11/2/2013 9:15:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Died Last Night:
Jon
Character: Elf Sentinal
Color: Green
Affiliation: Town

Level 1 Ability - On the Hunt
G: Select another player. You will learn who they visited during the night.

Level 2 Ability - Ever Watchful
1G: Select another player. You will learn every other player that visits them during the night.

Yraelz/FT
Character: Fire Elemental
Color: Red

Level 1 Ability - Fireball
R: Select another player. That player dies.

Level 2 Ability - Incendiary Blast
RR: You die. Everyone else visiting you tonight also dies.

Lynched Last Phase:
No One

Previously Dead:
Hatstand - Mana Generator - Town
Zaradi - Vampire - Town
Buddamoose - Inquisitor - Town
TheAntidoter - Bioplague - Mafia
Noumena - Cleric - Town

And, with that: MAFIA WINS!

Dramatis Personae:
1. Khaos
Character: Chaos Wizard
Color: Blue, Red
Affiliation: Mafia

Level 1 Ability - Disorient
R: Select another player. That player's target(s) will be randomized.

Level 2 Ability - Drive to Madness
UR: Select two players. All of their abilities will be taken from them, then reassigned back to them randomly.

2. Maikuru
Character: Spirit of the Forest
Color: Green

Level 1 Ability - Regenerate
G: You are immune to lethal actions tonight.

Level 2 Ability - Web of Vines
1G: You are immune to lethal actions tonight. People targeting you tonight will be roleblocked the following night.

3. Sparkies
Character: Angel of Death
Color: White, Black
Affiliation: Mafia

Level 1 Ability - Blinding Light
W: You may not be targeted by players this phase.

Level 2 Ability - Despair!
WB: Only black and colorless players may act this phase.

4. TN05
Character: Shapeshifter
Color: Blue

Level 1 Ability - Line-up
U: Three players will be selected at random. You will learn whether or not they are all affiliated with the Town.

Level 2 Ability - Circle of Protection
XU: Select X players and a color. For this phase those players are immune to the actions of players of the selected color (except this action).

Night Actions:
https://docs.google.com...

Anaylsis:
Unfortunately, I think the game lost a lot in me having to reduce it. The larger game, i think, was balanced, so by removing and changing roles it might have become unbalanced. Basically Town made a lot of mistakes:

1. Never lynching. Zaradi is the only person to have killed a Mafioso.
2. Sparkies and Khaos were easy lynches, I think. Sparkies suggestion about multicolor really can't have been just dismissed as a wild theory, as there was no indication that multicolored characters were even in the game. He should have been lynched the second TA flipped. Khaos' faked actions didn't make sense; Why would he jailkeep the commuter after the commuter was confirmed commuter?

Anyway, the game hinged on last night's actions. Khaos was randomizing FT/Yraelz the whole game - except last night. I'm not sure why Khaos stopped, except that the odds of them hidding a mafioso were higher, but if he had, he would have died along with FT/Yraelz making the last phase Maikuru, TN05, and Sparkies. I'm not sure how that would have gone down, but Town would have at least had a chance.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 9:41:28 AM
Fun game! Thanks for bringing magic back into my life.

I'd say town played really poorly this game, with the exceptions being Hatstand (a shining star) and FT/Yraelz (doing their best to generate activity). The whole mafia team did well to stay under the radar. Overall, I had fun =)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 9:43:25 AM
Oh, and about going to the last phase. I expected to be with Yraelz/FT and having to fight for my life. Had the last three been me, TN, and Sparks, TN and I probably would have gone for each other with Sparks having his choice of how to win lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 10:16:29 AM
I honestly thought someone would pick up on the reviver ability,would have been pretty op if it actually wasin the game ,but my l2bility cut all but black colour,excuse for not being able to revive
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 10:29:01 AM
Dangit. Probably abad idea to not lunch and then vig someone. My guesses were so off this game, I got the two other town as mafia and the two mafia as town. Well-played, mafia

Overall though, fun game. I think we would have had a shot if we had survived to the next DP. I didn't protect anyone last night (I hoped the WIFOM of me saying I'd protect Yrealz would get the target off of him), but even if I did I probably would have protected from green, not red. Oh well.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 12:09:56 PM
The full game had 2 of each color for town, plus 3 artifacts. Mafia had five players. The third level abilities were enchantments (things like black abilities costing less to pay, stuff like that) and required complementary colors to cast.

The theme was harmony vs. disharmony, but it really wasn't that evident at this level. Mafia was not only multicolored, but made up of opposing colors.

BTW The mafia couldn't share mana among each other.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:41:23 PM
Thanks for a fun game, Drafter, and I am sure it would have been better with the full slot.
As it was, I thought town was pretty OP'd, given one killing, two protective (granted they were weaker due to color specificity), and one backup.

All mafia had was a super-ninja/roleblocker, extra voter, and a redirector/"tree stumper", which would have outed my colors, I assume.

Honestly, I thought town made some huge errors, like not lynching Sparkies (not for his multi-color thing, but for three whites and too many protection for town). Also, I thought my character name was telling, given others'.

