::/ / |::|/:::/ / \:::\ \:::\ \/____/ \:::\ \::::::/ / |:::::::::/ / \::::::/ / |::|____|/:::/ / \:::\ \:::\ \
\:::\ \:::\____\ \:::\__/:::/ / \:::\____\ \:::\ /:::/ / \:::\ \ |::| | \::::/____/ |::::::/ / \:::\ \:::\____\ \:::\ \::::/ / |::|\::::/ / \::::/ / |:::::::::::/ / \:::\ \:::\____\
\:::\ /:::/ / \::::::::/ / \::/ / \:::\__/:::/ / \:::\ \ |::| | \:::\ \ |:::::/ / \:::\ /:::/ / \:::\ /:::/ / |::| \::/____/ /:::/ / \::::::::::/____/ \:::\ \::/ /
\:::\/:::/ / \::::::/ / \/____/ \::::::::/ / \:::\ \ |::| | \:::\ \ |::::/ / \:::\/:::/ / \:::\/:::/ / |::| ~| /:::/ / ~~~~~~~~~~ \:::\ \/____/
\::::::/ / \::::/ / \::::::/ / \:::\ \ |::| | \:::\ \ /:::/ / \::::::/ / \::::::/ / |::| | /:::/ / \:::\ \
\::::/ / \::/____/ \::::/ / \:::\____\ \::| | \:::\____\ /:::/ / \::::/ / \::::/ / \::| | /:::/ / \:::\____\
\::/ / ~~ \::/____/ \::/ / \:| | \::/ / \::/ / \::/____/ \::/____/ \:| | \::/ / \::/ /
\/____/ ~~ \/____/ \|___| \/____/ \/____/ ~~ \|___| \/____/ \/____/
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 4:06:54 PM
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo
5. srehtiw
6. SpencerJoyage14

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

This is the official roster, friend me if you haven't, and I'll set up after work tonight and hopefully get things going later tonight, if not tomorrow.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
At 11/5/2013 4:06:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
New Players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo
5. srehtiw
6. SpencerJoyage14

7. JohMilne
8. NightCats

This is the official roster, friend me if you haven't, and I'll set up after work tonight and hopefully get things going later tonight, if not tomorrow.

Can't wait.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 3:07:47 PM
At 11/4/2013 7:18:17 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Fix'd

Super Fix'd

Called it.