Jump to topic:

The Matrix Mafia DP1

JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 10:25:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Welcome to the War between the Human Resistance of Zion and the Machines who created the Matrix. The climax of this fight is reaching its prophesied end, and only you can control who will emerge victorious as the battles are fought in both Zion and the Machine World as well as the artificial world of the Matrix itself, and of course, the enemies of Zion are well hidden, which will be enough of a challenge to contend with. What twists and turns await? Only you can find out.

Player List

1. TA
2. Khaos Mage
3. srehtiw
4. TUF
5. Sparkies
6. tylergraham95
7. Bladerunner060
8. Hatstand
9. thedebatekid
10. Unopinionated Moron

With 10 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch. This DP will last until 9am British Time on Wednesday the 6th of November. Plurality lynching WILL NOT be in effect if no majority is reached by the end of the DP. If the DP ends with no one player having an absolute majority in lynch votes, then the day ends in a no lynch. You can vote not to lynch.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 10:43:54 AM
Since you guys like to policy lynch noobs I will role claim Trinity.
"I am stupid but this quote is not." - A genius
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 12:16:07 PM
At 11/2/2013 11:46:05 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wat is tis.

You are not in this game? Please do not post in it.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:02:06 PM
At 11/2/2013 10:43:54 AM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

Claiming unnecessarily just gives free Info to the mafia. Please do not do so without significant pressure, especially if you have main characters.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:26:39 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:02:06 PM, TUF wrote:

Claiming unnecessarily just gives free Info to the mafia. Please do not do so without significant pressure, especially if you have main characters.

The pressure would inevitably come. I'm just ahead of the curve.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:36:05 PM

Are you actually a beginner? This seems kind of advanced....
My work here is, finally, done.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:43:53 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:36:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

To mafia no, to mafia on this site yes.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:53:02 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:43:53 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

What is your win condition?
Why did you not vote for someone when outing your role, since you are aware of the policy lynching (or at least pressuring)?
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 2:27:26 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:53:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/2/2013 1:43:53 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

What is your win condition?
Why did you not vote for someone when outing your role, since you are aware of the policy lynching (or at least pressuring)?

1) I win with ZION
2) I have no finger of suspicion at present and thus will not yet vote.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:01:34 PM
I think Unopinionated is town, but I will not quarrel the moron part of his username for claiming trinity. ;-) jk.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:07:05 PM
VTL: TUF

As scumtells, TUF is:

1) Getting angry at a possible clear for day one.
2) Randomly buddying me.
3) Is so keep to tell me not to reveal role when he probably has a role not worth revealing.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:07:47 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:07:05 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

As scumtells, TUF is:

2) Randomly buddying me.
3) Is so keen to tell me not to reveal role when he probably has a role not worth revealing.

fixed.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:09:36 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:07:05 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

As scumtells, TUF is:

I don't see the anger.
2) Randomly buddying me.
I, too, think you're town. Why wouldn't we?
3) Is so keep to tell me not to reveal role when he probably has a role not worth revealing.
I don't understand what you're saying.

You are a main character, so your role is probably a power role, which is why you are being criticized.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:11:04 PM
I townread khaos for defending the sudden lynch (assuming him and TUF are not paired).

Khaos passes my reaction test.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:35:42 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:11:04 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:
I townread khaos for defending the sudden lynch (assuming him and TUF are not paired).

Khaos_Mages behavior is definitely town, I would agree. The way he grilled you was so genuine town play from him. Ill keep in mind that I have missed a few games with him and have not analyzed recent behaviors.
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:43:32 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:41:13 PM, TUF wrote:
Vtl bladerunner for death.

Justify it.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:52:10 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:43:32 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

Justify it.

I think ill just wait for bladerunner. Thanks anyway though.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 4:43:01 PM
Im here, haven't read my pm, hoping im town.

VTL TUF for pressure
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 4:45:51 PM
YES! YES!

I was right. NO MORE MAGIC FOR UUUUUUUU.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 5:25:09 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:52:10 PM, TUF wrote:
At 11/2/2013 3:43:32 PM, UnopinionatedMoron wrote:

Justify it.

I think ill just wait for bladerunner. Thanks anyway though.

And what are you waiting for from me? You didn't ask for a role or ability claim. Do you want me to just go "Nuh uh!!11!1!!"?

On the off chance it's related to me being online--I'm almost always online, because I almost always have a few tabs open and rarely put the lappy to sleep. I am home, and able to skim this thread and the other game I'm in, but I haven't posted anything in this one yet because I don't have much to contribute yet; there's not a lot to go on, and it's not as though I have an immediate counter-claim or some other instant "gotcha". When I have something that will help town, I'll post it.

