Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 17.1 - DP2

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 12:30:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, we're off to a rough start due to inactivity, but hopefully this DP will be better...

Died in the night:
JonMilne - You are the bodyguard. Every night, you may select another player and any lethal action against them will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

NightCats - You are the VANILLA. You have no night actions. You win with the town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 12:31:48 AM
Living players:
1. Mrs. Lynch
2. NotReallySmart
3. Bsh1
4. Cheesedingo
5. srehtiw
6. SpencerJoyage14

With 6 living players, it takes 4 to lynch.
This DP will end no later than 3 AM Wednesday 11/13.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 12:45:04 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry I missed the last DP. I'll be posting my reads in a minute, but in the meantime, could I ask for reads from Srehtiw and SpencerJoyage14?

(When you give reads, you state whether you think each player is town or scum and why)
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:19:25 AM
At 11/11/2013 1:02:42 AM, srehtiw wrote:
Ok. The fact that two people died last NP means that someone has a killing role.

It means there is a Vig, because there's no double NK role in the setup.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:22:03 AM
Ok. The fact that two people died last NP means that someone has a killing role.

Your reads, if you would.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:49:55 AM
NotReallySmart - slight scum - I don't like the way he keeps on hopping on bandwagons without explaining himself.

Bsh1 - slight scum - he opened DP1 by suggesting a NL. However,n the haste with which he tried to implement this defeated the stated purpose of the NL: to give the townies a chance to get to understand eachother's playstyle. This is slightly mollified by his apparent enthusiasm for Mrs. Lynch's alternate suggestions. However, his unwillingness to commit to a lynch (despite the fact that he claimed that it was because he didn't want to lynch a townie) could mean that he didn't want to associate himself with a mislynch or risk lynching his scumbuddy.

In the event that you are genuinely town, Bsh1, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that if you randomly lynch in an 8 player (6 town 2 scum) setup, you have a 25% chance of killing scum. If you do nothing, there is a 0% chance of lynching scum. The mafia will not kill themselves, and inaction is one of the greatest mistakes a town can make.

Mrs. Lynch - slight town - all her activity looks townish - the more active you are, the more likely you are to scumslip. Similarly, her suggestion to out roles and interrogate people also looks townish, as being forced to claim early on is never a good thing for scum.

srehtiw - null - lack of significant activity.

SpencerJoyage14 - null - inactivity
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:24:08 AM
The irony is that the most experienced players all died in the night phase. Right now it is only Hatstand who is experienced right now and seeing how none of the scum have died yet, this dap phase will be very important to the town in scumhunting.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:28:49 AM
At 11/11/2013 1:49:55 AM, Hatstand wrote:
NotReallySmart - slight scum - I don't like the way he keeps on hopping on bandwagons without explaining himself.

Bsh1 - slight scum - he opened DP1 by suggesting a NL. However,n the haste with which he tried to implement this defeated the stated purpose of the NL: to give the townies a chance to get to understand eachother's playstyle. This is slightly mollified by his apparent enthusiasm for Mrs. Lynch's alternate suggestions. However, his unwillingness to commit to a lynch (despite the fact that he claimed that it was because he didn't want to lynch a townie) could mean that he didn't want to associate himself with a mislynch or risk lynching his scumbuddy.

: In the event that you are genuinely town, Bsh1, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that if you randomly lynch in an 8 player (6 town 2 scum) setup, you have a 25% chance of killing scum. If you do nothing, there is a 0% chance of lynching scum. The mafia will not kill themselves, and inaction is one of the greatest mistakes a town can make.

Mrs. Lynch - slight town - all her activity looks townish - the more active you are, the more likely you are to scumslip. Similarly, her suggestion to out roles and interrogate people also looks townish, as being forced to claim early on is never a good thing for scum.

Everyone, what I have bolded is what I was trying to show in the first day phase
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:32:10 AM
At 11/11/2013 1:22:03 AM, Hatstand wrote:

Your reads, if you would.

Sure I'm at school at the moment, but I'll give you them when I get home.
srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:27:04 AM
Ok then my reads.
Mrs.Lynch: I may just being paranoid but I am getting a slight scum read off her, she has been asking a lot of questions and while I realise that she like must of us is new I feel that she is making quite a big show out of her lack of knowledge, so I am worried that she is trying to make a smoke screen of inexperience to make us less suspicious of her.

Bsh: He seems quite opposed to a lynch at the moment, but I don't really feel a very strong mafia vibe coming off him, so I think that he may just be cautious.