Also, TN05 made bad choices, IMO, in his use of his role, and Jon was just unlucky.
My work here is, finally, done.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 2:36:47 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:41:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Thanks for a fun game, Drafter, and I am sure it would have been better with the full slot.
As it was, I thought town was pretty OP'd, given one killing, two protective (granted they were weaker due to color specificity), and one backup.

Killing roles are useless when you can randomize them and the vig outs himself pretty quickly.

All mafia had was a super-ninja/roleblocker, extra voter, and a redirector/"tree stumper", which would have outed my colors, I assume.

Honestly, I thought town made some huge errors, like not lynching Sparkies (not for his multi-color thing, but for three whites and too many protection for town). Also, I thought my character name was telling, given others'.

Also, TN05 made bad choices, IMO, in his use of his role, and Jon was just unlucky.

What bad choices, exactly? There's only so much I can do with that role that takes a minimum of three phases to effectively use, especially when the game is so short and people aren't dropping like flies. If we did survive to the next day phase, I'm fairly confident we would have hit a mafia... That aside, I'm shocked I wasn't killed as soon as it was clear I was pretty safe from being lynched. I expected to be killed tonight, or even last night.

I'm more concerned that town decided not to lynch, but then let the vig kill someone, making the reason for no lynching (not being at MYLO) moot. If we were going to vig someone, it would have been much better to lynch because the field is narrowed and a kill of a mafioso would end it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 2:50:16 PM
At 11/2/2013 2:36:47 PM, TN05 wrote:

Killing roles are useless when you can randomize them and the vig outs himself pretty quickly.

What bad choices, exactly? There's only so much I can do with that role that takes a minimum of three phases to effectively use, especially when the game is so short and people aren't dropping like flies. If we did survive to the next day phase, I'm fairly confident we would have hit a mafia... That aside, I'm shocked I wasn't killed as soon as it was clear I was pretty safe from being lynched. I expected to be killed tonight, or even last night.

You should have taken Noumena's ward, IMO.
You dream, I assume takes you out of the equation, so you had only a 1 in 60 chance of helping town (the ONE result that would have picked the three remaining townies, which may or may not have been believed at MYLO).
You taking Noumena's circle of protection depleted your mana pool, along with it's effect only being that of ward anyway, unless you had gotten mana or survived to NP5.

I'm more concerned that town decided not to lynch, but then let the vig kill someone, making the reason for no lynching (not being at MYLO) moot. If we were going to vig someone, it would have been much better to lynch because the field is narrowed and a kill of a mafioso would end it.

FT/Yraelz weren't planning to vig, they were hoping mafia would have thought they were, thus redirecting them, so they were gambling on killing two townies (NK and themselves) and one mafia, thus bringing us to MYLO with one scum remaining.

It could have worked, if I wasn't so paranoid that they were lying about their role. Making someone a bomb wouldn't make sense, because it would kill them, too. Plus, I think they slipped at one point and made it seem like their role made someone a PGO.

As far as I was concerned, me having my randomize was an extra NK with their vig, so I wanted them to stay alive.
You weren't an issue, since I believed your actions. You circle of protection wasn't a threat, since no one really suspected Sparkies white/black, so you wouldn't have blocked his kill. And your dream was a longshot of being dangerous. Plus, you and I were the only blue, and I was keeping that FOS alive.
My work here is, finally, done.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:11:19 PM
At 11/2/2013 2:50:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You dream, I assume takes you out of the equation, so you had only a 1 in 60 chance of helping town (the ONE result that would have picked the three remaining townies, which may or may not have been believed at MYLO).
You taking Noumena's circle of protection depleted your mana pool, along with it's effect only being that of ward anyway, unless you had gotten mana or survived to NP5.

I've already explained why taking ward was a bad idea.

FT/Yraelz weren't planning to vig, they were hoping mafia would have thought they were, thus redirecting them, so they were gambling on killing two townies (NK and themselves) and one mafia, thus bringing us to MYLO with one scum remaining.

It could have worked, if I wasn't so paranoid that they were lying about their role. Making someone a bomb wouldn't make sense, because it would kill them, too. Plus, I think they slipped at one point and made it seem like their role made someone a PGO.

As far as I was concerned, me having my randomize was an extra NK with their vig, so I wanted them to stay alive.
You weren't an issue, since I believed your actions. You circle of protection wasn't a threat, since no one really suspected Sparkies white/black, so you wouldn't have blocked his kill. And your dream was a longshot of being dangerous. Plus, you and I were the only blue, and I was keeping that FOS alive.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:28:28 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:11:19 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/2/2013 2:50:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I've already explained why taking ward was a bad idea.

And your logic was severely flawed. That's one of the main reasons you were such a lynch target.

Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:30:30 PM
At 11/2/2013 10:48:05 AM, drafterman wrote:
I'm really disappointed that there was no use of Hatstands abilities.

Yes, I played badly this game. What I should have done was put on my unbelievably-town hat and drawn the mana donations to myself, but thanks to my exams I didn't have the time or the energy to do that. I apologise.