I win with Zion, but of course i'd say that--so unless you're soft-claiming lie detector or hoping there's one, I'm not sure what else you want from me.

On a side note, I've never understood the "for death" suffix--I get "for claim", as in, "for not making one" and/or "in order to get a claim", but VTLing "for death" just seems redundant.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 6:28:04 PM
At 11/2/2013 3:35:42 PM, TUF wrote:

Khaos_Mages behavior is definitely town, I would agree. The way he grilled you was so genuine town play from him. Ill keep in mind that I have missed a few games with him and have not analyzed recent behaviors.

Definite town or scum reads are prone to you, as has been seen.

However, when we look to confidence in scum meta, we see that scum TUF would rarely be as committed, in order to be able to change reads to gain the most of a given flip, as seen here.

At 8/7/2013 5:50:46 PM, TUF wrote:
I am going to hammer TA.

1. There was literally no reason for him to have done what he did last day phase with the votes.

2. He has been hardcore soft claiming LD, yet the vote count obviously shows that he is hated player.

3. Rocket seems to indicate that he got a guilty (an assumption based on answers he gave).

4. TA has been online, and has refused to answer any of these questions. Him posting "hey guys, what did I miss" indicates that he is here and ready to play and answer questions. That was hours ago, and he has dis-appeared.

I'll be surprised if TA is town.

VTL TA.

Now, it seems that if TUF is going in confidently, then TUF in this instance is town.

It is the opposite of scum meta.

UNVOTE VTL BLADERUNNER

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
UnopinionatedMoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 6:51:46 PM
Meta-reading only works for noobs. Pros always cover their a$$.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:25:12 PM
At 11/2/2013 6:28:04 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

However, when we look to confidence in scum meta, we see that scum TUF would rarely be as committed, in order to be able to change reads to gain the most of a given flip, as seen here.

I am going to hammer TA.

1. There was literally no reason for him to have done what he did last day phase with the votes.

2. He has been hardcore soft claiming LD, yet the vote count obviously shows that he is hated player.

3. Rocket seems to indicate that he got a guilty (an assumption based on answers he gave).

4. TA has been online, and has refused to answer any of these questions. Him posting "hey guys, what did I miss" indicates that he is here and ready to play and answer questions. That was hours ago, and he has dis-appeared.

VTL TA.

Now, it seems that if TUF is going in confidently, then TUF in this instance is town.

UNVOTE VTL BLADERUNNER

There's a difference between having worked something out over a period of time and being certain of it and what's going on here. As far as I can see, that VTL was completely unwarranted, unless TUF's role PM specifically states that Bladerunner is scum. Even in that case, why not bring it up straight away?

Until some sort of case is set forward, I for one am not going to put any credit in that wagon.

For now: Khaos and Unopinionated are town. I'll get to everyone else in my next post.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:39:44 PM

I am going to hammer TA.

VTL TA.

UNVOTE VTL BLADERUNNER

TUF has given no reason for FOS. You are now jumping on what you are trying to make a bandwagon, based solely on TUF being town which, while I don't have strong opinion, has nothing to do with why you're VTLing me-- that's scummy to me.

TUF probably has a strategy for what appears to be a random vote--but you're piling on for no reason, not even to pressure for a claim.

VTL TA
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:52:53 PM
At 11/2/2013 7:39:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I am going to hammer TA.

VTL TA.

UNVOTE VTL BLADERUNNER

TUF has given no reason for FOS. You are now jumping on what you are trying to make a bandwagon, based solely on TUF being town which, while I don't have strong opinion, has nothing to do with why you're VTLing me-- that's scummy to me.

TUF probably has a strategy for what appears to be a random vote--but you're piling on for no reason, not even to pressure for a claim.

VTL TA

but then why did you vote for ta? Your choice changed real faast
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 8:05:13 PM
At 11/2/2013 7:52:53 PM, Sparkies wrote:
At 11/2/2013 7:39:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I am going to hammer TA.

VTL TA.

UNVOTE VTL BLADERUNNER

VTL TA

but then why did you vote for ta? Your choice changed real faast

Because TA's vote seemed decidedly opportunistic. And there was no 'mind-changing' involved. Bladerunner's first post may have questioned the logic of what TUF was doing, but Bladerunner never actually FOS'd him or anyone else. Bladerunner's still null to me.

Why did you think that what Bladerunner did was suspicious?