Dungeons and Dragons

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 11:57:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anyone ever played it?

i have an idea for how to implement a way to play it on the site with a vast majority of users if anyone is interested.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 12:23:27 AM
YES I LOVE D&D. I am currently playing in a Pathfinder game w/ a Druid. Tell me how you think this shall work.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 1:01:14 AM
At 11/16/2013 12:23:27 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
YES I LOVE D&D. I am currently playing in a Pathfinder game w/ a Druid. Tell me how you think this shall work.

Main options. One you trust the dm to role for each person individually. You set the same story and what not, and people pick their actions through threads, while the DM is still making the plots and twists. Just he rolls for the dmg and the actions the character takes.

Which would be inconvenient. You just really have to trust the person doing it. You call all your actions and plays. He can just make all the checks and rolls for the fights. You can upload the maps through links in forum topic.
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 2:55:35 AM
At 11/16/2013 1:01:14 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/16/2013 12:23:27 AM, thedebatekid wrote:

Main options. One you trust the dm to role for each person individually. You set the same story and what not, and people pick their actions through threads, while the DM is still making the plots and twists. Just he rolls for the dmg and the actions the character takes.

Which would be inconvenient. You just really have to trust the person doing it. You call all your actions and plays. He can just make all the checks and rolls for the fights. You can upload the maps through links in forum topic.

yea thats the problem doing this online :P
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 4:40:29 PM
I would trust someone to do it. Hell I'd be willing to DM something like this if people were interested. I'd also play too if someone wanted to DM more/knows more about the game than I do (which isn't hard)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Fractals
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 3:16:21 AM
At 11/15/2013 11:57:31 PM, Mikal wrote:
Anyone ever played it?

i have an idea for how to implement a way to play it on the site with a vast majority of users if anyone is interested.

There have been games run on here before if you want examples, just use the search function.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 11:15:52 AM
I would be willing to trust, what about character stats. Will w etype out a page and send it to the DM. Maybe we can get a skype game going if people are willing to show faces. Then again people like to be anonymous.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
Sparkies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 8:44:29 PM
At 11/18/2013 11:15:52 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
I would be willing to trust, what about character stats. Will w etype out a page and send it to the DM. Maybe we can get a skype game going if people are willing to show faces. Then again people like to be anonymous.

i might be up for it
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 8:45:58 PM
At 11/18/2013 8:44:29 PM, Sparkies wrote:
At 11/18/2013 11:15:52 AM, thedebatekid wrote:

i might be up for it

I started an experiment with it.