NotReallySmart: I don't really know what to say about him. He worries me, but I can't put my finger on what he's done to make me suspicious. As such I wouldn't lynch him now, but I would keep an eye on him.

I don't have anything on the other players, and my ability isn't being helpful as I investigated JonMilne last NP and he is now dead.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:39:37 AM

In the event that you are genuinely town, Bsh1, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that if you randomly lynch in an 8 player (6 town 2 scum) setup, you have a 25% chance of killing scum. If you do nothing, there is a 0% chance of lynching scum. The mafia will not kill themselves, and inaction is one of the greatest mistakes a town can make.

I'm not with the mafia. Now that there are only 6 players, the odds of lynching a mafia member are even higher. Plus, we now all have reads on each other, so I feel perfectly comfortable with lynching someone in this day phase.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:42:32 AM
At 11/11/2013 10:27:04 AM, srehtiw wrote:
Ok then my reads.
Mrs.Lynch: I may just being paranoid but I am getting a slight scum read off her, she has been asking a lot of questions and while I realise that she like must of us is new I feel that she is making quite a big show out of her lack of knowledge, so I am worried that she is trying to make a smoke screen of inexperience to make us less suspicious of her.

Bsh: He seems quite opposed to a lynch at the moment, but I don't really feel a very strong mafia vibe coming off him, so I think that he may just be cautious.

I was probably too cautious for my own good. I do not get a mafia vibe from Ms. Lynch; however, I do agree that she has be professing her inexperience a little too much. But then again, who am I to critique her for being inexperienced?

NotReallySmart: I don't really know what to say about him. He worries me, but I can't put my finger on what he's done to make me suspicious. As such I wouldn't lynch him now, but I would keep an eye on him.

I don't have anything on the other players, and my ability isn't being helpful as I investigated JonMilne last NP and he is now dead.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:45:08 AM

I hesitantly agree with this. I think we all have a bad feeling re: NRS...

I would like to know what roles srehtiw and SJ14 have...could they claim their roles for us.

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

srehtiw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:47:17 AM
At 11/11/2013 10:45:08 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I would like to know what roles srehtiw and SJ14 have...could they claim their roles for us.

I already claimed last DP, I am the cop.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 10:53:41 AM
At 11/11/2013 10:47:17 AM, srehtiw wrote:
At 11/11/2013 10:45:08 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I already claimed last DP, I am the cop.

Oh, okay. Thanks!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:21:49 PM
Sorry for my inactivity, I am really new at this.

NotReallySmart - slight scum - I don't really like the way he keeps on hopping on bandwagons without explaining himself.

Bsh1 - slight scum - he opened DP1 by suggesting a NL. However, the haste with which he tried to contrivance this defeated the stated purpose of the NL: to give the townies a chance to get to understand eachother's playstyle. This is slightly mollified by his apparent enthusiasm for Mrs. Lynch's alternate recommendations. However, his unwillingness to commit to a lynch (despite the fact that he claimed that it was because he didn't want to lynch a townie) could mean that he didn't want to subordinate himself with a mislynch or risk lynching his scumbuddy.

srehtiw - null - lack of movement.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:35:26 PM
At 11/11/2013 1:21:49 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Sorry for my inactivity, I am really new at this.

NotReallySmart - slight scum - I don't really like the way he keeps on hopping on bandwagons without explaining himself.

Bsh1 - slight scum - he opened DP1 by suggesting a NL. However, the haste with which he tried to contrivance this defeated the stated purpose of the NL: to give the townies a chance to get to understand eachother's playstyle. This is slightly mollified by his apparent enthusiasm for Mrs. Lynch's alternate recommendations. However, his unwillingness to commit to a lynch (despite the fact that he claimed that it was because he didn't want to lynch a townie) could mean that he didn't want to subordinate himself with a mislynch or risk lynching his scumbuddy.

srehtiw - null - lack of movement.

And your thoughts on Mrs. Lynch?
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:40:15 PM

And your thoughts on Mrs. Lynch?

Oh, I forgot to write about her. I don't know, I think she is good but I'm still trying to figure everything out.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:59:30 PM
I guess I'll add my thoughts to this as well:

NRS - slightly scum; I think many of us have a bad feeling about him

Lynch - null; I'm suspicious, but I'm not willing to label her yet. Her actions have been in line with the town so far.

Srehtiw - null; insufficient activity.

SJ14 - null; insufficient activity

Hatstand - null; I haven't got a read on you yet. I would guess though, by your actions, that you might be town, but I'm not sure.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:09:18 PM
Alright. Mrs. Lynch and SpencerJoyage14 are our scum team.

I am the true watcher and Mrs. Lynch is lying scum.

(This is a CC on my part)

I then narrowed down who the second member of the scum team was by looking at the way that people interacted with Mrs. Lynch - even amongst more experienced players, there are many who are unwilling to bus a scumbuddy. My real reads from the last DP read as such:

NotReallySmart - was the first to pressure Mrs. Lynch to claim - probably town. Could also be an early claim gambit.

Bsh1 - tied himself to Mrs. Lynch DP1. Probably town.

Mrs. Lynch - fake watcher - scum

That was why I townread Mrs. Lynch, then asked for Srehtiw and SpacerJoyage14's reads. I offered a townread on Mrs. Lynch to see who would take the bait. Based on Srehtiw's scumread on Mrs. Lynch, and SpencerJoyage's non-read, I determined him to be the second member of the scum team. In addition, the reads he offered were mine C&P'd, not something a good townie would do.

To the scum team: don't take this as too much of a failure. The reason this fell apart so quickly was because one of your members was CC'd. It happens sometimes, just like the cop sometimes randomly investigates scum NP1. If that hadn't happened, you probably would have been able to pull a mislynch on the others, as (as I pointed out in my last reads list) they were behaving scummily.

Also, on the topic of my last reads list, everything I wrote there (except for what I wrote on Mrs. Lynch, which was meant as a trap) was the truth. The lie was that, had that been all I knew, I would have been pressuring my scumreads for reads of their own as well. Analysis of a person's reads is very useful in determining their affiliation.

It's a fairly common practice on DDO to lynch liars, as scum have to lie and townies don't, so it's possible to get through a game as town without lying. In springing my trap, I have lied to you, but the numbers are currently at (4-2), putting us at MYLO. If we mislynch today, we lose. So today we lynch Mrs. Lynch, and if I'm lying I get. Vigged. Sound good?

VTL Mrs. Lynch
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:10:58 PM
At 11/11/2013 1:59:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I guess I'll add my thoughts to this as well:

NRS - slightly scum; I think many of us have a bad feeling about him

Lynch - null; I'm suspicious, but I'm not willing to label her yet. Her actions have been in line with the town so far.

Based on this, put Bsh1 second on my backup scum list. Still, he's not nearly as likely to be scum as SpacerJoyage.

Srehtiw - null; insufficient activity.

SJ14 - null; insufficient activity

Hatstand - null; I haven't got a read on you yet. I would guess though, by your actions, that you might be town, but I'm not sure.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:18:47 PM
In light of Hatstand's rather damaging expose, I VTL Mrs.Lynch as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:05:06 PM
I have a few more things I'd like to say before we close the DP (on the assumption that I will be NK'd tonight). Please don't hammer just yet.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:58:34 PM
My legs hurt , so I am reluctant to hop on the bandwagon today.

I find it strange how srehtiw and bsh1 hurriedly voted for Mrs.Lynch without hearing her side of the argument first. That of course isn't enough to prove anything.

I have no reads on hatstand as of now, but I would like to hear what Mrs.Lynch has to say. As for Spencer Joy she did vote for me in the first round, but it was for a claim, so I don't have any opinion on her as of now. The only person I can say that seems like scum to me is Mrs.Lynch, because her attempt to appear innocent, by denying knowledge of what claiming was seems like fakery.

I would now like to find out what hatstand learned in the night phase as 'watcher'.

I would also like to say that if after this post people are still having bad vibes about me I will role claim, as my role is not beneficial if people have bad vibes about me.

A question: What does C&P'd mean?
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 4:30:41 PM
At 11/11/2013 3:58:34 PM, NotReallySmart wrote:

I would now like to find out what hatstand learned in the night phase as 'watcher'.

I watched Srehtiw, as his cop claim made him a likely target for the NK. No one visited him.

I would also like to say that if after this post people are still having bad vibes about me I will role claim, as my role is not beneficial if people have bad vibes about me.

A question: What does C&P'd mean?

C&P = copy and paste
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 4:35:57 PM
What NotReallySmart just asked me brings me to the next thing I was going to say.

Srehtiw, often cops are closed-lipped, because being a cop openly with draw the NK and cost the town a PR. However, with your role already in the open, the worst thing you can do is die without a legacy. I would like to know who you investigated last night and why. This is planning for the scenario where I have misread SpencerJoyage, and the town needs to figure out the other scum. Your confirming townies will help this along, and for the town, analysing your reasoning in choice of target will help them to determine your affiliation. Cop is an easy role to fake, so if Soencer turns out to be innocent, it's time to make yourself helpful.